The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS Plz Consider Medium Armor Adjust

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Even though steps were taken to shift the heavy armor meta it really hasn’t worked all that well. In terms of stats in heavy vs medium, you’re really not giving up much in heavy just a little crit and some wpn damage but overall heavy is still better in general. It’s definitely closer now than it was a few patches ago, but medium could still use a slight boost to bring it up to speed. IMO there is a pretty easy solution and that is to alter the useless sneak reduction passive. Now before all you sneaky people fly off the handle, there is already a sneak cost reduction in the ledgerdmain and it would make far more sense to add in the reduced radius detection there as well and alter the passive as needed so all the thieves can go on with their lives. Now, some ideas for replacing the Improved Sneak passive in medium armor: dot reduction, aoe mitigation, increased phys pen, increased phy resists etc. I’m sure others can come up with more useful or creative ideas. Heavy and light both have five passives that are fully viable all the time. Sneaking is viable only in niche PvE settings and for NBs but as I’ve mentioned it makes more sense to have the legerdemain passive altered. Medium needs to step up and be the premier damage type armor for stamina builds.

Edit: and no heavy does not need a nerf in case you decide to read into my post too far.
Edited by Vapirko on February 25, 2018 3:12PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need my sneak passives that medium armor gives me in pvp, just because YOU dont like it nor use it does not mean it should be removed.
    please stop trying to take that away.
    Edited by Gilvoth on February 25, 2018 3:19PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need my sneak passives that medium armor gives me in pvp, just because YOU dont like it nor use it does not mean it should be removed.

Holy *** did you even read the post or are you just trolling.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree.

The fix is pretty easy to me. Just take a lesson from Light Armor, which IMO is very balanced atm vs heavy.

What medium armor needs, is more damage. The Crit and 12% Wp Dmg is just not enough. I have not made any calculations, but just buff up Medium, so that it gives the same total damage buff as Light Armor, and everything will be fine.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

yes, i read it before i commented.
    please stop trying to change the medium armor passives.
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    Medium armor passives do need an overhaul. They could start with evasion. Having a random chance to negate damage is neither skillful, fun to play, or fun to play against. Instead of just scrapping this skill, I would rather see it have a 100% chance to dodge for something like 4 seconds, but have an insanely high cast cost, like around 4500-5000 stamina. Keep the morphs more or less the same, with one offering snare\immobilization immunity and one increasing the effects duration by 2-3 seconds. This allows more choice to the player but also allows the enemy to have a chance to counter.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a sneaky Nightblade, and I completely agree. Put the sneak passives (except racials) in the Legardemain tree.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Completely agree.

The fix is pretty easy to me. Just take a lesson from Light Armor, which IMO is very balanced atm vs heavy.

What medium armor needs, is more damage. The Crit and 12% Wp Dmg is just not enough.

oh i absolutely agree we need more damage. but the stealth passives and sneak speeds and stealth class passives are a must have for us stealthers.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS tried to buff medium armor this patch by making dodge roll so much more useful in PVP.

However, Tumbling and Well-Fitted exist and are quite powerful. Heavy Armor users are hardly locked out of dodge rolling Power Lashes, pigeons, etc.

7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think medium is kinda fine, the only thing which needs to be tuned down are Defile builds.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Completely agree.

What medium armor needs, is more damage. The Crit and 12% Wp Dmg is just not enough.

oh i absolutely agree we need more damage. but the stealth passives and sneak speeds and stealth class passives are a must have for us stealthers.

Again do you read? The sneak passives would go into ledgerdmain problem solved.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kessik221 wrote: »
    Medium armor passives do need an overhaul. They could start with evasion. Having a random chance to negate damage is neither skillful, fun to play, or fun to play against. Instead of just scrapping this skill, I would rather see it have a 100% chance to dodge for something like 4 seconds, but have an insanely high cast cost, like around 4500-5000 stamina. Keep the morphs more or less the same, with one offering snare\immobilization immunity and one increasing the effects duration by 2-3 seconds. This allows more choice to the player but also allows the enemy to have a chance to counter.

No because we need shuffle for snare removal
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if you read it then you didn’t comprehend it well. For you stealthers nothing would change. Your passive would simply be under ledgerdmain which you should have anyway if you like sneaking and thieving.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium is great, dodge rolling is so strong. It does not need more damage. It needs better sets associated with the line.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if you read it then you didn’t comprehend it well. For you stealthers nothing would change. Your passive would simply be under ledgerdmain which you should have anyway if you like sneaking and thieving.

you do not like medium armor the way it is.
    i do.
    please leave medium armor alone.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think medium needs natural crit resist or physical resist in the passives. They can tag on those 2 things on existing passives. Better sets that are aren't a joke damage proc set. Only couple of good medium sets out there.
    Edited by Mazbt on February 25, 2018 6:19PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a terrible passive that doesn’t help in actual combat, remove it. Sneaking is a playstyle for players who are not only bad but also cowardly.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. If you buff medium armor, all you’ll be doing is buffing Stam nightblades.. who really don’t need a buff right now.

Medium is not meant to take damage. It’s meant to help you avoid damage by dodging, kiting, and killing your opponents.

If you are trying to mitigate damage in medium then it is a learn to play issue and you should switch to heavy.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about a nice juicy general movespeed buff for those in medium armour?

That would be pretty tasty.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    How about a nice juicy general movespeed buff for those in medium armour?

That would be pretty tasty.

I would be a fan of natural crit resistance
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    No. If you buff medium armor, all you’ll be doing is buffing Stam nightblades.. who really don’t need a buff right now.

Medium is not meant to take damage. It’s meant to help you avoid damage by dodging, kiting, and killing your opponents.

If you are trying to mitigate damage in medium then it is a learn to play issue and you should switch to heavy.

This is now a Stamina nightblade buff thread!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But he said it was *useless* so clearly it can't be useful for anyone ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats a separate issue. Medium armor shouldn't be gimped because of one class.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you do not like medium armor the way it is.
    i do.
    please leave medium armor alone.

Too many people sneaking around in PvP anyway. The entire AD army tries to invisi-siege. Are you AD? Take away stealth passives.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

But he said it was *useless* so clearly it can't be useful for anyone ...
    rolleyes.gif

Sorry, what I meant was, the people who need the sneak passive so badly in PvP are useless and it doesnt matter where they get their sneak passive from they're still gonna get rekt.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 25, 2018 7:41PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its fine tbh. The sneak passive is a bit tragic but since dodges are no longer useless, and heavy has been nerfed as is, (Fury/ravager really the only stronger sets) its fine.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your main Defense is to roll round on the floor like a monkey then something’s wrong, recently I was wearing a costume and I had removed my medium gear to swap it around but forgot I had done so. Scary thing is that I couldn’t tell the diffrence, it was only when I used the medium ability and the game said I couldn’t that I remembered I had left the gear of.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sneak passive is debatable since it favors one class mostly. I think medium armor is actually in a good spot, think people confuse lack of sets with medium needing buffs. Medium needs more sets.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No that's exactly how things become overperfoming, because things get changed which influence and strengthen things which are totally fine.
    Also medium armor is totally fine, the sad thing is that both heavy and medium are pigeon holed into 1 build each.
    On heavy you need FM meaning you need to stack healing.
    With medium you have to get your resistances up to prevent being a one shot which limits you to some sets which need to be in your build.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

No that's exactly how things become overperfoming, because things get changed which influence and strengthen things which are totally fine.
    Also medium armor is totally fine, the sad thing is that both heavy and medium are pigeon holed into 1 build each.
    On heavy you need FM meaning you need to stack healing.
    With medium you have to get your resistances up to prevent being a one shot which limits you to some sets which need to be in your build.

So then it’s not really fine.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think medium is kinda fine, the only thing which needs to be tuned down are Defile builds.

Agree 100%, Blessed and Befoul CP should both be changed to provide other bonuses, and we can go from there
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP