Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BUYERS BEWARE: Nocturnal costume is broken - have holes and model issues - update: refunded.

• Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 of my chars out of 8 love this sexy outfit. Anyway I hope they gonna fix it up as it is not cheap.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    2 of my chars out of 8 love this sexy outfit. Anyway I hope they gonna fix it up as it is not cheap.

I figure that they are not going to fix it, otherwise, they would have already said something. They know about this. The silence means that it is as-is.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask yourself -
    How many outfits, especially ones that costed crowns, still have floating pieces not attached?
    How many outfits have parts clipping through other sections?
    How many outfits allow weapons to clip through them?
    How many outfits still have small glitches and issues - Despite costing crowns.

Honestly, you should expect these problems to exist for at least a while - Until the Team has spare time to address Costumes and take a long hard look over their textures/meshes and how they work together.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask yourself -
    How many outfits, especially ones that costed crowns, still have floating pieces not attached?
    How many outfits have parts clipping through other sections?
    How many outfits allow weapons to clip through them?
    How many outfits still have small glitches and issues - Despite costing crowns.

Honestly, you should expect these problems to exist for at least a while - Until the Team has spare time to address Costumes and take a long hard look over their textures/meshes and how they work together.

The importance of that stuff varies between players. For example, I have no problem with floating bits. I have done just enough model and texture work to know that clipping, especially between two separate parts, is almost unavoidable in a production environment designed for wide adoption.

So, when I look at the Nocturnal costume, I see problems. The first one is just that the attention to detail on the gold trim is on the lax side. I am not so concerned about it being a fixed color as I am that the lack of attention to detail makes it look painted on, when the recolorable portions of the costume come up against it. While one could argue that it should be an unusual problem, this is not an unusual problem with ZOS costumes. If this was the only issue, it would not stop me from buying it.

The second problem is how the skirt attaches to the legs. I get that it has to attach to the legs. They don't have a skeleton that allows them to have a free flowing garment there. My problem is with the way the cloth drapes down. It is clearly intended to be tied at the hips and fall freely between the legs. That goes against the animation. It would be expected that the skirt would slide on the leg, but they can't do that. This is another forgivable issue, and I would have bought it with this problem.

The third problem is the standard "how does it dye" concern. Sometimes, they use a "fabric" that dyes good with dark colors, other times with light colors, and sometimes with neither. For these more expensive limited time costumes, I expect a wide range of compatibility with the dyes in the game. Sadly, they don't agree with that and so it is necessary for me to find out how the costume dyes from other players before I buy it. I cannot judge this costume because there are still not enough examples posted to make an educated decision.

A fourth problem is with how they are handling the model under the arms. I don't know if they pinned it to the wrong bone, if the model is not assembled correctly, or if the texture is trying to do things that the underlying model cannot allow. This area is a "see through" area of the outfit, where the skin texture is visible through strings in the clothing. That means that it cannot hang like cloth because the needs of the model demand that the skin and clothing are on the same surface. This costume demands that the clothing does not move, and is kept tight against the skin. That is not how it is working. They move the clothing, and that brings the skin with it. I doubt they will fix this, because it probably goes back to the rigging and the limitations that come from that.

Compounding the problem above, they have a model error that causes a gap in the model when animated. As long as the character is just standing there, idle, all is fine. As the arms move, a joint in the model opens up and shows a gap that we can see through. This should never happen, and is the only thing out of this entire list that stands any chance of being fixed. Not that they will tell us before the offer ends, because they don't communicate this sort of stuff in a timely manner. This is the deal breaker for me. I won't pay a premium price for a broken model, especially when compounded with the above problems.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the neck seam. I am really used to neck seams and severe color gradient lines in body models, though. This one is almost not noticeable.

At this point, to a person who sees these things, buying this thing is basically a "loyalty test". Players are employing faith in ZOS that they will fix stuff, and if ZOS does, the player shall be rewarded. If they don't, well, the player gets what they got. It is what it is.

Edited by Elsonso on February 4, 2018 2:18PM

Options
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fourth problem is with how they are handling the model under the arms. I don't know if they pinned it to the wrong bone, if the model is not assembled correctly, or if the texture is trying to do things that the underlying model cannot allow. This area is a "see through" area of the outfit, where the skin texture is visible through strings in the clothing. That means that it cannot hang like cloth because the needs of the model demand that the skin and clothing are on the same surface. This costume demands that the clothing does not move, and is kept tight against the skin. That is not how it is working. They move the clothing, and that brings the skin with it. I doubt they will fix this, because it probably goes back to the rigging and the limitations that come from that.

Compounding the problem above, they have a model error that causes a gap in the model when animated. As long as the character is just standing there, idle, all is fine. As the arms move, a joint in the model opens up and shows a gap that we can see through. This should never happen, and is the only thing out of this entire list that stands any chance of being fixed. Not that they will tell us before the offer ends, because they don't communicate this sort of stuff in a timely manner. This is the deal breaker for me. I won't pay a premium price for a broken model, especially when compounded with the above problems.

I hope they will fix it... In particular the /dancedunmer animation does not go well with this costume :/

Options
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    The bodymorph strikes again.

dLK83nZ.png

And the golden part can't be dyed. Whyyyyy...
    Options
  • Peritye
    Peritye
    ✭✭✭
    You guys know that its fixed right?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peritye wrote: »
    You guys know that its fixed right?

This thread is a year old. :smile:

Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought necromancer were to be released in June ?
    Options
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've closed this thread due to outdated and no longer relevant information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.