The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Just Saw how MagSorcs are Ridiculously Easy for PvE!

bhagwad
bhagwad
✭✭✭✭
I've been a magplar player since the beginning. The only other toon I've played is a DK tank.

I've slowly improved my magplar DPS to 27k over the past few months. Painstakingly managing rotations. Buffs like major sorcery. Elemental drain. Channeled focus. Timing the skills right so that each is renewed at just the right time. Testing out gear. Full undaunted. Full mages guild for the passives. All passives (of course).

Last week I decided to roll a magsorc. Just to see what the fuss was about. I levelled her up with Dolmens, benefiting from the new life double XP event.

So I crafted a Julianos for her. Gave her my vMA lightning staff, with some infallible aether lying around, and slapped on this build from @Masel92 .

Basic dummy parse on first day: 25k DPS!!. Lol!

And this is:

1. Without Elemental Range fully levelled up.
2. Without Elemental Drain
3. Without Undaunted passives
4. Without Mages guild passives (I just unlocked inner light)
5. Without even unlocking all my class passives Some of them are still sitting at 48/49.

And this is a suboptimal set up since I've made modifications to get more health. By the time I level up undaunted and mages and unlock all the passives I'll be 30k DPS using just 5 skills!

It's unbelievable. This is a heavy attack build. I don't have to manage any buff other than major sorcery, and power surge takes care of that. 30 second duration! And I can do all this from range, without wasting mana on an expensive skill like puncturing sweeps to stay alive. Passive damage from pets will likely be very useful on the crystal stage of round 9 of vMA when I'm hiding behind a wall.

I never knew getting damage in ESO was so easy. Magsorcs for the win!

Update: I improved my rotations (same day), slotted ele drain, and I hit 32K DPS! I have never managed to break 30k with my magplar, even with full undaunted passives, and mage guild passives. In the video below, I haven't even morphed elemental rage!

It's just...wow. Unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdzZLtQCSVY
Edited by bhagwad on December 16, 2017 5:29AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 this becomes a #nerfsorc thread.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till you roll a magblade....
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that's why I'm seeing sorc-only runs now...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmh, did you try stam? But to make a fair comparison between stam and mag you would also need a healer with lightning woe and charged staff (18% more damage ) and then come back on the forum.

Btw you can actually also run something like that on a templer with similar results.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the rant about sorcs ever end? You do understand that several setups outparse sorc by 10k, right?! But no, you wont complain that stamNB is pulling 50k, or stamDK, or maybe magNB. I know its trendy to rant about sorcs, but dude, get a perspective.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds about right for ANY class below level 50. Welcome to scaling. Characters below level 40 will seem overpowered. Around 45 you'll start seeing drops in stats as you become closer to 50.

Case in point. I decided to roll a DK tank. Using 4pc Allesia and 5pc Hist Bark (replacing every 10 levels)

Level 1-30 - 43k-45K health
    Level 35-45 - 35k-38K health
    CP 445 - 32k health
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Sounds about right for ANY class below level 50. Welcome to scaling. Characters below level 40 will seem overpowered. Around 45 you'll start seeing drops in stats as you become closer to 50.

Case in point. I decided to roll a DK tank. Using 4pc Allesia and 5pc Hist Bark (replacing every 10 levels)

CP 445 - 32k health

If you reread the OP, you'll see that the sorc in question is level 50 (with a vMA staff), so scaling is not in play.

Also, while scaling does give rather generous bonuses to health pools, no scaling bonuses are ever applied to stamina or magicka pools. Health is really the most noticeable stat affected by scaling, to help newbies survive. In terms of damage output, sub-50's still do much less, mostly due to the unavailability of endgame gear at those levels and the lack of many key passives. And this is speaking from experience leveling new characters (with CP) of classes that I already have max level characters of.
    Edited by code65536 on December 16, 2017 12:49AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭

CP 445 - 32k health

My sorce is lvl 50 and CP 570. Why did you think that she was below character lvl 50?
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Will the rant about sorcs ever end? You do understand that several setups outparse sorc by 10k, right?! But no, you wont complain that stamNB is pulling 50k, or stamDK, or maybe magNB. I know its trendy to rant about sorcs, but dude, get a perspective.

It's not about outparsing. Let me explain (with a specific focus on vMA).

1. My templar needed a complex skill rotation to get 27k dps. The magsorc uses just 4/5 skills.
    2. My templar needed to be in range to heal with puncturing sweeps. The magsorc heals from range with power surge
    3. My templar needed to slot a special skill for major sorcery. The magsorc gets it built in!
    4. My templar got a shield of 15k. My new magsorc gets a 19k shield!

Also, while I haven't gone full out on stamina builds (because I'm too lazy to farm vigor/caltrops), I have tried them out. Here are my thoughts.

1. No shields
    2. No solid heals (like 5k/second). Vigor is the only real burst heal. This makes it unforgiving.
    3. Need to be in range
    4. VERY complex and fast paced rotations to get high DPS

When I look at my newly minted magsorc, it's just...wow. I just parsed 27k on a dummy. And this is on my first day! My magplar needed months to get this high!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, think about that Sorc is more of a newbie friendly class so thats why with magsorc its easier to get better deeps, plus they are pure damage based class, while templar in the past months got gutted by zos and bugged also, and mostly viable as a healer in raids (competitive ones)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bhagwad wrote: »

CP 445 - 32k health

My sorce is lvl 50 and CP 570. Why did you think that she was below character lvl 50?

Probably because you never stated she was level 50 and said you were leveling on dolmens. I guess I should have assumed that since you were using a vMA staff that she was 50.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing my Pet Sorc feels like cheating compared to my other characters ...
    shades.gif
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait you're comparing mag sorc to Stam temp?

Should compare it to mag temp

It's:

Jabs jabs jabs jabs jabs

vMA done, slightly simplier compared to mag sorc
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smells like new version of nerf sorc thread O.o
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll just leave this here for OP...
    Edited by Drummerx04 on December 16, 2017 5:10AM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc helps those of us on poor/distant internet remain competitive with other players.

I hope it stays this way.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome, you must be new here
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not that sorc is too easy

The problem is that magplar is too bad
  • AtraisMachina2
    Wait till you roll a magblade....

Ikr sorcs arent even good.
    XB1-NA AD
    Bosmer Stamina Templar-DD/Tank
    Altmer Magika Sorcerer-DD
    Khajit Stamina Templar-DD
    Redguard Stamina Templar-DD
    Breton Templar-Healer
    Altmer Magika Nightblade-DD
    700+ CP
    Affiliations:
    The Late Shift-GM
    Cooldown
    Abstraqt

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing will be changed
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure magplar is the lowest dps parse in the game right now. It got nerfed to *** so many times that the abilities just do less of everything.
    uwu
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Playing my Pet Sorc feels like cheating compared to my other characters ...

Quoted for truth
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure magplar is the lowest dps parse in the game right now. It got nerfed to *** so many times that the abilities just do less of everything.

Nah mag warden is still worse, but templar a close second.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh.... is 25k supposed to be good? :#
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I come from a time when that was godly
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭

First day on lvl 50, Dolmen leveled char that I've never played before, especially considering the previous parses with my fully developed templar.
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizards nuke. Who knew?
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is mostly because the class has been touched sparingly since release. It's main DPS tools have not been tampered with successfully, therefore, it does well.

It wins by default of it's been free of Wrobels meddling.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »

Did no one look at this 40k ranged magplar parse?
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

I'll just leave this here for OP...

PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now this just takes the cake. I improved my rotation and hit 32K DPS on my brand new sorcerer. My magplar has never hit 30 even once.
    Edited by bhagwad on December 16, 2017 5:28AM