The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I am fracking sick and tired of fake healers/tanks

• Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a tank, but sometimes I like to play dps. I often fake tank now because I've done my pug duty. Thousands of pug dungeons later I know all the mechanics by heart and as long as it isn't a dlc HM dungeon it's fine. I usually slot inner fire and will Solo the dungeon if you die. It's a *** move sometimes but hey I deserve my undaunted leveling too especially after carrying hundreds and hundreds of people through these dungeons on my tank.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I don't give a damn if you'd been in queue for two hours because you're a dps, if you sign up as a healer or tank you'd better be able to do the damn job. Zos needs to crack down on this crap.

can't be bothered to post the whole thing again, but needs a tutorial/qualifier for dungeons (normal and vet levels).

Player must complete the qualifier for the role BEFORE they can queue as that role.. could be as simple as a test dummy, and required to sustain DPS/HEAL/ or TANK (must maintain taunt/survive dmg).
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AddictionX wrote: »
    I am tired of bad dps... and those with single target bow abilities light attacking and moving everywhere dodging heals and dying some where off in the distance.

oh this, so much this...

what I can't quite figure out is why they bother? are they really that inept?

I like it when I see level 35's etc... at least I know they will make an effort.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navras wrote: »
    I've played WoW for quite a lot of time, during last years I've pugged raid and dungeons a lot using a site called OpenRaid.

What made it working (and enjoyable) was the possibility of sending feedback and rating on players you were grouping with. Just because of that everyone (or almost everyone at least...) tried to give out their best, in proper role and so on.

A voting\rating system for Grouping Tool would be an absolutely great add for the community and for everyone wants to have a more enjoyable pugging experience.

As much as it could be abused, a "player rating" system would be nice.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicking fake tanks, healers and low cp players so that they get a 15min ban is the only way for them to learn "maybe it is less time consuming queuing as a dps when I am a dps" or "maybe I shouldn't queue for vet dungeons until I am 160" especially the 87 cps who manage to get in bloodroot.

The irony of my latter complaint is that zos stopped the queuing for most dungeons below level 45, even if we are running a 690 alt, but I still see low cp players in all vet dungeons, and even the harder DLC dungeons.

I take issue with the kicking low CP players because as soon as you hit CP 1 the default for random dungeons is Veteran. I cannot tell you how many times I have joined a group and the leader queues us only to NOT realize that they defaulted to veteran level dungeons.

I understand how frustrating it must be to end up in a difficult dungeon with a very low CP player, however, there is a difference between queuing as a DPS when you're a new CP player and getting put, by ZOS mechanics, into a dungeon you cannot handle and specifically queuing as a tank or healer when you clearly are not one.

Please, please, PLEASE do not think that the CP 45 DPS who ended up in VET Bloodrot specifically queued to get there.

Also, there's a lot of conversation about just bad DPS or bad healing or bad tanking. Think about what's been said: Normal dungeons (for the most part) do not require roles. So if you have a newer player who isn't in a guild, but who zooms through content, they can go from 10-50 pretty fast, and if ALL they know are normal dungeons and their utter lack of need for roles, why is ANYONE surprised that when we get to VET level people are still behaving as they did for normals.

As a new CP healer, I tell EVERYONE in every group I'm in: I'm new to this; new to this dungeon, new to this role. Please explain fights or let me know if there's things I need to do. Most of the time, no one says anything in response at all and they steamroll through.

Why would I NOT believe the entire game is like that when I have a CP 720 behaving like that in a normal dungeon.

It's on us a bit, guys. If we want good tanks, good healers and good dps, you need to pause your breakneck run through whatever, and take a moment to teach. :) We all do.

I'm finding recently that low/no CPs are outperforming some of the highest CPs in DPS roles... no idea why, but it's really a thing.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    If it's normal mode, you have no reason to be whining about it.

If it's vet, just leave and move on.

Who runs normal modes these days?

<---
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Navras wrote: »
    I've played WoW for quite a lot of time, during last years I've pugged raid and dungeons a lot using a site called OpenRaid.

