Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do you make a good looking orc?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Deleted it more then once, and with new update coming... just maybe I ready to try again. So how do you go about designing orcs?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it female. That's the only way to make a good looking orc.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don’t.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Judging from previous experience of seeing orcs riding around... avoid the wedding dress... it won't help! :D
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "How do you make a good looking orc?"

Like it has worked for ages upon ages... drink heavily. the more heavily you drink the better they look.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    orcs are not supposed to be pretty :# but females look better indeed.
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Make an orc you want, knock out the teeth and raise the eyebrows and then get a nose job.
  • Fermian
    Fermian
    ✭✭✭
    Big beard to hide the ugly face.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Change your definition of good looking.

You have a human version of good looking consider what an orc would think attractive.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Us Orcs are not known for beauty. The flesh and blood of your enemies coating your body is the only true way the Orcs look "beautiful". And that's the way Malacath would want it.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it a dude and cover it in hair+markings.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same way you make ugly nord, bosmer, altmer, argonian, khajiit, dunmer, redguard, imperial or breton:
    - Do nothing and it happens spontaneously.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy, don't even bother making a Male. Guy Orcs are butt ugly. Which is funny cause I've seen some drop dead gorgeous Female Orcs.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change your standards.
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone @Eiagra posted this orc around here on the forums at some point. People might not agree with me, but it is by far, in my opinion, the most flawless looking male orc I've ever seen.

tumblr_ogatztTcv51upqrg6o1_1280.jpg

I successfully replicated it for my own character after fiddling with the creator for multiple hours while studying the picture, but I don't have a pic of my own to post at this moment.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No help here! I've never seen a good-looking Orc.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's a matter of taste. I think orcs look pretty good in this game. They're suppose to be gruff, rugged and hardy and that's how they look. That's its own kind of good-looking.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you do a bosmer or altmer!! :smiley:
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orcs in TES are actually a lot more attractive than most other fantasy worlds.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An Orc...
    gsCIISF.jpg

A good looking Orc...
    FIBRcFd.jpg
    PC EU
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make the orc as ugly and primal as possible.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good looking orc is the worst looking orc possible.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    news_futurama-season-7a_7acv04_thief-of-baghead_big.jpg
    That's how.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best looking one is the Priestess in the main Orsinium city... as far as Orcs go...
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO orcs are quite pretty. For a race that's supposed to be cursed and pariah their features are not as bad as I expected. My orc looks quite rugged and handsome too and I didn't even have to try .
    I could be biased though xD
    Edited by LMar on February 4, 2018 9:05PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paper bags and duct tape
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone Eiagra posted this orc around here on the forums at some point. People might not agree with me, but it is by far, in my opinion, the most flawless looking male orc I've ever seen.

tumblr_ogatztTcv51upqrg6o1_1280.jpg

I successfully replicated it for my own character after fiddling with the creator for multiple hours while studying the picture, but I don't have a pic of my own to post at this moment.

@CardboardedBox - Thanks for the high praise! :) It really made my day. I've gotten quite a few compliments over my appearance here, but I don't think anyone has ever gone with flawless. I appreciate it! :)

And to answer the question seriously, attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder. What is it that appeals to you? In my case, I favor big, meaty, beefy, rugged-looking sorts, so that's what I aimed for. It took me quite a long while fiddling with the character creator (and a bit of refinement later when we got appearance tokens) before I was satisfied. So I'd say just take your time and work at it -- you'll shape something that satisfies you with time and effort. :)
          In verity.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll Khajiit.

1517778574218.jpg
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    I guess it's a matter of taste. I think orcs look pretty good in this game. They're suppose to be gruff, rugged and hardy and that's how they look. That's its own kind of good-looking.

Yup, I totallly agree. You have to work with what's there.

On a practical note, I use the randomizer a LOT when rolling up orcs.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One suggestion I have that's applicable for creating any race is to use the PTS. Sometimes characters will look different once in the world. An appearance change token is only a single crown there. When you're finally happy with the look, take screenshots of ALL your slider settings and replicate on live server.

It's what I now do for all my characters and I save my sliders on an external hard drive to look at when I make someone new. Either so I don't end up with an 'omg, headdesk, twins" moment or if I want to create siblings for some reason, j know what to start with.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Create "it"
    2. Call it pretty
    3. Threaten to delete it
    4. Watch it cry and beg
    5. Delete it hard!
This discussion has been closed.