The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SUGGESTION TO DEVS: split off VET DLC dungeons in Random Group finder

• profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    If I can turn off DLC dungeons by cancelling my sub, there should also be a way to do it without cancelling my sub. As long as there is an advantage to not subbing vs subbing then ZOS is encouraging at least some number of players to NOT sub, which should never be encouraged. A sub should be all benefit with no downside and this has been one glaring exception for quite some time, only becoming more of a hindrance as more DLC dungeons are added.

Yes, it should be if we include the DLC dungeons we get the full reward for doing a random daily dungeon. If we deselect the DLC dungeons we get the blue quality reward.

It is a fair tradeoff and grants the better rewards for including a chance at a greater challenge.

Of course Zos could create a gold quality reward for the random for including the DLC dungeons.

Well, if the reward is too much higher for the DLC dungeons compared to non DLC, you still have an issue with people queueing that are not prepared for that content. For some reason, a great many players think that their desire for any particular reward is proportional to their ability to do that content.

"I really, really need that monster helm so that means I will just go bang my head against the wall in that vet dungeon for 18 hours or until my group kicks me... then I'll just queue again until it works!"

As of right now, there is very little reason at all to even do a random vet compared to a random normal and it's probably for the best. If vet DLC suddenly gave the purple reward (as well as the once per day massive xp) then you would still see those queues filled with players who have no business there, just because they want the reward, not realizing that it's horrible xp/minute if you aren't capable of completing it.

so true and and well said. For this exact reason I proposed the extra rewards for the random "VET DLC category" to be something that is trivial to most users and not worth the pain and trouble but worth it to end game players. 5 extra Transmutation stones, motifs maybe ? Anything quite adapted
  • Morrojanson
    Morrojanson
    Soul Shriven
    idk wrote: »
    If I can turn off DLC dungeons by cancelling my sub, there should also be a way to do it without cancelling my sub. As long as there is an advantage to not subbing vs subbing then ZOS is encouraging at least some number of players to NOT sub, which should never be encouraged. A sub should be all benefit with no downside and this has been one glaring exception for quite some time, only becoming more of a hindrance as more DLC dungeons are added.

Yes, it should be if we include the DLC dungeons we get the full reward for doing a random daily dungeon. If we deselect the DLC dungeons we get the blue quality reward.

It is a fair tradeoff and grants the better rewards for including a chance at a greater challenge.

Of course Zos could create a gold quality reward for the random for including the DLC dungeons.

Well, if the reward is too much higher for the DLC dungeons compared to non DLC, you still have an issue with people queueing that are not prepared for that content. For some reason, a great many players think that their desire for any particular reward is proportional to their ability to do that content.

"I really, really need that monster helm so that means I will just go bang my head against the wall in that vet dungeon for 18 hours or until my group kicks me... then I'll just queue again until it works!"

As of right now, there is very little reason at all to even do a random vet compared to a random normal and it's probably for the best. If vet DLC suddenly gave the purple reward (as well as the once per day massive xp) then you would still see those queues filled with players who have no business there, just because they want the reward, not realizing that it's horrible xp/minute if you aren't capable of completing it.

so true and and well said. For this exact reason I proposed the extra rewards for the random "VET DLC category" to be something that is trivial to most users and not worth the pain and trouble but worth it to end game players. 5 extra Transmutation stones, motifs maybe ? Anything quite adapted

Agreed
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for this game improvement
    Pc na
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »

They made mention that they're looking at how group finder functions and making some changes. Cross your fingers and toes that they have something like this in mind.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »

They made mention that they're looking at how group finder functions and making some changes. Cross your fingers and toes that they have something like this in mind.

Note that several of my other suggestions have already been implemented. 1 of them was also mentioned here in this thread (cp300 requirement for vet dlc)

• phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Even the normal dlc are not friendly for people trying to learn roles, particularly tanking.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much the reason I don’t do random dungeons, it’s fun when your team is capable but there is no real way to filter the people who can and those who can’t in a group finder. Group finder splitting people into roles in a game that doesn’t have any real division between them makes finding effective teams that much worse. The despair between a base game/dlc dungeon is so high that random dungeons aren’t worth the stress.