The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update on Grouping Issues, Mysterious Reward Boxes & Maintenance Announcement

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »
    PS4 servers back online!

PC as well...

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was quite quick! Awesomesauce!
  • palahnyurchin
    palahnyurchin
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully xbox servers will be online soon... :(
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI: We anticipate downtime for this maintenance to be a few hours, though PC and PS4 will likely come back online before XBox (since Xbox will have a patch accompanying it).

How big of a patch are we looking at on Xbox?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for ps4 was 18+ gig
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• palahnyurchin
    palahnyurchin
    ✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    for ps4 was 18+ gig

What????? I thought it was said by Gina it was only 417 MB in size in PS4...
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope you are correct but ps4 re-downloaded 18+ giga last Tuesday (patch day)
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• palahnyurchin
    palahnyurchin
    ✭✭✭
    hope you are correct but ps4 re-downloaded 18+ giga last Tuesday (patch day)

I'm just looking at the patch notes she posted last Tuesday and it said 417 MB but of course, who knows. I just really hope it's not 18 GB cause goodbye to a whole day of playing then...
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI: We anticipate downtime for this maintenance to be a few hours, though PC and PS4 will likely come back online before XBox (since Xbox will have a patch accompanying it).

How big of a patch are we looking at on Xbox?
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    qbkitsune wrote: »
    I just want to join in pointing out folks in Asia/Oceania are usually getting maintenance during their peak hours. I guess we can accept that’s what we get for being in Australia or Japan or wherever that ZOS isn’t. I get that if you have a server hosting multiple regions, undoubtedly somebody has to deal with maintenance during their prime playing time. However, scheduling it to affect us *every single time* isn’t all that cool. Maybe there are fewer of us, and even fewer of us with ESO+, but perhaps there would be more of us paying and playing if we weren’t always facing down times.

Yeah mate, dont think they can understand us.
    Even suggested them doing it at 6pm est instead of am. To help us out once in 3 years.

Maintenance at 6PM EST for an American company?

Are you suggesting the programmers, developers in an American company need to alter their schedules completely to accommodate international users?

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. I work for a company that has vendors in Europe and Asia. They all work on EST/CST time zone schedules. Any maintenance or training they need to do is done in off hours in the US. (Not Primetime US).

An American company who have global offices, surely the office in Ireland could have looked after the EU maintenance
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Are you suggesting the programmers, developers in an American company need to alter their schedules completely to accommodate international users?

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. I work for a company that has vendors in Europe and Asia. They all work on EST/CST time zone schedules. Any maintenance or training they need to do is done in off hours in the US. (Not Primetime US).

There are North American and European servers, so I do think that catering to both sets of customers would be entirely sensible.

Most large international companies have teams of workers that operate in customers' local time zones. If that were to happen, staggered maintenance times wouldn't be hard to implement. Granted, catering to a worldwide customer base with two servers isn't going to cut the mustard for Asian/Oceanic regions -but that's a gripe that goes further than just maintenance times (I've read complaints about high ping for example).

As an aside, I'm often frustrated to see times quoted in either Pacific or Eastern U.S. zones. Localisation is an important part of good customer service and just assuming that everybody is au fait with U.S. mores verges on ignorance in my opinion. The occasional reference to CET in brackets betrays an attitude that goes far deeper than just time zones.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason the Rocking Horse in Brisbane is not answering their phone right now so I can return a defective CD.
    Don't understand it, it is after 8:00 AM EST here in Miami. :D
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Nice. We be glad get through them faster tomorrow. 14 characters was a mistake. :sweat_smile:

Speak English Tarvy... :p

Edited by Nermy on December 1, 2017 1:21PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Bajlk
    Bajlk
    ✭✭✭
    Why I can't convert crap from boxes into crown gems?
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha.. another event, another issue(s). Working as intended; no change. Ha ha ha. I was pretty sure there's something fishy going on when it's kept repeatedly saying someone had declined and I was placed at the front of the queue continuously. Again, similar to the loading screen issue, previously, I had lost count. I believe it was about 15 or so times when I actually got into a dungeon. The second trying for a dungeon, and the same kept repeatedly and consecutively occurring. Again, similar to the loading screen fiasco, I gave up. However, kudos for the good ZOS team and Gina for addressing it and getting on it. Please keep up the communication and updates, as needed, on your end.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pod88kkk
    Xbox patch is tiny... I don't have the best download speeds in the world (pretty average) and it was done in less time than it took me to make a cup of coffee
    Edited by supaskrub on December 1, 2017 1:47PM
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bajlk wrote: »

I can only guess it's because the event boxes doesn't count as crown boxes, so the loot might not count as it.
    Just my guess, not gotten anything close to a crown item from them.
    Edited by PrinceDamien on December 1, 2017 1:45PM
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on the missing lootboxes from yesterday @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • palahnyurchin
    palahnyurchin
    ✭✭✭
    @pod88kk

hey, for me the patch size is 830.83 MB. :)
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only guess it's because the event boxes doesn't count as crown boxes, so the loot might not count as it.

maybe the real answer is more financial... Crown Gems are expensive things and making it so that you could convert a free item into a "paid for item" would hurt marketing forecasts for revenue from the new crown crate season..
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @pod88kk

hey, for me the patch size is 830.83 MB. :)

Thanks mate, Mines downloading now too. Hope the servers come back online before I have to go to work
  • qbkitsune
    qbkitsune
    ✭✭

As an American abroad in Asia, I get that most of the programmers and whatnot are working normal hours in the US (though a 6am maintenance time is quite early compared to the standard 9-5). However, most of the companies I’ve worked for try to be flexible and accommodate all their clients, not just the domestic ones. They hire additional staff for night shifts or whatever additional time zones they need to cover depending on the services they provide, especially if they’ve spent time marketing their services abroad. Zos does this well from what I’ve experienced. Or at least, I’ve never had any major problems working with their tech support when issues arise.

In your case, you mentioned vendors. Vendors want to sell something to you and thus want to accommodate you and your schedule. Otherwise they risk you finding another vendor. In this case, we are clients and Zos is the vendor. Nothing loses a client base faster than saying you will not accommodate them.

However, I agree that 6pm is inconvenient. 6am or pm is a bad idea. I would suggest doing it around 11am EST during the week. I don’t know the stats, but I doubt too many people are logging in for a lunchtime dungeon crawl. That would be 1am in Asia (give or take depending on where you are). Then if the updates only take a 2-4 hours, you still avoid the prime times in both regions (both usually on the NA server). It cuts it a little close for Europe depending on the update time, but you could also implement a separate update time a few hours earlier since it’s a different server. This sort of shift in scheduling also lets the US tech folks work a normal 9-5, so overall it would be a win.

I know forever ago someone mentioned a rolling sort of maintenance times to solve the problem. I’m sure others have other (and potentially better) solutions to fix the problem.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for ps4 was 18+ gig

What????? I thought it was said by Gina it was only 417 MB in size in PS4...

It was 417MB for PS4. Only thing that took long for me was the PS4 needed to copy over some data files which took 15 minutes. Might be different for XB1, so I dunno.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My update is stuck at 36% :s
  • Bajlk
    Bajlk
    ✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »

maybe the real answer is more financial... Crown Gems are expensive things and making it so that you could convert a free item into a "paid for item" would hurt marketing forecasts for revenue from the new crown crate season..

So greedy?! :o
    Edited by Bajlk on December 1, 2017 2:17PM
  • winterwolfwitchneb18_ESO
    That was certainly worth the wait and additional downtime... ? https://www.screencast.com/t/kBbPx98KC4
    2nd day of not being able to get in a group through the dungeon finder.

Arcana| Altmer Sorcerer (DC/DD)
    Lycana Wolfborn| Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (EP/DD)
    Pyra Ignata | Dunmer DragonKnight (DC/DD)
    La'rra Khargarvi | Khajiit Nightblade (EP/DD)
    Wolfwitch Bloodmoon| Breton Templar (DC/Healer)

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    In order to address the grouping issues encountered since the dungeon event began, we're planning to bring all megaservers down for maintenance tomorrow morning beginning at 6am EST. The plan is to fix various issues relating to grouping caused by such a large number of players using the system including being unable to leave or disband a group, pass lead to another player, queue for a dungeon through the Grouping Tool, or the UI stating someone has declined a group even if everyone has accepted.

Due to the type of fix this entails, we're also planning to publish the Xbox One incremental patch during the maintenance time. Included in this patch is the fix for the long loading screen issue.

For those that have been attempting to run through a random daily dungeon today, or already completed the random daily dungeon prior to 10am EST this morning, we’ll make sure you receive your extra sweepstakes entry (if you meet eligibility) and are looking into how to send your Mysterious Reward Box.

We apologize for the frustration this may have caused, and appreciate your patience.

Should I submit a ticket for my 6 boxes I wasn't able to get then?
    That's not necessary at this time. When we have a plan for the boxes, we'll let everyone know.

Huyen wrote: »
    Any update on the missing lootboxes from yesterday @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Not yet. It may take some time to figure out; it's not as simple as just clicking a button that sends everyone a box.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you taking in account, that people who probably would have done dailies with several characters, gave up after the first one wouldn't work?
    Me for example, I tried with two characters, but I have 4max cp characters and two smaller ones, and I would have at least done with 4 of them - but since I was waiting and trying for quite a long time with one of my characters, and looking in the forums later on, but saw it wasnt fixed yet, thought you would probably add another day ...
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Bajlk
    Bajlk
    ✭✭✭

Since you are still posting here (and I guess you saw my post), could you answer this, please?
  • bigspender42002
    bigspender42002
    ✭✭✭
    once again ZOS drops the ball!
  • Zombiehunter7X
    Hi Gina I had no issues yesterday on ps4 but after todays maintenance i ain't getting mailed any boxes after doing a random dungeon,thought I'd bring it up.
    Ps4
    EU
    Argonian dragonknight tank V16
    Ebonheart Pact
    Free WW&V bite community helper
This discussion has been closed.