The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think would be an appopriate lore friendly Telvanni mount?

Gothren
Gothren
✭✭✭✭✭
I see alot of guars in morrowind so im thinking that might be a great pick for a telvanni wizard mount. However, telvanni mages are known to dabble in dwemer artifcats, necromancy, and daedra. It might make sense for them to be riding a dwemer spider mount, undead horse mount, knightmare mount, etc.

I don't know what do you guys think? I can't decide.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of those fancy atronach mounts will do, but I don't see why Telvanni wizard can't ride a regular horse or guar. You can be a powerful mage, but look like a common person. A matter of personal choice, yes?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real Telvanni don't ride anywhere. They levitate, they use Almsivi Intervention, and Mark and Recall spells.

But since this isn't the glory days of TES III: Morrowind, I suggest a Nix-ox. Because giant fleas are awesome and they're tall enough to keep your wizard robes from tailing in the mud.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    Any of those fancy atronach mounts will do, but I don't see why Telvanni wizard can't ride a regular horse or guar. You can be a powerful mage, but look like a common person. A matter of personal choice, yes?

aren't dunmers too short for horses though
    Reverb wrote: »
    Argonian

thats cruel lol
    Edited by Gothren on January 23, 2018 10:53PM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely a couple of argonians carrying a seat.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Kashiwagi
    Kashiwagi
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I'll pay 10k crowns for that.

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kashiwagi wrote: »
    I'll pay 10k crowns for that.

I'll pay 15k.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm inclined to agree palanquin would probably be the way to go, if they couldn't teleport. In general, however, I don't see Telvanni wizards - the powerful, high-ranking ones at least - traveling much at all. As a group they seem the sort to make someone below them do the traveling for them.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm inclined to agree palanquin would probably be the way to go, if they couldn't teleport. In general, however, I don't see Telvanni wizards - the powerful, high-ranking ones at least - traveling much at all. As a group they seem the sort to make someone below them do the traveling for them.

Pretty much. Unlike the Redoran and Hlaalu councilors, the Telvanni councilors don't actually meet. Their Mouths do.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mouth
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    Why? They are not Bosmers after all, and even them don't have a problem to ride a horse, right?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dunmer are about as tall as Imperials. As for Telvanni mounts, I am using a Dwemer spider, an Atronach mount will do too, but remember that the Telvanni aren't very "flashy" so a normal guar/horse/nix-ox would do just fine.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on January 24, 2018 2:30PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Dunmer are about as tall as Imperials. As for Telvanni mounts, I am using a Dwemer spider, an Atronach mount will do too, but remember that the Telvanni aren't very "flashy" so a normal guar/horse/nix-ox would do just fine.

hey thx for your response. I think im leaning more toward a guar or the dwarven spider. im not a big fan of the atronach mounts.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I must get out, I simply conjure up a skeletal horse. Why earn loyalty like the commoners when you can simply crush the free will of a tortured soul?

For you uneducated N’wahs: Yes, House Telvanni does indeed practice necromancy. To quote the unabridged edition of Ancestors and the Dunmer:

“Telvanni "Necromancy"
    The Telvanni are adept masters of necromancy. They do not, however, practice necromancy upon the remains of Dark Elves. Sane Telvanni regard such practices with loathing and righteous anger. They do practice necromancy upon the remains of animals and upon the remains of Humans, Orcs, and Argonians -- who are technically no more than animals in Morrowind.”

When no-one is looking, however, I cast Tinur’s Hoptoad and leap gracefully across Tamriel.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I must get out, I simply conjure up a skeletal horse. Why earn loyalty like the commoners when you can simply crush the free will of a tortured soul?

For you uneducated N’wahs: Yes, House Telvanni does indeed practice necromancy. To quote the unabridged edition of Ancestors and the Dunmer:

“Telvanni "Necromancy"
    The Telvanni are adept masters of necromancy. They do not, however, practice necromancy upon the remains of Dark Elves. Sane Telvanni regard such practices with loathing and righteous anger. They do practice necromancy upon the remains of animals and upon the remains of Humans, Orcs, and Argonians -- who are technically no more than animals in Morrowind.”

When no-one is looking, however, I cast Tinur’s Hoptoad and leap gracefully across Tamriel.

So...a palanquin carried by undead Argonians?
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 26, 2018 11:39AM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teleportation and levitation. :D
  • uGGo7
    uGGo7
    Well since Mark & Recall, Levitation and argonian slaves carrying you isn't an option, I'd go for either some kind of undead/atronach horse (since most Telvanni wizards have a knack for necromancy and summoning), Nix-Ox (really looks like something grown for Morrowind ashlands), Guar (typical mount among the dunmer, but Telvanni aren't your typical dunmers) or dwarven spider (if your character has interest in dwemer mechanics, not every Telvanni have)
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A shroom beetle :-)
  • LordSylvestrion
    I think the best Telvanni mount is a portal or a couch. Because A: Portal because that's just convenient for them. B: Couch because they don't leave their mushroom towers anyway. So best get a couch to sit comfortably cause you won't be going far. You'll just get someone else to go there for you. xD
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certain Telvanni have big interests in dwemer technology they can employ dwemer spiders as mount, otherwise they prefer teleportation and levitation.

Also, Divayth Fyr have horse named Xyldan
    The King, not knowing very well of the Dunmer traditions and culture, offered one of his finest steeds to me when I began my service in Cyrodil. Had this grand beast been found in Vvardenfel, it may very well have been on a spit above a well tendered firepit. However, having been in the service and presence of the Empire these past couple of years, I have grown to appreciate and respect these beasts which are so foreign to me, other than on a plate with fine herbs. I respectfully accepted this gift and promised a good life for it. This "horse", which I titled Xyldan, has since become more than a tool. Xyldan and I have bonded and I am honored to have such a friend as he. I have known many Dunmer who have befriended guar, and for this, I thought them silly. I now understand this bond and it is far from silly. I may be older than many pines of the north, but it is never too late for an old Dunmer to learn and find sense in that of which he never thought so. So then, Xyldan and I now traveled together west, home.
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/return-fellow-scholar
    Edited by Konstant_Tel_Necris on February 18, 2018 10:43PM
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certain Telvanni have big interests in dwemer technology they can employ dwemer spiders as mount, otherwise they prefer teleportation and levitation.

Also, Divayth Fyr have horse named Xyldan
    The King, not knowing very well of the Dunmer traditions and culture, offered one of his finest steeds to me when I began my service in Cyrodil. Had this grand beast been found in Vvardenfel, it may very well have been on a spit above a well tendered firepit. However, having been in the service and presence of the Empire these past couple of years, I have grown to appreciate and respect these beasts which are so foreign to me, other than on a plate with fine herbs. I respectfully accepted this gift and promised a good life for it. This "horse", which I titled Xyldan, has since become more than a tool. Xyldan and I have bonded and I am honored to have such a friend as he. I have known many Dunmer who have befriended guar, and for this, I thought them silly. I now understand this bond and it is far from silly. I may be older than many pines of the north, but it is never too late for an old Dunmer to learn and find sense in that of which he never thought so. So then, Xyldan and I now traveled together west, home.
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/return-fellow-scholar

don't have the dwemer spider mount yet. have to wait until it goes on sale. im using the zombie horse now as I believe a necromancy type mount would suit a telvanni mage at least until i acquire the other mount.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A throne supported by two Argonians?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Levitate, Mark, and Recall, of course...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any mount will really do. A Telvanni doesn´t care, as long as he likes it and it´s useful. From a horse, guar, or some giant insect from Morrowind, to a daedric atronacht or dwemer mount, anything will do (even that awesome suggestion of the palanquin carried by undead argonians :D ).
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Animated walking Mushroom
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    A throne supported by two Argonians?

nha, one is enough.

And the glamour of having two differently coloured argonians carrying you?
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish to see a flame throwing giant cobra.
    gods-of-egypt-24-gif-two-heads-are-better-than-one-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.gif

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Piggy back ride from their cleanest manservant
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    I wish to see a flame throwing giant cobra.

I prefer Shai-Hulud.
    Sheeanaandworm.JPG

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »
    Piggy back ride from their cleanest manservant

Sorry Stibbons :smile:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.