The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alliance Change Tokens

KhajiitHasSkooma
KhajiitHasSkooma
✭✭✭
Some of us have mistakes we've made in past and, with an account full of maxed out characters, can't undo. I'd love to be able to PVP with my friends but sadly, my toon that initially completed all the quests is the wrong faction. I'd love for there to be an alliance change token. Obviously, it would need to be done in a manner that won't allow for exploitation in PVP. Make it so you can only change a character once per year. If not alliance change token, then make it so when choosing a home campaign, we also choose a faction and are locked into it for the duration of the campaign.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve one yellow toon and the rest are all blue. I should buy the name change token and call her milkman.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subject has been brought up many a time and ends up dividing the forums I guess because it takes no time to level up a toon that ZOS are in no rush to consider this
  • KhajiitHasSkooma
    KhajiitHasSkooma
    ✭✭✭
    Subject has been brought up many a time and ends up dividing the forums I guess because it takes no time to level up a toon that ZOS are in no rush to consider this

And I fully agree that it takes no time to level up a toon. But it does take time to get them to the same level, with Cadwell's Gold, crafting research, mount training and plenty of other achievements that take a lot of time to accomplish. I just don't see the issue if ZOS were to put a severe time penalty on Alliance change, like once a year per account.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I fully agree that it takes no time to level up a toon. But it does take time to get them to the same level, with Cadwell's Gold, crafting research, mount training and plenty of other achievements that take a lot of time to accomplish. I just don't see the issue if ZOS were to put a severe time penalty on Alliance change, like once a year per account.

If you're making a toon for PvP you don't need to complete Caldwell Gold/Silver (which takes a couple days if you skip the text), and you don't need to complete the sidequests.

You don't need crafting skills, except alchemy, which takes 12 minutes to level up.

You don't need achievements either.

All of these things, you can have in time, if you decide you want to invest in that character, but you only need Fighter's Guild/Mage's guild, Class skills, Armor skills and a couple of weapon skills (the ones you use).

I can guarantee you, you can have a PvP character ready to use in 3 days, and that's counting Caldwell Silver/Gold.

Is it an investment, yeah, it is, but it's also trivial in terms of MMOs.

Edited by Aisle9 on February 6, 2018 5:35PM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • KhajiitHasSkooma
    KhajiitHasSkooma
    ✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »

If you're making a toon for PvP you don't need to complete Caldwell Gold/Silver (which takes a couple days if you skip the text), and you don't need to complete the sidequests.

You don't need crafting skills, except alchemy, which takes 12 minutes to level up.

All of these things, you can have in time, if you decide you want to invest in that character, but you only need Fighter's Guild/Mage's guild, Class skills, Armor skills and a couple of weapon skills (the ones you use).

I can guarantee you, you can have a PvP character ready to use in 3 days, and that's counting Caldwell Silver/Gold.

Its not a toon to PVP with, its a toon to get all the achievements on. Sure you can do exactly what you said, but if you want to take the character with all the vet trial achievements, questing achievements, etc, etc that has ~60 days /played without having set foot in PVP beyond Caltrops, you're SOL unless you happened to have correctly predicted the future and chosen the correct alliance as the people you eventually play with.

Yes, it is a very narrow, niche and compulsive wish. But I don't see the issue if ZOS eliminate the ability to use this as an exploit. Again, once a year per account seems fair.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True. But if I'm a faction loyalist and I'd like to PVP for EP on the Breton character I made for the Daggerfall Covenant way back before One Tamriel was a thing and that was the quickest way to experience other faction questlines, I'm going to need an Alliance Change token in order to make her EP like the rest of my characters.

No, I'm not going to destroy and re-roll my Silencer and master thief with a maxed out horse and bag space. So I'm either going to not play her in PVP (my choice that, but I'm a faction loyalist) or I'm going to wait for an alliance change token if that every happens and make her EP. I'm actually fine either way, but a token would be nice.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being the bearer of bad news Zos seems very unlikely to add such an option. Considering all the slots available for characters is best you have slots you can still get unless you continued t make the mistakes during the last year.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not a toon to PVP with, its a toon to get all the achievements on. Sure you can do exactly what you said, but if you want to take the character with all the vet trial achievements, questing achievements, etc, etc that has ~60 days /played without having set foot in PVP beyond Caltrops, you're SOL unless you happened to have correctly predicted the future and chosen the correct alliance as the people you eventually play with.

Yes, it is a very narrow, niche and compulsive wish. But I don't see the issue if ZOS eliminate the ability to use this as an exploit. Again, once a year per account seems fair.

If you start the argument saying "I'd love to be able to PVP with my friends but sadly, my toon that initially completed all the quests is the wrong faction" I will assume you want to be able to PvP with your friends.

Going from there to "It's not a toon for PvP, I want a toon with all the achievements", sorry mate, I don't have clairvoyance, can't make that jump on my own.

As for choosing a faction when you join a campaign, that's just not going to happen, considering there's a DLC for that (possible income).

Just saying.

True. But if I'm a faction loyalist and I'd like to PVP for EP on the Breton character I made for the Daggerfall Covenant way back before One Tamriel was a thing and that was the quickest way to experience other faction questlines, I'm going to need an Alliance Change token in order to make her EP like the rest of my characters.

No, I'm not going to destroy and re-roll my Silencer and master thief with a maxed out horse and bag space. So I'm either going to not play her in PVP (my choice that, but I'm a faction loyalist) or I'm going to wait for an alliance change token if that every happens and make her EP. I'm actually fine either way, but a token would be nice.

I'm not ready to believe you have 15 toons with all the achievements, but if you had, that would simply mean you actually enjoy doing that.

In the first case, delete the toon with the least achievements on it, in the second case, delete the toon with the least achievements on it.

If you really want to keep them, wait for the next update, apparently there's an additional character slot incoming.

Hope this helps.
    Have a nice day.

Edited by Aisle9 on February 6, 2018 5:59PM
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Alliance change token.. Zeni, Make it happen!

2. Or allow players, for each alt, to choose an alliance for the duration of the campaign.

Something, just do something! People have been asking for this for a long time.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For someone that loathe pve in a game and only love pvp, yes its a pain in the rearwindow to level more then one or two toons. Make alliance change a thing.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not ready to believe you have 15 toons with all the achievements, but if you had, that would simply mean you actually enjoy doing that.

In the first case, delete the toon with the least achievements on it, in the second case, delete the toon with the least achievements on it.

If you really want to keep them, wait for the next update, apparently there's an additional character slot incoming.

Hope this helps.
    Have a nice day.

I, uh, how to put this politely...

I don't think you read what I said.

My problem is not that I can't PVP as EP. I have 7/9 characters that are EP. If I wanted to PVP as EP as a stam sorc, I've got two more of them beyond my DC one.

My problem is that I've got a DC character and an AD character that I made before One Tamriel was a thing so that I could experience the DC and AD questlines without having to take my EP main all the way through Cadwell's Silver and Gold. But I'm an EP loyalist, so I never PVP with those DC and AD characters.

I like those characters (and their bag space, and mount speed, and their Undaunted and other stuff that takes time to get). I'm not deleting them. My choice is that they will sit there unused in PVP out of faction loyalty to EP.

So my reason that I would like a faction change is so I could change those two characters to EP in order to PVP with them. I'll be fine if I never get that faction change. I've got plenty of other options of characters to play for EP in PVP. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't appreciate the option. If faction change was an option, I'd use it on those two characters now that One Tamriel means I'm not forced to grind to Vet ranks to access certain quest lines. (I've got the Every Race, Every Alliance pack so there wouldn't be an issue with an Altmer going EP.)

Your suggestion of making a new character is very helpful to anyone wanting to play a certain class in PVP. It is less helpful to me, where my only interest in faction change is to bring ALL of my existing characters into the EP fold. But ultimately, I'm okay with the status quo even though I'd appreciate the option to change all my characters to EP.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before one Tamriel I made yellow and red toons to play with friends who were ignorant and wouldn't join the proper faction (DC). I either have to delete those characters, or hope for an alliance change token.

How about class change token while we're at it?
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one cares about leveling to 50. Its the undaunted grind, mages guild, and leveling skill lines that sucks.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Faction Loyalty
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    No Faction Loyalty

Sure?

My Breton Silencer and Master Thief is technically a member of the Daggerfall Covenant like the rest of the Montclair family. She ran away and joined the Dark Brotherhood after the Baron decided he like vampires way too much. So, no, she doesn't have a huge amount of faction loyalty, aside from a rather mercenary viewpoint of "sure, I'll help you out as long as you pay me and I get to kill people" when King Emeric (or any other faction leader for that matter) needs someone murdered. Swapping from DC to EP wouldn't bother her.

But if you were talking about it from a player perspective, I play Ebonheart Pact almost exclusively. Sure, I made a DC and AD character before One Tamriel to experience the faction questlines without having to grind to vet ranks. I don't PVP with them because they aren't EP. But if there was an option for alliance change, ALL my characters would fight for the Ebonheart Pact.

So, no faction loyalty?
  • GatheredMyst
    GatheredMyst
    ✭✭✭
    I think that folks who are opposed to this are misunderstanding the target audience of this kind of thing.

The most common argument against? Is that the hardcore folks will just swap to the winning alliance. Not only is that easily solved with a cooldown on the item itself, but it's easily countered by the following arguments:

1.) The hardest of hardcore, in my mind, are more likely to do what you just said: Skip the fee and level a character up to whatever they feel is necessary by taking the path of least resistance. They won't buy the tokens. They know ways around it.

2.) If they wanted to do this, they're already doing it by having multiple characters in multiple factions. They can hotswap to who they want, when they want, especially if they're a dedicated PVPer.

3.) Getting into PVP to me to be able to do the things that some folks are doing requires not only knowing your class, but knowing people. Hotswapping doesn't make much sense, because of that. They'd be having to figure out what they do for guilds, alliances, Static groups, that kind of stuff.

So who's this kind of thing targeted at?

Really... folks like me, who build a greater attachment to a character and not the what at least we feel are fleeting rewards. We invest time into exploring a lot of nooks and crannies of the world, getting achievements, working up crafting, researching everything that we get our hands on... and that creates a problem when it comes to just "rolling a new character".

We just want to just be able to log into Cyrodiil and play with friends; get into little town skirmishes, experience the cool PVPVE stuff.

We're not going to tilt the scale one way or the other. Promise. We just want the option and flexibility to be able to undo a decision that we made 4 years ago without having to lose the progress that we made.
    Edited by GatheredMyst on February 6, 2018 6:40PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a one-time alliance change offered to characters that were made prior to One Tamriel? Not much benefit, but no real downside. Or maybe a timer on alliance changes, around one month, or a year. As long as PVPers can't exploit the system to benefit unfairly, I don't see why not. I mean, it's not like we don't have access to all alliances and all quests from the get-go as it is.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Faction Loyalty

faction system needs to be killed completely... only select a faction when entering a campaign... and only for the duration of that campaign.

Bonuses for low pops, and faction (reputation system) bonuses/rewards for remaining in a faction for successive campaigns.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Faction Loyalty

faction system needs to be killed completely... only select a faction when entering a campaign... and only for the duration of that campaign.

Bonuses for low pops, and faction (reputation system) bonuses/rewards for remaining in a faction for successive campaigns.

I like this.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have a pvp character ready in 3 days? How. Ive been playing since October I think and have level 50 sorc 75CP and a level 36 stamblade. Thats alot of quests required to just level up a little bit. And I cant even make end game gear yet because I need to be CP160.
    I dont get alot of time to play, but at this rate it will be next fall before either character is ready for pvp.
  • KhajiitHasSkooma
    KhajiitHasSkooma
    ✭✭✭
    @LittlePinkDot

If you no-life grind it out, you can totally have a toon PVP ready, with mages/fighters guilds at 10 and skills morphed and leveled to 4 in about 20 or 30 hours of gameplay.

Granted you still need to get to CP160, but its not that bad even with limited play time. Do a random normal whenever you log in, you should blast through your XP and get to 160, then you can go do noCP pvp. Find a large guild and you should get access to someone that would be willing to craft you gear.

EDIT: Forgot to say, questing takes forever. Most people will do the random normal a day, get carried through Skyreach, or do the dolomen grind in Alkir. When I level a new toon, I grab mages, fighters, undaunted guilds, then I go grab every lorebook and skyshard in the base game. Kill every delve boss you encounter. Do every public dungeon group event. At the end of that grind, you will be almost level 40, have mages guild 10 and a ton of skill points. Do the dolomen grind/Skyreach to finish leveling skill lines and fighter's guild. After the toon is done with that, I usually set it to be a PVE dps or tank and grab guildies to run through all the dungeons on vet hardmode to get undaunted 9. Takes about 30 hours total per character.
    Edited by KhajiitHasSkooma on February 6, 2018 7:44PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have a pvp character ready in 3 days? How. Ive been playing since October I think and have level 50 sorc 75CP and a level 36 stamblade. Thats alot of quests required to just level up a little bit. And I cant even make end game gear yet because I need to be CP160.
    I dont get alot of time to play, but at this rate it will be next fall before either character is ready for pvp.

You can have a level 50 character, which will work for No CP or allow you access to the CP you've gained on a different character, ready to go in 3 days if you grind at places like Alikr Dolmens, Spellscar, or Skyreach, preferably with exp pots or scrolls. That'll get your weapon, armor and Fighter's Guild skills at the very least. There's other ways to do it faster - like buying and making a tons of enchanting and alchemy writs, but that's even more reliant on having other characters to funnel gold to the new character and it won't help with fighters guild.

Its something that's best done with alts made after your first character.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 6, 2018 7:44PM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope this helps.
    Have a nice day.

I, uh, how to put this politely...

I don't think you read what I said.

My problem is not that I can't PVP as EP. I have 7/9 characters that are EP. If I wanted to PVP as EP as a stam sorc, I've got two more of them beyond my DC one.

My problem is that I've got a DC character and an AD character that I made before One Tamriel was a thing so that I could experience the DC and AD questlines without having to take my EP main all the way through Cadwell's Silver and Gold. But I'm an EP loyalist, so I never PVP with those DC and AD characters.

I like those characters (and their bag space, and mount speed, and their Undaunted and other stuff that takes time to get). I'm not deleting them. My choice is that they will sit there unused in PVP out of faction loyalty to EP.

So my reason that I would like a faction change is so I could change those two characters to EP in order to PVP with them. I'll be fine if I never get that faction change. I've got plenty of other options of characters to play for EP in PVP. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't appreciate the option. If faction change was an option, I'd use it on those two characters now that One Tamriel means I'm not forced to grind to Vet ranks to access certain quest lines. (I've got the Every Race, Every Alliance pack so there wouldn't be an issue with an Altmer going EP.)

Your suggestion of making a new character is very helpful to anyone wanting to play a certain class in PVP. It is less helpful to me, where my only interest in faction change is to bring ALL of my existing characters into the EP fold. But ultimately, I'm okay with the status quo even though I'd appreciate the option to change all my characters to EP.

And I understand your problem.

That said, my response to the OP was in direct reference to the statement "I want to PvP with my friends, I can't PvP with my friends because I'm in the wrong faction".

As for faction loyalty, well...

I'm a DC loyalist, most of my toons are DC (the ones I PvP with, at least), but sometimes I have to play in EP or AD for various reasons.

One of the reasons is that I don't own the adventurer pack so if I want to make an argonian tank for PvE and I want the AW skills I have to play PvP on EP side. Another reason could be that a guildie needs help and plays on AD or EP. Another reason could be a group event (I'm an officer in a small PvP guild, I have to attend those if I can) on EP or AD.

Do I like it ? No, I don't.

There's no obstacle to me doing that, though. There are no technical issues related to me going there.

Do I want to play a sorc ? I'll make a new toon, on DC, and play a sorc.

As stated in my original response, you don't need achievements, caldwell gold/silver, master angler, speedrun in dungeons and crafting skills to do PvP, if your goal is to do PvP.

I'm not saying your issue has no merit, just that is irrelevant in the context of the point I'm making.

Hope this clarifies.
    Have a nice day.

#SpellswordArmy

• Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Step 1, get as much xp boost as possible:

1) Craft a full set of armor (or have someone craft it for you) with the TRAINING trait, purple at least. That's 10% more xp gain from monster kills per piece of armor: 70% from the armor + 10/20% from weapons - > 90% xp bonus per monster kill.

2) Get one friend to quest/grind with (doesn't matter how you do it). If you're in a group with one other person that's 10% more xp from all sources.

3) Spend some money on a bunch of xp scrolls OR buy/craft ambrosia: 50% to 150% xp from all sources, depending on what you buy. Psijic ambrosia (50%) is pretty cheap, I think they're somewhere around 3k each pot.

Additional:
    4) Marry the person you quest/grind with (pledge of mara): 10% more xp.

5) Subscribe for a month: 10% more xp from all sources (was it 10% or 30% ?).

For extra xp goodness you can do it during one of the seasonal events (New life festival, jester festival, witch festival, etc), but it's not necessary.

Step 2, know where to go to get the max xp:

1) If you're questing, ignore the side quests and focus on story, caldwell silver/gold

2) If you're grinding, make sure you go somewhere with undead (for fighter's guild xp)

3) Make sure to activate mage's guild and fighter's guild for Persuasion and Intimidation, they allow you to skip a large chunk of a lot of quests. You'll lose a bit xp from monster kills, but the quest itself will give you the same reward.

4) Make sure you run Random Normal dungeons as soon as you can. You don't need to activate Undaunted, when you do you will receive retroactively the dungeon xp you got earlier. Also, make sure you do all the quests from the dungeons, that's xp and 1 SP. Do that as much as possible, dungeons, trials and arenas are gold pots of xp.

5) Run nDSA or nMA, they give a lot of xp, especially if you're in full training+xp scroll/ambrosia.

6) Run some dolmens, the first clear gives you extra fighter's guild xp.

7) Make sure you always have one or two skills to clear (e.g. steel tornado/biting jabs) and 3 skills you need to train. As soon as you're done with the 3 you're training, switch to 3 different skills. Always keep an ey on the skill's progress, morph the moment you can. If you keep a skill unmorphed, it won't get xp. Same applies for ultimates.

Step 3, finishing touches:

1) Train alchemy for medicinal use (it takes somewhere around 10 to 15 minutes). Make sure you use this: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info399-MultiCraft.html

2) Craft or have someone craft for you, or farm, a suit of armor of choice in the correct trait.

3) Join PvP.

All of this implies you want to join PvP with an alt, and you want to do so once you're level capped.

3 days is with quests (skipping dialogue, ofc), skyshards collection, lorebooks, etc.

Just by grinding, IIRC the record was 10 hours ?

Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to "have no life", but it is an investment. You're sacrificing fun and time to have something you can have fun during your play time later. That's how you get good things in life, with effort. I never said it was easy.

Hope this helps
    Safe travels.

Edited by Aisle9 on February 7, 2018 3:35PM

#SpellswordArmy

• Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a faction loyalist but I really don't see the harm in letting people change factions. It can be once a campaign or once a year whatever. It is more fun to play with friends and people get attached to their characters.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These tokens should be in the game and they would make ZoS a lot of $$$$. You always have some weirdo though who has to speak-up and go on about how others players choices should matter even though it doesn't affect them in the slightest.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I keep saying...
    I said it before, I'll say it again...

Rather then an "alliance change token" I would love to see a "cloak and dagger" themed DLC with an "faction loyalty called in question" story, that has a big choice in it - stay loyal to your alliance and find the reat traitor to prove your loyalty, or fu... uhm... forget loyalty and defect to greener pastures. With the second half (or two thirds, or whatever) of the questline being different depending on your choice - either uncovering the one who framed you, or preparing your escape, grabbing some juicy secrets on the way out, etc. Such a story could have a neutral city as "spycraft" focal point (like vienna during the cold war, where spies and agents often went to spy hard between the two sides - for ESO it could be some place between the alliances, or even an post-anchorite-war isle of stirk...), but otherwise take you all over the old faction regions, possibly revisiting a few one-time-only maps with new mobs... and perhaps even meeting a few familiar faces (come on, wouldn't you love to slam a porticullis shut into Razum-dars face as you hop on a boat bound to morrowind with Naryu? ;) )

Such a questline could even have special titles depending on what you choose... "[original faction] Loyalist" or "[original faction] Defector"... and it might have drawbacks for PvP, like... reduced AP gain, since noone fully trusts a traitor... or increased AP rewards if a member of your original faction takes you down, because...
    star-wars-traitor-gif-13.gif
    :p;)
    (there could even be a daily "hunt traitor" mission, and defectors in cyrodil getting an visuel clue while that mission is active...)
    ...aaaand that's still the best way to do it IMO. ;)
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this should be a thing. If we can change our characters' race, it's really not preposterous to let us change their allegiance in the Cyrodiil war.

The whole "you must be this race to play for this alliance" thing is so outdated already, especially with One Tamriel. So it's high time to add something like a quest scroll like the housing brochure that you do have to pay crowns for, that lets you do a quest to defect from your current alliance and into your desired one.

However, it should only be allowable once per character. That way there is zero room for abuse and you have to be really sure before you do it.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A faction change token would be nice.

Playing DC is boring when we own most of the map, which is nearly every night. On PC/NA AD really needs the help of some more decent players to win some campaigns. So Id like to switch to the underdog. I’m a Breton, which is elvish enough I suppose.

I know human nature would be to swap to the winning team all of the time though (because humanity sucks), and I understand why this isn’t a thing.

• Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    These tokens should be in the game and they would make ZoS a lot of $$$$. You always have some weirdo though who has to speak-up and go on about how others players choices should matter even though it doesn't affect them in the slightest.

Look at me, I have an opinion, and everybody else's opinion is stupid!

There are a vast amount of issues with faction change, and exploits related to it.

That is the reason the argument is polarizing.

But, hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, right ?

Have a nice day.

#SpellswordArmy