The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time for the 10th trait

bryanhaas
bryanhaas
✭✭✭✭
I think it is time for the 10th trait, we have been going along with 9 for so long time for #10. Also instead of buffing and nerfing we could just get 1 new trait per year see problem solved everyone happy. I would also like to see CP250 CP500 CP750 gear too plus the jewelry crafting.
PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    I think it is time for the 10th trait, we have been going along with 9 for so long time for #10. Also instead of buffing and nerfing we could just get 1 new trait per year see problem solved everyone happy.

Do you know what you would want this trait to be? We're still stuck with some pretty useless traits, I don't see the need for another one just for crafter funsises.
    I would also like to see CP250 CP500 CP750 gear too

Oh god no kill it with fire.
    plus the jewelry crafting.

Yes this would be cool (and has been datamined recently).
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it is time for the 10th trait, we have been going along with 9 for so long time for #10. Also instead of buffing and nerfing we could just get 1 new trait per year see problem solved everyone happy. I would also like to see CP250 CP500 CP750 gear too plus the jewelry crafting.

They should remove the invigoration trait and make it prosperous like this was previously but with a little change:
    • It should increase the gold we get ( useful for thieves)
    • It should increase the change to get Rare fish ( useful for fisher )
    • It should increase the chance to improve the quality of an item so we could use 7 dreugh wax instead of 8 (useful for crafter)
    • It should increase the loot in the chest ( useful for treasure hunter )

I mean ... this trait is actually useless in PVP and PVE, it could be usefull in various activites.

Then add a new trait ... it could affect duration of our skill or area ? Maybe reduce the health/stam/magicka cost of skills by X % ?

I'm agaisnt the idea to increase Gear lvl.
    Edited by Apherius on March 5, 2018 11:04PM
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a trait that gives you more gold for enemy kill drops?
    Suggested name: 'profitable'.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    I'm agaisnt the idea to increase Gear lvl.

Oh come on where's your sense of adventure, the excitement. I still want a different title for master angler. I don't mention it though else this post be insta deleted.

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a trait that gives you more gold for enemy kill drops?
    Suggested name: 'profitable'.

I would prefer one that gives sweetrolls or more alkahest.

Okay, okay I can't stop laughing the alkahest was in jest, which I am sure anyone can get but if there where 10 traits we could have the one back for more gold and again we could have the prosperous build. I still have my troll build, mag sorc dps with rapid manuever on overload bar, why you ask? Picture AA people on horses and suddenly they go really fast, it is awesome. Speaking of which since jubilee cake came out I have never took it off my bar, I love dungeons with doors everyone else not so much.

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I think it is time for the 10th trait, we have been going along with 9 for so long time for #10. Also instead of buffing and nerfing we could just get 1 new trait per year see problem solved everyone happy.

Do you know what you would want this trait to be? We're still stuck with some pretty useless traits, I don't see the need for another one just for crafter funsises.
    I would also like to see CP250 CP500 CP750 gear too

Oh god no kill it with fire.

Aside from troll traits not quite sure, maybe one to increase weapon damage / spell damage dunno. Figured I would get a lot more angry responses actually.

But on the gear that part is actually serious, would also like more CP with each patch then it would feel more like an accomplishment getting to them max CP.

Oh and btw: Oh no gods no!! Kill it, kill it with fire, oh for the love of the 8 why won't you kill it with fire!!!

• emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10th trait will equal one of three things:
    New meta
    Viable for only pve or pvp not both
    Useless

Same result will be forum complaints
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prosperous trait was removed because it was useful...for bots. Practically speaking, you saved more money by farming in impenetrable gear for the lower armor repair costs.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to see CP250 CP500 CP750 gear too plus the jewelry crafting.

You realize the CP cap is CP720 currently, yes?

I don't think this is a great idea. Lower CP players are already pretty vocal about the gap they have to bridge to the CP cap. Higher CP players will just bully them by requiring the highest tier for content (e.g. vet dungeons).

