The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New melee magblade meta? update, now 49k selfbuffed dps with dual wield no offbalance

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nox_Noir wrote: »
    How do you sustain this?

Same way every mageblade sustains, why do you think it'd have worse sustain than destro/destro? He light attacks on DW bar as well which procs returns from Ele Drain and Siphoning Attacks. You never need to heavy attack on mageblade.

In trials you'd also have orbs and other synergies. In fact even more synergies than ranged mageblade because you can use Templar Spears and Liquid Lightning synergies on top of the bubbles. Sustain should be better not worse.
    EU | PC | AD
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will try this on magplar tonight Nate, you gonna be online?
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Will try this on magplar tonight Nate, you gonna be online?

Yes m8 i will be online, i will swap the sets to magplar this evening, then we can test together and talk about our findings ;)
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    @Raghul, if you used lightning vMA staff on back bar and opened with Destro ult while keeping Soul Harvest on the front bar, would that perform better? I'm not sure why you're gimping yourself without the chance for Concussion and Off Balance and both your Blockade and your Path will deal higher damage.

It's not particularly cheesy or anything. Arguably meteor is more cheesy for dummy tests, since you'd never use that skill in PvE. You'll need either single target Soul Harvest or AoE destro ult for trials. Also for High Elves (like me) it should be DPS better than fire destro in this DW/Destro setup. What race are you again?

I don't think so, offbalance has a low uptime now, light attacks from lightning staff will deal less damage, if you barswap cancel your bow proc it won't benefit from the 8% increased damage from inferno staff, and with soul harvest backbar you still get the nd passive wich gives 10% crit damage. Also meteor is nice on frontbar because the 4 pc set of aquity is only active on front bar (max magicka) so with meteor frontbar you will get more resources from it on the frontbar with mages guild passives, it works well together like this actually.
    I play high elf myself, and in a raid there will be offbalance and minor vurnerability active, if i can get these numbers without those buffs on a selfbuffed test, it would mean that in a raid my numbers will become even better. I still hope i can find a good magdk build for engulfing flames so they can buff my wall of fire even more in a raid xD
    And if i will be able to get good numbers on magplar with MA, aquity,l and zaan they will also be able to buff the melee camp with their cheap ult giving major slayer
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raghul wrote: »
    @Raghul, if you used lightning vMA staff on back bar and opened with Destro ult while keeping Soul Harvest on the front bar, would that perform better? I'm not sure why you're gimping yourself without the chance for Concussion and Off Balance and both your Blockade and your Path will deal higher damage.

It's not particularly cheesy or anything. Arguably meteor is more cheesy for dummy tests, since you'd never use that skill in PvE. You'll need either single target Soul Harvest or AoE destro ult for trials. Also for High Elves (like me) it should be DPS better than fire destro in this DW/Destro setup. What race are you again?

I don't think so, offbalance has a low uptime now, light attacks from lightning staff will deal less damage, if you barswap cancel your bow proc it won't benefit from the 8% increased damage from inferno staff, and with soul harvest backbar you still get the nd passive wich gives 10% crit damage. Also meteor is nice on frontbar because the 4 pc set of aquity is only active on front bar (max magicka) so with meteor frontbar you will get more resources from it on the frontbar with mages guild passives, it works well together like this actually.
    I play high elf myself, and in a raid there will be offbalance and minor vurnerability active, if i can get these numbers without those buffs on a selfbuffed test, it would mean that in a raid my numbers will become even better. I still hope i can find a good magdk build for engulfing flames so they can buff my wall of fire even more in a raid xD
    And if i will be able to get good numbers on magplar with MA, aquity,l and zaan they will also be able to buff the melee camp with their cheap ult giving major slayer

Fair enough, good explanation. I somehow forgot about having Haemorrhage on the back bar. Though I doubt you get much benefit for swap-cancelling bow. 8% from Ancient Knowledge vs 5% from Twin Blade and Blunt + the extra spell damage on front bar. Might even be better on front bar. If you put Merciless on your back bar in place of Path what does the tooltip read, is it higher or lower than front bar?

As for Engulfing Flames, our DK Tank is running it which removes any need for the sub-par DK dps in raid. And him casting Igneous every 6-7", means he keeps 100% uptime on Minor Brutality for the nearby melee stam DPS.

EDIT: Which is why it works quite well actually to have 2 DKs in raid, a tank and melee DPS debuffer with Sunder. The rest of the melee DPS are better off being stamblades to buff each other up with War Machine and get the Minor Brutality from the DK tank. Survivability also very good due to Deadly Cloak.

Edited by Maulkin on February 21, 2018 1:11PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭

Fair enough, good explanation. I somehow forgot about having Haemorrhage on the back bar. Though I doubt you get much benefit for swap-cancelling bow. 8% from Ancient Knowledge vs 5% from Twin Blade and Blunt + the extra spell damage on front bar. Might even be better on front bar. If you put Merciless on your back bar in place of Path what does the tooltip read, is it higher or lower than front bar?

As for Engulfing Flames, our DK Tank is running it which removes any need for the sub-par DK dps in raid. And him casting Igneous every 6-7", means he keeps 100% uptime on Minor Brutality for the nearby melee stam DPS.

EDIT: Which is why it works quite well actually to have 2 DKs in raid, a tank and melee DPS debuffer with Sunder. The rest of the melee DPS are better off being stamblades to buff each other up with War Machine and get the Minor Brutality from the DK tank. Survivability also very good due to Deadly Cloak.

I agree, and about the barswap cancelling, the bow does indeed more damage on frontbar, but i find myself barswap cancelling the bow sometimes because one of my dots on backbar run out so i won't lose to much damage with fire staff backbar :)
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you sustain this?

Same way every mageblade sustains, why do you think it'd have worse sustain than destro/destro? He light attacks on DW bar as well which procs returns from Ele Drain and Siphoning Attacks. You never need to heavy attack on mageblade.

In trials you'd also have orbs and other synergies. In fact even more synergies than ranged mageblade because you can use Templar Spears and Liquid Lightning synergies on top of the bubbles. Sustain should be better not worse.

Cos it looks like he's using blue max stat food and concealed weapons is quite a bit more expensive than funnel. I for one, need to use witch mothers on my magblade if i want any hopes of sustaining anything longer than a 60s dummy burn-down. That's why I'm asking.
    I guess the improved synergies are definetly a thing yea, but is it enough for a longer boss fight?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree, and about the barswap cancelling, the bow does indeed more damage on frontbar, but i find myself barswap cancelling the bow sometimes because one of my dots on backbar run out so i won't lose to much damage with fire staff backbar :)

Fire off the bow proc > light attack > then bar swap > apply blockade without a light attack beforehand. Solved.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you sustain this?

Nah with blue food sustain won't work in raids without heavies. Especially if using Concealed Weapon because it costs way too much for what it does. Also no one is meant to touch the Conduit synergy aside from the tank. Conduit = Alkosh. Without Conduit, there is no good Alkosh uptime.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    new melee magblade target dummy meta* :trollface:
    Did you try a 6mio dummy? How does it compare to a normal setup on a 6 mio dummy?

Will start testing on 6 mill this evening, didn't have time yesterday as i worked pretty late and still had to get my swords etc.
    But i can imagine it also be alot higher, i had alot of parses on 3 mill were i was almost at execute and my dps was still 48k, then one parse 48.5k where my impale only critted 1 time out of 7, would have been 51k i think if aquity would have procced on execute ^^

I am quite surprised that the loss of light attacks on dualwield does not end up in a dps loss. Did you try similar setup but with Staves?

I am mostly wondering because I would guess this could also work for Magicka Templars then? I miss my dualwield Magplar >.>

@Alcast Have you tried Moondancer (dualwield) + Acuity this patch on magplar?

Also miss the Dualwield magplar :(
    Edited by Qbiken on February 21, 2018 2:18PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    How do you sustain this?

Nah with blue food sustain won't work in raids without heavies. Especially if using Concealed Weapon because it costs way too much for what it does. Also no one is meant to touch the Conduit synergy aside from the tank. Conduit = Alkosh. Without Conduit, there is no good Alkosh uptime.
    How do you sustain this?

Cos it looks like he's using blue max stat food and concealed weapons is quite a bit more expensive than funnel. I for one, need to use witch mothers on my magblade if i want any hopes of sustaining anything longer than a 60s dummy burn-down. That's why I'm asking.
    I guess the improved synergies are definetly a thing yea, but is it enough for a longer boss fight?

It's already been established further up this thread that Funnel is better than Surprise Attack overall and on a 6m dummy or trials you'd certainly pick Funnel. Both for helping the melee deeps with heals and for the sustain. The DPS loss overall is less than 500 so the only reason Rhagul is picking it here is to put the highest possible deeps on the 3m dummy. A bit of cheesing, if you will, but unimportant.

As for what synergies the melee deeps are supposed to pick up... There's usually 2 Liquid Lightnings (in our group) and 2 Spears under the boss as well as bubbles flying towards it. The tank only needs 1 synergy every 10" for Alkosh to proc and he's got a cooldown on the synergies of the same type which means every 2nd Liquid or Spear synergy is useless to the tank. I think too much is being made of that, personally. I've never really heard our tank complain he has no synergy to activate every 5-6 seconds, especially since the recent changes.

The dps will rarely pick up anything other than bubbles. They mostly use other synergies to recover from a non-Templar rez when their pool is at 10% and the pot is on CD.

Edited by Maulkin on February 21, 2018 2:40PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    How do you sustain this?

How do you sustain this?

It's already been established further up this thread that Funnel is better than Surprise Attack overall and on a 6m dummy or trials you'd certainly pick Funnel. Both for helping the melee deeps with heals and for the sustain. The DPS loss overall is less than 500 so the only reason Rhagul is picking it here is to put the highest possible deeps on the 3m dummy. A bit of cheesing, if you will, but unimportant.

As for what synergies the melee deeps are supposed to pick up... There's usually 2 Liquid Lightnings (in our group) and 2 Spears under the boss as well as bubbles flying towards it. The tank only needs 1 synergy every 10" for Alkosh to proc and he's got a cooldown on the synergies of the same type which means every 2nd Liquid or Spear synergy is useless to the tank. I think too much is being made of that, personally. I've never really heard our tank complain he has no synergy to activate every 5-6 seconds, especially since the recent changes.

The dps will rarely pick up anything other than bubbles. They mostly use other synergies to recover from a non-Templar rez when their pool is at 10% and the pot is on CD.

The reason i use concealed is because i hate weaving with funnel, weaving with concealed feels much different for me
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    How do you sustain this?

I might disagree with you on sustain with blue food, on my vid i only applied siphonings at start, in a raid i will keep it up all the time, and synergies are much better now. There are plenty of raids where bosses burn down in a couple of minutes, pretty sure i can sustain those fights on blue food. Magicka nb also benefits from ele drain for sustain where stamina nb only from siphoning.
    But in longer fights i would obviously go with gold food
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Qbiken wrote: »
    new melee magblade target dummy meta* :trollface:
    Did you try a 6mio dummy? How does it compare to a normal setup on a 6 mio dummy?

Will start testing on 6 mill this evening, didn't have time yesterday as i worked pretty late and still had to get my swords etc.
    But i can imagine it also be alot higher, i had alot of parses on 3 mill were i was almost at execute and my dps was still 48k, then one parse 48.5k where my impale only critted 1 time out of 7, would have been 51k i think if aquity would have procced on execute ^^

I am quite surprised that the loss of light attacks on dualwield does not end up in a dps loss. Did you try similar setup but with Staves?

I am mostly wondering because I would guess this could also work for Magicka Templars then? I miss my dualwield Magplar >.>

@Alcast Have you tried Moondancer (dualwield) + Acuity this patch on magplar?

Also miss the Dualwield magplar :(

I did some tests on pts but not with Acuity. And I got like 2k less dps on dualwield vs double Destro. But with Acuity it might actually be worth it :) I will defo check again. I am all for dualwield Magplar hehe. Will not be able to compete with stamina but it could be fun for dungeons.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    What are your results using a Mundus stone you'd use in raid?

I use the lover i raid with 10 points in erosion

Interesting!

Really nice to see a cool build like this working so well.

I did some fiddling with a similar setup last night and got good results, although not nearly so much DPS as yours. I was getting about 42k but there were some differences in my setup: Funnel Health, Witchmother's, and I'm using the Apprentice and ~30-ish points in Spell Erosion (~5200 pen from The Lover and 10 points in Spell Erosion is significantly more pen than we normally use in my group). I was not able to sustain without Witchmother's since I usually solo test with Elemental Susceptibility on the 3mil in order to stress-test my sustain. Presumably I'd be able to sustain just fine with Ele Drain and Worm, but it'll be interesting to see how sustainable it is on a 52mil dummy in a group parse.

Hope to see you break 50k soon! Looking forward to updates on this build.
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    4.2K Zaan DPS. May have to get a PvE set.

dps like valkyn scoria x2, just 10m range, no aoe.
    Seems fair to me.

PTS-EU
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    How well would this work on a magdk?
    I never made one, but considering that I finally got above 36k (cp333)with a similar setup on magblade, this might be a interesting incentive.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never made one, but considering that I finally got above 36k (cp333)with a similar setup on magblade, this might be a interesting incentive.

Terribly since Master Architect is very poor for MagDK. If you swap it for BSW you'll get better results but I doubt it could reach anything like the MagBlade damage output. And when you start testing on the 6m dummy the lack of sustain and execute on the DK will start to bite and damage fall off more sharply
    EU | PC | AD
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭

Terribly since Master Architect is very poor for MagDK. If you swap it for BSW you'll get better results but I doubt it could reach anything like the MagBlade damage output. And when you start testing on the 6m dummy the lack of sustain and execute on the DK will start to bite and damage fall off more sharply

Oh well that sucks, thank you
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭

Fire off the bow proc > light attack > then bar swap > apply blockade without a light attack beforehand. Solved.

This would actually be a dps LOSS for my build, i will let you figure out why.
    Some food for thought, i am a Dual wielding Magicka user
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inferno staff light attacks + increased uptime of burning effect from destros passive already would give you more dps in trials I think, especially with engulfing flames (ik Zaan is fire dmg aswell). But - the thing is build is insanely fun to play and that's more important than anything else :)
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    here is a magicka templar test from that build, did like 5 parses and managed to get this:
    (nearly 44k)

82bg7Ut.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvVU0DeGIh4
    Edited by Raghul on February 21, 2018 10:58PM
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    here is a magicka templar test from that build, did like 5 parses and managed to get this:
    (nearly 44k)

82bg7Ut.png

Ty for the help Nate, awesome job! :smiley:

• Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    (nearly 44k)

82bg7Ut.png

Ty for the help Nate, awesome job! :smiley:

Thanks man you to, great progression we got on magplar ^^
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inferno staff light attacks + increased uptime of burning effect from destros passive already would give you more dps in trials I think, especially with engulfing flames (ik Zaan is fire dmg aswell). But - the thing is build is insanely fun to play and that's more important than anything else :)

Shauna! When are you gonna come raid with us?

• getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shauna! When are you gonna come raid with us?

Yesterday I reinstalled the windows, maybe it's gonna improve my FPSes :-) ESO downloading already =D
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this build working fine in dungeons and trials ?
    I feel the bar swap is too often ... :/
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Is this build working fine in dungeons and trials ?
    I feel the bar swap is too often ... :/

Thats what it seems like yes, tested on both magblade and magplar, dps wise they both performed really well.
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raghul

You´ve no how happy I´m to see that magicka Templar parse/video <3

Do you have any superstar picture of it? Or anything similar :D
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    @Raghul

You´ve no how happy I´m to see that magicka Templar parse/video <3

Do you have any superstar picture of it? Or anything similar :D

Glad you like it man :smiley: i will post superstar this evening when i am done working
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer