The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The real reason why people are so negative when new patches come out.

• Fermian
    Fermian
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    totaly true!!!

some nerfs were necessary, but it is not a solution for all issues at all!!!
    I always say it: STOP THE NERFS!!! BUFF THE OPPOSITE INSTEAD!!!

Lol this is the reason why! ...
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others (Comment bellow your opinion).
    I think that because the class playstyles are not as clearly defined as some of those other games you mentioned, and we are locked into whatever class our character has, and the game has a larger purview than those other games as most MMOs do, any changes to specific class balancing will always be unsettling and therefore upsetting. I don't think it's a matter of nerfs, per se, unless you're looking at it from a personal and therefore narrow perspective.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • cicisch
    cicisch
    Class Representative
    I liked some nerfs, but also hate some.
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    I was a fan of the whole "were only going to mess with classes during major updates so people don't have to re gear etc." thing, until it translated to

"some of your characters might be useless or broken until the next major update but this is for your convenience"

My magWarden is still level 6, since July. Everyone knows why.

magwarden36_buffs.png

*This is not my parse, I stink at magic.*

Well my sorc pet parse is 41K. But damme, 35K on a magWarden is an achievement on its own :D

It's not self-buffed parse. Also, it's a still standing taget dummy...so,lol, I guess.

@Anhedonie guard is part of his build, I know because I was the one applying drain on this parse and standing still to be guarded.

Dummy parses are one of the ways you can tell the damage a build is capable of doing. Of course raid parses are going to be more indicative of the player/experience, but I for one know that my damage in raids increases the more comfortable I am playing a class - and one of the ways I do that is by practicing a rotation.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hates, I'm just here enjoying the game.
    People in every MMO ever made whine when things get changed. Its human nature that we don't like changes.

So whatever ZOS do. people will always cry when it happens.
    Never ending story, but often there has to be done something or tried out.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hates, I'm just here enjoying the game.
    altemriel wrote: »
    Let's get this out of the windows: ESO is not League of Legends, or Overwatch, in any shape of form. In those games, the characters are created with a set in stone mindset and gameplay style. Patches after patches they're shaped to better suit their role and be competitive with other characters, so a buff, or nerf is necessary. Those game are meant for Esport scene. This is not the case for ESO.
    I don't know about you guys, but for me ESO has always been a power fantasy game, which is reasonable for a fantasy RPG. I play ESO to feel powerful, not to be stuffed into a box, and be told what I should be, and can't be. That's actually what ZOS promised us when they first announced ESO, "play as you want". But lately, I've seen that concept been driven out by ZOS, update by update.
    Let's talk a bit about how ZOS is forcing roles on us yet, since @ZOS_GinaBruno once did say that Dragonknight are suppose to be tankier than others. And before any of you comment below: "But my Warden can also tank", or "Sap tank is very fun", I'd have to say this, I love my sorc tank, I really do, but he's no where near as good as my main DK tank, which is the only tank I'd bring into vet trials. Being fun is one thing, but be actual powerful is more important. Ok, with that been said, let's get into the juicy stuff.
    The real reason why people are so p*ssed off every update is simple: ZOS tends to nerf a lot these days, and it has proved to do more harm than good. Let's take an example, heavy armor in 2017. Homestead came out, nerf resource returns and damage. Morrowind came out, further nerf resource returns. Clockwork City came out, downright delete the whole damage buff part. And the funny thing is, these change are meant to be for PvPer, but they cause so much harm to PvE tankers. And the more hilarious part is, even after these "changes", the heavy armor meta still lives. Why? Simple, it was never heavy armor that was too strong in PvP, it was light and med armor that was too weak in PvP. Nerf heavy armor means nothing when light and med armor still aren't a viable choice (yes, stamNB use med, and magSorc use light, but that's as far as "viable" goes). What I'm trying to say is: The more patch we have, the less we actually have. Frag no longer stun, Spear Shard no longer stun, Fossilize is now just a shell, RIP resource management for magDK for almost a year now etc. ZOS, stop taking away things from us players. Nerf has proofed itself to be an ill solution for a lot of situations. There are time that a nerf is needed, such as to proc sets, or to Templar Sun Shield spam in PvP, but don't overuse it.
    That's just my point of view, sorry for the long post. Would love to hear you guys opinions.

totaly true!!!

some nerfs were necessary, but it is not a solution for all issues at all!!!
    I always say it: STOP THE NERFS!!! BUFF THE OPPOSITE INSTEAD!!!

That's just stupid.
    If one skill overperform. You don't let it be and then change 100 other skills. and then you, later on, find out they were buffed too much and then you can start all over with even more skills.
    No, it would be stupid. You change the skill that is the problem, not everything else.
  • StoicSunbro
    StoicSunbro
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, I believe in ZOS and what they're doing.
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    I was a fan of the whole "were only going to mess with classes during major updates so people don't have to re gear etc." thing, until it translated to

"some of your characters might be useless or broken until the next major update but this is for your convenience"

My magWarden is still level 6, since July. Everyone knows why.

magwarden36_buffs.png

*This is not my parse, I stink at magic.*

Well my sorc pet parse is 41K. But damme, 35K on a magWarden is an achievement on its own :D

It's not self-buffed parse. Also, it's a still standing taget dummy...so,lol, I guess.

That is actually my parse, with my build based off @stileanima who was able to hit 52k/46.5k in vMoL. A link for those interested:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380863/end-game-magicka-warden-pve-dps-build-clockwork-city

On topic: I occassionally criticize their nerf-heavy approach as "Race to the bottom balancing". There are many completely unviable sets and skills that should be looked at.

However, long term they have improved the game. One Tamriel, Tamriel Unlimited, Mundus Rework, Weapon Trait Rework, Synergy rework. All great steps forward.

This time last year Nightblades and stamina builds were awful in PVE. Now they dominate. Who knows where we'll be next year.

Edited by StoicSunbro on February 2, 2018 11:11PM
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think nerfs are inevitable.
    ZOS does what they can but ultimately in a game like this with so many variables and how little resources are actually devoted to making the game better (as opposed to way too much being dumped on crown stores crown crates and other cash shop BS, thank you greedy capitalist publishers for prioritizing profit over fixing the game) things are going to overperform. When they do, they need to be nerfed.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm