The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

error 206- patchmanifest error_unzipfailed

• Alqu
    Alqu
    ✭✭
    me too.
    Alqu - Sneaky bosmer dps (sNB)
    Allqu - Whirling dervish redguard dps (Sorc)
    Ocuili - Devout dunmer templar burninator (Temp)
    Ocuilin - Secretive dunmer dps/heals (mNB)
    Tletl - Drunken orsimer tank (DK)
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I think I've reached a level of genius because I found this just googling for the error.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/145656/error-206-patchmanifesterror-unzipfailed#reply-anchor
  • Alqu
    Alqu
    ✭✭
    Ok, I think I've reached a level of genius because I found this just googling for the error.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/145656/error-206-patchmanifesterror-unzipfailed#reply-anchor

I also found, tried. Did not work for me. Also is not working on two computers which was more suspicious it wasn't on my end.

Alqu - Sneaky bosmer dps (sNB)
    Allqu - Whirling dervish redguard dps (Sorc)
    Ocuili - Devout dunmer templar burninator (Temp)
    Ocuilin - Secretive dunmer dps/heals (mNB)
    Tletl - Drunken orsimer tank (DK)
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, same issue. Brand new rig build, fresh install. Glad I did not uninstall and instead head to the forums.

I wish I had your wisdom. I uninstalled as I thought it was a problem with my potato PC. I'm now stuck at a "Loading" screen after DirectX installs....
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    Update: The link I shared did not help, no such folders exist in the primary. Maybe this will help the moderators narrow down their search to find a resolution.
    Edited by AlexDresden87 on February 1, 2018 12:57AM
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Good, I'm not alone.

I'm going to blame it on the Full Moon lol
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom it appears to be only effecting those logging in. My guild members on discord who were in the game, including myself, arent experiencing any issu except a mild increase in ping.

NOTE: may or may not be related- Every time I quit the game, it crashes as it's shutting down and occasionally when I log out to switch toons.
    Edited by jaye63 on February 1, 2018 12:57AM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue :'(
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    Any steam users know of a workaround? I open my eso64.exe but I don't have logins for the game cause steam....HALP
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    jaye63 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom it appears to be only effecting those logging in. My guild members on discord who were in the game, including myself, arent experiencing any issu except a mild increase in ping.

NOTE: may or may not be related- Every time I quit the game, it crashes as it's shutting down and occasionally when I log out to switch toons.

Thanks, @jaye63. Agreed that the issue you're having may be related to the issue we're investigating.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If I'm correct, that would help if the issue were related to a patch, although there was no new patch (just maintenance). The error name is misleading.
    I also found that page and tried that solution, but it doesn't work (there are no "patchdata")
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Sierra0209nub18_ESO
    I'm on NA for PC not EU and can't repair or anything..not connected to Steam either..any update yet?
    Edited by Sierra0209nub18_ESO on February 1, 2018 1:04AM
    I suppose thinkin before speakin is good in some cases, no?
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat here as well..... oh well!
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Same here, PC NA.

I too opened the game with the eso64 file. This file is in "(((C:\Program Files (x86))))\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client"

(((Go to the folder where the game is installed)))

Side Note: If your client is out of date this won't work.

Thank you for this info, including the pathway to that file. This worked fine for me as a temp workaround until ZoS can fix the launcher. :)

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

The team is still investigating. If you uninstalled, we have confirmed that you will not be able to reinstall at this time until the issue is resolved. Please halt any in-progress re-installations until then.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on February 1, 2018 1:08AM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had lag for a few months now but I started getting disconnects very early this morning. I haven't tried to log in since then but My client is giving this error now as well!!! :neutral:
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Same here, PC NA.
    I too opened the game with the eso64 file. This file is in "(((C:\Program Files (x86))))\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client"
    (((Go to the folder where the game is installed)))
    Side Note: If your client is out of date this won't work.
    This worked for me on PC.
    Edited by Radiance on February 1, 2018 1:16AM
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    Had same issue open for eso64. Not able use the launcher
  • Grey_Wanderer
    Grey_Wanderer
    ✭✭✭
    Just a ditto here. eso64 works.
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭

If I'm correct, that would help if the issue were related to a patch, although there was no new patch (just maintenance). The error name is misleading.
    I also found that page and tried that solution, but it doesn't work (there are no "patchdata")

I agree that it did not work, in fact I posted a second thread just below
    Update: The link I shared did not help, no such folders exist in the primary. Maybe this will help the moderators narrow down their search to find a resolution.

• SophiCat
    SophiCat
    ✭✭
    I am a steam user also having same problem, was on this morning about 8am cst u.s. with no problem whatsoever, tonight getting the same error these guys are getting :(

Ha! I tried running the eso64.exe and it DID appear to work (got login screen, but can't stinking remember my login since I always use steam, lol) - but it's working without being launched through steam... if that helps at all...

oh and steam users... the correct file path for eso64.exe if you run the game through steam is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client

OMG ITS WORKING AGAIN!!!!

thank you ZOS!!!!
    Edited by SophiCat on February 1, 2018 1:35AM
  • Incarnatus
    Incarnatus
    ✭✭✭
    Also have same Manifest issue. Launching eso64 and bypassing launcher works for me too.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    This worked for some of my guildies...

IF YOU ARE NOT ON STEAM- go to the Zenimaz folder and click on the ESO64 file and bypass the launcher
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    c/program files x86/Zenimax online/The Elderscrolls online/game/client/eso64
  • BGruchallab14_ESO
    BGruchallab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I Uninstalled, because the Repair option kept giving me an ERROR message;

So, now all I have is a LOADING Screen for ESO :'(
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

Could you give it a try now and see if you're able to get in, and let us know?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • RogueJD
    RogueJD
    Soul Shriven
    Seems to work for me. Thanks, Z.
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Steam log in is working now
  • H3X0R
    H3X0R
    Soul Shriven
    works
  • TinyBun
    TinyBun
    ✭✭
    This is happening to me and I've gone through all my files, never found patcherror.
  • LadyJohanna
    I can get into both PC servers now, no further errors with the launcher. Steam user here, so the workaround didn't work for me.