What made it working (and enjoyable) was the possibility of sending feedback and rating on players you were grouping with. Just because of that everyone (or almost everyone at least...) tried to give out their best, in proper role and so on.

A voting\rating system for Grouping Tool would be an absolutely great add for the community and for everyone wants to have a more enjoyable pugging experience.

Oh what a genius idea! Guess what will happen, everyone will downvote each other for stupid reasons or premades will simply upvote each other. You don't wan't to give me your loot? Guess I will have to give you a bad rating.

Yeah... fun story:

I remember running the quest in the Old Orsinium public dungeon a couple years ago. Apparently, in doing so, I got crosswise of some little snot who was trying to farm... though, I'm honestly not clear on exactly what they were farming. They were trying to stack and burn and mostly just getting mauled. But, apparently my existence was offensive enough for this guy to stop what he was doing and throw a tantrum in PMs for the next 10 minutes, while I advanced the quest and wandered off in search of the skyshard.

If we could find a way that he could besmirch my reputation where others could see it without any kind of accountability, that'd be great.

Another fun story:

I was in Vvardenfell about a two weeks ago, and I see this guy asking in zone, looking for a guild that would grant him access to their bank immediately on joining. Yeah, no, seriously, just, straight up in chat, "looking for a guild with lots of storage." I made some snide comment about bank thieves, someone else in zone made a similar comment. This prospective bank thief spends the next few minutes of their life going off on me, again in PMs, demanding to know who told me they were a bank thief, and far less entertaining things that don't bare repeating.

So... yeah, if we can give that guy a microphone to scream into in order to besmirch me, and anyone else who realizes he might not be on the level, that'd be great.

Bonus points if this system allows people to create fake accounts for real @names, and then spread more inaccurate information all around.

I understand the appeal of a situation like this. I've actually seen systems like this abused in other games. There was a "bank protection network," in another MMO I used to play, where a couple of members started using the system to blacklist people they had grudges against. You'd go, check the account name vs. the list of known thieves and, "oops, look at that."
    Edited by starkerealm on February 21, 2018 8:29PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't give a damn if you'd been in queue for two hours because you're a dps, if you sign up as a healer or tank you'd better be able to do the damn job. Zos needs to crack down on this crap.

It's a problem, to be sure.

Kick them from the group. Players who lie about their role for faster queue times are selfish and deserve the boot.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicking fake tanks, healers and low cp players so that they get a 15min ban is the only way for them to learn "maybe it is less time consuming queuing as a dps when I am a dps" or "maybe I shouldn't queue for vet dungeons until I am 160" especially the 87 cps who manage to get in bloodroot.

The irony of my latter complaint is that zos stopped the queuing for most dungeons below level 45, even if we are running a 690 alt, but I still see low cp players in all vet dungeons, and even the harder DLC dungeons.

I take issue with the kicking low CP players because as soon as you hit CP 1 the default for random dungeons is Veteran. I cannot tell you how many times I have joined a group and the leader queues us only to NOT realize that they defaulted to veteran level dungeons.

I understand how frustrating it must be to end up in a difficult dungeon with a very low CP player, however, there is a difference between queuing as a DPS when you're a new CP player and getting put, by ZOS mechanics, into a dungeon you cannot handle and specifically queuing as a tank or healer when you clearly are not one.

Please, please, PLEASE do not think that the CP 45 DPS who ended up in VET Bloodrot specifically queued to get there.

Also, there's a lot of conversation about just bad DPS or bad healing or bad tanking. Think about what's been said: Normal dungeons (for the most part) do not require roles. So if you have a newer player who isn't in a guild, but who zooms through content, they can go from 10-50 pretty fast, and if ALL they know are normal dungeons and their utter lack of need for roles, why is ANYONE surprised that when we get to VET level people are still behaving as they did for normals.

As a new CP healer, I tell EVERYONE in every group I'm in: I'm new to this; new to this dungeon, new to this role. Please explain fights or let me know if there's things I need to do. Most of the time, no one says anything in response at all and they steamroll through.

Why would I NOT believe the entire game is like that when I have a CP 720 behaving like that in a normal dungeon.

It's on us a bit, guys. If we want good tanks, good healers and good dps, you need to pause your breakneck run through whatever, and take a moment to teach. :) We all do.

I'm finding recently that low/no CPs are outperforming some of the highest CPs in DPS roles... no idea why, but it's really a thing.

Because with grinding, its entirely possible to have high CP and no clue how to perform your role in a dungeon.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grinding skyreach is so boring. That's why I run random normals.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Scaling to CP 160. The scaling overcompensates low level players.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

It's a problem, to be sure.

Kick them from the group. Players who lie about their role for faster queue times are selfish and deserve the boot.

If you get kicked you can now requeue instantly, right? No 15 min wait?
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    Hmmm here is a thought.

How about those who have "never completed" the dungeon are grouped separately from those who have completed it before.

Provided that the Tank or Healer "can opt in" to a first time group IF and only if they desire too.

Problem here is that carries are a thing. Also the old loop of, "you must prove you have done the thing before you can do it," which would lock most people out of it, regardless of their skill.

That's why I added in the "opt in" function specificly for friendly carries.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    The bigger issue is fake DPS. At least you can spot a fake healer or tank.

Poor DPS is a bigger issue. Light attack bow champions.

Did HM Vet Mazza with 4 DPS last month one slotted a frost staff to taunt. And one Sorc swapped his Scamp for Twilight and we got it done.

Good DPS males everything easier for all.

A good tank makes it so you can drag a bad everyone else through almost everything.
    A good healer makes it so you can drag a bad everyone else through most content.
    A single good DPS makes it so you can drag a bad everyone else through everything you can solo... Thats all. DPS is the least important role.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did HM Vet Mazza with 4 DPS last month one slotted a frost staff to taunt. And one Sorc swapped his Scamp for Twilight and we got it done.

A good tank makes it so you can drag a bad everyone else through almost everything.
    A good healer makes it so you can drag a bad everyone else through most content.
    A single good DPS makes it so you can drag a bad everyone else through everything you can solo... Thats all. DPS is the least important role.

Unfortunately dps is in a weird spot. You're correct in that, in your example, it's the least important role - but dps is also the most important role for much of this game's content because with enough dps you can completely ignore most boss mechanics.

There's no middleground though, your dps is either crap and it's up to the healer/tank to drag the rest of the team, or your dps is great and carries the rest of the team. Middling dps levels dont do either and are where a lot of the damage dealers in this game lie, IMO - which is why you still need a capable healer and tank.

In group finder queues, your average damage dealer is not pulling anywhere past about 20-25k. Most are probably closer to the 15-20k range, maybe lower if they dont know as much about rotations or gear or animation cancelling. Similarly, your average tank is not going to be kitted out with maxxed resistances and lowest possible block cost and the best group support gear, they're going to probably meet minimum health requirements (30k) and have a taunt, that's about the most you can expect. Your average healer is probably going to be in mixed dps gear, probably wont have group support sets like spellpower cure, and wont excel at either healing or damage.

So because of those averages, the groups that group finder puts together really do need proper roles to be filled out. They need a tank with a taunt and decent resistance/health, they need a healer who can actually keep the team alive, and if either one of these roles is lacking (i.e. "fake", because some idiot dps thought he could get his pledges done quicker by lying to the group finder), it hurts the group as a whole. It doesnt matter if you have one exceptional player out of the four, it will be harder on everyone if someone isnt doing their job.

The fact is this game was built around a trinity system, albeit a somewhat loose one, and when that system gets bypassed by people looking for quick queues it makes life harder on everyone involved. That's greedy and selfish gameplay and should not be condoned by zenimax or anyone else in the playerbase.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In group finder queues, your average damage dealer is not pulling anywhere past about 20-25k. Most are probably closer to the 15-20k range, maybe lower if they dont know as much about rotations or gear or animation cancelling.

