Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

anyone else REALLY not like the crazy mounts or is it just me?

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting to look like warcraft :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flashy apex mounts look amazing, the people who don't like them have just never gotten one before :D
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Individually, they are all lore-friendly enough that I don't have an issue with them. I love the crazy stuff in TES.

But as a whole, it's getting too much.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think whoever tries to get a really good immersion out of this game is going to lose big time. ;) It's too much MMO for that. But I don't blame the game - they have to find the balance between lore and necessary mechanics. If you want real or better immersion, you'll have to play a single player game.

Therefore I got completely used to all those fancy, crazy, totally un-lore-like mounts. I don't mind them. I actually got one myself, namely the fiery black horse the OP showed. It perfectly fits my Dunmer Magblade's style with the bloodforged skin and the bloodroot wine colored Mazzatun style armor. ;)

One thing that does sometimes bother me though is the extremely loud summoning noises some of them make! ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Starting to look like warcraft :(

which is a good thing.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Zenimax watch a lot of Skyrim Mods Weekly.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind all the flashy mounts, but don't really need one myself. I prefer real life possible beasts of burden. Horses and camels really. I bought the package which came with the black white maned horse and a costume. Both the costume and the horse are the favorites in the game, both simple and natural. made it a good deal, only downside is that other mounts and costumes don't really have as much a pull anymore. Keep coming back to these. Shame the black camel is so much gems.

Not really realistic and doesn't seem to be there in ESO-lore, but I would like big heavy war-rams to ride. I would break my only logical mounts "rule" for that :)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Atronach mounts are way over the top, if you ask me. More appropriate for Marketing Lore than for Tamrielic Lore.

And I agree with @Tommy_The_Gun. Elder Scrolls is actually better because they don't have large amounts of the flashy over the top stuff in the games, by nature. The worlds look normal. ESO is not Elder Scrolls, in that respect. They are falling prey to some of the traditional MMO tropes, out of reverence for Marketing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    I prefer guar and plain horses, but I don't find the seasonal or themed mounts offensive. They're just not for me.

Pretty much my feelings
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all look out of place in the world of ESO.

I wouldn't be surprised if mounts were the #1 reason people buy gambling crates. Ergo why there are so many flashy varieties.
    Edited by danno8 on December 2, 2017 3:11PM
    Options
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    I could do with a clientside toggle to switch off those annoying glowy korean-mmo type mounts, yes, at least I wouldn't have to see them.
    Options
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    remember when this came out and everyone lost there mind about how flashy and un lore friendly it was?

eso-nightmare-courser-featured.gif

fast forward and all the atro, skele, and robot mounts we got riding around spewing lightning, fire, and lazer beams -_-

I feel like if I ride around on the classic beige horse (the OG speed horse I named "apples" in memory of a time long gone by) everyone might think its some kind of fancy mount because it will be so covert that its overt if you know what I mean XD

anyway, anyone else miss low key mounts that were somewhat realistic, or do you welcome with open arms our new neon robot overlords?

I agree. Lots of nonsense for mounts going around.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *waits for the dwemer ash titan flying mount that drops gears when summoned*

I'm kidding (mostly), but I like that there are all sorts of mounts in the game, that way you can personalize them to your character better.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish we could get some cool armored horses instead of these weird mounts that look like they came out of a generic F2P mmo.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would rather see traditional horses that have war armors and maybe even flow into the other animals but none of this lava spriggan stuff.

The game is becoming all about these $120 mounts instead of having challenging open world group play.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait! What? We are worried about "proper" mounts. I mean come on, what is your problem. The "proper" mounts are not even proper. They don't even go poop. With all the mounts even the "proper" mounts people ride in all the towns, there is no poop on the ground. So you never step "in it".

So what is the problem? I love when people talk about realism, it's only "their" realism they want to put on others, and not have total realism.

:)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still ride my imperial collectors edition horse, I still remember being one of the few people on day 1 on any kind of mount and galloping past people running or walking it felt so cool.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
    Options
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be worse for you. What about a giant robot chub loon mount?

need.
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I’m undecided. While I do like the: Dromathra Senche, Storm Atronach Senche, and Dwarven Wolf... I find the other mounts a tad bit too gaudy for my taste. I find them to be rather ugly as well. I prefer the simplicity of the Ice Wolf. Or the Striped Senche. This is because those mounts still are rather exotic looking, but have a sense of elegance to them. They look clean. They don’t have too much going on with them. The leopard mounts (e.g. Clouded Leopard and Senche Leopard) also look very classy as well. The panther too.
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t care for the flashy mounts, either. I got a skeleton bear in one of the free crates a month or two ago, but I’ve never used it. Riding a dead mount makes me feel like one of the Others from Game of Thrones.

My favorite mount is the camel, though...for some reason I think he’s pretty damn cute.
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of these new ones released over the last year or two, frankly, look really dumb.

I remember when groups in cyrodiil just had a variety of nice horses to ride around on, but now we’ve got robots with laser eyes and sparkly alien mounts that make horrendous sounds every time they’re summoned.

Don’t even get me started on the prices for some of these mounts.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant stand them. Though on occasion I have found myself with them for one reason or another. Most of them sit in my Collections never to see the light of day again. But a few have found use as mounts for specific magicka user characters I have. Even then I still tend to lean towards normal or at least less magical mounts.

Mounts like the Skyfire Guar get on my nerves as well. Might just be that those mounts reminds me of the 2nd and 3rd Gen Jurassic Park toys that came out. Turning the T-Rex into a pink, purple and hot orange mess because "kids LOVED bright colors!". Kind of feels the same way here with the bright obnoxious mounts.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Wait! What? We are worried about "proper" mounts. I mean come on, what is your problem. The "proper" mounts are not even proper. They don't even go poop. With all the mounts even the "proper" mounts people ride in all the towns, there is no poop on the ground. So you never step "in it".

So what is the problem? I love when people talk about realism, it's only "their" realism they want to put on others, and not have total realism.

I don't think anyone used the word "proper".. And no one's "demanding" ZOS to stay true to Tamrielic Lore and remove the "improper" mounts here 0_o We're just talking about personal tastes...in case you did not notice...
    I also am certain everyone realises it's ESO and "fantasy" rpg, so no need to remind anyone...

But you know what... I bet if everyone added those clockwork or blazing or whatever mounts/monsters/etc to e.g Game of Thrones universum.. everyone would be complaining that such does not belong there, do you see where I am getting with this?
    There's this fine line between fine fantasy.......and just things/item that look better and that fits better in a small kid's room?
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
    Options
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the standard horses as well.
    Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
    Still pretty new to PC-NA.
    Options
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the dwarven ones were the biggest affront to 'lore' honestly, but even still, most of the mounts 'make sense' to some degree.

I don't think they're particularly offensive, but I can understand why some people feel that way regardless.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I prefer the regular animals, especially because none of the flashy suit any of my characters
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on December 2, 2017 6:40PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with ya. The flaming horse I'm ok with just about but the clockwork spider just is getting ridiculous. Feels like they appealing to kids. I prefer a half realistic / European medical scene
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are getting confused between "proper" mounts and "pooper" mounts. It is not an uncommon thing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think the mudballs are made from?
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    Options
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which mount shoots lazer beams? I want that one! :O
    PC NA
    @SkruDe