The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Reverb everwhere

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
dueling used to he more diverse and fun all it is now is 1h and shield users using reverb bash to heal debuff and burn down. I dnt mind the playstyle as its needed against some opponents but how bout some diversity?

we know reverb bash is REALLLLY strong in 1v1 so can people like not use it?

Its like popping WW form in a duel. You will destroy the guy in seconds once transformed ( atleast i will )

We need a unwritten rule on this thing literally every person who stands to duel in dueling areas is 1h and shield. Kind of how like maulubeth was before nerf. If you had malubeth on before nerf people wouldnt even accept your duel. Lets start that trend again !

Balance/diversity please @ZoS

[Edit for inappropriate title]
Edited by [Deleted User] on January 17, 2018 2:51AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duels have degraded completely, there's nothing taboo any more.

I don't duel anymore
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't duel anymore

I can see why.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I drop 1h/S and equip Duroks Bane. :wink:
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just slot Heavy Armor, S&B & Clown King (maybe Noobspawn if you're feeling super unique) and see who can hold block longer.

Duels are a [snip] mess these days.
    Edited by DDuke on January 16, 2018 9:06PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The balance in PvP is purely based around group play. Solo play, even 1v1s, are horribly balanced atm. That’s pretty much why 1vX is no longer possible unless you are fighting low CP new players who hand the wins to you.

It’s no secret why the PvP population is doing poorly even when comparing it to how it was when Clockwork City launched.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't duel anymore

Till you get into that BG with troll king-guard spamming Stam builds lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So heal debuff aren’t allowed in duels anymore? Rofl....
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since Major defile is one those things that can help finish a duel, that's actually something I'd keep while removing defensive options to avoid countless stalemates.

#ButMaybeThatsJustMe
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Since Major defile is one those things that can help finish a duel, that's actually something I'd keep while removing defensive options to avoid countless stalemates.

#ButMaybeThatsJustMe

Definitely agree with this, it's more a problem of S&B & sets like TK overperforming than a problem with Defile (these builds also tend to almost always run Rev Bash).

As it stands, these builds deal the same damage as medium armor damage focused builds, while also being insanely tanky behind block & TK regen.

To have that kind of tankiness, S&B builds should take a bigger hit to their dmg output in my opinion (allowing them to actually get pressured by damage focused builds).
    Edited by DDuke on January 16, 2018 10:04PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Just slot Heavy Armor, S&B & Clown King (maybe Noobspawn if you're feeling super unique) and see who can hold block longer.

Duels are a [snip] mess these days.

^
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to enjoy duels, but they are not cool anymore for me. Surprised that so many ppl think same.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be over here, standing in mines behind 2 pets and spamming shields, plz come reverb me.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they went through with the nerf they gave reverb in the IC patch initially. They removed the stun, because it already deals dmg (albeit not much) but major defile is a huge deal and having an ability do that, stun and dmg is too much imo. No wonder its basically mandatory in duels.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    I'll be over here, standing in mines behind 2 pets and spamming shields, plz come reverb me.

When cancer meets aids.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, reverb is fine. It’s the befoul passive that goes a bit over the top (and still doesn’t affect troll king) that’s the problem
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb itself is perfectly fine.
    Befoul overperforms.

Also 2h dizzy swing /w.blow playstyle is terrible for anything but pug stomping so SnB is popular in a higher skill enviroment.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 17, 2018 12:34AM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TK is “over performing” in duels on a playstyle with a poo excuse for a burst heal. While mag builds spamming those immobs, dmg and cc through dodge roll negating crit dmg with a simple button push.

TK isn’t over performing, warden, nb and befoul are over performing, but let’s be honest something is always gonna be overperforming, which is why it becomes the meta. But it definitely isn’t TK.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do we ban Wardens for having Corrupting Pollen as well?

How about Nightblades with Incap?

There are plenty of sources of Major Defile in the game, and not all of them come with the caveat of cutting your damage output with a sword and shield.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

There are plenty of sources of Major Defile in the game, and not all of them come with the caveat of cutting your damage output with a sword and shield.

Personally I was thinking of things such as:

Warden Pre casting Shalk during the duel count down
    Using EoTS immediately then T-bagging if it happens to work even if it wasn't the first 3 tries
    Resource Poisons
    Blessed
    Full on Tank builds with 0 interest in even trying to kill
    Soul Assault esp within the first few seconds of combat (poor medium builds)

Stuff like that, things that once were universally accepted as ... Low.
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 17, 2018 2:04AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Personally I was thinking of things such as:

Warden Pre casting Shalk during the duel count down
    Using EoTS immediately then T-bagging if it happens to work even if it wasn't the first 3 tries
    Resource Poisons
    Blessed
    Full on Tank builds with 0 interest in even trying to kill
    Soul Assault esp within the first few seconds of combat (poor medium builds)

Stuff like that, things that once were universally accepted as ... Low.

How about tab targeting a pet Sorc and then doing nothing but bow light attacks with Shield Breaker?
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I wish they went through with the nerf they gave reverb in the IC patch initially. They removed the stun, because it already deals dmg (albeit not much) but major defile is a huge deal and having an ability do that, stun and dmg is too much imo. No wonder its basically mandatory in duels.

Its basically like Incap but with about half the damage and an even more buggy stun. And its not an ultimate.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    The balance in PvP is purely based around group play. Solo play, even 1v1s, are horribly balanced atm. That’s pretty much why 1vX is no longer possible unless you are fighting low CP new players who hand the wins to you.

It’s no secret why the PvP population is doing poorly even when comparing it to how it was when Clockwork City launched.

Doesn't the reduced ability to 1vX indicate there's more balance?

Dunno about PC but PS4 pvp seems to be boom lately.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You rang?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »

Its basically like Incap but with about half the damage and an even more buggy stun. And its not an ultimate.

Reverbs defile also lasts 40% longer

PC EU
    PvP only
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't duel anymore

And nothing should be taboo, if it's in the game it's fair to use it ... Game should be balanced enough to be able to counter stuff ... Will you have to go away rejig your own skills and playstyle , probably, but any that the point of duals ... To learn to beat your opponent

Seems too many people here think duals should be something where you can dictate what skills your opponent uses

Personally I think all duals should be done naked with no skills or weapons ... Only light n heavy fist attacks

I'm kidding about the last bit
    Edited by SugaComa on January 17, 2018 10:39AM
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, nerf reverberating bash.

Wreking blow is already under the ground, reliability wise.

Everyone screaming on the forum Heavy armor is overpowered.

I will simple give my stamDK an old beating regular stick, wearing no armor and come to duel you big guys.

Then what? WIll you feel godlike? Satisfied?
    Izaki wrote: »

This is simply misleading.

Incap and SurpiseAttack are simply two of the best skills in the game whatsoever.
    But this community is so lucky having people like you and Guilliamtherogue defending Nightblades from the nerf hammer no matter what JUST BECAUSE IT'S YOUR CLASS.

This thread and most of this forum is just: DON'T NERF ME, NERF HIM!!

Edited by ChildOfLight on January 17, 2018 11:48AM
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

When cancer meets aids.

Wait until you meet 4pet wall of elements mines super pathogen.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just set the terms of the duel before you fight, if the person doesn't agree then you don't fight?

You can find players who are like minded and want the same rules or fights. I
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

I don't duel anymore

And nothing should be taboo, if it's in the game it's fair to use it ... Game should be balanced enough to be able to counter stuff ... Will you have to go away rejig your own skills and playstyle , probably, but any that the point of duals ... To learn to beat your opponent

Seems too many people here think duals should be something where you can dictate what skills your opponent uses

Personally I think all duals should be done naked with no skills or weapons ... Only light n heavy fist attacks

Whats the point of dueling if you have to wear equipment and skill loadouts that work in only the dueling scenario just to have that beaten by a specifically tailored countersetup?

The result of the duel is 99% predetermind by build and skill choices in relation to your opponents class at this point. There is no learning to beat an opponent in actual combat involved anymore. That´s decided on the drawingboard before you go to town on your victim.
    Edited by Derra on January 17, 2018 12:02PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    SugaComa wrote: »

I don't duel anymore

Whats the point of dueling if you have to wear equipment and skill loadouts that work in only the dueling scenario just to have that beaten by a specifically tailored countersetup?

The result of the duel is 99% predetermind by build and skill choices in relation to your opponents class at this point. There is no learning to beat an opponent in actual combat involved anymore. That´s decided on the drawingboard before you go to town on your victim.

Kind of my point ... Well done.