The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Doubt: Outfit Station: PTS Players.

joaaocaampos
joaaocaampos
✭✭✭✭✭
What's the price of the Outfit Stations (Writ Vouchers)? Same price for the current Dye Station, right?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC the new Outfit station is 1500 wv, and dye station is 30 wv.

PC EU
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait. Dye stations are still for sale on the PTS?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wait. Dye stations are still for sale on the PTS?

They work like outfit station, they just look different.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wrong. Dye stations are 35. Here' s the pics...

IIICvh9.jpg

PC EU
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wrong. Dye stations are 35. Here' s the pics...
    IIICvh9.jpg

Thank you! I just don't understand this high price! Overpriced!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words, get any dye stations for your home NOW before the February patch ... so that those auto-convert to an outfit station.

By the way, I've seen current dye stations (currently on Live) successfully convert to outfit stations in homes and guildhalls on PTS.

Furnishing Stations
    • Dye Stations found in homes are visually unchanged, but have been upgraded to the full Outfit Station functionality.
    • A new furnishing with the visual of the new Outfit station is now available on the new Master Writ achievement mediator, Faustina Curio, with all of the above associated functionality. Purchase is unlocked by completion of the Alliance Style Master achievement, which can be earned by learning all 9 of the starting racial styles (not including Imperial).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 20, 2018 12:00AM
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words, get any dye stations for your home NOW before the February patch ... so that those auto-convert to an outfit station.

That's what I'm going to do. From 35 to 1500? Not to mention that Outfit Stations will be present in all cities. As I said above, overpriced!
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did say on ESO Live a few minutes ago that they will be reducing the Outfit Station cost due to feedback here. To what, I'm not sure.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    They did say on ESO Live a few minutes ago that they will be reducing the Outfit Station cost due to feedback here. To what, I'm not sure.

Cool!
  • LadyLavender
    LadyLavender
    ✭✭
    I may be misunderstanding, but I thought just the visual was different on the new "outfitting" station? I had assumed that the dye stations would still be available as they are. Did they remove dye stations from the vendor entirely?
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dye stations are still available but any dye stations outside of player houses will become the new outfitting station.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »

I would hope so. A transmutation station costs 1250 wv and a attuneable craft station costs 250. I would expect them to be about the same as the craft stations.

https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, I've seen current dye stations (currently on Live) successfully convert to outfit stations in homes and guildhalls on PTS.

Furnishing Stations
    • Dye Stations found in homes are visually unchanged, but have been upgraded to the full Outfit Station functionality.
    • A new furnishing with the visual of the new Outfit station is now available on the new Master Writ achievement mediator, Faustina Curio, with all of the above associated functionality. Purchase is unlocked by completion of the Alliance Style Master achievement, which can be earned by learning all 9 of the starting racial styles (not including Imperial).

Good looking! Thanks all! Logging in tonight to pick mine up lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dye stations are still available but any dye stations outside of player houses will become the new outfitting station.

What will happen to the ones inside a players house?
    PS4NA

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TG I found this thread... Gonna buy one as soon as I get home
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All dye stations on Live will auto-convert to outfit stations, @Oakmontowls_ESO ... including current dye stations in homes. I included the natch potes for clarity.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 20, 2018 6:43PM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you buying beforehand? The cost of the Dye Station will remain the same no? It will just look like a dye station and not an outfit station. But it will still have the Outfit station functionality
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Why are you buying beforehand? The cost of the Dye Station will remain the same no? It will just look like a dye station and not an outfit station. But it will still have the Outfit station functionality

No, after the patch dye stations and outfit stations will be sold separately at the master writ vendor ... with the cost of the outfit stations (in vouchers) being significantly higher.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, after the patch dye stations and outfit stations will be sold separately at the master writ vendor ... with the cost of the outfit stations (in vouchers) being significantly higher.

I'm confused.

Why would we still need Dye Stations?

Can't you dye stuff at the Outfit Stations?
    PS4NA

• Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm confused.

Why would we still need Dye Stations?

Can't you dye stuff at the Outfit Stations?

You can also Outfit stuff at Dye Stations :P

They are exactly the same in function, the outfit station just costs an ungodly amount more.

On ESO live they mentioned that they were going to do something about it, so they'll probably change the OS cost to be the same/5 or so above the DS.

And the reason that they cant just replace the Dye station is because many people already have them in their homes, and the Outfit Station is bigger so it may not fit in the same space (or some people may just visually prefer the Dye Stations).
    Edited by Tyrobag on January 20, 2018 8:36PM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be safe you should buy a dye station now if you don't already have one. I have 2 on pc so not a problem. On ps4 I didn't. So fortunately I got a decent writ that I could actually do and got 50 vouchers out of it so I immediately bought a dye station.
  • shootatme80
    shootatme80
    ✭✭✭
    The dye station is the only one that up until now I have not purchased. With the increased functionality, I'm gonna break down and buy one, probably as soon as I log in. I'm hoping it'll change visually with the update, but as long as it works the same I'm happy.
    Xbone/NA
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

It doesn't really matter as they will work the same and you will be able to buy the dye station with the same amount of vouchers after the patch. They wont convert to the outfit station look but will have the same functionality. And you cant stock up on cheap outfit stations as they dont exist yet. You will just be stocking up on dye stations
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you place one in your home, you can pile stuff on top of it, wedge it in a tight corner, or whatever, so swapping the model would cause issues. Having both styles available (and doing the same job) sounds good to me. And if the new one is a more elaborate model, then a price differential is ok, too.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All dye stations on Live will auto-convert to outfit stations, @Oakmontowls_ESO ... including current dye stations in homes. I included the natch potes for clarity.

No they wont. Only dye stations outside player homes will convert. Dye stations in player homes will continue to remain dye stations. Please stop spreading misinformation.

The only way of getting an outfit station is to actually buy one after the patch.
    To clarify: their function will have outfits too, but visually they will remain dye stations.
    Edited by Carbonised on February 9, 2018 7:11AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

No they wont. Only dye stations outside player homes will convert. Dye stations in player homes will continue to remain dye stations. Please stop spreading misinformation.

The only way of getting an outfit station is to actually buy one after the patch.
    To clarify: their function will have outfits too, but visually they will remain dye stations.

Right! I know it's confusing, as I think some people are using the word convert to refer to the functionality of dye stations in homes.

To put into other words just to help clarify things:

1. You DO NOT need to purchase a dye station before the patch, unless you really want to. You will still be able to purchase dye stations after the patch, and they will continue to cost 35 WVs.

2. Dye stations that are already in homes at launch of the patch, will have their FUNCTIONALITY upgraded to include making outfits. They will remain dye stations in name and appearance, but you can create outfits as well as continue to use the previous dye functionality.

3. All dye stations in the world (outside of homes) will convert to outfits stations. They will have the look of outfit stations and function as outfit stations. You will also still be able to use them to dye things as before.

So, both dye stations and outfit stations will have the same functionality with the patch, but they will look different. You can continue to purchase dye stations at 35 WVs either because it's way cheaper or you like the look better or you don't have the space for the larger outfit station. Or, you can purchase an outfit station if you have 500 vouchers (lowered from 1500) and like the look of the outfit station better. There is absolutely no reason to buy an outfit station unless you like the look better and want to spend the vouchers, as the dye station will do the exact same thing and will still be available for purchase after the patch.

ETA: I think the reason the dye stations are staying is because they don't want the barrier to be too high for creating outfits, so people can still continue to spend 35 WVs on a dye station to create outfits. However, they created a great new outfit station and want players to have the opportunity to own one, but since it functions the same, it's purely aesthetic and so they decided to charge more. I think 500 is still too high - 350 (10x the dye station price) or even 250 (the price of an attunable) would be better. That's still a premium price, but more affordable for something that is purely a cosmetic difference.

I may purchase ONE in the future for my Amaya Lake Lodge workshop, as I'd easily have the space for it there. It wouldn't fit in any of my other crafting areas, though.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 9, 2018 6:48PM
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    It is confirmed that if you buy a dye station after the update and place it in your house, that the new dye station functionality will update to be an outfit station?

I understand that currently placed dye stations in housing will have their functionality updated but not their model/appearance.

Basically, is the increased cost of the outfit station purely because of a cosmetic difference, or will newly purchased dye stations remain only as dye stations in the next update - justifying the cost difference of 35 WV vs 500 WV?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Capsaica wrote: »
    It is confirmed that if you buy a dye station after the update and place it in your house, that the new dye station functionality will update to be an outfit station?

I understand that currently placed dye stations in housing will have their functionality updated but not their model/appearance.

Basically, is the increased cost of the outfit station purely because of a cosmetic difference, or will newly purchased dye stations remain only as dye stations in the next update - justifying the cost difference of 35 WV vs 500 WV?

Someone with access to PTS can easily test this and confirm. Just buy a dye station and if you can create an outfit in your home, then yes dye stations purchased after the update will function as outfit stations. I'm pretty sure folks have already done this, so if they can chime in, that would be great. I'll also try to get on PTS at some point this weekend and test. I play on console, but have a PC account (I'm a PC transfer to XB). I was on the PTS earlier when NA had their characters copied, but I never purchased a dye station.

ETA: I realize that the patch notes don't specifically say this (they only say that current stations in homes will upgrade in functionality). But, I'm sure that if dye stations purchased on PTS didn't function as outfit stations while those already in homes did, I would have read something about it somewhere in the various threads on outfits.

ETA2: While I am no coding expert, I think that if they were only upgrading the functionality on the dye stations in homes but retaining the look and name of dye stations, then new ones would also have the same functionality. Otherwise, wouldn't they have to insert some special coding to separate current dye stations in homes from dye stations purchased after the update? They're going to look the same and be called the same thing, so why would they code it so they have different functionality? Maybe they'll eventually phase out the regular dye stations, but again, I think they want to encourage people to use the outfit system. And while they will be all over Tamriel, people will still want to have that functionality at home. If there were only going to be outfit stations moving forward (with newly purchased dye stations only having dye functionality or eventually being removed) I think that the price of the outfit stations would be lower.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 9, 2018 7:14PM