Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What playable race would you like to see added to ESO?

• GatheredMyst
    GatheredMyst
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly?

None. They managed to get all ten races into the game that have been a staple of Elder Scrolls lore forever. They've also managed to do so in a way that utilizes unibody skeletons so that fitting armor is a lot easier.

Coming from Everquest II, where near every race had a unique skeleton, adding anything more complicated means more work, and fewer armor styles in the long run.

Also? I'm not sure that there's been much of a basis in lore to see these kinds of things happen. Every Elder Scrolls game so far has been pretty consistent, and I'd think that consistency is what makes the game feel like it's part of this universe.

What could they do instead?
    • Broaden the list of options for hair, fur patterns, skin tones, tattoo's, eye colors, etc, for character create.
    • Broaden the way that characters can change their body shape. Allow for Khajiit, for example, to take on more muscle mass, so that those folks who want to play the "Cathay Raht" can at least get close. Same with Argonians, humans, etc. Why not?

Stuff like that. Expand upon what's currently there for other races. Heck, the body piece? Could be implemented likely straight away, though I hesitate to call it "easy" and make the devs twitch :tongue:
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Split Imperials into Colovians and Nibenese.

Split Khajiit into their different sub-species.

Imga.

sub races for all/most of the races... allow the subrace passives to reflect the opposite build emphasis (ie. stam or mag, etc.). Different skin colours, minor adornment changes.

profit for ZOS.

Allow me to suggest GOBLINS/REIKLINGS as a playable race and subrace :)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any race added would likely retconn lore around that particular race...
    Wrong.
    As has been outlined, a great many races would be suitable for player characters in ESO due to the "vestige from coldharbour turned hero" gamestory. It wouldn't metter if any race is -generally- an antagonist race (like imperials are in the ESO fluff, or cross-alliance races), as an individual can still fit the heroic plot of ESOs mainstory...
    They managed to get all ten races into the game that have been a staple of Elder Scrolls lore forever...
    Pfffttt... you do know that the "ten races forever" only were a thing from TES-III:Morrowind onward, and before that one it was eight? And in TES:Battlespire even only six?
    So much for a "staple" - its basically only half the TES games, less if we also count TES:Redguard (which I wouldn't, since that one is more or less playing a premade character)

Like I mentioned, here and elsewhere, they could very well add the races already in the game as antagonists to the PC options for a small crown surcharge, much like imperials, and if that works out well for them, add more options in the future...
    What could they do instead?
    • Broaden the list of options for hair, fur patterns, skin tones, tattoo's, eye colors, etc, for character create.
    • Broaden the way that characters can change their body shape. Allow for Khajiit, for example, to take on more muscle mass, so that those folks who want to play the "Cathay Raht" can at least get close. Same with Argonians, humans, etc. Why not?
    That would be a different discussion, but definitely one worth having!

I mentioned both possibilities before, crown store unlocks for cross-racial coloring options (how many times have people wanted black haired altmer PCs?) and "structural unlocks" for titanborn nords, breton dwarves that drink wine and know things, chest-heavy priestesses of dibella, overly muscular orcs with anger issues or tiny pixielike dunmer...

I mean, they would be likely to earn twice on this, forst for the unlock, and then for appearance change tokens from those who want to refit one of the new options to their old characters, right? (And yeah, I'd be one of those!) ;)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwarves and giants
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like to play as golden saint and dark seducer~~ or demora would be nice