No way! Or you're incredibly lucky! I seem to get DPS who do 5-12k on average.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

People can solo dungeons. Soloing it requires decent DPS. So in this case, DPS carries everyone through all content.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

People can solo dungeons. Soloing it requires decent DPS. So in this case, DPS carries everyone through all content.

I can solo just about everything with my 3k DPS. Your argument does not compute.

I do need to bump it up to about 7k to tank VMA though. Really just because of the Ice Rink though.
    Soloing the last million health on Yokeda Kai was a hoot though. Only get about 10 seconds a split to actually drop my 2 DoTs on him. Rest of the time is healing and interrupting
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on February 23, 2018 9:53AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Uh. I've soloed easy normals with not great DPS. 13K DPS was my highest boss fight, but with all the stuns and slows on the final boss fight I was hitting 5-7K DPS for the whole fight. That was with a bad rotation, sure, but that's my point. It doesn't actually take decent DPS (but magsorc shields help :) )
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pugged Elden Hollow II last night with my tank.(Just for the record I detest Elden Hollow, both versions, least favorite dungeon in the game, bad loot, too easy, terrible entrance you snagged up on all the time, you name it it has it). The group DPS was low...really low, took us about 8 minutes to kill each boss(as pure tank I was doing 12-15% of the damage...never a good sign)...2nd to last boss I decide to swap gear to DPS gear and pull roughly 16k DPS through the fight for a really depressing 60% group damage(I am not truly trying to DPS here, just trying to add some much needed DPS). At last boss I swap back to tanking gear...complete mess, we wipe before getting the boss below 75%. Mind you, this isnt even HM, its just regular vet. So I swap back to DPS gear and do my pathetic 16k DPS(tank doesn't do much on this fight since the boss hits like a wet noodle, its the fire and the mind-controlling shades that kill people). Again I am doing 60% DPS(well, 58.2% to be exact according to combat metrics), but we still manage to wipe after getting the boss to about 50% this time. So what is this group's solution? They kick me...not exactly sure why :'( . Anyway, the point of this story is that fake DPS are a huge problem even in extremely easy content like Elden Hollow. I can only assume they kicked me to get some real DPS in there...I was already hopelessly swapping back to tanking role when they did it. It amused me more than anything else. The run right before that was vVoM...and while the DPS wasnt as bad, it was still bad enough that I felt the need to swap to DPS gear for every boss but the shade and the last boss(and of course all the trash) and managed 48% of the DPS. If I had known I was going to have that particular problem I would have brought my purpose-built Tank-DPS toon...at least he can pull 20k DPS while tanking.

To counter the OPs point though: Most dungeons in this game can be done without a tank at all(as a tank I am well aware of this, which is why I keep that DPS gear on my tank as an alt set, so I don't drag down a group where I am not needed in a tank role). So the fake-tank problem is really only a real issue in vet DLC dungeons and a select few other dungeons to begin with. That being said, regardless of role, if you queue for it, make sure you are capable of performing it to at least a minimum standard.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I pugged Elden Hollow II last night with my tank.(Just for the record I detest Elden Hollow, both versions, least favorite dungeon in the game, bad loot, too easy, terrible entrance you snagged up on all the time, you name it it has it). The group DPS was low...really low, took us about 8 minutes to kill each boss(as pure tank I was doing 12-15% of the damage...never a good sign)...2nd to last boss I decide to swap gear to DPS gear and pull roughly 16k DPS through the fight for a really depressing 60% group damage(I am not truly trying to DPS here, just trying to add some much needed DPS). At last boss I swap back to tanking gear...complete mess, we wipe before getting the boss below 75%. Mind you, this isnt even HM, its just regular vet. So I swap back to DPS gear and do my pathetic 16k DPS(tank doesn't do much on this fight since the boss hits like a wet noodle, its the fire and the mind-controlling shades that kill people). Again I am doing 60% DPS(well, 58.2% to be exact according to combat metrics), but we still manage to wipe after getting the boss to about 50% this time. So what is this group's solution? They kick me...not exactly sure why :'( . Anyway, the point of this story is that fake DPS are a huge problem even in extremely easy content like Elden Hollow. I can only assume they kicked me to get some real DPS in there...I was already hopelessly swapping back to tanking role when they did it. It amused me more than anything else. The run right before that was vVoM...and while the DPS wasnt as bad, it was still bad enough that I felt the need to swap to DPS gear for every boss but the shade and the last boss(and of course all the trash) and managed 48% of the DPS. If I had known I was going to have that particular problem I would have brought my purpose-built Tank-DPS toon...at least he can pull 20k DPS while tanking.

