anyone else REALLY not like the crazy mounts or is it just me?

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
remember when this came out and everyone lost there mind about how flashy and un lore friendly it was?

eso-nightmare-courser-featured.gif

fast forward and all the atro, skele, and robot mounts we got riding around spewing lightning, fire, and lazer beams -_-

I feel like if I ride around on the classic beige horse (the OG speed horse I named "apples" in memory of a time long gone by) everyone might think its some kind of fancy mount because it will be so covert that its overt if you know what I mean XD

anyway, anyone else miss low key mounts that were somewhat realistic, or do you welcome with open arms our new neon robot overlords?

ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed. I have a plain ol' black horse.

I spent a few seconds attacking someones mount because it was one of those large spider-beetle-bug things from Vvardenfell.

Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new guar is pretty nice.

And if you lick it you'll wake up in a hole in the ground.
    signing off
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the Dwarven war horse from the Vvardenfell collector's edition. It's the best mount in the game IMO. I use the Alliance war mount on another character, and used to use the white Imperial horse as well.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 2, 2017 6:06AM
    Options
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's a matter of personal taste...

I, too, must admit that these clockwork or firey/icey/throwing laser beams mounts do not impress me or make me want to spend crowns....wolves..however are entirely different story... but not those "overdone"..more the ones those still look like realistic animals :P I've got three of them now. ;)
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
    Options
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Maybe it's a matter of personal taste...

I, too, must admit that these clockwork or firey/icey/throwing laser beams mounts do not impress me or make me want to spend crowns....wolves..however are entirely different story... but not those "overdone"..more the ones those still look like realistic animals :P I've got three of them now. ;)

oh I agree in that I don't mind the different animals like guar, wolves, elk, etc. I too just prefer the realistic looking ones.

now when I get crown crates I'm just praying that I DONT get an apex reward.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have the soul shiven and the zombie horse for special roleplay purpose, but normally I'm still sticking with my old, normal, boring guar/horse/senche. I missed the elk and will buy it if they offer again. As a roleplayer, these normal mounts suit my characters better than all those flashy, expensive stuffs. Same with pets. I have a dog, a cat, a senche, a guar, a nixad, and a simple robot spider. That enough to cover my RP (except I'd like a raven and hawk too). I don't really care if they put the same pets but with diffrent skins on the store.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on December 2, 2017 6:14AM
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when everyone thought you were a noob in PVP if you had the plain brown horse, when the other horse had better stats! Back when you could feed your mounts. I do not miss those days LOL

I enjoy having a variety of mounts. One of my favorite things to collect.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've just got a regular horse. And I had all sorts of crazy mounts in WoW, and loved 'em (gyrocopters, motorcycles, etc). Something about this game's atmosphere or setting, makes me just want to ride regular horses.

(so, of course, I got a Senche from the latest free crown crates ;) But at least it's a non-flaming one)
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the more tame mounts.
    I am ok with Wolves, Bears and Guar, and other such creatures; but the Robots, Atronachs, and Spriggans is ridiculous.
    Then again Skyrim had a summonable skeleton horse.
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do have that fiery horse but I still agree with you. I mostly use my clouded senche. Those disco mounts, to me, feel like they don't belong in Tamriel.
    Options
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new mounts but I also adore my senche tiger mount :love:
    Options
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah same, I don't like fancy monuts.
    Lions, Tigers elks or any non glowing animal are OK tho
    Options
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my big clanking dwarven horse.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I named my new guar...
    Guarburst.
    9f51e69a33673148a79ed8348b0a46b2--candy-brands-starburst-candy.jpg
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use whatever doesn't stagger or slows down for no reason and it's always the senche, horses are ok but the clippitty clop gets a bit annoying when you're on it for stretches and wolves seem to be sluggish for some reason but other "flashier" mounts are just too noisy
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could be worse for you. What about a giant robot chub loon mount?
    Options
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    I use whatever doesn't stagger or slows down for no reason and it's always the senche, horses are ok but the clippitty clop gets a bit annoying when you're on it for stretches and wolves seem to be sluggish for some reason but other "flashier" mounts are just too noisy

I kind of agree. I only bought the Soul Shriven horse and immediately regretted it after I heard the ungodly noises it makes...
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hail our new Overlord RNGamblous and all the wonders he brings. Pink Unicorn that shoots rainbow beams and I'm out.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer guar and plain horses, but I don't find the seasonal or themed mounts offensive. They're just not for me.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
    Options
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Plague Husk Horse for my one evil character, but that’s pretty much it. I use normal mounts on all my other characters.
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on December 2, 2017 8:40AM
    Options
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I already posted several times about that non sense. I'm ok with camels, normal guars, tiger senche and, of course, plain horses.
    I hate to see wild creatures like lions or wolves being subdued as a vehicle and all those fancy zombie mounts, lightnings skeletons, mechanical bugs, four legged barbacoas and so.

Edited by kwisatz on December 2, 2017 9:04AM
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like fancy horses. I wish I'd been able to buy the Witch Knight horse. I think the flashy, bright mounts are nice, but they don't do anything for me. Now, a great horse with awesome armour is my thing.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy-ness = diversity

Dwarven Spider Mount still makes me laugh :)
    PC
    Options
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The new guar is pretty nice.

And if you lick it you'll wake up in a hole in the ground.

:D:D:D
    Options
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only flashy mount I like is the Dro'mathra Senche, all the others are just silly. I really prefer the realistic mounts that can be bought for in game gold, but I still mostly ride my Dro'mathra Senche :p
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the magical steeds. They fit in better with the things we actually see happening in the game. Given that Tamriel is a world of magicka and anima, and not the real-life physical world, these magical steeds seem more realistic to me.

Our mounts appear out of nowhere when summoned, and instantly disappear again when we dismount. What other explanation for this behaviour can there be other than magicka.

When my old 10K horse just appears and disappears like that, it looks to me like the sort of clunky behind-the-scenes meta mechanics that we should not be seeing. It's obviously not what our characters would experience when using an ordinary living horse. It instantly breaks emersion, and in this game even the slightest degree emersion is a very precious thing indeed.

PC EU
    Options
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im holding out for the invisible mount...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NOG_U2caymQ
    Master Craftsman!
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It bothers me too but for my mage the dwemer spider is realistic again. Too bad everyone got it, so it's nothing special. But hey, I am not really upset about it. Just like a tiny bit. Same goes for non-Telvanni characters wearing the Divayth Fyr costume. I must say that I do like the fire atronach mounts far better than all that came in crates before.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest - even if I was super lucky and somehow got one of those super-rare flashing mount I would still use my trusty
    "Tessellated Guar" that I got long time ago..
    180px-ON-mount-Tessellated_Guar.jpg
    One of the core reasons I prefered ESO (apart for the fact that I like TES games in general) over the other mmos is the fact that everything there looks.... normal. There aren't any flashing auras, unnecessary glowing eyes, glowing swords, glowing armours... etc.
    Options