Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What playable race would you like to see added to ESO?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just Lamia?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Goblin-ken (Goblins, Reiklings) wouldn't make for sense as they're, at best, slaves (see Dunmeri and Altmeri culture) but mostly monsters).

you may call us "slaves", but we shall not serve in bondage forever...

RISE UP MY GOBLIN BRETHREN, BREAK YOUR BONDS, AND CLAIM YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE IN TAMRIEL!!!

• xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mudcrab?

those flying faeries?

ninroot?

I am a stamina ninroot warden.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsaesci.
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on March 8, 2018 9:03PM
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so first off, that initial statement is very incorrect. From Arena to Daggerfall, you only have eight races, Altmer, Argonian, Bosmer, Breton, Dunmer, Khajiit, Nord and Redguard. Orsimer and Imperial were the only races to be added to the games starting in Morrowind, while in Battlespire, you could only pick from six races (they left out Argonians and Khajiits).
    Indeed, so that "always ten races" is a myth spread by the uninformed... orcs were a "monster race" once, and a player race now, who's to say they cannot make such a step again in ESO if they want to?
    But if they were to ever add a playable race to ESO? The most likely one is the Imga, as they're not extinct, but hiding within Falinesti, wherever that damned tree currently resides...
    Indeed, and the ape-men apeing the altmer might make a interesting addition... it does not even matter that their fellows are nowhere to be found, as player characters generally start "away from home" anyhow... and being sacrificed by mannimarco and spending some time in coldharbour might make them miss the call to join them, yes? ;)
    Snow Elves (Falmer) are virtually extinct, save for the two you actually meet in Skyrim/corrupted monsters.
    Exactly, and have been since before the battle of red mountain... so they are a big "nope"
    Moarmer doesn't seem plausible as they don't really care for Tamriel or helping any of its inhabitants and would rather just sack Summerset and try to claim it for themselves.
    Are plausible.
    Since we are not talking about the -race- in generall but an individual "vestige"...
    And a maormer helping the pact or covenant because that's where they landed when escaping from coldharbour is as plausible as an imperial doing the same. A bit less plausible would be them helping the dominion, but again, no less then a breton, orc or redguard playing through EP quests from bleackrock to stonefalls... or a dominion race playing through the shadowfen storyline... or an imperial in bangkorai or reapers march...
    Lilmothiit, while probably a cool race, are extinct from the Knahaten Flu.
    Truth.
    How-ever... that only happened twenty years before the time of ESO, it is not completely implausible that a handful such Lilmothiit are still around, doomed to extinction due to lack of genetic diversity...
    Let's call it a "maybe" for player race. If it would ever come, it should at an "extra rare" surcharge.
    Dwemer are, to put it plainly, gone.
    And noone ever saw any of them, except for Yagrum Bagarn, and he never ever found another in all the time from their disappearance until the events of TES-III:Morrowind. And he spent all that time looking.
    Dremora (humanoid daedra) just doesn't make sense.
    Exactly.
    Oh, sure, it would be "cool" - but not in this game, with that sort of storyline.
    Maybe if they ever make a special TES game for it... I could see that "The Elder Scrolls - Padomays Shadow" or something, where you start as one of the humanoid daedric races and quest through oblibion and then mundus... fighting some cosmic calamity that threatend both worlds... have all the critters and denizens of tamriel as "mobs" and "adventurer parties" as bossfights... sounds neat, but not in ESO!
    I honestly like the idea of playable Minotaurs, but they're regressed into beasts. A shame as they were the children of Alessia and Morihaus-Breath-of-Kyne.
    Also, would clip through doorways and such... which is the very same reason giants, obres and the like would be quite unsiotable for player characters as well.
    Nedes, from various tribes, such as the Kothringi, the Orma, and so on wouldn't make much sense as, over time, those peoples have died out and/or been assimilated into modern day Breton, Nordic or Imperial cultures.
    Also, the last of the Kothringi died out in the knarhaten flu, again, twenty years ago from the ESO time. Still a "maybe" at a surcharge... but not all that likely.
    Goblin-ken (Goblins, Reiklings) wouldn't make for sense as they're, at best, slaves (see Dunmeri and Altmeri culture) but mostly monsters).
    Would make sense too, they are no worse then reachmen in the "antagonist" and "primitive" category... yes, they are rather primitive, but they clearly have language, magic, crafting skills... an "exceptional" goblin could make a plausible player character (though it would be cool if they faced some sort of drawback due to their bad reputation throughout tamriel!)
    "Akaviri" is a broad term for any race of Akavir, the Tsaesci (possible snake people, maybe humanoid like Argonians, or more like the Lamias or maybe humans from Akavir), the Kamali (snow demons), the Ka Po'Tun (tiger folks, akin to Khajiit) and Tang Mo (monkey people, akin to Imga).
    ...and all four may be viable as player character race.
    Tsaesci are tall and golden-scaled, and may or may not bave a snakes lower body - possibly both, it would be entirely plausible that the race has two castes, a humanoid "snakemen" ruling caste and a "lamia-ish" warrior caste... and if the powers that be decide along those lines, the humaniod ones might be quite vialbe as player race!
    Tang-Mo monkey people would be very possible. But then we definitely also need polearms for a quaterstaff, for Sun Wukong reasons!
    Ka Po-tun tigerpeople as well (only question would be how to make them different from khajiit...)
    Kamal... well, not much is known about them except that others call them "snow demons". The lore does state they "freeze solid during winter" which would make them unsuitable for adventuring in skyrim... but, that may be an exxageration, might be that they are just not very active in winters (a reptile race that hibernates, perhaps?), and the rest is a tale grown in the telling - the ones who hold the license can decide that as they wish.
    Adult sloads collapse under their own weight without spells or water...
    ...and are thus unsuitable for player characters. they are... more like the tamriel-tastic version of jabba the hutt I would think...

Ayleids are also extince for quite a while, as are sinmer, both people assimilated in to altmer I would think.

...aaand that about covers it, I guess.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a few inappropriate comments from this thread. Please keep this discussion on-topic and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how you could make Daedra a playable race...

...but I'd like to see Taesci / Akaviri races

Sea Elves might be cool...
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like three new races

Goblins for the Daggerfall Covenant
    Lilmothiit for he Ebonheart Pact
    Imga for the Aldmeri domninion
    I want spell crafting.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Lilmothiit!

Also this sentience is incorrect: TES games have always used the same 9 playable races

We have 10 races at the moment and orcs were not always playable in the older games beyond Morrowind (I forgot which one)

But that's just me nitpicking lol

Sadly if we are to get any race, it'd be the damn sea elves, as if we need anymore elves....

But I'd fall head over heels for a beast race of any kind, even a new subspecies of khajiit, but Lilmothiit would be amazing.

thanks for telling me this xD i totally forgot about one lolol
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lamia...
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mud crabs.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like three new races

Goblins for the Daggerfall Covenant
    Lilmothiit for he Ebonheart Pact
    Imga for the Aldmeri domninion

I would think, Goblins may be more likely tolerated in the pact, as... slaves... admittedly... but still!
    And as mentioned, Lilmothiit are a bit iffy, with the whole "extinct through knarhaten flu" thing...

Personally, I think it would be better to treat them all like Imperials - as crown store unlock, but once you pay you get them unlocked for all alliances. And I would start with Maormer "to test the waters" so to speak... then maybe add Gobbos and Reachmen (since all those have their own crafting style in the game), maybe the four akaviri races as well, and while we're at it, Imga since they make a lot of sense.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tang-mo
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna be a time travelling robot with a laser cannon arm.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Maormer; they're plentiful enough, and they interact with Tamriel more than the Akaviri, so I'd think having a few non-hostile ones show up in mainland Tamriel would be no stranger than, say, a non-hostile Khajiit showing up in High Rock. Surely they have outcasts, political dissidents, and other individuals who might think it healthier to leave Pyandonea and move far, far away just like every other major region...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    For the most part, we have used the same 10 playable races in almost every TES game, but ESO is the perfect game in the franchise to finally add a new one. If we ever did get a new race, what would you like to play as?

For me, I think a Minotaur race would be awesome! Or perhaps the snake people from Akavari that look like Lamias.

(Let's keep it lore friendly as much as possible)

Minotaur race would be awesome!
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit, make it a DLC :dizzy:

And wereboars!!

https://youtu.be/hFKgFQXThfY
    Edited by greylox on March 8, 2018 10:28PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• DGVish
    DGVish
    ✭✭
    Molag Bal, I wanna be him.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »

So... Dwemer construct?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any kind of snake people. PLEASE. I see Lamia everywhere in game (admittedly most of the time the quest asks me to kill them). But still...would love to play a sneklady/man(if they exist).
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

So... Dwemer construct?

Was thinking more along the lines of an elf slaughtering lunatic.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    c57e002ec3b890b343f0d3a826c98205.jpg

Crows Wood Avians!
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    how about Dwemer, artifical intelligent golem folks.

locked away deep in unknown parts of Blackreach where falmir fear to trend or these clockwork people in clockwork dome.
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurs.

They had centaurs (NPCs) in Daggerfall and have never been seen again in a TES game.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    None! It'd likely be imbalanced as hell for an entire 3 months AT THE BARE MINIMUM.
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭

You can't be Pelinal Whitestreak, sorry.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None! It'd likely be imbalanced as hell for an entire 3 months AT THE BARE MINIMUM.
    Using that logic, we should never add any new gameplay to the game again, ever. No new classes, no new skill lines, no new weapons, no new races. ....
    :/
    Sounds boring.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely the quadrupedal khajiit.
  • necr0o
    necr0o
    ✭✭✭
    Sload...
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a better idea would be expanding on each of the existing playable races as well as race having more of an impact in the story and NPC interaction.
    If it is weird to see Argonians or Nords in certain parts of the world I want to hear an NPC comment on that. Or ask me questions about my heritage. Help the player build their character in the RP sense.
    My main and original point being expand on the sub-culture of each of the races. Like Morrowind did with the Great Houses and the Ashlanders.
    Maybe make a group of Nords who still actively worship Dragons and await the return of Alduin. I really liked seeing the cultural garbs of the Nords of Falkreath.