Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you believe is the fate of ESO?

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    ESO has been dying since 2013 and it will continue to die for many more years ...
    shades.gif
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it will continue to follow the WoW way of marketing, constant new unecessary pve content aimed at casuals and more crown store junk at crazy high prices

@fastolfv_ESO

You are thinking of SWTOR that has stopped developing raids. Fortunately Zos seems to know better. They know the real money is in PvE but many of us in PvE still like PvP so they keep that up and add new PvP content. Of course they know they need to continue with raid content to keep the more skilled players interested. Get rid of them and the whole model suffers like SWTOR.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will evolve alongside the gaming industry, experiencing massive overhauls in the future
    ESO is doing fine. There are very questionable balancing changes and ever-decreasing game performance to complain about, but the game itself is going to be fine and *hopefully* will improve in areas it has issues in (mainly PvP). As far as content ESO doing amazing.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    I hope for VR support would be great to play ESO in first person in VR other than that I see is ESO just being around always on verge of being better but continuing technical problems will hold the game back from being a game people are still talking about 10 to 15 years down the road like WOW is.
    Edited by RebornV3x on February 25, 2018 8:25PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will continue to add a litany of content but cease evolution, slogging forward and paving the way for a new Elder Scrolls MMO which embraces future tech (100% seperate from ESO, apart from maybe the developer)
    I think ESO is being held back by consoles and its outdated engine. It would be cheaper just to make a whole new game than update the engine, but I don't think that's going to happen either. ESO is still young and at its peak though, so it's not hopeless.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will continue to add a litany of content but cease evolution, slogging forward and paving the way for a new Elder Scrolls MMO which embraces future tech (100% seperate from ESO, apart from maybe the developer)
    Massive overhauls? HAHAHAHAHA
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soft reboot of the Elder Scrolls series with "TES VI" in 2030, which will be Volume 2, Chapter 1 of the series.
    Features a cash shop and limited multiplayer play.
    Preorder bonus lets you port your ESO collectibles into the game.
    Bethesda twirls diabolical mustache, which is also a preorder bonus.
    signing off
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it will be the same future as any other product. if it continues to make money it will continue. if it makes sufficient money to cover the costs there will be further development. it ain't rocket science.

Shh, don't stop the dreamers from thinking that it's run on good will and happy thoughts! How dare you!

hey, it's not a problem. most of them are asleep and the rest can't read.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.....
    I think the greedy capitalist publishers will keep working the devs to the bone to monetize more and more of the game while also pushing them to put out more and more content and fix the bugs which so small a team cannot do by themselves all while pocketing all extra revenue generated until the game inevitably crashes.

TLDR - Late Capitalism problems but in MMORPG form
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will evolve alongside the gaming industry, experiencing massive overhauls in the future
    ESO has only grown, it has only become better. I believe ESO will continue to do so. Yes it has some issues, but overall ESO is doing great.

However, I agree with what has been said previously. The fate of ESO is tied to all other MMOs. If MMO games just become a thing in the past, ESO may well die. I sure hope not. But, all good things do unfortunately indeed come to an end.

Let's hope ESO stays around for a 10 year anniversary at least. :)
    Edited by VDoom1 on February 25, 2018 9:28PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will adapt as long as it has a market. If it stays at least as popular, there's no reason to kill a cash cow...and tbh, they do an amazing job overall. It will go until it isn't viable.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on February 26, 2018 12:50AM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    It will fizzle out with the rest of gaming as people start to get sick of games being greedy.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will continue.... litany of content.... cease evolution.... no future for Elder Scrolls in the world of MMO
    downton-abbey-lady-violet-gif-season-2-episode-8.gif

:smiley:

giphy.gif
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Pretty sure ESO is the only MMORPG the Elder Scrolls franchise will ever have.
    Yes, 2.0 version of MMO rarely work out well.
    it split the player base, ESO has also gone trough some major changes during its life.
    Think future revamps will be less revolutionary than 1 tamriel :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso will lag out
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    it split the player base, ESO has also gone trough some major changes during its life.

A part 2 could work if its good. See GW2.

A bigger ESO with better graphics could absolutely succeed in the future, if Zenimax wanted to fund it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

A part 2 could work if its good. See GW2.

A bigger ESO with better graphics could absolutely succeed in the future, if Zenimax wanted to fund it.

As it stands today, I can't see why I would buy an ESO 2.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO will continue.... litany of content.... cease evolution.... no future for Elder Scrolls in the world of MMO
    When we achieve full immersion gaming tech, i.e. Sword Art Online style, everything is gonna change.

The VR systems we have now aren't very compelling as they tend to have severe limitations tied to how much open, empty space you have in your play area. They also lack most forms feedback one would require to find it significantly different than playing the game with your eyes three inches from your monitor.

Edit: in regards to the question, I don't think ESO is designed to adapt to these changes in technology. We'd have to have an entirely new game to do so, and I don't believe we'll get another Elder Scrolls MMORPG.
    Edited by Jhalin on February 25, 2018 11:00PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    ESO will be slowly microtransactioned to death, as will the next single player ES game.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    Picked Other as I think ESO is doing fine.

And by fine I mean they are paying enough attention to put enough things in the game to keep the bulk of the playerbase interested and playing. I don't see them moving forward by creating huge new dynamic changes in the game to revolutionize the industry, but I don't see the game as languishing. It's currently one of the Higher populated MMO's, and is still fun to play.

It's got plenty of areas that need improvement (lag, crown store gouging, etc), but It will continue to thrive as it has. It's only languishing in the eyes of the disenchanted group that has a narrow view and only see it from what they want. ESO provides a pretty sizeable amount of content for most types of players, which is why it's still around and not a ghost town like Wildstar.

I actually give it some credit. ESO has made some horrid decisions in the past (VR, Cadwell's silver/gold as an endgame), but even with those, it changed and adjusted and didn't go under. So I see it continuing. No earth shaking impacts on the MMO market, but not languishing in the pits of MMO scorn either. It's doing well, and will continue to do so. I've seen "death of ESO" threads since I started playing on release, and it's still around. It probably still will be long after those death threads fade and die.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will be slowly microtransactioned to death, as will the next single player ES game.

A person could have nightmares about what Bethesda is going to do to TES 6.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The pessimistic part of me agrees too much with this. It's like how I really really want warcraft 4 but idk if I want blizzard to make it.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

The pessimistic part of me agrees too much with this. It's like how I really really want warcraft 4 but idk if I want blizzard to make it.

Remastered Warcraft 3 is coming! 24 player maps... I'm trying it with computers, it bogs down my PC like hell. 10 vs 10 is fine though, I think that's the sweet spot.
  • bethsheba
    bethsheba
    ✭✭✭
    The wording of option 2 especially gives evidence of a jaded op (no offense intended) :D
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This poll is missing the "aaargh, sky is falling" option.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt we will ever seen an ESO2... have we ever seen a WoW2? NO... how many other MMOs have a '2'? ESO will remain ESO until the servers shut down... but I do believe MMOs will continue to evolve and become less 'group' oriented and more solo-centric as most people around the world today are becoming much less social in general.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 26, 2018 12:09AM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    i don't know...i'm not sure how long i'll be playing eso...

i'm in for over a thousand hours already...i've spent the vast majority of my time in cyrodiil - there's still a ton of content i've never explored...

when I am done, i won't care...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 26, 2018 12:20AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    ESO will go on for sometime but there will come a day that they close the curtain. The last call will be made as a new product is released to replace the aging programing and graphics. In every computerized game there is a shelf life where it is easier to scrap it and develop programing.
    Also as a marketing point, the cost analysis will show that reasonable time has earned the expected levels of profit. More profits could be gained by releasing a new product that a loyal audience would be willing to switch to. A change wipes away clean all this micro transactions which they could sell a new to raise more profits on repackaged ideas.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.....
    Shh, don't stop the dreamers from thinking that it's run on good will and happy thoughts! How dare you!

If you clap real hard all will be fine, that's it clap, clap as hard as you can....
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA