The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

My new BiS build for mag dk if this new patch goes live

• Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »
    A typical example of a player who does not want to adapt, therefore jumps from class to class. Keep it up! :)

Yes let's adapt on a class that AFTER morrowind nerfed all sustain and hit DK's the hardest we then SUBSEQUENTLY received

Battle roar massive nerf our ONLY form of sustain

Helping hands nerf

Petrify Nerf our ONLY CC which is also SINGLE target short range

The nerfs to Roots for a cooldown on all roots now

And now we further get Off balance nerfs, along with a Cooldown on power lash

POWER LASH which has additonal prerequisites of; first needing off-balance (now nerfed), talons which GIVE off-balance require you then to FIRST hit a normal flame lash, then the SECOND flame lash will be the proced power lash

An any point in this process a simple dodge roll nullifies this entire process, or a simple cleanse for a proced skill requiring 3 different effects before it even procs

So gtfo

What are you trying to prove? Is the class unplayable? Unadaptable? Why do some people play DK and win, and others complain, how bad DK is?
    Maybe you'll create a topic about your class was destroyed? Oh, yes, we are already here :)
    I for my part main mDK since beta.

If this is true, I do not think that for you these changes will be a big problem. Your class experienced much more.
    Everything is viable
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    @Grabmoore but Thats the off balance change Thats the problem.

Lightning staff dk's got nerfed Most other mdk builds are as strong as before against mot other players. Weaker against some medium builds and stronger against builds that cant dodge often.

Again, I don't care how DKs will play in PvP next patch. The off balance change kill mDKs in end game PvE 100%. They were unwanted in current state and are absolutely incompetetive next patch. Even, if you Raid leads would allow you to join as a MagDK, they couldn't sustain any rotation at all. Noone would want a meele DD rocking maybe 30k DPS in any decent group.

For PvP, the stomp/block/whatever build will persist, but good enemies are rare to begin with. That's boring!

I'm sick of ZOS deleting class after class. First my MagPlar, now my MagDK... I surely won't play the ez mode boringness that is sorc. Here I am ranting and leveling a MagBlade. Beware everyone, that's the next class they will screw up :(
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also not a fan off that change i'm guessig They wanted to nerf ha stamdk and stamsorc. But magdk got the worst instead. :/
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK: the only thing Wrobel hates more than Templar.

I'd be ecstatic if magicka warden was buffed to magDK or magplar levels. Magicka warden is a sick joke.

I see other class mains crying all the time about nerfs, but just spend 5 minutes with a magicka warden and you'll think your DK or templar are OP as ***.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 26, 2018 6:51PM
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK: the only thing Wrobel hates more than Templar.

I'd be ecstatic if magicka warden was buffed to magDK or magplar levels. Magicka warden is a sick joke.

I see other class mains crying all the time about nerfs, but just spend 5 minutes with a magicka warden and you'll think your DK or templar are OP as ***.

Mag Warden can actually out-parse Mag DK's easily if played correctly. It's just that, for some reason, 99% of the playerbase is playing them wrong and not using optimal rotations. Also, they are ranged. Taking a magicka melee class into a trial is a huge liability.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    HAHA!
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lulz magdk mains on suicide watch

They have been on sw since 1.6. Only strong patch was the homestead changes (talons etc) but using broken stuff like OP desert rose, and pre root+sustain nerf.

Double rose mdk was on warden level, but that hot nerf bombed fast.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Put
    Put
    ✭✭✭
    You mean with DK's in general right? Both DK's are dead in PvP
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative

this video made me shiver.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the stars associated with the player making the comment.

Suddenly it becomes clear whom knows what's what.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sabbathius
    Sabbathius
    ✭✭✭✭

Way to break out the old measuring tape, my dude! Thing is, not everyone lives on this forum.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy..
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    That feel when you turn your DK into a pure crafter but realize they are even bottom tier in that at that due to no mobility. It's legitimately a completely useless class now lmao

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

lol that's some *** logic there bruv
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spamming the forums makes you an expert? Need to seriously up my post game.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krathos wrote: »
    If only battle roar restored ancestor silk

To be fair Battle Roar should restore all resources.

So when you pop an ult, it should give you one rubidite ingot, one ancestor silk and one rubedo leather per point of ultimate used.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should say that to yourself very slowly.

Then realize how big of a moron you look like right now.

Been playing ESO since launch, that doesn't mean I have to be on the forums to know how tf a game is played. SmH
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still love that video
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've disagree'd with me before and I have one more star than you. Does that mean I'm slightly more right? :grin: There are lots of people that know much more about this game than me, or have put in much more effort explaining the underpinnings of this game in a clear and logical manner. Forum stars are like flavor text. Not the best judge of anything other than how much of your life you have wasted trying to create a bit of signal in a sea of noise.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 29, 2018 6:16AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    krathos wrote: »
    If only battle roar restored ancestor silk

To be fair Battle Roar should restore all resources.

So when you pop an ult, it should give you one rubidite ingot, one ancestor silk and one rubedo leather per point of ultimate used.

now that would be a good stamDK buff.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've disagree'd with me before and I have one more star than you. Does that mean I'm slightly more right? :grin: There are lots of people that know much more about this game than me, or have put in much more effort explaining the underpinnings of this game in a clear and logical manner. Forum stars are like flavor text. Not the best judge of anything other than how much of your life you have wasted trying to create a bit of signal in a sea of noise.

Woah man, speak for yourself. I value my self worth by how many stars I have on the ESO forums. ;)
    PC NA

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile I am sitting here on my new Altmer magDK, happy that the coming patch won't affect roleplaying ^^
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For pve dk maybe. PVP dk there is no nerf tbh. One buff on amount of powerlashes, fix off wings and then a nerf/fix on powerlash.

what about lash going through dodgeroll? That's a clear nerf
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    For pve dk maybe. PVP dk there is no nerf tbh. One buff on amount of powerlashes, fix off wings and then a nerf/fix on powerlash.

what about lash going through dodgeroll? That's a clear nerf

It reads in his post:

"One buff on amount of powerlashes, fix off wings and then a nerf/fix on powerlash."

Overall, DKs are getting buffed in PvP (from theorycrafting perspective & based on what I could test things on PTS, i.e. duels) thanks to being able to whip twice as often.

Dodge rollers may be able to live a couple seconds longer now (depends on how well you time your abilities), where as block builds & dmg shield builds that can't dodge roll much will be much easier to kill thanks to 2x more Power Lashes (which helps your dmg, survivability and sustain against these builds).
    And you won't be consuming Off Balance, which means 10% dmg from Exploiter passive even after PL (if you had 75 points in Thauma).

It's a buff against builds mDK struggles against, and a nerf against builds that are currently just free AP.
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭

From what I've seen stars just correlate with people who complain the most on forums.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kinda funny. DKs used to have an undodgeable spammable, an undodgeable DoT and an undodgeable unblockable stun. Don't you think its a bit too much against medium armor builds?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Meanwhile I am sitting here on my new Altmer magDK, happy that the coming patch won't affect roleplaying ^^

You are in luck, it is BiS there o:)
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are all the magdk players QQing so hard? we get it zos has nerfed your class but no need to open a thread every 30 minutes
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    why are all the magdk players QQing so hard? we get it zos has nerfed your class but no need to open a thread every 30 minutes

I dunno maybe because the class has been pretty trash PvE wise for ages and we are tired of it?

With the same penetration setups, stam DDs are like 8k-10k higher dps than magDK. Considering it's been like this since Morrowind, it will be a full year until the next patch comes around where we can hope for a reason to bring magDK into a raid again. (We may not even get something to sort that out in the next update either tbh)
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear