The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Class/ New Weapon

• Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New class LAG
    And new weapon PERFORMACE
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not overly interested in a new class, but as far as skill lines go:

Skill lines for the schools of magic similiar to weapon skills
    Single blade and rune (basically a spellsword skill line)
    Polearm/spear
    Crossbow
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Ackwalan
      Ackwalan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The Spartan Shield and spear would be cool.
    • kongkim
      kongkim
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would most like to see a guild order skill like that works around making hybrids work.

But if I have to choose a class, An archer class that let you go duel bow build.

And even better. A new DLC that work around Vampire and Werewolf clans, quests and skill lines.
    • WakeYourGhost
      WakeYourGhost
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm greedy, so I'll pick three of each - ...Well, more like I'm too in love with these ideas to pick just one.

New Classes -
      Spellsword/Battlemage : Referenced through out Elder Scrolls Lord, a proper Battlemage could bring up some interesting concept. Give them a "Conjuration" skill line, a "Destruction" skill line, and an "Alteration" skill line. Summon pets (Like a Flame Atronach, please ;.; ) and maybe a "Bound Weapon" ult [Function like Storm Calling ult] with ranged and melee morphs; AOE and Single target DPS skills with a focus on Magic damage instead of specific elements and morphs to poison damage for Stam; Buff/Debuff and utility spells...
      Add in some passives that allow Melee weapons to restore Magicka with heavy attacks, give them some passives or skills that benefit from heavy armor, and give them some skills that are effected by their choice of weapon (Melee vs Ranged) just for fun.

Monk : Also from previous Elder Scrolls games, the key features here would be to allow Every Skill to choose between Stamina or Magicka Morphs. Make them have slightly different unarmed attack animations, throw in some kicks, and have their Damage affected by their Gauntlet weight if you don't give them a unique weapon. Light can make them restore Magicka and do Magic damage on basic punches, medium does the same for Stam and does Poison or Disease, and Heavy restores either (or both in smaller amounts?), but does pure Physical Damage or something. Give them some Stealth-based features, high mobility, and maybe an ability that makes them "reflect" a melee attack.

Witchhunter : Hey, another one straight outta some Elder Scrolls games. Anti-Magic powers, maybe the use of "necromancy" to fight fire with fire [Summon ancestral spirits and guardian undead to fight those who would defile death and life alike], abilities that debuff a target to buff yourself, maybe some fear and other CC effects focused. Really, it would just be a neat idea.

New Weapons -
      Polearm : Spear, Halberd, and Glaive - Have it work like Two-Handed and One Handed with some passives - Spear gives Resistance Ignore, Halberd gives Bleed Chance, Spear gives extra Damage percent. Lots of long-ranged thrusts and attacks, maybe some neat impaling knockback thrust, and an Ult where you either do a leaping Spear Drop on an area or throw a spear in to a rain of spears on the target area.

New Magicka Staff (Alteration Staff or Conjuration Staff) : Alteration Staff could have a Buff/Debuff focus with a possible benefit to Tanking Wide area snares and paraylsis, block with Magicka, Free yourself from snares and fix debuffs, Taunt. Gives less "Aggressive" options than the Ice Staff, but it would give new Tank options. A Conjuration Staff could summon forth the Energies of Oblivion to do damage, summon short-lived minor allies like a Dremora Archer, buff yourself or others with Oblivion power, and have an Ult that can let you have a Flame Atronach pet? Seriously, I can't stress enough my love of the Flame Atronach and my desire to just wander around with one. I would sacrifice two ult slots for one that follows me around. One Morph can let it explode on Death, the other can let it Drop on a target area suddenly and have it start with AOE attacks for a few seconds. It's main Activate Ult effect can be something like focusing it's damage on a target you're aiming at and getting a small boost to damage.

Fist-Weapon : Knuckle Dusters, Punch Daggers, whatever they happen to be - A martial-arts styled weapon set up would be neat. If no monk, this could still let people play that style without needing an entire class focused on face-punching. Add in two different styles that let you focus on Magicka or Stamina builds, give each ability a Morph for each Resource.

...Yay, Fanlust, the best place for anyone's Speechcraft to drop to 1. Pretty sure I could have thought this out more clearly, but it's just passing thoughts.
    • Chaos2088
      Chaos2088
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Classes:
      • Necromancer: Summoner line (DPS/zombies/ghosts) Life steal/reanimate line: Healing/DPS/buffs. Bone type line: stuff for tanks/support. Has been highly requested by player base and we have them in the game already in the main story NPC's to random NPC's in game.
      • Battlemage: Agree with what has been said above in @Lynx7386 post no more need to type anything here.
      • Beserker: Could be a tank/support main class, and deal out brutal/hard attacks as well in a skill line, like a rush in/bash attack. Rage buffs would fit nicely in with this. I do see some NPC's with this title wandering about, think it would be a cool addition, might resonate with people who like more mele attacks.
      • Bard/Mistral: Another class that has a few mentions on the forums. Can see alot of potential in this one. Heal/support main, with a few debuffs would be cool, and cool for pvp. Also can see some sort of banshee type magical attacks with this as well, would be cool to blast/knock back people. Like a sort of dragon shout (but not a dragon shout) lol
      • Techomage/Scientist: All things dwemer with this one. It would be epic if a class of wizards mastered the arts of dwemer magic (or something steampunk)with constructs, some lighting dps. Clockwork City shows that this fits into the world.
      • Monk Would be a fitting class for when we get an expansion to Akavir. By going on the two motifs we have in game from the continent it is based more on oriental style/culture. A Monk class would be ace, more a stam class with up close and personal play-style.

Weapons:
      • Spear, Cross-bow, Pole arm, Scythe, Whip (spiked one would be ace), Sling (maybe)
      • Poison Destro staff, Oblivion Destro staff, one hand and rune.
      Edited by Chaos2088 on February 21, 2018 8:33PM
      @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    • Kolzki
      Kolzki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lute weapon. Synergies with drum and flute weapons if they play the same song in time. Hard CC dance skills. Fires red diamond rays.
    • Muttsmutt
      Muttsmutt
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      gadgets

this is
      THE FIRST ERA

we don't even have calipers
      come on.
      PC-EU // UNDEAD
    • shakti82eb17_ESO
      Bring us proper DB and TG skill lines.
    • Sevalaricgirl
      Sevalaricgirl
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No new classes, a new race yes. Crossbows, I am all for crossbows.
    • Enslaved
      Enslaved
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      New class - bard
      New weapon - spear
    • Twenty0zTsunami
      Twenty0zTsunami
      ✭✭✭✭
      crossbows, spears/polearms, scepters (for a 1handed magic replenishment)
    • knaveofengland
      knaveofengland
      ✭✭✭
      whip 1st , 2nd choice spear . as for class multi like in baldurs gate , 1 class fighter mage thief , figher mage cleric .

there are i think about 12 classes they could have based on other mmos , the game is like baldurs gate in some ways , if they add more classes then more work for them , be nice if they went more in the way of baldurs gate .
    • Ilithyania
      Ilithyania
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      red lightsabers.

If Bethesda get the liscense from Disney it could happen. Might break some lore. ;)
      PC
    • CardboardedBox
      CardboardedBox
      ✭✭✭✭
      Spears/halberds, crossbows, and the blue flame necromancer staves I like to call "soul fire".
    • CardboardedBox
      CardboardedBox
      ✭✭✭✭
      Mozsta69 wrote: »
      Good question!

I would love to see either a Bard to lift our spirits and a necromancer you can summon undead instead of daedra.
      Weapon wise i know its crazy , but spear like weapons. The Halberd or Trident would be awesome.

As weird as it might sound having a bard in battle, they could make a great support class. The only support we really have are healers. Bards could be focused on not only healing, but damage shields, synergies, magika stamina and recovery buffs to friendlies, ect ect. As you said, "lift their spirits". You could also immobilize enemies with a really good song, and fear them away with a really bad one.

Oh! And damage over time curse chants.

Oh yeah, and maybe something like this ;) musical mind control to force enemies to hurt themselves

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1zdeqBp2Njc
      Edited by CardboardedBox on February 21, 2018 1:21PM
    • DoctorESO
      DoctorESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Bring us proper DB and TG skill lines.

