The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Rank your favorite BG game types

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Deathmatch
    2. Deathmatch
    3. Deathmatch
    4. Deathmatch
    5. Deathmatch

Everything else is utter trash and can be removed or put into some other playlist.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • AkromaAngelOfWrath
    AkromaAngelOfWrath
    ✭✭✭
    1. Deathmatch
    2. There are no other battleground types I enjoy
    Edited by AkromaAngelOfWrath on February 5, 2018 11:14PM
    I'm laughing at your epeen
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. the type where i dont get matched against a premade

2. Everything else besides flag running without actual fighting
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bloodthirst is strong with this bunch. Any mode that requires actual group tactics is fun for me, nothing more boring IMO than just running around focused soley on getting more kills than the other teams.

I fully support a new match making system so those players can focus on their kdr and strategic players don't get stuck with players who treat every mode like DM. Pvp means COMPETING against another human player, why it's been reduced to just out killing another player here blows my mind.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont consider what ESO has for battlegrounds to be battlegrounds and the pvp is actually pretty terrible. I only do it, because i need the points. If i want to pvp, ill go play a real pvp game. But my rankings of the arena system masquerading as battlegrounds:

1) Crazy Kings =because it has objectives and it can be played strategically.
    2) Domination = Sort of like crazy kings with more " lets just run around and kill people"
    3) Capture the relic = Getting away from strategy and now towards ability spam.
    4) Chaosball = Pretty much a blobfest
    5) Deathmatch = kill everything that moves with no thought, strategy, or tactics whatsoever.

I dont consider spamming a CC and then two abilities repeatedly while hopping around like a frog to be pvp, That something i would expect in a game like ( throwback here) mortal kombat against an 8 year old. Wow does battlegrounds way better than ESO and sadly even the PVP is better. Its pretty hard to not be better than WoW at pvp, you have to try for that accomplishment.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    The bloodthirst is strong with this bunch. Any mode that requires actual group tactics is fun for me, nothing more boring IMO than just running around focused soley on getting more kills than the other teams.

I fully support a new match making system so those players can focus on their kdr and strategic players don't get stuck with players who treat every mode like DM. Pvp means COMPETING against another human player, why it's been reduced to just out killing another player here blows my mind.

For me competing in PvP in ESO is getting kills, what else is there? Strategic combat? There is no such thing in ESO, if i want to outthink my opponent i go play a game of chess.

I came in a relic match against a NB who just used cloak, tried stealing the relic and if he failed he ran off. Thats no fun to me...
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1-dominion
    2f- everything else except deathmatch
    5-deathmatch

I hate them all except dominion because I need that gamemode for the achievement I want. I think I hate deathmatch the most though because I don't like games where there's no nonkilling overarching objective.
    Please let us queue for a particular gamemode. I'd rather wait a 30min queue than play 15 games in a row of the mode I don't want.
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on February 11, 2018 3:56PM
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »

For me competing in PvP in ESO is getting kills, what else is there? Strategic combat? There is no such thing in ESO, if i want to outthink my opponent i go play a game of chess.

I came in a relic match against a NB who just used cloak, tried stealing the relic and if he failed he ran off. Thats no fun to me...

Hey have at it! Just understand that there are pvper's who don't find mindlessly running around simply trying to outkill their opponents fun. I couldn't care less about kdr or how many kills I got UNLESS it's a DM.

I enjoy modes that require intelligence and tactics, simple as that. If I only wanted to run around killing everything with little thought I'd go back to playing cod.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »

Hey have at it! Just understand that there are pvper's who don't find mindlessly running around simply trying to outkill their opponents fun. I couldn't care less about kdr or how many kills I got UNLESS it's a DM.

I enjoy modes that require intelligence and tactics, simple as that. If I only wanted to run around killing everything with little thought I'd go back to playing cod.

Intelligence and tactics works well if you’re a premade fighting other premades.

If you solo queue and have two CP180s on your team, or two nigbtblades of any CP lvl in your team, you’re not going to win. Better to just have fun in those scenarios.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Crazy King
    2. Deathmatch
    3. CTR
    4. Chaosball
    5. Domination
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Crazy King
    2. Chaosball
    3. Deathmatch
    4. Domination
    5. Capture the Relic
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    STRONG preference for good ol' classic [Team] Deathmatch!

Then Domination can be some fun, with a competent group...

Finally, I just absolutely do not care for Capture the Relic. Just really annoying, but will roll with it for the AP soon when it is laid before me...

It has to end there for me, at least for now, because I haven't had a single Battlegrounds match since they started adding the new modes and arenas...so I cannot speak for those.
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Crazy King
    2. Chaosball
    3. Deathmatch
    4. CTR
    5. Domination
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually changed my order :smile:

1. Crazy King
    2. Domination
    3. Capture the Relic
    4. Chaosball
    5. Deathmatch (I find those to be a slaughter most of the times due to teams unbalance having a huge impact on this gameplay)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chasoball above all. Then I simply don´t care... A few more thousands of chaosball games and I will finally get halve the "Walk it off" achievement :D
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chasoball above all. Then I simply don´t care... A few more thousands of chaosball games and I will finally get halve the "Walk it off" achievement :D

It took me ages to get that on my mageblade. On my mag warden it took about 6 weeks
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 28, 2018 7:20PM
  • Putinof
    Putinof
    ✭✭
    I dont consider what ESO has for battlegrounds to be battlegrounds and the pvp is actually pretty terrible. I only do it, because i need the points. If i want to pvp, ill go play a real pvp game.

@Anotherone773 +1

But somehow i still cant get over WSG after all these years.. a well designed map, fun, and very addictive to play.. almost like AB!

Not that Wow PvP is great, but at least they got BG's right.

Eso doesnt have any battlegrounds imo, oh well.