Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

anyone else REALLY not like the crazy mounts or is it just me?

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Wait! What? We are worried about "proper" mounts. I mean come on, what is your problem. The "proper" mounts are not even proper. They don't even go poop. With all the mounts even the "proper" mounts people ride in all the towns, there is no poop on the ground. So you never step "in it".

So what is the problem? I love when people talk about realism, it's only "their" realism they want to put on others, and not have total realism.

:)

Welcome to a Discussion Board. Where we discuss things. Even things that someone like yourself might decide isnt relevant. And if you dont find it relevant. You can easily not take part in the discussion at all rather than come in and talk down to people with your over use of quotations.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish they would limit the number of fantastical mounts...we will soon be where the old Forgotten Realms campaign setting got to where you couldn't fling a dead rat without hitting something wondrous...and then there was no wonder left.

They can do so many things with just common mounts not everything need to glow spin or be special in some fashion.
    Options
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    Which mount shoots lazer beams? I want that one! :O

Dwarven mounts discharge electricity and light up.

Fact of the matter is the steampunk/mecha tech stuff has been a part of the elder scrolls universe forever, so getting bent out of shape over it seems kinda silly. But there does reach a point where there's too much/it's too accessible. They were suppose to be extraordinarily rare and mystical constructs with few left operational, so the fact you can have a train of them going through town is kinda jarring.

Maybe if they'd been rare drops from a dwarven themed raid, keeping the number low and forcing people to earn it, I'm sure there'd be less complaining.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys realize that all of Nirn is/are spirits that can be influenced to take any shape by a forceful enough mind?

It's actually very lore friendly.

Read, "Reality and other Falsehoods" or whatever it's title is
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah even though I don't like using flashy mounts they all seem really lore-ly reasonable. The only questionable thing is how common the flashy mounts are used by players (how many people in the TES universe would actually be using such mounts?) but there's no way of knowing how many players' characters would realistically have flashy mounts so everyone should have the freedom. And anyway, some players just want the any mount for whatever reason so it's simpler to just let people go wild if they want to
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    I prefer guar and plain horses, but I don't find the seasonal or themed mounts offensive. They're just not for me.

I never understood why some people like the guar mounts so much. Is that a Skyrim thingie?
    Options
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

I never understood why some people like the guar mounts so much. Is that a Skyrim thingie?

Guar are AWESOME! - And it's a Morrowind thing.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind other people using the more unusual mounts (if necessary I just tell myself it's a normal mount with an illusion applied to make it look like whatever the rider thinks is cool. There's people in real life who will dress their horse up to look like a zebra or a unicorn or whatever, I have no doubt that if they had access to illusion magic they'd do a lot more than that.)

But I always seem to find I prefer the more normal looking ones. I've got 13 different mounts (not counting the Nix-ox which I didn't choose), a mix of horses, senche, wolves and a guar, but they're all pretty plain. Full list below if anyone is interested:
    Dwarven War Horse
    Imperial Horse
    Midnight Steed
    Palomino Horse
    Shadowghost Horse
    Sorrel Horse
    White Mane Horse
    Clouded Senche-Leopard
    Nightfall Sabre Cat
    Shadowghost Senche
    Ice Wolf
    Shadowghost Wolf
    Shadowghost Guar
    Everstorm wrote: »
    menedhyn wrote: »
    I prefer guar and plain horses, but I don't find the seasonal or themed mounts offensive. They're just not for me.

If anything it's a Morrowind thing. As far as I remember there were no guar in Skyrim.

I suspect it's because they're the most 'lore friendly' (they've been mentioned as mounts at least as early as TES III) of the non-horse mounts, so it hits that fine line between dull and unacceptably weird for some people. Also some people just prefer reptiles to mammals.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think they look silly, especially in PvP. So long as it doesnt keep going too far down that road though...

I have a standard pony mount. I did try the Nix-Ox but it´s kind of.. disgusting.
    Options
  • Sera67
    Sera67
    ✭✭
    The pets bug me more then mounts, then it comes down to all sort of little things... we can run around half naked or glowing skin, but i can't set my light armor magplar in heavy armor with out handful of outfit or...going heavy armor.

I've just kinda given up on lore friendly...

I'm happy with my wolf mount and nix ox.
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah even though I don't like using flashy mounts they all seem really lore-ly reasonable. The only questionable thing is how common the flashy mounts are used by players (how many people in the TES universe would actually be using such mounts?) but there's no way of knowing how many players' characters would realistically have flashy mounts so everyone should have the freedom. And anyway, some players just want the any mount for whatever reason so it's simpler to just let people go wild if they want to

Yeah, but your character and your character only is the centre of the universe so to speak. All those other player controlled characters don't really exist. If it was just you and all the npcs, you would have an unique mount.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 2, 2017 10:55PM
    Options
  • Dysprosium
    Dysprosium
    ✭✭✭
    agreed. I have a plain ol' black horse.

I spent a few seconds attacking someones mount because it was one of those large spider-beetle-bug things from Vvardenfell.

What's wrong with it? It's like a baby silt strider :).
    Options
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the variety. It's a fantasy game after all, and nearly everything it contains is nonsensical.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when "sprinting" on the flame wolf mount i noticed it sounds like a squeeky toy :/ ... bummed me out a bit that's for sure
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    when "sprinting" on the flame wolf mount i noticed it sounds like a squeeky toy :/ ... bummed me out a bit that's for sure

I have a lot of respect for the sound people for this game, but they seem to have a problem making wolf mounts sound right.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 3, 2017 1:16AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weirder and the more out of place it looks the better.
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

I have a lot of respect for the sound people for this game, but they seem to have a problem making wolf mounts sound right.

completely agree .... the doom wolf sounds like one of those train whistles .... and the flame atro wolf sounds like a squeeky toy ... the highland wolf is the closest sounding ... but sounds more like a regular dog though
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely prefer the non-flashy mounts... still love my lioness and I like the white wolf that’s fairly new...
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh I think all the atro mounts look pretty dumb honestly
    Edited by Katahdin on December 4, 2017 5:27AM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I would buy from Crown Store in a heartbeat would be a magic toggle to turn off all the damn flashy mounts, vanity pets(hate hate HATE, especially in dungeons) and costumes on my screen. I know it's never gonna happen but a girl can dream.
    Options
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    I use whatever doesn't stagger or slows down for no reason and it's always the senche, horses are ok but the clippitty clop gets a bit annoying when you're on it for stretches and wolves seem to be sluggish for some reason but other "flashier" mounts are just too noisy

What's funny is I like the "clippitty clop" of the horse hooves. It reminds me of traveling in DAoC. My main is a Khajiit and I love the look of the Pride-King Lion mount, but it took me a while to get used to the quietness and the gait.

As for all the other mounts, I'm not a fan of the Dro-m'Athra, Flame, Frost, Mind-shriven, Nightmare, Plague, Skeletal, Storm, or Wild Hunt mounts.

I think the reason these "flashier" mounts bother many of us is because of their use in the tight quarters of towns and cities where they're in-your-face. Kind of like players who use vehicles on the stations in SWTOR. Out in the wilds, they're barely noticeable because you're either passing by at a good clip or people are dismounted to fight/forage/etc.
    PC NA
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that can be tamed is OK for me. Dwarven ones were also nice additions.
    Options
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all the different mounts just for the sake of variety. Cool seeing a ton of toons, a lot of them riding different mounts.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
    Options
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tamed an insect, now I’m riding it :)
    Options
  • shrillowl
    shrillowl
    Soul Shriven
    I feel like it's lore breaking.

Anyone ever played Perfect World? Remember the giant floating goldfish? Yeah.
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the more boring mounts best, like the tiger or other kitties. I also like the mildly flashy mounts like the frost mare or the plague horse. I thought I would like the exploding black and blue kitty, but its too noisy and too flashy so I never use it. I also do not have any of the flashy kitties from crates, so I am not sure, but I think they would also be too noisy and too flashy. But maybe not, I am not sure.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t like the death mounts nor do I like the new fiery mounts... just way overdone.

At this point I can imagine ZOS releasing a unicorn mount that farts rainbows.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I didn’t like the death mounts nor do I like the new fiery mounts... just way overdone.

At this point I can imagine ZOS releasing a unicorn mount that farts rainbows.

Shhhh damnit, Don’t spoil the surprise!

Really though, I don’t know if a unicorn mount would surprise me anymore. There was a unicorn in Oblivon, so Zeni would probably be like, “Dur, it’s totally lore friendly (and we could sell it for 8,000 crowns!)”.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options