The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Does Warden need a Nerf

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    So tired if the crap players that come to forums to cry nerf. Go play PVE.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding a DoT to the end of sub-assault is not a nerf, it will create a new build that’s even more unbalanced than the current stam warden meta
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    You'd say no until you see one living through a ton of organised, concentrated fire then 2 shotting everyone in your group 1 by 1.

Like Stam DK has always been strong. They are weaklings compared to a Stam Warden.

It's also easy to say "stay out of the front cone". Easier said than done in a lot of situations, you cannot permanently kite if you want to do them any damage back on most classes and variants.

Sub Assault too powerful for an unblockable.

Pigeons undodgeable.

Shimmering Shield better than Reflective Scales.

Tree Ultimate, say no more. Permafrost makes you sheath your damn weapons and there's a moment before you can break free.

Best Passives in game due to the nerfing of the other classes passives.

Who play tested them at ZOS? How have they not been adjusted yet? It's been months.

Actually the other classes passives was nerfed. To introduce Warden into the game without Power-creeping it to hell.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No!
    IMO
    Sub assault needs to have lower damage so people that layer all the strongest abilities in the game with it are nerfed and everyone else cant use it
    Shimmering magicka cost needs to be greatly increased and return greatly decreased so heavy armor stamwardens have problem to keep it up 100% and medium warden cant use it at all
    Soothing Spores heal has to be lowered and the Major Mending passive removed so people cant just use heal once or two times for 6k stamina at low heal and suddenly be above 50%
    Dive needs to be dodgeable and deal low amount of damage so 20 people spamming at once cant kill people that just used their 5 dodge roll combo to LoS
    And trees... oh these are fine, forum armada already made sure trees are like vigor for 90 ulti.
    hqdefault.jpg

/sarcasm, but those are variants of actual ideas people are throwing around to nerf all 10 god wardens in the game so they are just good and everyone else feels bad as DK players
    Edited by SodanTok on November 24, 2017 6:37PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    SodanTok wrote: »
    IMO
    Sub assault needs to have lower damage so people that layer all the strongest abilities in the game with it are nerfed and everyone else cant use it
    Shimmering magicka cost needs to be greatly increased and return greatly decreased so heavy armor stamwardens have problem to keep it up 100% and medium warden cant use it at all
    Soothing Spores heal has to be lowered and the Major Mending passive removed so people cant just use heal once or two times for 6k stamina at low heal and suddenly be above 50%
    Dive needs to be dodgeable and deal low amount of damage so 20 people spamming at once cant kill people that just used their 5 dodge roll combo to LoS
    And trees... oh these are fine, forum armada already made sure trees are like vigor for 90 ulti.
    /sarcasm, but those are variants of actual ideas people are throwing around to nerf all 10 god wardens in the game so they are just good and everyone else feels bad as DK players

I was gonna say... Lmao got me.

I haven't faced any Warden that stood out beyond that of any other exceptional player on their class.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    It’s just a really versatile class. Too versatile.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    In PvP I personally don't think Wardens need a nerf. My playtime between my classes, all of them magicka and stamina based. Has shown me Nightblade is still slightly superior to warden damage and mobility. Magplar is slightly superior to warden's healing ability. Sorc is slightly superior to warden's group utility. DKs are just in dire need of some love.

Warden is fine atm. It's like the Jack of all Trades, Master of None.
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    More like "jack of all trades, master of burst, ult gen, stam healing and sustain"
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Stamden needs toning down, and some skills could use a bit of an overhaul (Arctic Wind and Crystallized Shield being the obvious ones)

But no "heavy" nerfs.

Lmfao... No... No... No heavy nerfs.... BUHAHAHABABABABbsbNJahahahahaha!

Maybe I should've worded that differently... :p

I meant nerfs that make a skill semi-useless, which I could see happening to Crystallized Shield.

Or blanket nerfs. ZOS' lazy approach to deal with an overperforming morph is to nerf base skill and both morphs. Like what they did to Incap when they changed it to do Disease Damage instead of Magic: ZOS nerfed Death Stroke and Soul Harvest along with it, despite that they weren't an issue. The same thing could happen here to Scorch and Deep Fissure because Sub Assault is too strong

Stamina Warden is too strong, so it does need toning down. But I'd rather see some detailed fine-tuning or some skills getting an overhaul rather than just outright getting nerfed and having the fun sucked out of a class
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Aren‘t those kinds of Threads forbidden?

Well anyway... nerf Blades cuz of stealth and bombs. And unavoidable fear!!! Omg!
    Nerf templars... those jabs Hit to hard
    Nerf weaponglyphs into oblivion they hit to hard!
    Nerf iladris its to poweful and i dont have it.
    Nerf dk‘s they stink... especially the turtles
    Oh! Nerf blockig.... way op
    Nerf sorcs... do i really have to say why?
    Nerf lags an loadingscreens, cuz i hate them...
    Nerf oils. I hate purge.
    Nerf werewolfs... they need a buff.
    Nerf everyone else, because i am a warden and get rekt by everyone.

Where are the good old days, where you only had to be a vamp dk to kill whole zergs.

Warden is Not op. I had enough ppl with adequate counters/escapes.
    Pidgeons are not op.
    With 33k armor and 3,2k critresist+ Full cp defence, there are still ppl hitting equally with their st non ult skills.

Oh and Nerf 2h asylum ultimate spammer.

There will never be balance, because of different playstyle, Skill and constellations.

Prove? We still have setups surviving 1v10 sometimes even killing them.
    And those are mostly not wardens...

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shield: Make reflects be 3 per target, but make the mag return cap out at 3. (A buff)

Dive: Dodgable and deflectable. Needs to happen.

Everything else is fine.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 25, 2017 3:19PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Shield: Make reflects be 3 per target, but make the mag return cap out at 3. (A buff)

Everything else is fine.

If Dive becomes dodgeable and reflectable. Then it needs to be a instant cast with no long travel time.

Or you might as well be deleting that ability and that's not balance. That just being petty, needlessly removing skills that you find to be a nuisance. Just because you refuse to adapt your build and playstyle. So you want to take away others instead.

So the next thing is to wonder your true intentions. Seems to me in your eyes. Everything is that beats your build and playstyle is overpowered and should be nerfed.

I judge you not because before I started multi-classing both magicka and stamina I was the same way. However since I've started playing all of the classes both magicka and stamina variants. I was able to expand my once narrow vision of class balance outward.

In my experience the only classes that needs change atm is both DKs. That need a Alpha trait like the other classes have. They are slow, low burst damage, and have been neutered to make way for the Warden.

Also in a 1v1 and some 1v2s between my Stamblade and other Wardens and classes. Usually go highly in the favor of my Stamblade. IMHO Stamblade is more powerful than Stamden. A Templar can also rival a Warden.

But yes keep crying nerf. Because like the mSorc, once Warden gets nerfed into the ground. People like you will still be crying about something else that is brokenly overpowered. This is simply because people like you just need to L2P. Maybe if people like you nuthug the zerg less and spent more time practicing against so called OP classes you would have a completely different viewpoint.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on November 25, 2017 3:38PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

Everything else is fine.

If Dive becomes dodgeable and reflectable. Then it needs to be a instant cast with no long travel time.

Or you might as well be deleting that ability and that's not balance. That just being petty, needlessly removing skills that you find to be a nuisance. Just because you refuse to adapt your build and playstyle. So you want to take away others instead.

So the next thing is to wonder your true intentions. Seems to me in your eyes. Everything is that beats your build and playstyle is overpowered and should be nerfed.

I judge you not because before I started multi-classing both magicka and stamina I was the same way. However since I've started playing all of the classes both magicka and stamina variants. I was able to expand my once narrow vision of class balance outward.

In my experience the only classes that needs change atm is both DKs. That need a Alpha trait like the other classes have. They are slow, low burst damage, and have been neutered to make way for the Warden.

Also in a 1v1 and some 1v2s between my Stamblade and other Wardens and classes. Usually go highly in the favor of my Stamblade. IMHO Stamblade is more powerful than Stamden. A Templar can also rival a Warden.

But yes keep crying nerf. Because like the mSorc, once Warden gets nerfed into the ground. People like you will still be crying about something else that is brokenly overpowered. This is simply because people like you just need to L2P. Maybe if people like you nuthug the zerg less and spent more time practicing against so called OP classes you would have a completely different viewpoint.
    Stam blade is OP, but only in a very limited set of circumstances... and they are very weak in other circumstances, so I’m OK with them.

Stamden is OP in everything. It has no weakness, nothing that will hard counter it (although stamblade is the closest)

I play stamden btw...

Here’s an example of what I mean by stamdens being too versatile:

About halfway through this fight i swap from DPS to heals. Then I run out of resources and my light and heavy attacks heal my target

How is that balanced?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6mv0-Pjb09A
    Edited by Thogard on November 25, 2017 4:22PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Everything else is fine.

You are a whiny idiot. Do you even know what you are talking about?

Making a spammable like every other ranged spammable kills it? It already is insta cast, if you remove the delay, congrats you have just removed an important burst combo. It doesn't affect my builds at all, (DK/Mplar) I can block/heal through it fine. On my stamsorc I can spin round them enough that whilst bird might hit, shalks won't.

It doesn't kill warden, they still keep their unblockable AoE debuff burst, good healing, AoE defile. The things that make them unique. It just fixes the issue of a counterless spammy ability used predominantly by zergs.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 25, 2017 4:40PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Thogard wrote: »

Everything else is fine.

Stam blade is OP, but only in a very limited set of circumstances... and they are very weak in other circumstances, so I’m OK with them.

Stamden is OP in everything. It has no weakness, nothing that will hard counter it (although stamblade is the closest)

I play stamden btw...

Here’s an example of what I mean by stamdens being too versatile:

About halfway through this fight i swap from DPS to heals. Then I run out of resources and my light and heavy attacks heal my target

How is that balanced?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6mv0-Pjb09A

GD PC users and your OP mini map
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    I would rather see buffs to the other classes both stamina and magicka variants alike.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I would rather see buffs to the other classes both stamina and magicka variants alike.

Inb4 nerf to DK and templar again.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Stop nerfing things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    I think they are pretty bad, I don't have one but I haven't seen anyone that gives me troubles.

They can burst a lot with all their skills up but besides that they are not game breaking.

If you wanna nerf something nerf templars damage and heals in PvP.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Some PvPers won't be happy until our classes can only light and heavy attack.

If ZoS hadn't listened to PvPers in the first place and gutted the power and distinctiveness of our classes, then maybe Wardens wouldn't seem so scary OP needing a nerf.

There's a hidden "being back old eclipse and blinding flashes" in this comment lol

I agree, if all our other classes weren't need to the ground through 3+ years of complaining, then wardens wouldn't feel terrible. That assuming they added the warden in without much changes from when it was first designed.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Minno wrote: »

If ZoS hadn't listened to PvPers in the first place and gutted the power and distinctiveness of our classes, then maybe Wardens wouldn't seem so scary OP needing a nerf.

There's a hidden "being back old eclipse and blinding flashes" in this comment lol

I agree, if all our other classes weren't need to the ground through 3+ years of complaining, then wardens wouldn't feel terrible. That assuming they added the warden in without much changes from when it was first designed.

I'm still reeling from how bad the new eclipse is
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Minno wrote: »

I'm still reeling from how bad the new eclipse is

I make it work. But everyone that used total dark got shafted lol.

If only wardens shimmering shield stopped another things like curse and unstable core, that would be grand lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    we should stop this nonsens with NERFS over and over! And we should stop it NOW!

this whole game is wrecked due to nerfs which were good meant and turned out as bad!
    no more stamina in raids wanted, best tolerated, but not appreciated.
    we can go through endless lists about well meant nerfs which turned out wrong, and why this game lost its diversity due to this.

NO MORE NERFS!
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Without a doubt.

This game has turned into a bunch of *** tank builds doing no damage to each other.
    Edited by Smmokkee on November 30, 2017 4:25PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Wardens are in a good place right now. I would say that if any changes need to be made it would be in sets to help mag Wardens Damage in PVE as it is really lacking. PVP they are ok and a good utility class.

XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    Azurya wrote: »
    we should stop this nonsens with NERFS over and over! And we should stop it NOW!

this whole game is wrecked due to nerfs which were good meant and turned out as bad!
    no more stamina in raids wanted, best tolerated, but not appreciated.
    we can go through endless lists about well meant nerfs which turned out wrong, and why this game lost its diversity due to this.

NO MORE NERFS!

I'd say it's now bug fixing than nerfs that are needed.

Otherwise buff DK/Templar!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Hell no. Stan sorc can do the same one two punch as stam warden. And the winters embrace offensive abilities need a major buff if anything. Both are damned useless.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shimmering shield shouldn't pay for itself

sub assault should be blockable to reduce damage

boom balanced
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    HiImRex wrote: »

boom balanced

i keep reading about shimmering paying for itself, what am i missing? I just thought i gave major heroism on absorb.

and i disagree with blockable subA, it isnt a lock on target ability and requires aiming and timing to land. So just my 1 cent.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    HiImRex wrote: »

boom balanced

i keep reading about shimmering paying for itself, what am i missing? I just thought i gave major heroism on absorb.

and i disagree with blockable subA, it isnt a lock on target ability and requires aiming and timing to land. So just my 1 cent.

Shimmering returns magika on absorb and since its not a reflect and allows overflow damage you can also proc the constiution heavy armor passive potentially making shimmering literally free. Even if you don't negate all the cost, 1 regen tick covers what you used.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 1, 2017 4:45AM