Meaning....?
    • nihirisutou
      nihirisutou
      ✭✭✭
      Unarmed would be cool and have it be both Mag and Stam. Like physical magickal damage like NB and disease/poison Stam. I mean I can already hit people, but for no damage, why not add that into the game.
      [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
    • shinikaze
      shinikaze
      ✭✭✭
      I would highly preffer skill lines than new classes. I want a poisonous skill line with tons of dot, I love Dots!
    • Hatoreehanzo
      Hatoreehanzo
      ✭✭✭
      For class, I'd like to see a Monk. Have the option to go without weapons using the ol fisticuffs and have martial arts type skills. Three skill lines like...

- Senche/Tiger (some skills require no weapons equipped and would be mainly DPS. Maybe with a cool rapid fist or kick ult)
      - Meditative/Phoenix (support line, buffs, heals)
      - Dragon (broad skills ranging from DPS, buffs and self heals)

As for weapons...

- Polearm/Glaive Skill Line (stam melee)
      - Orbs Skill Line (magic ranged)
      - Throwing (knives, axes, etc stam ranged)

PS4 NA
      PSN: hatoreehanzo
      Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
    • AhPook_Is_Here
      AhPook_Is_Here
      ✭✭✭✭✭

if it was your choice to put a new class AND a new weapon in the game, what would they be?

for me i would want like a rogue trickster/summoner...mostly ranged...using a lot of gadgets, etc...and can permasummon 2 other fighters...one ranged, one melee

another cool one would be a dark mage ninja...the idea is a teleporting mage that has several melee teleport attacks, and can also blast dark energy, but only within about 10M...so he would be a mid-range fighter

for my new weapon, i'd want (dont know what they're called) that weapon that is almost like a spear, except that it has blades on both ends...i can see a lot of cool flips and twirls with it

what about u guys?

Dark mage pirate ninja sounds pretty cool, esp if you had a flying shark pet that had a laser attack. I kinda think a monk would be cool, and a spear. I would name my monk E.
      “Whatever.”
      -Unknown American
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stamina needs a good AOE.
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • Ch4mpTW
        Ch4mpTW
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I would introduce a Lich class, and wand and orb for weapon and off-hand.
      • Anhedonie
        Anhedonie
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        As for weapon, I'd like to see flails in this game.
        I'll pass on a new class. Don't want any more broken ***.
        Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
      • ZOS_Holden
        ZOS_Holden
        Community Rep
        Hi there!

Thank you all so much for sharing! It looks like a battlemage class, crossbows, and pole arms/spears are popular choices, and we have to agree these ideas do sound like a lot of fun. Obviously, we can't guarantee they will be used, but we really appreciate that you all took the time to share such well-thought-out ideas and we hope you will continue to share them in the future.
        Staff Post
      • Turbotailz
        Turbotailz
        ✭✭
        ZOS_Holden wrote: »
        Hi there!

Thank you all so much for sharing! It looks like a battlemage class, crossbows, and pole arms/spears are popular choices, and we have to agree these ideas do sound like a lot of fun. Obviously, we can't guarantee they will be used, but we really appreciate that you all took the time to share such well-thought-out ideas and we hope you will continue to share them in the future.

oh my :open_mouth:
        Friend: This one has a cool joke to tell. Want to hear?
        Me: Sure okay.
        Friend: What can a frozen band-aid be applied on?
        Me: This one don't know. Tell me.
        Friend: A cold cut. Get it?? hehehe
        Me:.... *activates Grim Focus!*
        Friend: No wait! it's a joke! please!
      • QuebraRegra
        QuebraRegra
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        BOUND magicka based versions of weapons (ie. dagger, sword, sheild, 2H, etc.). Maybe make it it's own skill that summons BOUND weapons (with their own subset of skills... activates 3rd bar), to replace a staff, etc.?

Class? I think NECRO is past due. New race, GOBLIN/REIKLING
      • QuebraRegra
        QuebraRegra
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I'm greedy, so I'll pick three of each - ...Well, more like I'm too in love with these ideas to pick just one.

New Classes -
        Spellsword/Battlemage : Referenced through out Elder Scrolls Lord, a proper Battlemage could bring up some interesting concept. Give them a "Conjuration" skill line, a "Destruction" skill line, and an "Alteration" skill line. Summon pets (Like a Flame Atronach, please ;.; ) and maybe a "Bound Weapon" ult [Function like Storm Calling ult] with ranged and melee morphs; AOE and Single target DPS skills with a focus on Magic damage instead of specific elements and morphs to poison damage for Stam; Buff/Debuff and utility spells...
        Add in some passives that allow Melee weapons to restore Magicka with heavy attacks, give them some passives or skills that benefit from heavy armor, and give them some skills that are effected by their choice of weapon (Melee vs Ranged) just for fun.

Monk : Also from previous Elder Scrolls games, the key features here would be to allow Every Skill to choose between Stamina or Magicka Morphs. Make them have slightly different unarmed attack animations, throw in some kicks, and have their Damage affected by their Gauntlet weight if you don't give them a unique weapon. Light can make them restore Magicka and do Magic damage on basic punches, medium does the same for Stam and does Poison or Disease, and Heavy restores either (or both in smaller amounts?), but does pure Physical Damage or something. Give them some Stealth-based features, high mobility, and maybe an ability that makes them "reflect" a melee attack.

Witchhunter : Hey, another one straight outta some Elder Scrolls games. Anti-Magic powers, maybe the use of "necromancy" to fight fire with fire [Summon ancestral spirits and guardian undead to fight those who would defile death and life alike], abilities that debuff a target to buff yourself, maybe some fear and other CC effects focused. Really, it would just be a neat idea.

New Weapons -
        Polearm : Spear, Halberd, and Glaive - Have it work like Two-Handed and One Handed with some passives - Spear gives Resistance Ignore, Halberd gives Bleed Chance, Spear gives extra Damage percent. Lots of long-ranged thrusts and attacks, maybe some neat impaling knockback thrust, and an Ult where you either do a leaping Spear Drop on an area or throw a spear in to a rain of spears on the target area.

New Magicka Staff (Alteration Staff or Conjuration Staff) : Alteration Staff could have a Buff/Debuff focus with a possible benefit to Tanking Wide area snares and paraylsis, block with Magicka, Free yourself from snares and fix debuffs, Taunt. Gives less "Aggressive" options than the Ice Staff, but it would give new Tank options. A Conjuration Staff could summon forth the Energies of Oblivion to do damage, summon short-lived minor allies like a Dremora Archer, buff yourself or others with Oblivion power, and have an Ult that can let you have a Flame Atronach pet? Seriously, I can't stress enough my love of the Flame Atronach and my desire to just wander around with one. I would sacrifice two ult slots for one that follows me around. One Morph can let it explode on Death, the other can let it Drop on a target area suddenly and have it start with AOE attacks for a few seconds. It's main Activate Ult effect can be something like focusing it's damage on a target you're aiming at and getting a small boost to damage.

Fist-Weapon : Knuckle Dusters, Punch Daggers, whatever they happen to be - A martial-arts styled weapon set up would be neat. If no monk, this could still let people play that style without needing an entire class focused on face-punching. Add in two different styles that let you focus on Magicka or Stamina builds, give each ability a Morph for each Resource.

...Yay, Fanlust, the best place for anyone's Speechcraft to drop to 1. Pretty sure I could have thought this out more clearly, but it's just passing thoughts.

OHH, OHH! conjuration staff!!! Pets for my NB :)
      • Yolokin_Swagonborn
        Yolokin_Swagonborn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        • One hand and rune. Like what was datamined early on.
        • Some pretty hefty passives that supported hybrid builds i.e. Pellinals 5pc as a passive equating spell and weapon damage
        • Not locked behind some stupid DLC or subscriber betraying chapter
      • LordSemaj
        LordSemaj
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ZOS_Holden wrote: »
        Hi there!

So much confirmation in one post...

Can't wait! Finally all those bow/bow builds might not suck because they'll have crossbow beefing up the skill availability.