The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Next Update: Balance Changes! USELESS SKILLS & MORPHS

Moglijuana
Moglijuana
✭✭✭✭✭
Hope everyone has been enjoying Dragon Bones so far...It's honestly pretty fun from what I've had the chance to encounter. I've even done *gasp* some PvE too!

Up next, the much anticipated combat changes. Some classes are in DIRE need of re works, so how about instead of asking to add new abilities and passives into the game, we each list one or more skills/passives or morphs from your favorite class that feels useless to you and why? Hopefully (doubtful but worth a try) ZOS can take a glance and see what skills are universally seen as useless and make minor adjustments as necessary instead of doing a complete overhaul on all skills (NOT WHAT WE WANT).

I'll start...

Dragonknight: FRAGMENTED SHIELD. Damage is pitiful, especially only coming from the caster. Shield size is pitiful. Cost is way too high. Other morph completely overshadows it. Rework plzzzzzz.
Edited by Moglijuana on March 1, 2018 7:15PM
Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be in the Combat & Character Mechanics forums, @Moglijuana ... and not PTS.

PTS forums are for feedback on actual combat changes made by ZOS ... and loaded into the test environment for players to evaluate for a future patch on Live.

PTS forums are not for player theory which ZOS may or may not implement.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong forum, but I'll make a contribution nonetheless:

Impulse and morphs need improvement. (1) Revert the useless ranged morph back to a DoT, and (2) completely redesign Minor Mangle to make it useful.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Streak:

I mean ... how do you explain the cost increase ? from a RP point ? You can't .

Streak should work like molag Kena, if the cost is increased we should get damage or buff.
    (1) Make it so if you stop streaking during 4 sec -> deal X lightning damage to the nearest target ( X should increase by 25 or 50% each time you streaked before these 4 sec ends. ).
    (2) or make it give a buff, When you streak you get a little buff that increase your magicka/stamina or Spell damage/Weapon damage by X during Y seconds ( X and Y should increase with each streak,).
    (3) one morph should prevent ennemies to target you during the streak and 1 second after the streak ... This would prevent all these gapcloser ... This morph should'nt stun or deal any damage.

Then we will probably see more diversity, while one morph could be used while fighting or in a Burst combo, the second could be used to run away ( like the Cloak, but with a 50% increased cost each time you use it in less than 4 seconds).

Crystal:

Come on ... Crystal blast is one of the worst ingame morph:
    (1) both morph should proc, or one should become a heal morph
    (2) if both morph proc, one should stun and deal 10% more damage, the second should deal 20% more damage + aoe damage.

Encase:

ALL the morph that deal damage or apply a snare once the effect end are USELESSS ( i didn't said the skill was useless, just the morphs).
    (1) keep the base skill, make a morph apply a snare immediatly or a debuff to the ennemy immediatly
    (2) change the second morph, make it a DPS skill, a Dot that you put on the ennmy dealing X magic damage per seconds during X second, or make it apply a debuff.

Rune cage:

The base skill is good, but this morph is just useless ... it deal 6K damage if the target don't break the stun after 3 seconds ... make it a apply a little dot, or a minor debuff.
    Edited by Apherius on March 2, 2018 12:03PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    in before nerf sorc xD
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well first of all ZOS PLS FIX ALL BUGS AND DO NOT INTRODUCE NEW ONES!!!
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugs need fixing first, then classes can be compared. Buggy classes cannot be compared to non-buggy.

Then 'finder/trial' almost non-existent class/role combos need looking at, like DK healer, NB tank, NB healer

Then 'finder/trial' under-represented class/role combos need looking at, like sorc/templar tank, sorc healer, stam templar DPS

Then look at what's left over and balance it, by tweaking the under-used skills.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Hope everyone has been enjoying Dragon Bones so far...It's honestly pretty fun from what I've had the chance to encounter. I've even done *gasp* some PvE too!

Up next, the much anticipated combat changes. Some classes are in DIRE need of re works, so how about instead of asking to add new abilities and passives into the game, we each list one or more skills/passives or morphs from your favorite class that feels useless to you and why? Hopefully (doubtful but worth a try) ZOS can take a glance and see what skills are universally seen as useless and make minor adjustments as necessary instead of doing a complete overhaul on all skills (NOT WHAT WE WANT).

I'll start...

Dragonknight: FRAGMENTED SHIELD. Damage is pitiful, especially only coming from the caster. Shield size is pitiful. Cost is way too high. Other morph completely overshadows it. Rework plzzzzzz.

shield size scales with magicka. Now you either get a bigger shield + some dmg or small shield (unless you high health) and increased healing
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming