Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hands up if you have bad internet and want an Offline VERSION for this game (i know i do) (EDITED)

BirdMe
BirdMe
bought the game+DLC's and i really want to play it because it sounds awesome. i was given a hint that if i made a thread about this, and you guys poke your heads out and say 'ya, me too', that the Devs might see it and maybe think about it. i know i cant be the only one who wants an offline version.
Edited by BirdMe on December 12, 2017 1:30AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is an offline version. in fact there are 2. oblivion and skyrim.
    you do understand what an MMO is right?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would only like an offline version if the mobs were changed around and if there was a difficulty slider, because it is just too face roll ez atm.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online: Offline?

:/
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BirdMe wrote: »
    i know i cant be the only one who wants an offline version.

source.gif

No, you are the only one. It's an MMORPG. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. You can't be serious.
    PC-NA Goat
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

there are a couple more offline versions than just obliv and skyrim :P

as for the topic idk if an offline version is technically possible or not
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

i.e. Skyrim.

Jesus Christ, this thread.
    PC-NA Goat
  • R4TTIUS
    R4TTIUS
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

i.e. Skyrim.

i.e. Skyrim.

:D:D:D:D:D

This thread must never be deleted, this is pure gold
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe an offline, single player equivalent of ESO, considering how old Skyrim is, would be a good idea.

It would be a bit hard to have an offline mode for ESO, with difficulty sliders, that could lead you to 'easily' level up and then come back into the online mode. You can already stick in PVE and do what you want, as fast as you want, even though I know that doesn't help people with very poor internet.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Maybe an offline, single player equivalent of ESO, considering how old Skyrim is, would be a good idea.

The age of Skyrim is apparently a non-issue, considering how often Bethesda keeps re-releasing it. Now there's even a VR version.
    PC-NA Goat
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^--- This. There is no "OFFLINE" mode for a MMO.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, your statement doesn't hold up to scrutiny. ESO is a vastly different game than the single player series. It has its own stories to tell, its own quests, its own combat system, its own aesthetic; the game is fundamentally different. You might as well tell someone waiting for TES 6 to play Warcraft 3. To compare ESO to the single player games is unfair.

The OP's request wouldn't hurt anyone. Some people have bad wifi, yet they love TES and want to experience all the stories you can take part in. Can you really blame them?
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like an offline version of VMA... please?

Oh and the VR version of Skyrim is AWESOME! :D

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questing could be done offline. There's no need for interactions with other players for that.

Would give us something to do when we have patch maintenance too, rather than go to bed or fumble around outside in the dark :)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, your statement doesn't hold up to scrutiny. ESO is a vastly different game than the single player series. It has its own stories to tell, its own quests, its own combat system, its own aesthetic; the game is fundamentally different. You might as well tell someone waiting for TES 6 to play Warcraft 3. To compare ESO to the single player games is unfair.

The OP's request wouldn't hurt anyone. Some people have bad wifi, yet they love TES and want to experience all the stories you can take part in. Can you really blame them?

to be fair, you're talking like a massively multiplayer ONLINE - OFFLINE is a thing. i hate to break it to you, its NOT. just kidding, i love breaking news like that to people.
    cant wait to see how they do a 4man dungeon
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words, you want Elder Scrolls: Cheat-Engine-Without-Consequences.

Hahahaha j/k. We have that now.

bah dum psh
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    i disagree with all the people pointing to skyrim and saying "there's your offline game". untill i went to college i had terrible internet, but there was only one ISP that would provide to my house and only one available internet package, some days the internet worked just fine but on other days you couldn't even log on, or if you could log on the lag made the game completely unplayable. so on those days what did i do, simple i played Morrowind up to the 500 hour mark, i play Oblivion to the 300 hour mark, and i play Skyrim to the 350 hour mark (all rounded but you get the point). once i had exhaised those there were days where my internet still wouldnt work and i longed for some fresh elder scrolls, and with no ES VI being announced all i had was an unplayable version of ESO, i had tamriel at my fingertips, and i would long to log in and enjoy the world, but i couldn't, and there was nothing i could do about it.
    yes, i get the fact that it is an MMO and its supposed to be online, and is best played online, and i do not have any solutions. but, i just wanted to say that saying "go play skyrim" is not a valid argument against people with bad internet, if they want to play an ES game that bad, they have more than likely seen everything skyrim has to offer, maybe ever a few times over.

in other words saying "go play Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind" isnt (at least in my eyes) a valid point in this discussion.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bought the game+DLC's and i really want to play it because it sounds awesome. i was given a hint that if i made a thread about this, and you guys poke your heads out and say 'ya, me too', that the Devs might see it and maybe think about it. i know i cant be the only one who wants an offline version.

Someone told you wrong. Zos will not provide an offline mode for any reason. MMOs are intended to be played online, not offline and there are plenty of solid reasons it would be a bad idea, starting with player cheating. Not suggesting OP is or would be a cheat.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An offline mode would be a cheaters dream come true...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • CelticStones
    CelticStones
    ✭✭✭
    I want better internet, not better offline games.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would be nice if ESO were set up similar to Dark Souls 3,
    and thus be able to have full offline functionality alongside the option of online play

but the reality is the way the two titles handle online interactions between players and between player and server
    are entirely different, and it would be unrealistic for them to put an offline single-player mode in retroactively
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • BirdMe
    BirdMe

im playing Skyrim right now. 472 hours so far
  • BirdMe
    BirdMe
    i know i cant be the only one who wants an offline version.

source.gif

No, you are the only one. It's an MMORPG. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. You can't be serious.

i am serious- i love the lore and the adventure- but i cant play the current version because my internet is crap
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I PvP in offline mode ?
  • BirdMe
    BirdMe
    I want better internet, not better offline games.

lol me too, but high speed ends down the road from me- our power goes out on sunny, windless days. they dont take very good care of the lines that do come out here- a year or 2 ago, they said some of our lines were in bad shape, and that they should replace them- havent heard anything since
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want offline, turn off the game!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

there are a couple more offline versions than just obliv and skyrim :P

as for the topic idk if an offline version is technically possible or not

It is. If someone was able to set up their own servers to host the game. They could technically play it offline. Im not familiar with the process of doing so. Or if it would void the ToS. But Ive seen it done with other games with online. Including WoW.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • BirdMe
    BirdMe
    idk wrote: »

Someone told you wrong. Zos will not provide an offline mode for any reason. MMOs are intended to be played online, not offline and there are plenty of solid reasons it would be a bad idea, starting with player cheating. Not suggesting OP is or would be a cheat.

lol i have played with some mods, and some cheats in Skyrim- but only to make the game better for me. i dont do it for bragging rights or anything
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any offline version would have to be separate from the online version so nothing you did offline would appear when you are online.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • BirdMe
    BirdMe
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Any offline version would have to be separate from the online version so nothing you did offline would appear when you are online.

exactly what i was thinking when someone commented about the ability for cheating- separate them
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're not the only one. I hate the "massively multiplayer" part of MMOs. I wish they were just PIWTPWORPGs (People I Want To Play With Online). Kinda like we can set up private servers in Neverwinter Nights and just invite the specific people we know and want there, no strangers ever. I'd love that.