I think it is time for the 10th trait, we have been going along with 9 for so long time for #10.

I would be OK with a 10th trait as long as it's worthwhile to have on gear and weapons (as mentioned above).
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want gear cap raise. That would be a waste of time and a big disappointment

a 10th trait though why not
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    instead of 10... how about we have 14?

Fire
    Ice
    Lighting
    Poison

So we get stones that can enchant the following damage for top gold items %5 each
    So if i place 7 lighting stones on the full 7 set the the lighting damage would be increased to 35% ?

OR

What if we have a stone that can increase speed of using / casting of magica and bow ?

Don't know something new would be nice
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    instead of 10... how about we have 14?

Fire
    Ice
    Lighting
    Poison

So, there's these things called enchantments...

No they don't work exactly the way you want this traits to work, but enchantments already boost the damage types of weapons the way you want the traits to, plus they are already balanced in the combat system. Traits that duplicate the effects of enchantments aren't needed.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 6, 2018 11:49AM
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭

Really? Does it come with the next chapter?
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Griffe wrote: »

No idea when. Just the faint hope it will happen.

As for a 10th trait, no. Just no. And not just because ZOS can't even give us 9 solidly good traits already. You see, unless they adjusted the research times, it'd take an already 9 trait crafter 2 months to research a 10th trait. And you people whine about the riding lessons taking too long. So just stop already.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    As for a 10th trait, no. Just no. And not just because ZOS can't even give us 9 solidly good traits already. You see, unless they adjusted the research times, it'd take an already 9 trait crafter 2 months to research a 10th trait. And you people whine about the riding lessons taking too long. So just stop already.
    It might be an idea, though. Introduce a must-have trait that takes 6 months to research on each piece, and they've got their subscription renewals sorted!
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, we can re-farm all our gear at CP250, CP500, and CP750? Only changes - Our gear gets worse the higher our CP, our tedium farming up our Monster Sets, Jewelry, and Weapon Sets goes up even higher.
    For those of us already at CP 250, CP 500, or ....Well, meh.. Yeah, our gear suddenly gets several steps weaker for no reason, and we have to start over again getting our flawless builds set up.
    Hmm... lots of people would be pissed at all the suddenly wasted Gold Improvements. God, sets from the Golden costed a lot and they would all be instantly worthless too!
    ...Great idea! 10/10 would eat thumb tacks again.

As for a 10th weapon/armor trait.. Why? Just why? What point would it serve? We already have so many pointless traits that aren't even situational?
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a loss of a good name for a 10th trait so I'll good with one I'm not happy with.

Transform - Transforms the light and heavy attack regen pool to the opposite. i.e. A stave with the trait would regn the stamina pool while a 1H would regen the magicka pool.

This would open up the play as you like options a bit more on weapon choices and play styles. It would have no effect on the actual skill lines of the weapons so no new programing there. It is a step that would make hybrid builds more viable in allowing players options in handling these regen pools.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »

No idea when. Just the faint hope it will happen.

"Soon", I guess.
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to see CP250 CP500 CP750 gear too.

I don't know why people keep asking for higher CP gear. Because of level scaling it will be no better than what we currently have. All that would happen is that CP160 gear would suddenly become much weaker if you are high CP and everyone will have to farm and craft new gear. Lots of wasted time farming dungeon sets and lots of wasted gold and gold tempers.
    Edited by Naomi_K on March 7, 2018 7:27AM
    PC EU
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    I do not like the idea of 10th trait (I really dislike the necessity to learn the new trait 40 times) and I see higher CP gear as a really bad idea. (even ow the CP 160 gear is very expensive with the 10 time amount of materials and if the new gear should be of any good, it will make it harder for newer players to really catch up)

But jewelery crafting (or at least upgrading) is something I am lookinng forward to. Perhaps the data mining was right and this feature is coming near.
    Edited by Enokariel on March 7, 2018 1:16PM
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    At a loss of a good name for a 10th trait so I'll good with one I'm not happy with.

Transform - Transforms the light and heavy attack regen pool to the opposite. i.e. A stave with the trait would regn the stamina pool while a 1H would regen the magicka pool.

This would open up the play as you like options a bit more on weapon choices and play styles. It would have no effect on the actual skill lines of the weapons so no new programing there. It is a step that would make hybrid builds more viable in allowing players options in handling these regen pools.

It could go - 10 / 25 / 50 / 75% efficiency.
    Even a Legendary sword with this Trait would still not give as much Magicka as a Staff, but it would be a fair amount..
    ..of course, Dual weild would become the hybrid supermeta because of the ability to use one weapon with and one without.

Or, to combat that, the trait could instead make your weapon restore both.
    10 / 15 / 20 / 25% from the opposite resource with 40 / 35 / 30 / 25% less effeciency of it’s normal restore.
    Or.. better numbers for a better balance.
    Maybe it sacrifices at Legendary 33% effeciency from weapon main stat to give 50% restore of opposite stat?

That kinda opens up ideas no matter how you consider it.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New trait; Divine Interconnection

What does it do? You'll never ever lag in Cyrodiil again. Crown Store exclusive in Crown Crates with a 0.0000005% drop rate.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naomi_K wrote: »
    I would also like to see CP250 CP500 CP750 gear too.

I don't know why people keep asking for higher CP gear. Because of level scaling it will be no better than what we currently have. All that would happen is that CP160 gear would suddenly become much weaker if you are high CP and everyone will have to farm and craft new gear. Lots of wasted time farming dungeon sets and lots of wasted gold and gold tempers.

To answer your question; To make people mad, however there are still plenty of legitimate good ideas in this thread. There is also part of me that feels like at some point the cp on gear should be raised, I mean are we just supposed to have CP160 for as long as the game is out? Maybe every 500 cp levels that way it will take a good long while. Still want a 10th trait though. :smiley:

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    New trait; Divine Interconnection

What does it do? You'll never ever lag in Cyrodiil again. Crown Store exclusive in Crown Crates with a 0.0000005% drop rate.

Except the trait has a 0.000005 chance to proc.

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

So, we can re-farm all our gear at CP250, CP500, and CP750? Only changes - Our gear gets worse the higher our CP, our tedium farming up our Monster Sets, Jewelry, and Weapon Sets goes up even higher.
    For those of us already at CP 250, CP 500, or ....Well, meh.. Yeah, our gear suddenly gets several steps weaker for no reason, and we have to start over again getting our flawless builds set up.
    Hmm... lots of people would be pissed at all the suddenly wasted Gold Improvements. God, sets from the Golden costed a lot and they would all be instantly worthless too!
    ...Great idea! 10/10 would eat thumb tacks again.

As for a 10th weapon/armor trait.. Why? Just why? What point would it serve? We already have so many pointless traits that aren't even situational?

My patron Daedra is uncle Sheo, does that answer your question? I have 9 trait everything and I'm bored want a new trait to learn. Why? For the thrill, the adventure and the bananas.

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    10th trait will equal one of three things:
    New meta
    Viable for only pve or pvp not both
    Useless

Same result will be forum complaints

Then.... 11th trait?

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

You realize the CP cap is CP720 currently, yes?

I don't think this is a great idea. Lower CP players are already pretty vocal about the gap they have to bridge to the CP cap. Higher CP players will just bully them by requiring the highest tier for content (e.g. vet dungeons).

I think it is time for the 10th trait, we have been going along with 9 for so long time for #10.

I would be OK with a 10th trait as long as it's worthwhile to have on gear and weapons (as mentioned above).

I'm max cp been since I was VR16 never pull any of the elitist crap but have not played as much recently.

• Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already have 9 useless ones why not a 10th. You got my vote.

It should also takes 6 months to research the 10th trait. Just for giggles.
    Edited by Invincible on March 12, 2018 5:23AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Time to get prosperous back!
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to have a trait that shows mage guild books with names and skyshards on my console pleb map.