The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Reverb everwhere

• Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not just the defile that makes reverb strong... it is the CC... it allows for constant pressure on the other players stamina pool due to having to break free.... not that that matters much with CP being such a crutch in terms of resource management.

I agree though with OP statement... it honestly feels like other DPS skills need to actually do more damage... 2handed and dual wield should do a lot more damage than sword and board to make up for the fact that they don't have access to major defile...

OR

Tone down the heals bro.. in fact, for those that play CP, remove the extra healing in the CP tree... it breaks healing.

CP enabled PvP is just so broken... literally can have someone in execute range for several seconds and yet their heals are out healing execute... makes no sense.... all because heals are broken.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Duels have degraded completely, there's nothing taboo any more.

I don't duel anymore

And nothing should be taboo, if it's in the game it's fair to use it ... Game should be balanced enough to be able to counter stuff ... Will you have to go away rejig your own skills and playstyle , probably, but any that the point of duals ... To learn to beat your opponent

Seems too many people here think duals should be something where you can dictate what skills your opponent uses

Personally I think all duals should be done naked with no skills or weapons ... Only light n heavy fist attacks

I'm kidding about the last bit

Whats the point of dueling if you have to wear equipment and skill loadouts that work in only the dueling scenario just to have that beaten by a specifically tailored countersetup?

The result of the duel is 99% predetermind by build and skill choices in relation to your opponents class at this point. There is no learning to beat an opponent in actual combat involved anymore. That´s decided on the drawingboard before you go to town on your victim.

Kind of my point ... Well done.

well you said duels were to learn to fight your opponent.
    I said you don´t have to duel to learn that.

Where did we make the same point?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Since Major defile is one those things that can help finish a duel, that's actually something I'd keep while removing defensive options to avoid countless stalemates.

#ButMaybeThatsJustMe

^This.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Since Major defile is one those things that can help finish a duel, that's actually something I'd keep while removing defensive options to avoid countless stalemates.

#ButMaybeThatsJustMe

The concept of Major Defile is fine.

That a very powerful debuff can be 100% applied by a spammable skill that stuns (which is a **** to CC break) and can be amped to crazy amounts by an overtuned champion star makes it abusive.

Set like Durok's Bane that perma apply it are also abusive.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SugaComa see I come from a time when both players met each other in some remote part of Cyrodiil, ult dumped, jumped twice indicate ready and then would proceed to fight.

Once the dueling option was created a lot of these formalities where used, slowly as more and more players T-Bagged, pre charged ults etc, the more it spread.

Till now, where you see the same thing over and over that's only viable in a duel.

You talk as if there aren't roots that are disappointed we even have to point it out
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 18, 2018 12:32AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling is for learning and testing only. Don't bother with it for anything else, least of all stroking your e-peen.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why dueling is lame. It’s not about counterplay but completely about theorycrafting builds that are useless everywhere else but in a 1v1 and are made to be ridiculous. I mean from a strategy perspective that’s great planning though! Hats off to those builds.

I have an idea. You want to see who is the best at dueling? Wear no armor and use only class skills with one non ult heal from any skill line and fight only the same class. Then, take the winner of that and put them against another class. Still no armor and only class skills (with one heal only). There, now you can judge who is the super duper bestest. Or cry that another class is OP when you lose. Lol.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is not, and should not be, balanced around duels.

If you want balanced duels, find/start a community to have them--but don't expect much, as you gradually eliminate the strongest moves and end up with a sustain-to-stalemate meta. And any attempt to regulate the general population that sends/accepts duel invites around crowded wayshrines is going to be laughably unsuccessful.

(But yeah, reverb is super strong 1v1, especially in an honest duel with no LOS).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SugaComa see I come from a time when both players met each other in some remote part of Cyrodiil, ult dumped, jumped twice indicate ready and then would proceed to fight.

Once the dueling option was created a lot of these formalities where used, slowly as more and more players T-Bagged, pre charged ults etc, the more it spread.

Till now, where you see the same thing over and over that's only viable in a duel.

You talk as if there aren't roots that are disappointed we even have to point it out

I get roots n that we had such gentleman's rules in socom when opposing team out numbered such as going pistols only , no grenades when 1v1

New players need to be either instructed in the unwritten rules or you yourself need to adapt

Personally I'm for adapting

I love dual and although I lose many it's nice seeing how someone has a rotation on can destroy me in seconds only for me to switch out a few skill rechallange and beat them

I've hate messages and the whole how are you doing that ... Simple ... I learn and adapt so should you

As my grandfather said

If your competitors are getting better and your staying the same , you will fall behind the lead eventually
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major defile and reverb should stay the way they are. The effectiveness goes way down when you encounter Templars that cleanse it and just out heal you, Nightblades that cloak and just disengage and heal to full, Wardens that have crazy speed and zip around and heal through everything with 5 seconds cooldown on trees, Sorcs that can just shield stack for days and run you out of resources, and Dragonknights that turtle up and trade reverbs with you so it becomes an out sustain game. Also, opponents can just straight up block reverb and no stun or healing debuff gets applied.

You already lose a ton of damage when going sword and board vs using a bow or dual wield. Please stop calling for nerfs to something that has counterplay and trade offs for usage.

Kills in pvp center around burst damage and reverb's CC is a vital component to give that window to line up your combo to burst someone down. Also, defile adds up to higher total pressure to help fights end. Extended fights happen all the time when you encounter groups that heal for 10 minutes straight, chain Earthgore and Guard each other. Defile, stuns, and aoe defile can barely slow these well organized groups down.

Please leave the skill and sets alone. If you are getting reverbed spammed it is because you are not using movement and line of sight properly. Dueling is good practice but does not simulate real PVP. In dueling tournaments people bring their cheesiest setups that would underperform in open world pvp or group pvp.
    Edited by Skoomah on January 19, 2018 11:21AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get roots n that we had such gentleman's rules in socom when opposing team out numbered such as going pistols only , no grenades when 1v1

New players need to be either instructed in the unwritten rules or you yourself need to adapt

Personally I'm for adapting

I love dual and although I lose many it's nice seeing how someone has a rotation on can destroy me in seconds only for me to switch out a few skill rechallange and beat them

I've hate messages and the whole how are you doing that ... Simple ... I learn and adapt so should you

As my grandfather said

If your competitors are getting better and your staying the same , you will fall behind the lead eventually

What happens is everyone becomes a 1v1 mNB or 1v1 mDK and there's absolutely nothing to be gained by fighting them. Not only will you not encounter these builds in Open World, there won't be anything to practice.

It's like racing a dragster and then expecting to learn something on drifting.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should all be thankful you don't have to deal with DAOC's version of healing debuffs

AKA an Interrupt System.

Imagine if every time you were touched, by ...basically anything when casting a heal.. you were interrupted for 3 seconds and couldn't cast anything.

Now imagine virtually every heal in the game was a Castable and not instant cast save for a few long cooldown ones.

So yea...