The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Warden need a Nerf

Alfie2072
Alfie2072
✭✭✭
In your own opinion, do you agree or disagree that wardens need a nerf? lets get zos to actually see how we feel
Edited by Alfie2072 on November 22, 2017 9:40AM
PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
Worst Twitch Streamer Here

Does Warden need a Nerf 184 votes

Yes!
35%
JWillCHScalitrumanb14_ESOArobainVynnkaithuzarIruil_ESOWillhelmBlackmelloni_aleb16_ESOKoensolWitarKetarmishAektannWingIdinuserimmidimdimHanzusToRelaxKartalinSorisZouni 66 votes
No!
64%
Joy_Divisiondodgehopper_ESODeadlyRecluseMojmirdeepseamk20b14_ESOLightspeedflashb14_ESODarcyMardincavakthestampedeBaByDontHurtMeWuffyCeruleilolo_01b16_ESOAsaredIduyennmareikeb16_ESOAzuryaTurelusSodanTokDredlordDomanderSharee 118 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Nope. I think they're about the right place with strengths and weaknesses like all other classes.

The only major issue is a stack of Wardens with Drive spam as it can't be countered.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Turelus wrote: »
    Nope. I think they're about the right place with strengths and weaknesses like all other classes.

The only major issue is a stack of Wardens with Drive spam as it can't be countered.

i highly agree, personally i think the only things wrong with warden is the spamable birds that you cant counter, and those spider things that get placed on the ground (im not sure what its called)
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    No not too long ago everyone was complaining about them being so terrible now that the class has become fotm it’s a different story.

The class doesn’t need a nerf everyone is just catching on to how good the class is (specifically stam Warden) albeit many people knew this already when they first showed the skills and passives but no one believes anything until someone popular says or shows otherwise.

Edited by CatchMeTrolling on November 22, 2017 10:26AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Polls for Salty pvpers need a nerf
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Mureel wrote: »

im not salty at all, actually i havent been killed by a warden all night, just want peoples opinions, but hey thats cool xD
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

You can add shimmering shield to that - it´s far to effective against any projectile based build when you compare costs to benefits - if you add harness or dampen on top it becomes flatout broken.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Derra wrote: »

You can add shimmering shield to that - it´s far to effective against any projectile based build when you compare costs to benefits - if you add harness or dampen on top it becomes flatout broken.

Yeah I’d say shimmering plus harness pretty much shuts down most magic builds but I really think shimmering ult regen needs tweaking, it’s the only skill that I think is silly.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on November 22, 2017 10:30AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

Yeah I’d say shimmering plus harness pretty much shuts down most magic builds but I really think shimmering ult regen needs tweaking, it’s the only skill that I think is silly.

I have to say i can´t quite pin down what irritates me about shimmering the most. The ult gain is great. The cost ist WAY too low. The absorb is insanely potent defense in itself.

EDIT:
    LIke compare it to DK wings:
    ultgain far outclasses reflect (imo)
    wings reflect 1 projectile more
    wings costs more than 5 times as much - WHAT?!?!! (698 magica for shimmering with absorbed projectile magica return figured in compared to 3780 magica for wings)

Having used it myself what irritates me also is the ease of use. It´s the only dmgshield like mechanic that gives clear indication via sound and visual effects when you have to recast it.
    Edited by Derra on November 22, 2017 10:51AM
    <Noricum>

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!

I have to say i can´t quite pin down what irritates me about shimmering. The ult gain is great. The cost ist too low. The absorb is insanely potent defense in itself.

Having used it myself what irritates me also is the ease of use. It´s the only dmgshield like mechanic that gives clear indication via sound and visual effects when you have to recast it.

I use it on my magic Warden with the combination of harness plus I run SnB, magic builds just feed magic and ult. Even when you’re out numbered it’s over the top, I think the problem is the ult regen and the combination of sustain/mitigation you can get. I actually have a clip where I had an ult before my ult was over.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

I have to say i can´t quite pin down what irritates me about shimmering. The ult gain is great. The cost ist too low. The absorb is insanely potent defense in itself.

I use it on my magic Warden with the combination of harness plus I run SnB, magic builds just feed magic and ult. Even when you’re out numbered it’s over the top, I think the problem is the ult regen and the combination of sustain/mitigation you can get. I actually have a clip where I had an ult before my ult was over.

I´ve edited my post a bit to compare it to DK wings - and got high bloodpressure just looking at the numbers.
    WTF is one thinking that designs this nonsense.
    <Noricum>

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    I'd say turn a portion of Subterranean Assault's damage into a DOT and the class will be in a good place.

Lets you cut down some of their burst in PVP, while not hurting Warden DPS at all in PVE.

Cutting down the upfront damage of the ability means you need to have more of a trade-off between damage and tankiness, and should help move the class into a healthier place overall.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!

I´ve edited my post a bit to compare it to DK wings - and got high bloodpressure just looking at the numbers.
    WTF is one thinking that designs this nonsense.

I don’t usually post clips but this was earlier this month, mind you its NO CP

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Zerg Me Down/video/39700935
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Alfie2072 wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »

im not salty at all, actually i havent been killed by a warden all night, just want peoples opinions, but hey thats cool xD

Oh you aren't the first to be all Boo hoo Wardens in PVP xD

Sorry too - I wasn't talking about you directly - even though I see now how it looks like that because you made the poll!

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmering Shield needs its' magicka restore removed, as a starting point. It refunds itself at the moment while also giving total immunity to projectile damage...

Dive needs to be dodgeable and reflectable (redesign the skill if that makes it impractical to use).

Scorch needs to be blockable and possibly dodgeable too. It's not a ground-targetted AoE and should definitely be blockable like any other PBAoE.

Trees have no real use anymore post-nerf. Up the cost to 150 or so but revert the healing output nerf. Right now you can still spam it to be really hard to kill in a 1v1 but when youre up against multiple people the healing is just insignificant and you might as well use 1h+s ulti. In other words, the ulti has no good use at the moment.

These changes would go a long way to making wardens a little less stupid.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

maining Warden (magicka) since it came out, heres a small set of changes that (imo) would help Wardens keeping identity & power, while satisfying some of the more ovious complaints. I am speaking strictly from pvp perspective. I am aiming mostly to finetune through ressource management, because I think those changes, combined with the incoming nerfs to block will basically dampen or eliminate most issues that are perceived as grossly overperforming.

However, I intentionally didn`t touch certain aspects, that are complained about because I do think they are a) not as bad as people make it out to be or b) indirectly affected by changes to ressource management. Best example for this would be Dive - I hate that skill, I don't use that skill. Nonetheless, I think its undodgable nature has a place in the game and shouldnt be the first element to consider while modifying.

- Shimmering shield (morphed from Crystallized Shield): 50-100% cost increase
    - Subterranean assault (morphed from Scorch): cost increase (mirroring Deep Fissure cost)
    - Dive (and morphs): 15% damage decrease, 10-20% cost increase
    - Cutting Dive (morphed from Dive): add effect - Minor Breach & Minor Fracture for 10 sec

Please keep in mind that those changes should be accompanied by a set of small buffs to underused (or underperforming) skills & morphs to allow for more diversity, i.e. a 25% cost decrease to arctic wind.

Enjoy.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I'd say turn a portion of Subterranean Assault's damage into a DOT and the class will be in a good place.

Lets you cut down some of their burst in PVP, while not hurting Warden DPS at all in PVE.

Cutting down the upfront damage of the ability means you need to have more of a trade-off between damage and tankiness, and should help move the class into a healthier place overall.

I think this sort of stuff is really what’s needed. Not nerfed, really. Need to move it a little away from PVP built and more toward PVE.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that Warden is too strong in general, I would rather describe the class as bad designed. It kinda hardcounters dodge builds and projectile builds which is a bad thing in my opinion and should get reworked.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on November 22, 2017 11:24AM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    I know a lot of people have hate for dive for obvious reasons but if you make it where it's able to be dodged you'd pretty much have to run destro on a mag warden limiting it's options.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I know a lot of people have hate for dive for obvious reasons but if you make it where it's able to be dodged you'd pretty much have to run destro on a mag warden limiting it's options.

If they made subassault easier to hit with not really though as dodging would expose you to the stun from sub assault. It would be a tradeoff.
    <Noricum>

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Bird spam. Just make it blockable. No class should have an unavoidable high damage spam. Other than that whatever. No self respecting player spam birds anyway, only zergs.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!

If they made subassault easier to hit with not really though as dodging would expose you to the stun from sub assault. It would be a tradeoff.

Possibly could work but knowing zos they'll make it where it can be dodged but buff the damage.
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Outside of racer spam, I think they are right where they should be. However, I wish that the bear ult was more usable. It was one of the major selling features of the class, and it's pretty much worthless. I love playing my warden, and love how it interplays and counterplays with other classes. (I also don't even have racers on my bar)
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Sixty5 wrote: »

As a PVE warden, I would say the suggested DoT would need to do its full damage over 3s or this would be a massive DPS loss. Casting the shalks every 3s is key to the class and rotation.

Don't forget that magicka warden DPS in PVE is still far behind other classes (maybe on par with Templar, they are in a bad place too). Any PVP nerfs should be accompanied by a PVE buff.

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Some of their skills need reworked but I don't think they need a universal nerf to damage or anything like that
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Some PvPers won't be happy until our classes can only light and heavy attack.

If ZoS hadn't listened to PvPers in the first place and gutted the power and distinctiveness of our classes, then maybe Wardens wouldn't seem so scary OP needing a nerf.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No!
    Warden needs some changes that's for sure, but not straight up nerfs.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »
    In your own opinion, do you agree or disagree that wardens need a nerf? lets get zos to actually see how we feel

Personally all classes should be nerfed. I think sustain is still too good. I think a good counter play would be to soft cap resource pools to 20K. Increase costs by 2 and decrease the amount of resources gained from pots, heavy attack, and abilities like ele drain and orbs. This would bring balance back to my RP builds that I like to play in Stonefalls.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    No (even though the pigeons are annoying :tongue:)
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Since PvPers are louder than PvEers, Warden gets nerfed. Period.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    There's a misconception that shimmering acts like a normal shield, each piece has a limited amount of damage to absorb, there is splash damage.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds