The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Video] Magicka Nightblade 1vX PvP gameplay and build (clockwork city DLC ) / EU Vivec

Fel
Fel
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW63RYgE9b4&t=483s

a short series of 1vX fights from the Weekend with my new magicka nightblade frost damage build

sorry for the bad ingame grahpic quality, i had to record it on my University Laptop - i hope you are still able to enjoy it

have fun
Edited by Fel on November 9, 2017 6:35PM
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obvious swim speedhack in first clip !

Good vid fel =)
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you feel like magNB in winterborn is as strong as running 5x trans, 5x riposte, 2x Skoria?
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Do you feel like magNB in winterborn is as strong as running 5x trans, 5x riposte, 2x Skoria?

5x trans 5x riposte 2 skoria isnt strong mate. 5 shackle 4x necro is vastly better
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    Obvious swim speedhack in first clip !

Good vid fel =)

That first clip is what I imagine Michael Phelps would do on a Nightblade, if he played ESO.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »

5x trans 5x riposte 2 skoria isnt strong mate. 5 shackle 4x necro is vastly better

Two vastly different play styles. Both very strong and viable. Running shackle-necro is going to lend itself much better to kiting like you see OP doing, whereas trans/riposte is going to allow you to be more brawly.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 7, 2017 12:17AM
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Two vastly different play styles. Both very strong and viable. Running shackle-necro is going to lend itself much better to kiting like you see OP doing, whereas trans/riposte is going to allow you to be more brawly.

like I have mentioned at the end of the Video, this build is mainly for fun and cannot be compared to an adequate fire damage build.
    I even tried to use the iceheart set instead of scoria to go for a full frost damage build, but this set is sadly not balanced and good enough in its current state.
    that doesnt mean that this build is very weak, it can still deal with most enemies, and due to the drop of fear in favour for mark it can even easily deal with most stamblades.

if Players want a very high dmg build for 1vX, I would recommend to exchange the winterborn set and the froststaff for burning spellweave set and a fire staff, additionally I would go for destructive reach instead of mark to Offset the loss of fear even better (this way you can also choose between the two Arena fire staffs). the damage Output of this build would be about 20%+ higher and has 2 more dots (burning/destructive reach) to synergize with scoria
    Edited by Fel on November 7, 2017 10:37AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesson to be learned:

Do not fight an argonian near water :D

First clips was *** amazing, those kites omg :)
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

I liked trans ripo for group play. Playing solo or duelling it felt so inferior.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Im actually tryung to farm a winterborn ice staff atm. Run 5 overwhelimg with resto 5 winterborn with destro 2 skoria. Treble proc. Dirty. Call the build Storm.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im actually tryung to farm a winterborn ice staff atm. Run 5 overwhelimg with resto 5 winterborn with destro 2 skoria. Treble proc. Dirty. Call the build Storm.

I recently got a Winterborn Ice-staff. Took me 3,5 months to get it.......Only need one more golden ring of that set and I´m good to go :)
    Planning on using it on my warden tho, and not nightblade :)
    Edited by Qbiken on November 7, 2017 12:36PM
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I recently got a Winterborn Ice-staff. Took me 3,5 months to get it.......Only need one more golden ring of that set and I´m good to go :)

Re-traited it to charged and put an ice-enchantment on it XD

Try out the build i mentioned. Overwhelming has a unique ring , necklace and a defending resto.easy to farm
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Lesson to be learned:

Do not fight an argonian near water :D

First clips was *** amazing, those kites omg :)

cant wait for underwater pvp :D
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This video is awesome! Nice job man!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fel wrote: »

like I have mentioned at the end of the Video, this build is mainly for fun and cannot be compared to an adequate fire damage build.
    I even tried to use the iceheart set instead of scoria to go for a full frost damage build, but this set is sadly not balanced and good enough in its current state.
    that doesnt mean that this build is very weak, it can still deal with most enemies, and due to the drop of fear in favour for mark it can even easily deal with most stamblades.

if Players want a very high dmg build for 1vX, I would recommend to exchange the winterborn set and the froststaff for burning spellweave set and a fire staff, additionally I would go for destructive reach instead of mark to Offset the loss of fear even better (this way you can also choose between the two Arena fire staffs). the damage Output of this build would be about 20%+ higher and has 2 more dots (burning/destructive reach) to synergize with scoria

Yeah, I'm not knocking your setup. I really love winter born and ran a similar one for fun for a bit. That's why I love mageblade there's such a big scope of builds you can manage to make work.
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm not knocking your setup. I really love winter born and ran a similar one for fun for a bit. That's why I love mageblade there's such a big scope of builds you can manage to make work.

i agree. there are a lot of builds that provide a lot of fun as magicka nightblade and esp. compared to all the meta builds in this game almost everyone is playing

and the particular sets are probably less important than finding out for yourself what Kind of playstyle you like and develop your own build that fits your playstyle the best
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i agree. there are a lot of builds that provide a lot of fun as magicka nightblade and esp. compared to all the meta builds in this game almost everyone is playing

and the particular sets are probably less important than finding out for yourself what Kind of playstyle you like and develop your own build that fits your playstyle the best

I definitely agree. Even when min/maxing i approach mageblade different than other classes. In that I first figure out what style I'm wanting this particular setup to be then start approaching sets and math. With other classes the truly viable playstyles are generally limited enough that it's a matter of deciding weapons and then looking at math on sets.

I really feel like the no crits on proc sets nerf hurt winterborn builds more than any other offensive proc set, which is sad because it's one of the only ones that wasn't overperforming.
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭

I really feel like the no crits on proc sets nerf hurt winterborn builds more than any other offensive proc set, which is sad because it's one of the only ones that wasn't overperforming.

yes, it is very sad how zenimax handles Balance changes in this game. the non crit nerf was basicly targeted at all high damage procs that could help to easily oneshot ppl. unfortunately by doing so they also nerfed all the sets that were not unbalanced. but since i only care about fun with this build, i dont really care if it does slightly less dmg. it bothers me more that the iceheart set, which i really want to use with my frost damage build, is so unbalanced that it is not even fun using it
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    I played a very similar build many patches ago and absolutely loved it. Glad you're enjoying it too. Looks nice man, and the kites are real. Good job!
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerf argonian pls.

Swim speed is OP
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratatat - Wildcat.

OP
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find magblades very annoying in Cyro and whenever magblade start kitting I just turn around and leave, no point in spending 15 minutes for a potential kill.

Nice video though, wanted to post “oh boi, another invisible NB that bursts and hides” but actually really enjoyed the video. Good job!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This must be a troll.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

This must be a troll.

I dare you to come fight me with that set up on. Please
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭

This must be a troll.

well, Nb's are a class where it actually doesnt even matter too much which sets you are using. the Overall wide range of their kit allows them to make basicly every set work on their class. a weaker or unconventionell Equipment can easily be compensated by the use of the right skills and playstyle, and vice versa
    Edited by Fel on November 11, 2017 10:41AM
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

This must be a troll.

well, Nb's are a class where it actually doesnt even matter too much which sets you are using. the Overall wide range of their kit allows them to make basicly every set work on their class. a weaker or unconventionell Equipment can easily be compensated by the use of the right skills and playstyle, and vice versa

Honestly mate, youre wrong. If you face someone of equal skill or better with a inferior build any class. Its gg
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This must be a troll.

What server are you on?
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

This must be a troll.

What server are you on?

Ps4eu
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This must be a troll.

You want to duel in that setup, it'll work well. But open world as soon as you're focused by two high damage specs you have to disengage or die, riposte/trans is more of a brawler style as opposed to kiting
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

This must be a troll.

You want to duel in that setup, it'll work well. But open world as soon as you're focused by two high damage specs you have to disengage or die, riposte/trans is more of a brawler style as opposed to kiting

I like ripo/trans but only in a group. Riding solo i find i have way more survivability and much more dmg with necro/shackle. 1v1 its also vastly superior.
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭

Honestly mate, youre wrong. If you face someone of equal skill or better with a inferior build any class. Its gg

unless you know how to Play your class and your build and you still have a Chance to kill the enemy with the superior build^^