Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

The Current State of ESO

Iamth3wa1rus09
This game has become a Meme as many of you may have noticed. There are A stupid amount of sets out there that no one even thinks about running because of Wrobel only designing the content the crown store throws up. PvP is a joke honestly, you can stack max health and use proc sets and still kill people ridiculously fast (Idk about pve). Just get a replacement for Wrobel.
  • Iamth3wa1rus09
    I also don't feel the need to write an entire page of why this game is stupidly broken because MANY people know this and want it to change.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8843e179817aee04c31a71a293f4d98a.jpg
  • AjiBuster499
    AjiBuster499
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Same bro same.
    tfw your sig gets wound back in time.
    Pterenophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does Wrobel have to do with the Crown Store? I mean, other than "nothing".
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Iamth3wa1rus09

I just mean that thats all he is relatively useful for imo
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    first and foremost eso has to make cash or we wont be playing it , so they need to make new items to make cash eso devs dont own the game , for them its a passion , its the shareholds who always want more .

bugs can take years to fix and even then there sometimes is a trade off . the game is more than playable even at times frustrating because of the hickups , better to help point out the bugs/issues so they can resolve them . to which takes time .

i am a tester for other games , can tell you its no easy task , these issues take time .

now you have got it off your chest do you feel more happy , or should we send you a foam brick to throw at the wall .

• Iamth3wa1rus09
    first and foremost eso has to make cash or we wont be playing it , so they need to make new items to make cash eso devs dont own the game , for them its a passion , its the shareholds who always want more .

bugs can take years to fix and even then there sometimes is a trade off . the game is more than playable even at times frustrating because of the hickups , better to help point out the bugs/issues so they can resolve them . to which takes time .

i am a tester for other games , can tell you its no easy task , these issues take time .

now you have got it off your chest do you feel more happy , or should we send you a foam brick to throw at the wall .

i'd prefer the foam brick
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inaction will kill this game. It's already bleeding from a wound.
    My theory is that they'll shut it down right after TES 6 is released since all they do is dish out DLC.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *yawns* I can't recommend this post. -1 creativity. -1 any real subject matter or point. Very disappointing.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you release software with known bugs, some of them game-breaking, then you know quality is not the priority going forward.
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just get a replacement for Wrobel.

What is "wrobel"? Colloquial term for unnecessary stuff?

...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sounds like you spend more time reading people QQ in the forums over playing the game.

What you are spewing is complete nonsense.
  • Iamth3wa1rus09
    Menelaos wrote: »
    Just get a replacement for Wrobel.

What is "wrobel"? Colloquial term for unnecessary stuff?

You could say that - Wrobel is the lead combat designer for the game though.
  • Iamth3wa1rus09
    It sounds like you spend more time reading people QQ in the forums over playing the game.

What you are spewing is complete nonsense.

Indeed this is what i do for fun.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give me an example of one single build that can stack health and still kill any average player!

Blazeplars were nerfed long ago.
  • Iamth3wa1rus09
    Give me an example of one single build that can stack health and still kill any average player!

Give me a moment and i'll link one.
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what is wrong but I do know that PvP does not seem all that interesting.

I came in late to ESO and joined in because I read that PvP was 'skillful' and what not. I don't find that to be the case. Most players spam 1 or 2 abilities, either through block (as in blocking while spamming) or spam 1-2 abilities and then stealth, repeating (or stack 3 attacks that can all be popped at once, usually via a macro). Gear seems to trump skill and even when two similarly geared groups fight, the 'skill' seems to be all about building up ults and unloading on 1 enemy player, similar to overwatch play, which I find really dull. Not exactly sure how any of that is 'skillful'. At least in overwatch you have some twitch skill that speeds ult building. In ESO it i just spam spam spam.... ult... spam spam spam...

I can see that the game could require skill to win and I imagine that sometimes that is the case. But those fights seem rare. Add in server side lag and other problems, just makes it all very bland and average feeling.

Fun but average is how I find ESO PvP. Really the best part of the game is the questing. Everything else seems very average. No regrets giving this a try but I can't wait for the next reasonably looking MMO to launch
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So people can blame him when they spend 300 USD on crown crates and not get their mounts. I like this argument already!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Iamth3wa1rus09

So people can blame him when they spend 300 USD on crown crates and not get their mounts. I like this argument already!

not what i meant but sure lol
  • Iamth3wa1rus09

5x Caluurion's Legacy, 5x Plague Doctor, 2x Zaan - The legacy proc will hit someone for about 4-6k or even higher.
    Zaan hits for almost 20k over 6 ticks. and you can literally have 40k health or more.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭

5x Caluurion's Legacy, 5x Plague Doctor, 2x Zaan - The legacy proc will hit someone for about 4-6k or even higher.
    Zaan hits for almost 20k over 6 ticks. and you can literally have 40k health or more.

there you go, the next meta :#
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahh, the monthly doomsday post fix has arrived. Thanks, the turkey is gone now.

In other news:
    #metoo
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what is wrong but I do know that PvP does not seem all that interesting.

I came in late to ESO and joined in because I read that PvP was 'skillful' and what not. I don't find that to be the case. Most players spam 1 or 2 abilities, either through block (as in blocking while spamming) or spam 1-2 abilities and then stealth, repeating (or stack 3 attacks that can all be popped at once, usually via a macro). Gear seems to trump skill and even when two similarly geared groups fight, the 'skill' seems to be all about building up ults and unloading on 1 enemy player, similar to overwatch play, which I find really dull. Not exactly sure how any of that is 'skillful'. At least in overwatch you have some twitch skill that speeds ult building. In ESO it i just spam spam spam.... ult... spam spam spam...

I can see that the game could require skill to win and I imagine that sometimes that is the case. But those fights seem rare. Add in server side lag and other problems, just makes it all very bland and average feeling.

Fun but average is how I find ESO PvP. Really the best part of the game is the questing. Everything else seems very average. No regrets giving this a try but I can't wait for the next reasonably looking MMO to launch

@BrockofPercival This is why I picked up a game called “Nioh” for PS4 (it is also currently out for PC as well). Although I was late in obtaining the game (I finally got my hands on it after the “Conplete Edition” was released), I can truly say that Nioh has by far the most detailed and fluid combat system I’ve ever experienced. It’s seamless, to be honest with you. No matter which: Weapon you’re using, stance, armor class, etc. The combat is always flawless.

And the PvP? Probably the best I have ever experienced. You should really look into this game, if you’re into complex combat systems. It’s a disservice to do so otherwise.

Here’s an example of Nioh combat:
    https://youtu.be/a2AihaMyZXU
  • Iamth3wa1rus09

@BrockofPercival This is why I picked up a game called “Nioh” for PS4 (it is also currently out for PC as well). Although I was late in obtaining the game (I finally got my hands on it after the “Conplete Edition” was released), I can truly say that Nioh has by far the most detailed and fluid combat system I’ve ever experienced. It’s seamless, to be honest with you. No matter which: Weapon you’re using, stance, armor class, etc. The combat is always flawless.

And the PvP? Probably the best I have ever experienced. You should really look into this game, if you’re into complex combat systems. It’s a disservice to do so otherwise.

Here’s an example of Nioh combat:
    https://youtu.be/a2AihaMyZXU

Looks super fun, is this ps4 only?
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    @Cha4mpTW Thanks, will check it out. Looks worth trying. Reminds me of a couple fun medieval combat type games that were good.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait so lets just take a step back for a second and look at a couple things: the pic from the 75k cal/zaan tank build is taken from inside the brand new limited dark brotherhood themed crown store house that costs $100USD. And the Nioh game play was “dodge left or right and unleash a combo before you have to dodge left or right again”

So we’re hating on the game but that $100 just incentivized more crownstore development and sales.

And were saying an equally if not more 2 dimensional game is “fluid and better combat”

Alllright. Welp. Inb4thelock
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Iamth3wa1rus09
    Rickter wrote: »
    Wait so lets just take a step back for a second and look at a couple things: the pic from the 75k cal/zaan tank build is taken from inside the brand new limited dark brotherhood themed crown store house that costs $100USD. And the Nioh game play was “dodge left or right and unleash a combo before you have to dodge left or right again”

So we’re hating on the game but that $100 just incentivized more crownstore development and sales.

And were saying an equally if not more 2 dimensional game is “fluid and better combat”

Alllright. Welp. Inb4thelock

This was on the PTS - im not spending real money on something like this lol
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This recap does not even match up with the skills in the build.

Two clearly differernt morphs.

Not saying Zaan is a balanced set but only a potato would die to 16k damage over 4 seconds. Zaan being the only source of damage is not viable, so your are QQ’ing over nothing.

The real proc meta was when I could viper/veli incap anyone and kill them within half a second, then move on the next target.

Or when a stam sorc would Taunt and 1-shot people with viper/tremorscale on their shield/1-hand bar.
  • Iamth3wa1rus09
    This recap does not even match up with the skills in the build.

Two clearly differernt morphs.

Not saying Zaan is a balanced set but only a potato would die to 16k damage over 4 seconds. Zaan being the only source of damage is not viable, so your are QQ’ing over nothing.

The real proc meta was when I could viper/veli incap anyone and kill them within half a second, then move on the next target.

Or when a stam sorc would Taunt and 1-shot people with viper/tremorscale on their shield/1-hand bar.

i have 30k resists and 2k crit resists - this is 16k damage over 4 seconds. And what are you going on about skills?