The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The real reason why people are so negative when new patches come out.

Pr0Skygon
Pr0Skygon
✭✭✭✭✭
Let's get this out of the windows: ESO is not League of Legends, or Overwatch, in any shape of form. In those games, the characters are created with a set in stone mindset and gameplay style. Patches after patches they're shaped to better suit their role and be competitive with other characters, so a buff, or nerf is necessary. Those game are meant for Esport scene. This is not the case for ESO.
I don't know about you guys, but for me ESO has always been a power fantasy game, which is reasonable for a fantasy RPG. I play ESO to feel powerful, not to be stuffed into a box, and be told what I should be, and can't be. That's actually what ZOS promised us when they first announced ESO, "play as you want". But lately, I've seen that concept been driven out by ZOS, update by update.
Let's talk a bit about how ZOS is forcing roles on us yet, since @ZOS_GinaBruno once did say that Dragonknight are suppose to be tankier than others. And before any of you comment below: "But my Warden can also tank", or "Sap tank is very fun", I'd have to say this, I love my sorc tank, I really do, but he's no where near as good as my main DK tank, which is the only tank I'd bring into vet trials. Being fun is one thing, but be actual powerful is more important. Ok, with that been said, let's get into the juicy stuff.
The real reason why people are so p*ssed off every update is simple: ZOS tends to nerf a lot these days, and it has proved to do more harm than good. Let's take an example, heavy armor in 2017. Homestead came out, nerf resource returns and damage. Morrowind came out, further nerf resource returns. Clockwork City came out, downright delete the whole damage buff part. And the funny thing is, these change are meant to be for PvPer, but they cause so much harm to PvE tankers. And the more hilarious part is, even after these "changes", the heavy armor meta still lives. Why? Simple, it was never heavy armor that was too strong in PvP, it was light and med armor that was too weak in PvP. Nerf heavy armor means nothing when light and med armor still aren't a viable choice (yes, stamNB use med, and magSorc use light, but that's as far as "viable" goes). What I'm trying to say is: The more patch we have, the less we actually have. Frag no longer stun, Spear Shard no longer stun, Fossilize is now just a shell, RIP resource management for magDK for almost a year now etc. ZOS, stop taking away things from us players. Nerf has proofed itself to be an ill solution for a lot of situations. There are time that a nerf is needed, such as to proc sets, or to Templar Sun Shield spam in PvP, but don't overuse it.
That's just my point of view, sorry for the long post. Would love to hear you guys opinions.
Edited by Pr0Skygon on January 31, 2018 7:40AM

The real reason why people are so negative when new patches come out. 251 votes

Absolutely right, nerfs are way out of controls.
29%
GilvothMojmirAwesomestMattMalnutritionPhilhypeAzuryaU_D_D_I_N_RBarszariainf.toniceb17_ESOYukon2112Malthornefalcasternub18_ESODelgentkimaerilTommy83MornaBaineFoulSnowpawnimbliRomo 73 votes
I liked some nerfs, but also hate some.
21%
InklingsPlagueSDleetacakesb16_ESOSeptimus_Magnakari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOSheezabeastkojouWingLaerothKeykalynHatchetHaroBughoundDDemonToRelaxEdziuMyerscodHvzedaCh4mpTWStovahkiinLettigallscratch45 54 votes
I think nerfs are inevitable.
7%
DeadlyReclusetechnohicfelipe.rubinnrb18_ESODDukeKanarMojomonkeymanpaulsimonpsshadelonPink_ViolinzCadburyParaNostramBohnTboggoPrincess_CiriByronicAerogepe87SisterGoatHighKinladyghastley 19 votes
Nah, I believe in ZOS and what they're doing.
9%
codybrewer78b14_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOArobainJimmymoutonTurelusCyberOnEsoFoxhuntanothermeGarethjolnirNemeliomVoxicityIlCanis_LupuslILadislaoElwendryllaaisoahosupaskrubbrimstone74UnfadingsilenceMaryal 24 votes
Haters gonna hates, I'm just here enjoying the game.
20%
TryxusIruil_ESOjedtb16_ESOaubrey.baconb16_ESOAlienSlofKanedaSyndromebmannb16_ESOidkJasonSilverSpringerebozSpacemonkeykongkimHuyenEC_RobbadmojophermitgbTandorElissaeRobo_Hobolillybit 51 votes
I'm not sure I feel about this (I'll explain why on the comment).
2%
SkuaLoralai_907RavenSwornStreegaStrawberryKitsunelogarifmikDemra 7 votes
Others (Comment bellow your opinion).
9%
MarginisRDMyers65b14_ESOKnootewootdennissomb16_ESOSabbathiusvyndral13preub18_ESOElsonsoGrimm13bethshebaRobbieRocketMoglijuanaBananaLysetteFloppyTouchZbigb4lifeRagnorkTasearDrakkdjinnOlupajmibananplaysforfun 23 votes
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a fan of the whole "were only going to mess with classes during major updates so people don't have to re gear etc." thing, until it translated to

"some of your characters might be useless or broken until the next major update but this is for your convenience"
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is always something else that "needs" a NERF, and
    now it comes........:
    unfortunately it is almost always requested by the PvP community
    therefor we have large impacts in PVE, which are really not needed there!

Give PvP an own Server where they can nerf all and everything and so they don´t inflict PVE.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    it is always something else that "needs" a NERF, and
    now it comes........:
    unfortunately it is almost always requested by the PvP community
    therefor we have large impacts in PVE, which are really not needed there!

Give PvP an own Server where they can nerf all and everything and so they don´t inflict PVE.

Though I call myself a hardcore PvPer, even I don't like most of these changes, especially seeing how they effect the PvE side :(
    Edited by Pr0Skygon on January 31, 2018 7:56AM
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    I was a fan of the whole "were only going to mess with classes during major updates so people don't have to re gear etc." thing, until it translated to

"some of your characters might be useless or broken until the next major update but this is for your convenience"

My magWarden is still level 6, since July. Everyone knows why.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they nerf they nuke not minor nerfs
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    Let's get this out of the windows: ESO is not League of Legends, or Overwatch, in any shape of form. In those games, the characters are created with a set in stone mindset and gameplay style. Patches after patches they're shaped to better suit their role and be competitive with other characters, so a buff, or nerf is necessary. Those game are meant for Esport scene. This is not the case for ESO.
    I don't know about you guys, but for me ESO has always been a power fantasy game, which is reasonable for a fantasy RPG. I play ESO to feel powerful, not to be stuffed into a box, and be told what I should be, and can't be. That's actually what ZOS promised us when they first announced ESO, "play as you want". But lately, I've seen that concept been driven out by ZOS, update by update.
    Let's talk a bit about how ZOS is forcing roles on us yet, since @ZOS_GinaBruno once did say that Dragonknight are suppose to be tankier than others. And before any of you comment below: "But my Warden can also tank", or "Sap tank is very fun", I'd have to say this, I love my sorc tank, I really do, but he's no where near as good as my main DK tank, which is the only tank I'd bring into vet trials. Being fun is one thing, but be actual powerful is more important. Ok, with that been said, let's get into the juicy stuff.
    The real reason why people are so p*ssed off every update is simple: ZOS tends to nerf a lot these days, and it has proved to do more harm than good. Let's take an example, heavy armor in 2017. Homestead came out, nerf resource returns and damage. Morrowind came out, further nerf resource returns. Clockwork City came out, downright delete the whole damage buff part. And the funny thing is, these change are meant to be for PvPer, but they cause so much harm to PvE tankers. And the more hilarious part is, even after these "changes", the heavy armor meta still lives. Why? Simple, it was never heavy armor that was too strong in PvP, it was light and med armor that was too weak in PvP. Nerf heavy armor means nothing when light and med armor still aren't a viable choice (yes, stamNB use med, and magSorc use light, but that's as far as "viable" goes). What I'm trying to say is: The more patch we have, the less we actually have. Frag no longer stun, Spear Shard no longer stun, Fossilize is now just a shell, RIP resource management for magDK for almost a year now etc. ZOS, stop taking away things from us players. Nerf has proofed itself to be an ill solution for a lot of situations. There are time that a nerf is needed, such as to proc sets, or to Templar Sun Shield spam in PvP, but don't overuse it.
    That's just my point of view, sorry for the long post. Would love to hear you guys opinions.

totaly true!!!

some nerfs were necessary, but it is not a solution for all issues at all!!!
    I always say it: STOP THE NERFS!!! BUFF THE OPPOSITE INSTEAD!!!
  • fosokles
    fosokles
    ✭✭✭

What about WoW? It's an MMO RPG and it does have E Sports and competitiveness. The reason some people play ESO is to be the best. ESO isn't competitive in anyway at the moment so as fans it is our right to hope that this game would be competitive one day to make the community larger and the game better, for us and to help the income for our developers who as I hope are working day and night to make ESO great.
    Edited by fosokles on January 31, 2018 8:16AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

My magWarden is still level 6, since July. Everyone knows why.

I just deleted mine, and she was a geared Lvl50. I didn't care for the other more useful playstyles and if ZOS had no intention of making it so using Frost Damage for DPS was viable, then there was no use for a Warden whatsoever. The Frost Mage will live on only in dreams.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Again I love how the nerfs are always put on the pvp players

Nerfs happen bc of pve too if a class does too much or little dps to another or a gear set is used by everyone (BSW) it gets nerf bc of PvE

What I don’t like about this game is lag and bugs that go on way to long
    Edited by FloppyTouch on January 31, 2018 8:21AM
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fosokles wrote: »

What about WoW? It's an MMO RPG and it does have E Sports and competitiveness. The reason some people play ESO is to be the best. ESO isn't competitive in anyway at the moment so as fans it is our right to hope that this game would be competitive one day to make the community larger and the game better, for us and to help the income for our developers who as I hope are working day and night to make ESO great.

But let's real my friend, only people who play WOW cares about WOW Esport :wink:
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are only negative because ZOS messes up every single update/patch
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    People are only negative because ZOS messes up every single update/patch

that too lol :D
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real reason is that people think that their decision would be better. But in fact a whole team of developers analyzes many options for solving the problem and stops at the most optimal (for short and long-term prospects). These decisions diverge from the players' thoughts, which leads them to disappointment every single patch.

Of course, sometimes the pressure of players is so great that the developers do not have anything but to nerf this or that aspect. As a rule, this leads to an even greater disbalance, but with a minus sign.

So, guys, be reasonable. Do not run to create a topic on the forum that X should be nerfed only because X killed you. Try sometimes to adapt and look for countermeasures, for example.
    Everything is viable
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hates, I'm just here enjoying the game.
    99% of the negativity comes from people that do PvP and lose their win-buttons. Thats something that will never change. And even in Overwatch you see the same thing happening. Puts me off to play online really...
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »
    The real reason is that people think that their decision would be better. But in fact a whole team of developers analyzes many options for solving the problem and stops at the most optimal (for short and long-term prospects). These decisions diverge from the players' thoughts, which leads them to disappointment every single patch.

Of course, sometimes the pressure of players is so great that the developers do not have anything but to nerf this or that aspect. As a rule, this leads to an even greater disbalance, but with a minus sign.

So, guys, be reasonable. Do not run to create a topic on the forum that X should be nerfed only because X killed you. Try sometimes to adapt and look for countermeasures, for example.

Though I respect ZOS for what they do, and I believe that they do run numbers and charts before coming with patches, there're still a lot of questionable problem that was created, or has been running for so long.

For example, we told ZOS when PTS of Morrowind that magWarden dps was so low compare to any other class setup. ZOS listened, yes, but their buff to Warden was so minimal, magWarden are still infamous for their dps parse. And now we're 3 patches later, and magWarden are still in the same hole. MagTemplar has been in the "healer main" for so long now, their dps parse is not far away from magWarden, and it's there for over a year now. Even their stam counter part, stamplar is the kinda worse compare to other stam setup (except for maybe stamWarden). MagDk after the Morrowind suffers the same fate with magTemplar, to be the "just ok" dps class setup.

Our community spread our voice every updates about issues like this, and it's not just "my opinion", or "what I'm seeing", it's how it actually plays out in numbers. ZOS acknowledge some, and ignore most of these known issues. There're a lot of room to buff these class, but nothing has been done so far, but further nerf them to the ground. Templar shard synergy cooldown is shared with orbs for some reason, and it don't even stun anymore. MagDK has too many drawback and no actual group advantage, especially in PvE, etc.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    99% of the negativity comes from people that do PvP and lose their win-buttons. Thats something that will never change. And even in Overwatch you see the same thing happening. Puts me off to play online really...

Actually most of the negativity are from end game raiding guilds/players. We're p*ssed because we have all run our numbers, and the differences in dps and effectiveness in trials are severe between multiple class setup. Some class setup are totally banned from vet trials (ahem, magWarden) for example. The only viable tank option right now is still DK, and Templar for the healer site. This is not how "play your way" in an open world MMORPG supposes to work.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    actually its the opposite.
    MOBA style games adapt specific characters into different ways to be played every so often.
    class based games rarely change how the roles work but rather spice them up so is to encourage gear swapping and rotation changes.
    but daedric summoning for example will never drop its core abilities. which is summoning daedra.
    a support in a MOBA will sometimes become a tanky char or completely shift role entirely.
    just figured i'd point that out.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually most of the negativity are from end game raiding guilds/players. We're p*ssed because we have all run our numbers, and the differences in dps and effectiveness in trials are severe between multiple class setup. Some class setup are totally banned from vet trials (ahem, magWarden) for example. The only viable tank option right now is still DK, and Templar for the healer site. This is not how "play your way" in an open world MMORPG supposes to work.

THIS is exactly part of the reason.
    take WOW as an example, there are multiple classes, and all of them have their uses eng game.
    here in ESO?
    good luck being a NB healer or Sorc healer in end game, dont expect to be a bow DPS, and especially frost tanking, oh no game wont allow that.

wanna know why? balance sucks. game is built around an exploit known as "animation cancelling" to boost damage into numbers that allow you to complete endgame content.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    would say this if zos wants to do what ever they will , so if they want the classes to be whatever , then make more classes add a few more races .
    then they be able to do what they want over time , but as usual most companys will do what they want , its a bit like politicians .
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I feel about this (I'll explain why on the comment).
    I think devs need to change they approach to the combat mechanic/skills completely. I don't know how, but a strong feeling tells me it will make the game better.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For example, we told ZOS when PTS of Morrowind that magWarden dps was so low compare to any other class setup. ZOS listened, yes, but their buff to Warden was so minimal, magWarden are still infamous for their dps parse. And now we're 3 patches later, and magWarden are still in the same hole. MagTemplar has been in the "healer main" for so long now, their dps parse is not far away from magWarden, and it's there for over a year now. Even their stam counter part, stamplar is the kinda worse compare to other stam setup (except for maybe stamWarden). MagDk after the Morrowind suffers the same fate with magTemplar, to be the "just ok" dps class setup.

Our community spread our voice every updates about issues like this, and it's not just "my opinion", or "what I'm seeing", it's how it actually plays out in numbers. ZOS acknowledge some, and ignore most of these known issues. There're a lot of room to buff these class, but nothing has been done so far, but further nerf them to the ground. Templar shard synergy cooldown is shared with orbs for some reason, and it don't even stun anymore. MagDK has too many drawback and no actual group advantage, especially in PvE, etc.

Who knows what the reasons may be in the absence of such changes.
    Perhaps the developers believe that indirect changes will change the situation with them.
    Perhaps their internal tests show different results due to the fact that players simply can not find the key to these classes. The developers can not just say what and how to do to get the maximum DPS. Just assumptions.

You do not think that developers do not see the current situation, right?

How people like to resort to this phrase... Actually, it is. You can choose any archetype and beat any content in the game. Or do you think magicka warden can not beat HM vTrials?

What you are talking about is called minmaxing. If your goal is to set records, then obviously you are forced (not by the game, but by your ambitions) to use all the most effective. Group composition, class, race, gear, etc.
    Magicka wardens are not the most effective for now. But they are effective enough to beat HM vTrials.

Although for some people the difference of 1% is a complete disbalance :)
    Everything is viable
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭

Nerfs happen bc of pve too if a class does too much or little dps to another or a gear set is used by everyone (BSW) it gets nerf bc of PvE

Name a nerf other than the "BSW" that has ever been laid upon pvp because of pve? I can list you a whole dozen or more nerfs we have had to take for the sake of pvp.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Name a nerf other than the "BSW" that has ever been laid upon pvp because of pve? I can list you a whole dozen or more nerfs we have had to take for the sake of pvp.

Sustain

PvP gets a lot of nerfs but truth is very little of them have much of an impact on pve.

Sustain was a pve nerf bc of ppl completely ignoring it and able to just stack damage and go through rotation after rotation and ignore boss mechanics. Sustain was not an issue in pvp, for one poisons and two we have to build for sustain very few build other then glass canon gank build could ignore recovery and do well.

Crit to proc sets was also part to blame on pve even the devs said they added to much dps and where over preforming. Most build in pvp run impen crits where not that big of an issue.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on January 31, 2018 10:45AM
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »

Who knows what the reasons may be in the absence of such changes.
    Perhaps the developers believe that indirect changes will change the situation with them.
    Perhaps their internal tests show different results due to the fact that players simply can not find the key to these classes. The developers can not just say what and how to do to get the maximum DPS. Just assumptions.

You do not think that developers do not see the current situation, right?

How people like to resort to this phrase... Actually, it is. You can choose any archetype and beat any content in the game. Or do you think magicka warden can not beat HM vTrials?

What you are talking about is called minmaxing. If your goal is to set records, then obviously you are forced (not by the game, but by your ambitions) to use all the most effective. Group composition, class, race, gear, etc.
    Magicka wardens are not the most effective for now. But they are effective enough to beat HM vTrials.

Although for some people the difference of 1% is a complete disbalance :)

I think you misunderstood "disbalance" and "nitpicking". If magWarden deals 1% less damage compare to magSorc, I wouldn't care less about that. But this is from 5K to 10K differences. And remember, that number is only on target dummy, in reality, you will take a lot time running around and staying alive, which is another factor in why I said magWarden for example, is not an ideal choice. Take magSorc for example, they gives 100% uptime for minor prophecy (which cannot be obtain anywhere else), a very huge shield for survival, and a Major Berserk buff. And always remember how easy pet sorc is to play with. Let's take a look at magWarden. They use frost damage, which is bad on dps site since we don't need minor maim (the tank has it). They have Major Protection, which NB has for the same amount of ultimate, but being a more powerful dps setup. So why choose magWarden?

And please do remember 1 very important thing: You can use magWarden to beat vHOF, doesn't mean the class setup is good, it means your group is good. You can easily replace that magWarden spot for a magNB or magSorc, and has an easier time in there. If you just want to have fun, then magWarden is fine. If you want to talk about "balance", then no, magWarden is not "balanced" at all.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You indirectly stated that constant balancing is a must in competitive games which ESO, sadly, isn't. That's why they can nerf anything like they want, because nothing important happens. It will not affect the competitive ranked ladder because there isn't such thing.

And this is exactly my issue. ESO could bring ranked mode to battlegrounds. That would actually solved a lot of problems:
    1. Competition is a must in any PvP scenario to keep players playing. (Who would watch or even participate in Olympics if it was for fun only)
    2. Possibility to enter esports scene which means cash, cash and even more cash (that's what matter for ZoS the most). And possibility to organize tournaments to increase popularity and cash even further (yeaaaaah ZoS, that's what you like).
    3. ZoS would have to think and test a lot before they nerf or buff something. Now they do it just for the sake of nerfing like this: "Let's nerf something because we didn't nerf anything in a while".

Increased PvP population, a lot more dolars for ZoS, periodic balancing with competitive ladder in mind. Everyone is happy not?
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand trying to improve the dynamics amd fluidity of combat but the way they blatantly mock and disregard player feedback gives me a strong negative vibe about each update.

My mindset is 'okay how much worse is the game gunna get now'. Meanwhile, stam nightblades are pulling 70k parses but they're still nerfing templars. FML.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You indirectly stated that constant balancing is a must in competitive games which ESO, sadly, isn't. That's why they can nerf anything like they want, because nothing important happens. It will not affect the competitive ranked ladder because there isn't such thing.

And this is exactly my issue. ESO could bring ranked mode to battlegrounds. That would actually solved a lot of problems:
    1. Competition is a must in any PvP scenario to keep players playing. (Who would watch or even participate in Olympics if it was for fun only)
    2. Possibility to enter esports scene which means cash, cash and even more cash (that's what matter for ZoS the most). And possibility to organize tournaments to increase popularity and cash even further (yeaaaaah ZoS, that's what you like).
    3. ZoS would have to think and test a lot before they nerf or buff something. Now they do it just for the sake of nerfing like this: "Let's nerf something because we didn't nerf anything in a while".

Increased PvP population, a lot more dolars for ZoS, periodic balancing with competitive ladder in mind. Everyone is happy not?

Hum you do have a point.
    Though I might have confused people with my first point. I brought up games like Overwatch because those characters in that game is pre-made, while characters in ESO is custom made by each players. It's really not fun seeing your baby get nerfed to the ground for god know what reason :(
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is going to see things from their own perspective. What is a nerf to one person is likely seen as something positive for another. There is absolutely no possible way to please everyone. ZOS is doing what they can, but sometimes it is too far one way or the other. Data gets skewed based on the time and place that it is collected. No matter how much you may read about things on these forums, the majority of the players don't post and probably just play the game as it is. As they are the majority, ZOS has to do what is best for them, not all of the forum people.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hum you do have a point.
    Though I might have confused people with my first point. I brought up games like Overwatch because those characters in that game is pre-made, while characters in ESO is custom made by each players. It's really not fun seeing your baby get nerfed to the ground for god know what reason :(

It's the same like nerfing your favourite champion in LoL. You have all of skins for him, many experience with him, etc. etc. and they completely nerf him.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtb more buffs pls