The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update on Grouping Issues, Mysterious Reward Boxes & Maintenance Announcement

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by altemriel on December 3, 2017 9:45PM
  • mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you fix the "Loot Drops" too!!!
    1 Lockpick and a "Undaunted Plunder Chest" are pretty crappy "Rewards" for such a hyped up event!!!!

wait... What? You got a lockpick? That's a new low. My worst reward was a treasure map :D
  • qbkitsune
    qbkitsune
    ✭✭
    I just want to join in pointing out folks in Asia/Oceania are usually getting maintenance during their peak hours. I guess we can accept that’s what we get for being in Australia or Japan or wherever that ZOS isn’t. I get that if you have a server hosting multiple regions, undoubtedly somebody has to deal with maintenance during their prime playing time. However, scheduling it to affect us *every single time* isn’t all that cool. Maybe there are fewer of us, and even fewer of us with ESO+, but perhaps there would be more of us paying and playing if we weren’t always facing down times.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did some random dungeons yesterday on PC-EU but didn't receive any reward boxes. This event is broken as hell!
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qbkitsune wrote: »
    I just want to join in pointing out folks in Asia/Oceania are usually getting maintenance during their peak hours. I guess we can accept that’s what we get for being in Australia or Japan or wherever that ZOS isn’t. I get that if you have a server hosting multiple regions, undoubtedly somebody has to deal with maintenance during their prime playing time. However, scheduling it to affect us *every single time* isn’t all that cool. Maybe there are fewer of us, and even fewer of us with ESO+, but perhaps there would be more of us paying and playing if we weren’t always facing down times.

Yeah mate, dont think they can understand us.
    Even suggested them doing it at 6pm est instead of am. To help us out once in 3 years.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about for the people who haven't even been able to log in yet? Do we just miss out on today's reward altogether?

Probably, ZoS has never, EVER fessed up to a mistake. It is a very clear signal of their character,
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can this one make a little suggestion for a possible way of easing the upset for those who could not get in or who could not get the group finder to work?

One box for each character in the mail for every player. Therefore no one can say they have lost out on anything they could otherwise have gained had everything been working as planned (apart from xp, dungeon loot etc but let's set those aside for now shall we ...)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 Lockpick and a "Undaunted Plunder Chest" are pretty crappy "Rewards" for such a hyped up event!!!!

wait... What? You got a lockpick? That's a new low. My worst reward was a treasure map :D

Yup. 1 lockpick..... :(
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is like the "Santa giving coal" of ESO. Have you been bad this year? :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

This is like the "Santa giving coal" of ESO. Have you been bad this year? :trollface:

Lol... I did get some Mimic Stones too!!!! a.k.a.... "I got a rock....." :smiley:
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can this one make a little suggestion for a possible way of easing the upset for those who could not get in or who could not get the group finder to work?

One box for each character in the mail for every player. Therefore no one can say they have lost out on anything they could otherwise have gained had everything been working as planned (apart from xp, dungeon loot etc but let's set those aside for now shall we ...)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

would be a nice gesture, to calm down emotions going high!
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we're TESTING on live servers again?
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I have details of decline issue, maybe it can help: when ready check appears, it stays on screen very short time, 2-3 seconds, and then dissappear. If I press F fast enough, game receive my ready message. But if I press not fast enough, screen message disappears and other member in group can see that I didn't confirm ready check (my role icon on right upper corner remain dark).
  • ItchyTheRat
    ItchyTheRat
    ✭✭✭
    malchior wrote: »
    So we're TESTING on live servers again?

aren't we always, feels to me like im paying to be a ZOS labrat
    Hail fishers of Tamriel! Tired of herring about these boring guilds? Ever thought of reely getting the Master Angler achievement but find it too tedious to tackle it alone, or just wanting to fish for the heck of it? Well stay shark cause <Angler Management> is now recruiting fellow fishers! (PC EU) PM in game for an invite
  • Reventius
    Reventius
    ✭✭
    @zenimax Im not sure if this is were i post this but... I brought the imperial edition and i can't play this game on my 98 IBM and its your fault. When trying to install the game I got chip crumbs in my keyboard. Please send technical help.
    For The Covenant!

"I made the CV for each
    a character with a story comes to life
    without it, it is like the spoon in the cupboard"

-Azurya
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    No apologies needed. Compensation. That's the word you need to learn to pronounce.

Could be small but the player base has been coping with this flowing rivers of inadequacies.
    Time to start to give something back.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you would jump as quickly and enthuastic about fixing and enthuastic
    Weps wrote: »
    No apologies needed. Compensation. That's the word you need to learn to pronounce.

Could be small but the player base has been coping with this flowing rivers of inadequacies.
    Time to start to give something back.

Good luck with that. ZoS ha not compensated regarding the load screens either and compared to that blunder this is "peanut" affair.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know but I would remark my position about compensation every occasion I get until I don't see something done about it.
    I mean, it doesn't cost me anything to write it, it doesn't cost them anything to read it and think about it so what's the problem with that?

:D
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    everyone should get a crown create or a few for the troubles or a extra day, i know i said this before but it would make ppl happy and give the New players something to tell there friends about thats good aka response option 1 how good the developers of the game are when a problem happens and recovering the event from a crisis. response option 2 this games buggy as hell the developers seem to act on the bugs fast, but the event suffered from it
    Edited by fallentemplar on December 1, 2017 11:12AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    Also no issues on PS4

I'm having problems on PS4 NA... :neutral:
    I've got a preformed group. Keeps saying a member is declining, even though we're not even getting a chance to accept, in most cases...

Before I logged off last night, I was having the same issue. Went through 20 "declines" and thought "to Oblivion with it" and went to bed. :) Glad they're working on a fix for all platforms.

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »

Even suggested them doing it at 6pm est instead of am. To help us out once in 3 years.

Maintenance at 6PM EST for an American company?

Are you suggesting the programmers, developers in an American company need to alter their schedules completely to accommodate international users?

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. I work for a company that has vendors in Europe and Asia. They all work on EST/CST time zone schedules. Any maintenance or training they need to do is done in off hours in the US. (Not Primetime US).

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

perfect, so chances of this happening.....

probably the same as ZO$ making an event with no bugs lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • winterwolfwitchneb18_ESO
    Do we know how long (aprox) this downtime is going to last? Another 4 hours like maintenance, or it is more likely to be 1-2 hours?
    Thanks and sorry if I missed if it was asked/posted previously.

Arcana| Altmer Sorcerer (DC/DD)
    Lycana Wolfborn| Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (EP/DD)
    Pyra Ignata | Dunmer DragonKnight (DC/DD)
    La'rra Khargarvi | Khajiit Nightblade (EP/DD)
    Wolfwitch Bloodmoon| Breton Templar (DC/Healer)

• ESO_Maya
    ESO_Maya
    ✭✭✭
  • requin02
    requin02
    ✭✭
    1 patch that broke the game, 1 event that broke the game, nice month you are having at Zeni. Can't wait for Christmas.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's low, even by Zenimax' loot table standards.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »

Maintenance at 6PM EST for an American company?

Are you suggesting the programmers, developers in an American company need to alter their schedules completely to accommodate international users?

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. I work for a company that has vendors in Europe and Asia. They all work on EST/CST time zone schedules. Any maintenance or training they need to do is done in off hours in the US. (Not Primetime US).

Coming from two other mmos, guilds wars 2 which had theirs around 11am est but wasnt down for long, even even noticed them having a maintenance in the 2 and half years with them. Which moved it just out of our prime time and swtor which theirs was midday est, again out of any major peak time.

So yes, if you sell to an international market, carter to ALL your consumers. Not just the ones in your back yard.
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    Also no issues on PS4

This. PS4 groups are fine, let us play.

It's great that you haven't experienced the issues, but that isn't the case for everyone on PS4 (EU, in my case). The dungeon finder was broken (not as bad as PC, though) during peak time, and settled down as it got late into the night.

Just because you haven't had problems, doesn't mean there hasn't been any. I'm quite glad they are fixing it.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 servers back online!
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the only person in Vivic City, crafting area. Creepy :)
This discussion has been closed.