The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to learn pvp?

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
I dont understand how to win in pvp. It seems like im dead within a few seconds and I dont even know why . This is on ps4 Shor, Im level 27. As soon as I get hit with something I just have to cloak and run away. It just seems to make more sense to follow a zerg to get AP than to risk fighting someone and being forced to respwan somewhere far. I just use sneak to get everywhere because its impossible to do anything else.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest find an experienced player that plays your class and ask him questions. Also duel as much as possible. More you duel the better you will become. Once you are good enough then you have the base knowledge to go to open world and learn proper 1vX techniques.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand how to win in pvp. It seems like im dead within a few seconds and I dont even know why . This is on ps4 Shor, Im level 27. As soon as I get hit with something I just have to cloak and run away. It just seems to make more sense to follow a zerg to get AP than to risk fighting someone and being forced to respwan somewhere far. I just use sneak to get everywhere because its impossible to do anything else.

The only way to really improve at small fights and 1v1s is to have a friend who is more experienced at PVP spend time with you and help you practice a bit, dueling over and over many times.

Because players are constantly healing, blocking, dodging, etc, quite different behavior from NPCs, you need to figure out a sort of combo where you can debuff the enemy player, apply some dots,stun and then burst them down quickly.

Gear is another thing - there are a number of builds that work well for low level characters and are relatively cheap / easy to craft.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on December 13, 2017 2:04PM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak you say? A nightblade.

*slips Gilliam the Rogue‘s business card into Little Pink Dot’s pocket*

Btw, NB is one of the most difficult classes to play in the game. Probably the most difficult and least forgiving. Leave Shor and go to the below level 50 campaign, Kyne I believe it’s called. You can’t just roll into PvP in ESO with the gear you PvE in or just any gear you decide to wear. ESO PvP is very meta driven (heavy armor, troll king monster set, destro staff ultimate, etc).
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on December 11, 2017 3:50AM
  • pepe1337
    pepe1337
    ✭✭
    Heavy armor - block - heal.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pepe1337 wrote: »
    Heavy armor - block - heal.

Wouldnt I run out of stamina? I already do
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Btw, NB is one of the most difficult classes to play in the game. Probably the most difficult and least forgiving. Leave Shor and go to the below level 50 campaign, Kyne I believe it’s called. You can’t just roll into PvP in ESO with the gear you PvE in or just any gear you decide to wear. ESO PvP is very meta driven (heavy armor, troll king monster set, destro staff ultimate, etc).

I actually started with a magsorc. I hated the mechanics. I started a stamblade and It suits me nice. I cant fight, but im very good at escaping, ive eluded playerswith 690 CP, but it seems thats all im good at. And theres nobody in kyne ps4, its empty. Im not an aggressive player, Im passive, I like to see what im getting into first. I usually stay in sneak. I have no problem avoiding and roll dodging, I just dont do enough dps .
    Its hard to imagine nightblade being the most difficult when cloak + sneak is the only thing keeping me alive. I am at least 100% sure it was significantly harder to keep my mag sorc alive.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on December 11, 2017 12:01PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best bet is to join a guild, run with them but never stop attempting to improve your play and understanding.
    Part of that is to duel, smallscale and group play.

Groups are the best way to start and always a good place to come back to because you can rely on others to support you whilst you start and also the playstyle is unique.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I actually started with a magsorc. I hated the mechanics. I started a stamblade and It suits me nice. I cant fight, but im very good at escaping, ive eluded playerswith 690 CP, but it seems thats all im good at. And theres nobody in kyne ps4, its empty. Im not an aggressive player, Im passive, I like to see what im getting into first. I usually stay in sneak. I have no problem avoiding and roll dodging, I just dont do enough dps .
    Its hard to imagine nightblade being the most difficult when cloak + sneak is the only thing keeping me alive. I am at least 100% sure it was significantly harder to keep my mag sorc alive.

If you struggled with mag sorc over NB then you definitely did mag sorc wrong imo, regardless of you not liking the mechanics. I told you, seek out the aedra known as Gilliam the Rogue on YouTube and his NB PvP write-up On Deltia’s website. All you seek to know is contained there. And unless you play Kyne you are going against players with CP being used against you. As you said, you’ll be toast and wake up like Casper the Friendly Ghost.

Or message him here on the forums @Gilliamtherogue

Edit: Duel with some friends to learn your rotation, build, and what enemies look to do with their rotation to you. Resist what Izanagi is saying above! Resist his honey sweet whispers in your ear! Do not become a zombie and have your soul belong to dracarys!
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on December 11, 2017 1:35PM
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever you do, stay away from the Alissia bridge. All you'll do there is learn how to be AP for other players. Joining a guild is a good step, many PvP guilds have training nights and will happy to help you. At some point you'll need PvP type gear, monster sets, etc. Again ask guild members, they'll help. I don't know what level you are right now, but you'll start deciding on your gear at level 50 cp 160.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fine you are running a stamblade, it is not going to be easy, but it will get better!
    Running 11 NB myself I can tell you a little, but best is really to join a pvp-guild, look for stamblades there which play almost every night, and talk with them(TS or Discord)
    there is really not just one way to go, but a lot very different directions too choose from. When my guoild is not up, I run mostly alone through cyrodil, ganking people and taking ress alone.
    as you say, you are more passive, then certainly the roll in the group will fit you better.
    Go ahead and try to be a bit more active in joining groups/guilds, cauze the roll as solo in cyro will need some more practice.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you struggled with mag sorc over NB then you definitely did mag sorc wrong imo, regardless of you not liking the mechanics. I told you, seek out the aedra known as Gilliam the Rogue on YouTube and his NB PvP write-up On Deltia’s website. All you seek to know is contained there. And unless you play Kyne you are going against players with CP being used against you. As you said, you’ll be toast and wake up like Casper the Friendly Ghost.

Or message him here on the forums @Gilliamtherogue

Edit: Duel with some friends to learn your rotation, build, and what enemies look to do with their rotation to you. Resist what Izanagi is saying above! Resist his honey sweet whispers in your ear! Do not become a zombie and have your soul belong to dracarys!

Ill check out it out.
    I was following alcasts bow gank build, but I have to pve to level up so I ended up using alot of skill points for pve skills.
    Ive heard you can level up to 50 in pvp, but I dont see how. It seems way slower than questing. And any quests ive found in cyrodiil are always something boring, like go kill a bear... is there any fun way to level up in Imperial city?

As for my sorc, shes pve, and I found her to be boring to play, shes stuck at level 45 because shes so boring. And shes the ugliest Altmer youve ever seen. I need to cover her face with something.
    Maybe its because of all the sorc hate on these forums but players were far more aggressive to my sorc than my nightblade. As soon as people see my sorc they stop what theyre doing and gang up on her then teabag her to death.
    My stamblade has never been teabagged.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ill check out it out.
    I was following alcasts bow gank build, but I have to pve to level up so I ended up using alot of skill points for pve skills.
    Ive heard you can level up to 50 in pvp, but I dont see how. It seems way slower than questing. And any quests ive found in cyrodiil are always something boring, like go kill a bear... is there any fun way to level up in Imperial city?

It used to be very slow leveling up in Cyrodiil - took me about 6 months at launch. Now it only takes a week or two, roughly same as leveling via PVE quests or dungeons. Grinding is even faster of course, but I find it's fast enough leveling in pvp that I never need to grind anymore.

You can also try leveling up in the under 50 campaign, but I suspect it is faster in Vivec because there is more population and more activity. Try to make sure you get to all the keeps your faction is attacking. If you are nearby when your side captures a keep, you get a lot of XP and AP.

If you really want to level up fast, you can sacrifice stats for training trait on your armor and weapons (up to around 80% XP boost), or use an add on like Alpha Gear to switch to the training armor when you are fighting NPCs.

In addition to the bounty quests for killing enemy players, the quests in the various towns give a ton of XP like Bruma, Cropsford, Vlastarus, Cheydinhal, Chorrol. They are kinda interesting and it's more fun than PVE area because you are also encountering enemy players.

If you want to level up in Imperial City, you can definitely earn a lot of XP and tel var stones, but unfortunately there are not many players in there these days to fight.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on December 11, 2017 9:04PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my first character was a nightblade...wearing medium or light armor is a tough way to learn pvp...

my second character was a heavy armor templar - much more forgiving in pvp...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you look to run away and point to thing such as eluding other players that's not conducive to learning to "win" at PvP as you put it.

You're new. You're level 27. You're going to get rekt. That'e fine. Level up. Learn what's killing you. Be aggressive. Not Passive. Adapt.

And even though you're a NB, cloak + sneak is not the only thing keeping you alive. Class is so much more than just that.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur lvl 27 on a max lvl cheese point camp; that's ur first prob.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, following a zerg, or LFGing in zone chat and joining a larger group is the bet way to learn. Start out fighting with 10 people and learn mechanics while you have allies supporting you. Then, as you get more skillful, branch out into smaller scale fighting. Think of the zerg or larger group as training wheels.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duel.

Have a knowledgeable player edge you. :trollface:

Find better players than yourself who are willing to teach you the details of how to play your class against enemy classes, and then push you around without killing you so that you can practice those lessons on them. That's the best way to learn.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on December 14, 2017 7:12AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I know how this goes.

I started the game late and was determined to PVP. But obviously my little nooby self was up against experienced players, with good builds who were already skilled at PVP. That alone made it hard.

If you haven't yet learned how to defend/survive, then TTK is VERY short in this game - making it very hard to learn anything in those really short fights. Coupled with the amount of time taken on horseback to get to the next fight - to be dead in a second again... 1 sec of combat every 10 minutes is NOT a good way to learn. It's all about 'fight-time'.. ie your time actually in combat.

So you need to do it differently. One way is to stay in a group, follow them and rely on safety in numbers. If attacked, dodge/cloak (as you already do) till they switch targets - if not attacked, be aggressive. The more on the offence you are, the less on the offence they are. When you die, there should be people around to rezz you (meaning getting into combat more quickly = more chances to learn). You'd also learn the 'flow' of combat here.. ie. when to push, when to retreat, when to run and hide etc..

I'd also suggest going for a tanky setup first. I'm not sure how good stamblades are at this - but you need more time actually in combat to learn - this will give you that. It may not help you win more - but it will give you more 'fight-time' to learn from.

Another way is to try BG's - lots of fights, with smaller downtime. You'll still lose a lot, but you get into the next fight much, much quicker = more fight-time = more learning.

Its a tough and frustrating road - but when you 'get it' - it seems to come suddenly :-)

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be afraid to ask specific questions that may seem stupid, despite the overcoat of bile and spam zone chats may present, there are plenty of helpful people out there.

Lots of great content on YouTube from monitoring the basics of all different styles, plus lots of mechanic breakdown of classes in a multitude of build videos.

Join a pvp guild and/or a dueling guild. Endless pool of experienced advice with people to support you in your new adventure.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just trying to level up skills. I dont have vigor yet. And because Ive been leveling up in pve, IM using DW and havent leveled up 2handed yet to get rally... and **** that sorrel horse is slow..
    How long should it take to get to cp160 once I get to level 50? I need Morag Tongs stuff but apparently theres no point until cp160.
    And what are telvar stones for?
    I got a bunch from Imperial city, lots of people on Shor ps4 in imperial city. Im still geared for pve, so I can kill alot of stuff down there and I get these tel var stones.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I started the game late and was determined to PVP. But obviously my little nooby self was up against experienced players, with good builds who were already skilled at PVP. That alone made it hard.

If you haven't yet learned how to defend/survive, then TTK is VERY short in this game - making it very hard to learn anything in those really short fights. Coupled with the amount of time taken on horseback to get to the next fight - to be dead in a second again... 1 sec of combat every 10 minutes is NOT a good way to learn. It's all about 'fight-time'.. ie your time actually in combat.

So you need to do it differently. One way is to stay in a group, follow them and rely on safety in numbers. If attacked, dodge/cloak (as you already do) till they switch targets - if not attacked, be aggressive. The more on the offence you are, the less on the offence they are. When you die, there should be people around to rezz you (meaning getting into combat more quickly = more chances to learn). You'd also learn the 'flow' of combat here.. ie. when to push, when to retreat, when to run and hide etc..

I'd also suggest going for a tanky setup first. I'm not sure how good stamblades are at this - but you need more time actually in combat to learn - this will give you that. It may not help you win more - but it will give you more 'fight-time' to learn from.

Another way is to try BG's - lots of fights, with smaller downtime. You'll still lose a lot, but you get into the next fight much, much quicker = more fight-time = more learning.

Its a tough and frustrating road - but when you 'get it' - it seems to come suddenly :-)

This is exactly what not to do. Literally this is the current problem in pvp where 70% of the faction runs around in one blob rezzing each other like zombies then light attacking their way to the next keep before getting run over like sheep. You will probably never learn to be self reliant this way.

As you level up, go run Veteran Maelstrom Arena in Wrothgar. No, it isn't PvP, but you will never make it through this content on a stamblade without decently high reflexes, self healing, sustain, and decent damage/burst. This is probably the single best content for generally improving as a self reliant player when starting from nothing, and the best part is that you can do it without dealing with other people.

PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How long should it take to get to cp160 once I get to level 50? I need Morag Tongs stuff but apparently theres no point until cp160.
    You will start out with 12 days worth of enlightenment (reduces cost of cp by 4x), so you can get to CP 160 within a couple days just playing normally, or a matter of hours if grinding.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try BG and maelstrom arena. I know theres people dueling around Vulkel guard, but my god the noise from peoples mics.
    Nothing ruins your experience more than some guy blasting the song "what what in the butt" into his mic. Then theres the people that breathe heavy into the mic, chewing food ect. And then every once in awhile theres a dude that sounds like he could be jacking off for all I know.
    I know most of you play on PC and not ps4, so you probably dont have this problem.
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

This is exactly what not to do. Literally this is the current problem in pvp where 70% of the faction runs around in one blob rezzing each other like zombies then light attacking their way to the next keep before getting run over like sheep. You will probably never learn to be self reliant this way.

As you level up, go run Veteran Maelstrom Arena in Wrothgar. No, it isn't PvP, but you will never make it through this content on a stamblade without decently high reflexes, self healing, sustain, and decent damage/burst. This is probably the single best content for generally improving as a self reliant player when starting from nothing, and the best part is that you can do it without dealing with other people.

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    THe best way to learn is as follows;

Die a lot
    Die a lot
    Think about why you died
    Ask questions about why you died
    Ask questions about why other people die
    Ask question about how not to die
    Try not to die
    Find someone good and ask them how to PvP while not dying and skill making other people die
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    THe best way to learn is as follows;

Die a lot
    Die a lot
    Think about why you died
    Ask questions about why you died
    Ask questions about why other people die
    Ask question about how not to die
    Try not to die
    Find someone good and ask them how to PvP while not dying and skill making other people die

don't forget to check your death recaps and slot for yourself whatever abilities you find that kill you the most :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what are telvar stones for?
    I got a bunch from Imperial city, lots of people on Shor ps4 in imperial city. Im still geared for pve, so I can kill alot of stuff down there and I get these tel var stones.

back in the day, they used to be for buying some of the imperial city armor sets...not sure if anyone uses those sets any more...

for a stamblade - maybe you could use:
    Vicecannon of Venom Set - medium armor
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) When you deal Critical Damage to an enemy from Sneak, you inject a leeching poison that deals 13760 Poison Damage over 15 seconds to them and heals you for 100% of the damage done.

or,
    Reactive Armor Set - heavy armor
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (5 items) While you are affected by a disabling effect, your damage taken is reduced by 35%.

you'd have to get really creative though...

you mentioned using DW and 2H...if you're just starting out - i would highly recommend trying the bow out...initially you may want to keep as much distance between yourself and enemy players as possible...plus, when the populations are up on the map like they currently are - a lot of fighting is group versus group spread out over the battlefield...plus, the bow works wonders in siege situations...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try BG and maelstrom arena. I know theres people dueling around Vulkel guard, but my god the noise from peoples mics.
    Nothing ruins your experience more than some guy blasting the song "what what in the butt" into his mic. Then theres the people that breathe heavy into the mic, chewing food ect. And then every once in awhile theres a dude that sounds like he could be jacking off for all I know.
    I know most of you play on PC and not ps4, so you probably dont have this problem.
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

you're going to get a lot of differing views here on the forums on how you should proceed...

my recommendation - don't make it a grind on yourself (and turn off the voice zone chat :p - hard to imagine much, if any, good coming from that inane drivel)...and, with the pops up as high as they are right now - maybe give vivec a try (i also play on ps4/na)...there's definitely strength in numbers - plus - it's really cool to be out there fighting with 30 or 40 other players (the lag isn't all that cool, but, that's another story) involved in the battle - best yet if you can experience some legit AvAvA action...

Edit: oh yeah, the horse situation...i feel for you - it's like torture riding a slow mount in cyrodiil...obviously slot rapid maneuvers, and if possible, keep an eye out for a keep/post which looks to be under constant attack, that way you don't have to keep riding off to find fights...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 12, 2017 10:20PM
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    step 1) find some1 to craft you some inpen gear and upgrade it to purple if you can afford it. dont forget to enchant it. preferably also with purple enchants but blue will do fine if you dont have much gold.

step 2) find a good skill setup. google is your friend here. making good setups as a lowbie can be tricky as you most likely dont have access to all skills yet.

step 3) go to the pre lvl 50 campaign.

step 4) practice practice practice. never run from a 1v1 as you will learn WAY more from losing a 1v1 than you will ever gain from zerging. there is a reason why all the good pvpers in this game are solo/small scale players. watching streams/pvp videos of good players playing your class/build can help a ton aswell.

this game is alot about anticipation and knowledge that can only be gained from experience. there is no blueprint for immediate success but if you keep playing you will eventually get better and better. once you got some basic idea of how pvp plays out you will find it easier to make your own builds aswell. its very different from pve builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think that at the stage you are, zerging is the only option in cyro.

You can't go alone and 1v1 people and learn from it as a stamblade without vigor, rally and rapids. It just isn't possible.
    For starters, its rare you will find a 1v1. If you go alone, they will usually be Xv1.
    Secondly, to get away from the zergs means more travelling. You have a slow horse and no rapids yet.
    And thirdly, As an inexperienced player with no heals, you will die too quickly to learn anything.

Go with the zergs. But recognise that, as others have said, there is a point where to really learn how to play, you need to leave the zergs and become self-relient.
    But first you need the tools and a certain amount of experience.
    Edited by Biro123 on December 13, 2017 9:12AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I think that at the stage you are, zerging is the only option in cyro.

You can't go alone and 1v1 people and learn from it as a stamblade without vigor, rally and rapids. It just isn't possible.
    For starters, its rare you will find a 1v1. If you go alone, they will usually be Xv1.
    Secondly, to get away from the zergs means more travelling. You have a slow horse and no rapids yet.
    And thirdly, As an inexperienced player with no heals, you will die too quickly to learn anything.

Go with the zergs. But recognise that, as others have said, there is a point where to really learn how to play, you need to leave the zergs and become self-relient.
    But first you need the tools and a certain amount of experience.

If your goal is to improve at small fights and 1v1s, it's not going to happen from fighting in a zerg group. The only way is having a friend who is more experienced duel with you over and over many times, explain what you're doing wrong, etc.

Just as if your goal is to become better at following the leader's instructions in those big groups, it's not going to happen from dueling.