The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

My new BiS build for mag dk if this new patch goes live

Nelson_Rebel
Nelson_Rebel
✭✭✭✭✭
Respec all skill points all into crafting

That is all.

P.S.- @Wrobel

I'm thoroughly impressed, I did not think you could decimate a class so completely and with so much bias as you have done to the magic Dk spec.

Bravo, truly.

Yours with warm seething hatred
-Rebel
Edited by Nelson_Rebel on January 26, 2018 12:34AM
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only battle roar restored ancestor silk
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krathos wrote: »

Lolol

Let's get a passive for extra material return haha

then subsequently nerf it to be less than the base level material return for everyone else

#inthemindofZoS
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on January 26, 2018 1:14AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol that actually made me laugh :)
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, 5 piece warden

rip decibel
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    *signed*

-Bighanson
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they want people to play warden
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is the worst crafter though. It takes too long to get to stations. I will die of old age before I can actually craft due to slowness.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is all.

P.S.- @Wrobel

I'm thoroughly impressed, I did not think you could decimate a class so completely and with so much bias as you have done to the magic Dk spec.

Bravo, truly.

-Rebel

Nah still worse to be a Stam DK in pvp
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK: the only thing Wrobel hates more than Templar.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

LOL
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will be a buff if you have never enjoyed playing a MagDK.
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bighanson wrote: »
    *signed*

-Bighanson

*signed

-Helios777
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    haha, my mDK is already my main crafter...

this will be a buff if you payed for Morrowind and can switch to Warden

p.s.
    I will spam the *** out of people with my undodgeable birds. Just to annoy them. Seems soo many were salty that Power Lash was useful...
    Edited by coplannb16_ESO on January 26, 2018 6:47AM
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is funny cause dk is also the worst crafter out of the 5 classes :lol:
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A typical example of a player who does not want to adapt, therefore jumps from class to class. Keep it up! :)
    Everything is viable
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    For pve dk maybe. PVP dk there is no nerf tbh. One buff on amount of powerlashes, fix off wings and then a nerf/fix on powerlash.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    For pve dk maybe. PVP dk there is no nerf tbh. One buff on amount of powerlashes, fix off wings and then a nerf/fix on powerlash.

The niche, that is PvP, is not relevant to us endgame PvEers. The class is unplayably dead and in a worse state than magWarden.

You will always find a way in pvp. This change must not happen!
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭

That is all.

P.S.- @Wrobel

Bravo, truly.

-Rebel

Now you know how Stam Sorcs felt for a loooong time.
    #SavePlayer1
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/Wrobel

How about when you demo the new dungeons on esolive, run them hard mode for us with 4 mag dks and no dev hacks!

• DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

died
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be a buff if you need a free character slot, to get that Level-Up-Advisor-Only horse and storage chest and other stuff!
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »
    A typical example of a player who does not want to adapt, therefore jumps from class to class. Keep it up! :)

A typical example of a player who generalises and makes assumptions based on questionable knowledge. I for my part main mDK since beta.

There is no nerf in PvP? Oh, I didnt know I could still keep off-balance up 100% of the time in PvP and Power Lash without cooldown or having it evaded by everyone and their mother.
    -_-

edit: and to clarify [snip] I can do exactly that on live. Engage me at range I reflect, engage me in melee, have fun standing in my Storm Blockade while beeing keept off-balance by my charged lightning staff + shock enchant while I whip the hell out of you.
    basically that is the class philosophy, stand your ground class and all... well, no more.

[Edited to remove inappropriate comment]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 26, 2018 4:02PM
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Lmfao I guess mag dk's will be back to having 35k health and wearing duroks+fassalas; spamming talons in 48man groups
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A typical example of a player who generalises and makes assumptions based on questionable knowledge. I for my part main mDK since beta.

There is no nerf in PvP? Oh, I didnt know I could still keep off-balance up 100% of the time in PvP and Power Lash without cooldown or having it evaded by everyone and their mother.
    -_-

edit: and to clarify [snip] I can do exactly that on live. Engage me at range I reflect, engage me in melee, have fun standing in my Storm Blockade while beeing keept off-balance by my charged lightning staff + shock enchant while I whip the hell out of you.
    basically that is the class philosophy, stand your ground class and all... well, no more.

Your build did get nerfed, there is no way around that.

But your build would also have been made suboptimal if Power Lash was spammable (because Off Balance is no longer consumed, you just Fossilize->FL->PL->PL->PL->PL.... no need to proc glyphs or cast WoE or anything).

It's unfortunate, I hope there'll be some cool lightning staff DK builds in the future, or people find ways to make it useful again. I always thought they added a nice alternative to other DK builds and contributed to build diversity.

You needn't worry about "everyone evading" your PLs though, only stamina builds will attempt to do that and you can still land them if you time them right. I'm landing around 50-60% of PLs on PTS currently against stamina builds and that number can be improved (still getting used to the change, Fossilize->FL->PL is a bit too ingrained in muscle memory :lol: ).
    Yngol wrote: »
    Lmfao I guess mag dk's will be back to having 35k health and wearing duroks+fassalas; spamming talons in 48man groups

I'll be doing exactly what I did last patch on my mDK, except that dodge rollers will die slightly slower & block/dmg shield builds will die slightly faster and survivability against them will be better (thanks to 2x more frequent Power Lashes & Off Balance that isn't consumed immediately).

I don't know what all this fuss is about, maybe someone will explain it to me.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 26, 2018 4:03PM
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is all.

P.S.- @Wrobel

Bravo, truly.

-Rebel

This made me lol in work
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    I don't know what all this fuss is about, maybe someone will explain it to me.

Its about sustain in PvE.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes let's adapt on a class that AFTER morrowind nerfed all sustain and hit DK's the hardest we then SUBSEQUENTLY received

Battle roar massive nerf our ONLY form of sustain

Helping hands nerf

Petrify Nerf our ONLY CC which is also SINGLE target short range

The nerfs to Roots for a cooldown on all roots now

And now we further get Off balance nerfs, along with a Cooldown on power lash

POWER LASH which has additonal prerequisites of; first needing off-balance (now nerfed), talons which GIVE off-balance require you then to FIRST hit a normal flame lash, then the SECOND flame lash will be the proced power lash

An any point in this process a simple dodge roll nullifies this entire process, or a simple cleanse for a proced skill requiring 3 different effects before it even procs

So gtfo
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on January 26, 2018 3:19PM
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is your guyses Mag NB's going? Apparently they are the bee's knees in 2018. Maybe one of these years will be the year of the DK. 2020, Maybe?
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Grabmoore but Thats the off balance change Thats the problem.

Lightning staff dk's got nerfed Most other mdk builds are as strong as before against mot other players. Weaker against some medium builds and stronger against builds that cant dodge often.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    lulz magdk mains on suicide watch