The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I am fracking sick and tired of fake healers/tanks

• Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    And one shot mechanics? Block and dodge roll remove that, along with having the correct stats and gear,
    Edited by Grabber on March 2, 2018 7:21PM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    CgUxusB.png

I'm really tired of fake DPS :D (this is from healer's perspective)
    Yes.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    troomar wrote: »
    CgUxusB.png

I'm really tired of fake DPS :D (this is from healer's perspective)

Sounds like TWO fake DPSes if the non-healer DPS is less thank 5k total!!
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tank or healer come dps brings monster dps i dont care really because 4 good dps players who know mechanics can rip through most content
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the tank or healer come dps brings monster dps i dont care really because 4 good dps players who know mechanics can rip through most content

They often don't, though!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Nor can you guarantee that the other 2 members of your group know the mechanics and have good DPS. I see the most problems when there's a DPS is the group who doesn't know the mechanics and/or isn't built to be self-sufficient.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nor can you guarantee that the other 2 members of your group know the mechanics and have good DPS. I see the most problems when there's a DPS is the group who doesn't know the mechanics and/or isn't built to be self-sufficient.

- If there's a bad DPS in the group, just leave him dead and carry his rear. It effects nothing except the speed of the run.
    - If its a bad healer, slot your own and carry his rear. You have to work harder to stay alive. The tank has to work to keep the DPS out of stupid.
    - lf there's a bad tank, DPS has to work harder to stay a live. The healer has to work harder to keep you alive.

Bad DPS has the least effect on the success of the run. If everyone can keep themselves alive, it will be a successful run whether people are the right roles or not.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Maura_Neysa ...a successful run...

a successful run that takes 45 minutes when it ought to have been 15 is not a "a successful run" to me. i would and have quit out of runs of the first boss because the dps is so low. not worth my time. i would rather pick flowers.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a successful run that takes 45 minutes when it ought to have been 15 is not a "a successful run" to me. i would and have quit out of runs of the first boss because the dps is so low. not worth my time. i would rather pick flowers.

If you would rather have an unsuccessful run, thats up to you. However, you can not change the definition of successful. Personally, picking flowers will not give me any of the only reasons for me to be in 4-man, keys, monster helm, helping Guildies, the challenge of dragging a team through, leveling Undaunted. Don't really care about keys and monster helms either. Already have plenty of those.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- If there's a bad DPS in the group, just leave him dead and carry his rear. It effects nothing except the speed of the run.
    - If its a bad healer, slot your own and carry his rear. You have to work harder to stay alive. The tank has to work to keep the DPS out of stupid.
    - lf there's a bad tank, DPS has to work harder to stay a live. The healer has to work harder to keep you alive.

Bad DPS has the least effect on the success of the run. If everyone can keep themselves alive, it will be a successful run whether people are the right roles or not.

Unless the combined team DPS is 5k or less. You can't heal or tank your way to a clear.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless the combined team DPS is 5k or less. You can't heal or tank your way to a clear.

I can absolutely can tank my way to a clear with my 3k DPS. Been to the pads solo in vAA, Mantakora solo in vSO, done Yokuda Kai solo in vHRC. Only thing that stops me is DPS Checks and team work checks. If not for those 2 things I would not need DPS for anything. Sure it takes a touch longer. Its often worth it so I don't have to listen to the crying from the ADHA soft skin DPS who can't handle a little heat.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you would rather have an unsuccessful run, thats up to you. However, you can not change the definition of successful. Personally, picking flowers will not give me any of the only reasons for me to be in 4-man, keys, monster helm, helping Guildies, the challenge of dragging a team through, leveling Undaunted. Don't really care about keys and monster helms either. Already have plenty of those.

I just told you that your definition of a "successful run" is a failure to me. Also I have been playing since Feb 2015. I have seen the game without a cp cap and have been at the cap every time they have raised it. I have every set I want in the traits I want. So if you have to sit through crap runs to get what you need, you have my sympathies and if you actually enjoy them, more power to you.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 4, 2018 10:56AM
  • TirantLoBlanch
    TirantLoBlanch
    ✭✭✭
    Now talking very seriously, the issue with the faketankism and the faith healers is taking EPIC proportions.

Yesterday i was unable to complete the pledges until 3 AM.

I was launched for 5, yes 5 times in a row in teams stucked in different bosses , had to help and sometimes explain patiently dynamics aftes some wipes, and... Not having the Plegde done as reward.

5 times

You can blame ZOS all you want.

But you can´t hide the fact that someone faking his role IS ABUSING FROM THE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE TEAM.

PERIOD.

I dont mnd how clever you think you are, and don´t want to hear how easy si suposed to be normal compared to vet, or trial compared to pledges...
    I don´t care about all this bragging *I´m able to complete two trials and three maelstroms at the sme time using five computers , hands feets, and nose...*Congratulations. Make a youtube channel, but don´t justify bad behaviour from others..

IF YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR ROLE, MAYBE YOU CNA BLAME ZENIMAX, BUT THE OTHER PLAYERS DESERVE a simple CHOICE : ACCEPT YOU OR KICK YOU FORM THE BEGINING.

¿Are you tired to wait? Oh, i´m sorry. Create a REAL tank ora REAL healer.
    ¿Are you tricking a little bit?
    Dont be a moron an let me know it from the begining, and adjust my setup. Maybe I can avoid frustration , spare time and feel much better simply using one more shield, or a self cure...

I acepted a lot of times Fake tanks or fake healers, because i´m a nice guy and I´m always wanting to help others.

But I have lost all the impulse to encourafe the liars, and the people making worse the general game experience because they are selfish, impatient, and self indulgent...

Sorry if someone feels guilty, but today i have not the mood to not be open and direct----
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I am doing 60% DPS(well, 58.2% to be exact according to combat metrics), but we still manage to wipe after getting the boss to about 50% this time. So what is this group's solution? They kick me...not exactly sure why :'(

Have you not read The Art and Science of Being Successful in ESO? "Rule #3: If you feel you are about to get blamed, blame someone else first." :D

In the US that's what you do as president.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just told you that your definition of a "successful run" is a failure to me. Also I have been playing since Feb 2015. I have seen the game without a cp cap and have been at the cap every time they have raised it. I have every set I want in the traits I want. So if you have to sit through crap runs to get what you need, you have my sympathies and if you actually enjoy them, more power to you.

People are the hardest content in this game. Whether you're fighting against them or fighting with them on your back. Either way its the only thing providing challenge to anything less than vet Trials, and certainly makes things interesting.

Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others