To counter the OPs point though: Most dungeons in this game can be done without a tank at all(as a tank I am well aware of this, which is why I keep that DPS gear on my tank as an alt set, so I don't drag down a group where I am not needed in a tank role). So the fake-tank problem is really only a real issue in vet DLC dungeons and a select few other dungeons to begin with. That being said, regardless of role, if you queue for it, make sure you are capable of performing it to at least a minimum standard.

How did you, the tank get wiped in EH2? sure it would take a while, put like you said he doesn't hit hard, or often enough to ever worry about running out of stamina to break free of the fear.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    under no circumstances should a fake tank or fake healer queue, if its anything harder than a normal dungeon, unless you can actually tank or heal that dungeon on vet, for example i had a warden stam build, that was a brawler dps build, with sword and shield, and i generally just used him for pvp, but because of huge stam regen (3k), the fact i was using sword/shield and because it was brawler based, i was able to tank some vet dungeons just by dodge rolling most things, if you can do that without the expense of your team, and get through it without too much trouble, i see no issue with it,

the build was also able to heal on the back bar with bow, because of the warden's stam heal, lotus heavy attack, and the vine ability, worked well but i didnt want to try to tank or heal on that build for HM, because it wasnt a true healer or tank, it could just do that stuff at times, if i played it right
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sick of terrible damage dealers. Soo many terrible players making dungeons last infinitely longer bcz they are incapable of fulfilling their role as a damage dealer.

Best part is they always try to blame the healer or tank. Like its their fault that a boss fight lasted 40 plus minutes.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wished ZOS would just do a plausibility check when people queue:

No healing skills slotted - no queueing for healer
    No taunt slotted - no queueing for tank

This will still give semi-fake tanks and healers a bit of a ledge to lean on, but at least it will eliminate the 100% jerks.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Im sick of terrible damage dealers. Soo many terrible players making dungeons last infinitely longer bcz they are incapable of fulfilling their role as a damage dealer.

Best part is they always try to blame the healer or tank. Like its their fault that a boss fight lasted 40 plus minutes.

Roll a DPS then so you know group damage will at least be ok. :wink:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend pugging with your own tank or healer. At least you know one of the roles is taken care of.

If the DPS stinks, just leave.

it is exactly what I do.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I am doing 60% DPS(well, 58.2% to be exact according to combat metrics), but we still manage to wipe after getting the boss to about 50% this time. So what is this group's solution? They kick me...not exactly sure why :'(

Have you not read The Art and Science of Being Successful in ESO? "Rule #3: If you feel you are about to get blamed, blame someone else first." :D
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wished ZOS would just do a plausibility check when people queue:

No healing skills slotted - no queueing for healer
    No taunt slotted - no queueing for tank

This will still give semi-fake tanks and healers a bit of a ledge to lean on, but at least it will eliminate the 100% jerks.

And every Stam DPS with vigor, passes your healing check. And Pierce Armor with 10k resistence doesn't really do much either.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 1, 2018 7:32AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    If you have cp toons running a normal dungeon the fastest and easiest way to complete them is 3dps 1 healer or if you all run vigor then 4 dps
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabber wrote: »
    If you have cp toons running a normal dungeon the fastest and easiest way to complete them is 3dps 1 healer or if you all run vigor then 4 dps

3 dps and a heal-tank imo. Some dungeons have mechanics that really require a taunt and are easier and quicker if you aren't all kiting around like crazy.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank