The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf Theorycrafting (PvP)

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Honestly it too early to either rejoice or worry, i won't spend more time on it until we get written info directly from ZoS (probably on PTS start).
    Slightly off-topic: I can only imagine such a change together with the vMA destruction staffs. Would make those weapons insanely good and even more mandatory than they already are for PvE.

vMA staff adds a flat value to your LA/HA, so they wouldn't get better from this.
    (and their interest will sometime suffer from the competition of standard set staves now worth 2 pieces for set bonuses)
    Queen's Elegance Set however ...

I know they add a flat value, but the importance of weaving becomes even more important in that case (so why not stick with the vMA weapons? ;) )
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset Build I am mentally kicking around.

Monstrous Thirst

Rough Draft

Race: Argonian
    Class: Any

- 2 Kena
    - 5 Clever Alchemist, 5 Prismatic on big, stam on small.
    - 5 Shacklebreaker/ Mechanical Acuity/ Pelinals (needs field testing)
    - Dual Wield Axes (1 Nirn main hand, Mag restore)(1 infused offhand, weapon damage)
    - 5-1-1 Heavy, 4 impen, 3 well fitted

-Trifood
    -Jewlery Infused potion cooldown reduction.
    -Lingering Health Vitality Pots/ vitality detect pots/ whatevers needed

Stats: Theoretically neat.

Concept:

By infusing potion cool down reduction glyphs we end up reducing the cooldown of potions by 24 seconds, giving us a cooldown on pots of 21 seconds! This means we get to pop potions 2x as frequently and overlay multiple effects. Giving us a 70% uptime on both vitality and Cever Alchemist.

This synergizes with our argonian passive Resourseful, adding theoretical regen of 440 on both magicka and stamina when we chugging pots on cooldown.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempting ... but passing infused weapon damage glyphs is not an easy sell :

Us4WU0R.png

Will depend on the pots, i need to check whats sorts of powerful 10-16 sec effets (like major cc immunity and major vitality) can be stacked into the pots for maximum gains.

Edited by Aznox on April 14, 2018 4:36PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Us4WU0R.png

Will depend on the pots, i need to check whats sorts of powerful 10-16 sec effets (like major cc immunity and major vitality) can be stacked into the pots for maximum gains.

I´ve seen a lot of people thinking about CA builds utilizing the infused+potion cooldown enchant. The extra regen you get out of it is nice and I can see it work really nicely on a NB or DK. But the overall damage potential will be lower (as Aznox math shows). The + I see is the extra spell-damage which will help our werewolf heal.

Useful potions in my opinion:
    * Detection potions: 70% uptime on stealth detection.
    * Lingering health pots: 70% uptime on Major Vitality

But with these changes, Argonians will be extremely good with these builds. And I "fear" that a nerf to the Resourceful passive will occur. I think the Infused CA setup can work really nicely in a small group (started to realise werewolf works best in small group where you don´t get focused down so easily) :)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Us4WU0R.png

I agree that infused weapon damage glyphs will be really hard to pass up.

I think the primary thought of the build is how flexible potions can be and utility of that comes along with having a 50%+ cool down reduction on pots.

Effects like lingering health also have the ability to stack when compiled giving you a solid Hot.

It will be an expensive build for sure...
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He who Light Attacks:

Sorc Orc

2 pc Kenna (Divines)
    5 pc Automaton (Divines)
    5 pc Elegant (DW Nirn/Infused) (Infused Jewelry, WP DMG enchants)

Warrior

Blue Stam/HP Food.

This is just my IC build for when I just farm the mobs. It's only gonna get stronger with Summersets Infused Jewelry, and if the devs are Buffing WW Light/Heavy Attack Scalings, oooh baby, elegant is really going to pop off.

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ive got my werewolf build almost ready....
    What do you guys think??

https://youtu.be/7IOGzSoV_pI
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ive got my werewolf build almost ready....
    What do you guys think??

https://youtu.be/7IOGzSoV_pI

What sets are you using in the video? :smiley:

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5x Barkskin, 5x Pelinals Apitude, 2xChudan(sometimes 2xZaan when i was in a bit of a mood for cheese :-P )
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=37501
    Stats are pretty allright here the ones in WW-form(no continious):
    Magicka15565
    Health32511
    Stamina46779

Magicka Recovery868
    Health Recovery417
    Stamina Recovery1679

Spell Damage3771
    Spell Critical24%
    Weapon Damage3771
    Weapon Critical30.4%

Spell Resistance36232
    Physical Resistance36372
    Critical Resistance2480

Spell Penetration100
    Physical Penetration2410
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on April 18, 2018 7:35AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭
    Good stuff @Mangeli200194 - Barkskin is underrated. :) Effectively 500 recovery on a tanky/sustain MEDIUM set, yes please.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't pvp that much but as a dps option for tanks ww rocks! When one-manning a dungeon, at times it reminds me of how I appreciate it. Never would've taken down Drodda of Ice Reach without it. She teleports, stuns, summons dozens of Frost Atros and heals like crazy! What can't she do? Lol!

Btw Don't have my stats handy but just vaguely, I run 5 pc ebon, 5pc eternal hunt and monster set is infernal guardian. This build is the best I've used so far and I love it. Flexible enough for me to run dungeons alone. I have almost 38k max health, stam and mag are balance at around upper 19k (mag) and just over 20k for stam. Seems to work well with ww. Lots of stam sustain with ww slotted.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on April 18, 2018 7:42PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭
    @Chrlynsch @Aznox @Qbiken

What's the verdict on the new light/heavy scaling change?

"Rebalanced the Light and Heavy Attack damage scaling ratios so that Light and Heavy Attacks now scale their damage in the same way that normal abilities do – Max Magicka and Max Stamina is now a greater contributing factor towards their damage."
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.

On one hand a petsorc on PTS got results that validated exactly my calculation for a pure 1/40->1/10,5 ratio change (+100% damage for a petsorc stacking magicka)

On the other hand, ZoS wrote about another rebalance between LA and HA in the patchnotes ... without numbers.
    FFS I HATE PATCH NOTES CHANGES THAT ARE NOT DOCUMENTED WITH NUMBERS

I installed the PTS but it's going to take me a few hours to replicate my exact build on it, characters aren't copied -,-'
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Barkskin definitely has a little more draw to it now that snare durations are being reworked.
    Ritter wrote: »

@Chrlynsch @Aznox @Qbiken

What's the verdict on the new light/heavy scaling change?

"Rebalanced the Light and Heavy Attack damage scaling ratios so that Light and Heavy Attacks now scale their damage in the same way that normal abilities do – Max Magicka and Max Stamina is now a greater contributing factor towards their damage."

Not currently working with werewolf.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like what ? you get the exact same damage as on live ?

wouldn't be the first time they completly forget to apply LA/HA changes to WW LA/HA ... see how late we got proper ressource return on HA against off-balance

-,-'
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭
    Remember that time ZOS made an entirely new playable class and gave it essentially no identity for Werewolf play? I member. On some level, I feel like we're just a skin that doesn't dye well to ZOS. They'll get to it when they get to it.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Like what ? you get the exact same damage as on live ?

wouldn't be the first time they completly forget to apply LA/HA changes to WW LA/HA ... see how late we got proper ressource return on HA against off-balance

-,-'

Yup same damage as on live.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭
    Recently created this monster for Non-CP Battlegrounds. I call it The TrollowDoc Build: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=54608

If you do manage to survive burst, the regen feels so good. You are also much happier when there's someone on your team is casting Ice Fortresses as we have no access to Major Ward and Resolve with this setup.

Plague Doctor in Robust might be nice post-Summerset, the HP just maxes the value of high resists and makes the range for procing Troll King a lot safer in general, at least that's my thinking.

Edit: Definitely stronger on any race that has a health recovery bonus.

Thoughts?
    Edited by Ritter on April 19, 2018 1:54PM
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I you haven't tried it already, mine will have slightly lower HP recovery, but more burst heal and waaay more damage :
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=48969

;)
    Edited by Aznox on April 19, 2018 2:15PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently created this monster for Non-CP Battlegrounds. I call it The TrollowDoc Build: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=54608

If you do manage to survive burst, the regen feels so good. You are also much happier when there's someone on your team is casting Ice Fortresses as we have no access to Major Ward and Resolve with this setup.

Plague Doctor in Robust might be nice post-Summerset, the HP just maxes the value of high resists and makes the range for procing Troll King a lot safer in general, at least that's my thinking.

Edit: Definitely stronger on any race that has a health recovery bonus.

Thoughts?

Pretty low magicka. Can't imagine you'd heal well. Doesn't seem like willow's path is worth it over other recovery sets. It'll buff troll king decently, but why not run troll king with orgnum's scales instead. You're only getting around 130 mag recovery and around 160 stam recovery anyway. So you could run orgnum's with shacklebreaker or amberplasm and basically buff everything.
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭
    @Amdar_Godkiller

It looks like Willow is not buffing the drink I have active, so yes, the benefit of that set is pretty lackluster. Would be a bit better for stam in Medium armor of course.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice thread. Back to "werewolving" after half a year off. Trying all new builds now.

I remember seeing many suggest Troll King, well that would have been nice. If it worked. I found out it doesn't on the build I'm trying. Went boring old Shacklebreaker and Salvation or Bone Pirate with Troll King. Thing is, my heals never meet the requirements for TK to proc! From full magicka, to being empty of it - my heals puts me at like 80-100% or very close to it every time, so I'm never under 60% in order for Troll King to be activated. :-P
    Will try Mighty Chudan instead today.

I had better luck on my retired olf StamDK, trying Reactive Armor and Fury with Bloodspawn. People spam you with Talons, Fear you etc., so in the middle of a real large scale riot melee mosh pit - your Reactive will protect you most of the time (so will Bloodspawn), in order for Fury to be built up. Once I was at a good level of weapon damage (+5500), I popped an Immovable potion and let out the Fury. Tap Rousing roar a couple of times, Claws of Anguish and then whack and howl away. Try it, the only thing you die to are the true coordinated ulti dropping groups. :-)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Nice thread. Back to "werewolving" after half a year off. Trying all new builds now.

I remember seeing many suggest Troll King, well that would have been nice. If it worked. I found out it doesn't on the build I'm trying. Went boring old Shacklebreaker and Salvation or Bone Pirate with Troll King. Thing is, my heals never meet the requirements for TK to proc! From full magicka, to being empty of it - my heals puts me at like 80-100% or very close to it every time, so I'm never under 60% in order for Troll King to be activated. :-P

Its not the big heals that activate troll king for me, but the myriads of little ones: getting crit - 120 point heal. Critting - 200 point heal. Then a tick from hircine's fortitude here and there if i happen to be using that morph.

• Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back !
    Troll King does work. You just lack the secret sauce to activate it
    Lingering health potions ;)
    Will try Mighty Chudan instead today.
    Very good alternative if you group with a dedicated healer.
    I had better luck on my retired olf StamDK, trying Reactive Armor and Fury with Bloodspawn. People spam you with Talons, Fear you etc., so in the middle of a real large scale riot melee mosh pit - your Reactive will protect you most of the time (so will Bloodspawn), in order for Fury to be built up. Once I was at a good level of weapon damage (+5500), I popped an Immovable potion and let out the Fury. Tap Rousing roar a couple of times, Claws of Anguish and then whack and howl away. Try it, the only thing you die to are the true coordinated ulti dropping groups. :-)
    I agree reactive is a nice and underused set, but I hope you have a good healbot because there is absolutely nothing helping your health sustain in there :smiley:
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once Jewlerycrafting comes out ill definetly go for pelinals/fury/bloodspawn combo, finally i can go fury jewlery in robust instead of healthy and in combination with pelinals my heals will also get stronger the more fury proccs
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once Jewlerycrafting comes out ill definetly go for pelinals/fury/bloodspawn combo, finally i can go fury jewlery in robust instead of healthy and in combination with pelinals my heals will also get stronger the more fury proccs

As of right now infused weapon damage jewlery will provide the most punch and it will also aid your healing as well, if you can get away with less stam. I know some wolves have sustain issues and need a little larger stam pool to work with.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

As of right now infused weapon damage jewlery will provide the most punch and it will also aid your healing as well, if you can get away with less stam. I know some wolves have sustain issues and need a little larger stam pool to work with.

Gold Fury will give you a maximum of 750 weapon-damage.
    3x infused jewellery with weapon-damage enchants will give you around 530/540 weapon-damage. Together fully buffed you´ll get almost 1,3k weapon-damage. Sure it will be beneficial for your WW-heal if using Pelinial. But the setup you mention does not sound solo friendly at all. Would personally not touch that build without a pocket healer ;)

Going 3x infused instead of robust you´ll lose around 2k stamina. In my opinion it´s a very good trade for 530-540 weapon-damage.

I´ve played around a bit with the bloodthirsty trait as well, and I don´t find it worthwhile at all. In general a player in Cyrodil will have somewhere between 26-31k HP. That means bloodthirsty will only benefit us when our enemy is at 6k HP and below. If someone drops that low against a werewolf next patch, they´re or should be dead anyway. So for me the infused, triune and robust are the traits to run with as a werewolf next patch.
    Edited by Qbiken on April 24, 2018 1:43PM
  • Ritter
    Ritter
    ✭✭
    ... trying Reactive Armor... People spam you with Talons...

Just noting that Reactive doesn't proc on immobilization and snares, only disabling effects. It essentially works when you can't block. It's an expensive set, so I wanted to to know that ahead of time.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... trying Reactive Armor... People spam you with Talons...

Just noting that Reactive doesn't proc on immobilization and snares, only disabling effects. It essentially works when you can't block. It's an expensive set, so I wanted to to know that ahead of time.

Did they change that ? Was quite some time ago but i remember it proc'ing on Hard CC + Roots (but not slows).
    Made it very strong in duels against magdk.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much Max stam do you aim for as werewolf??? *only 6% extra max stam from race passive
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD