Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Mule account?

Morgha_Kul
Morgha_Kul
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been having some minor issues creating a new character, whom I wished to start in the Wailing Prison. By skipping the Firemoth tutorial, I could appear in the boat in Seyda Neen. My intent was to wayshrine out to Auridon, then meet the "Benefactor" to start the Coldharbour/Wailing Prison quest.

However, there's no way for the character to wayshrine anywhere, as there's no gold in his inventory. My original thought was to MAIL him some gold (and gear, if I wished), but there was no way to mail to my own characters. Equipment, I could put in the guild store and cancel, but there's no way to get gold to the character so he can wayshrine to Auridon.

So, I thought, I could make a second account, and create a single character to act as a "mule," that could mail gold to, then mail from the mule to the new character on my main account.

However, I find the mule account can't log in, it seems not to be active.

My initial take on this is that I can't log in that account because there is no game purchase recorded for it. However, I'm uncertain, since the game is supposedly free to play... so I'm confused.
This brings me to my questions.

First, I suppose I should ask if I'm ALLOWED to do this, create a second account to use in this manner?
Second, is my interpretation correct? Am I unable to log in the account because that account has not purchased the game?
If so, why would that be, if the game is free?
Third, if my interpretation is incorrect, how would I activate the account for use (assuming I'm allowed to)?

To be clear, I'm not trying to break any rules here. Indeed, I'm here now asking these questions specifically because I DON'T want to break any rules.

As a final question, assuming I'm NOT allowed to make a second account in this way, is there some other way I don't know of that I can use to get some cash to my new character, so he can start in the Wailing Prison?
Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything you want to give to the new character can be placed in the bank. Then the new character can get it from the bank. He/she may have to travel by foot to Vivec City to access a bank (unless you have the crown store banker) and then leave from that wayshrine.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Anything you want to give to the new character can be placed in the bank. Then the new character can get it from the bank. He/she may have to travel by foot to Vivec City to access a bank (unless you have the crown store banker) and then leave from that wayshrine.

Yes, I know that, but there's no bank on the ship in Seyda Neen. If I leave the ship, it will start the Seyda Neen content before I'm ready to do it, so I need to warp out from the boat to Auridon without leaving the boat. I'll discover Auridon more or less right away regardless, so I can tolerate that premature discovery.

So, yes I can put stuff in the bank, including cash, but I can't GET to it on the new character.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

Yes, I know that, but there's no bank on the ship in Seyda Neen. If I leave the ship, it will start the Seyda Neen content before I'm ready to do it, so I need to warp out from the boat to Auridon without leaving the boat. I'll discover Auridon more or less right away regardless, so I can tolerate that premature discovery.

So, yes I can put stuff in the bank, including cash, but I can't GET to it on the new character.

Aha! I misunderstood. Having a second account is perfectly legal. I have two accounts. And, yes, with two accounts you can mail gold or anything to your new character. You will, however, need to purchase a second copy of the game. It is free to play after purchase as in there is no mandatory subscription fee.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Well, I'm not about to do that just for this. I'd be cheaper to buy the banker assistant in that case, and I'm not willing to pay for that either.

I guess I'll have to see if I can figure out something else.

Best of all, maybe they'll make it possible to start in EITHER tutorial, instead of forcing us into Firemoth.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't need to buy a second copy on PS4 - had a mule account for over a year.

Can't you mail it to a friend and get them to return it?
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you spending gold to wayshrine? Walk up to the town's shrine and use it for free.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Why are you spending gold to wayshrine? Walk up to the town's shrine and use it for free.

As I mentioned, I can't leave the boat where I start because it will start the Morrowind content, and I don't want to do that yet.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I mentioned, I can't leave the boat where I start because it will start the Morrowind content, and I don't want to do that yet.

Uh. No it doesn't? It's not like the Prophet's questline where a quest forcibly starts when you enter a city. You have to actually talk to a questgiver to start anything. Unless you consider looking at the surroundings on the walk from the boat to the wayshrine as "starting content".

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    See if you can find someone who will group with you and then travel to the wayshrine where you want to be, and then use the Travel to Player function from the group menu (P). You can find that by right-clicking on their name in the group list.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's your in-game account name? I'm in Auridon right now.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in any guild, you can travel to them for free.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Travel to Player ... Find someone in Auridon ...
    shades.gif
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those offering to help, I appreciate it, but I don't need it right yet... I'm still working out what class to play the character as (he's a concept character), so he's not been created yet.

When it comes down to it, I can just get someone to bounce a mail back to me that includes the little bit of cash necessary.

I just thought it might be more convenient to have a second account and use it as a mule. It doesn't seem I'll be able to do that though, so it's not an issue, I suppose.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thought it might be more convenient to have a second account and use it as a mule. It doesn't seem I'll be able to do that though, so it's not an issue, I suppose.
    You can have a second account, but you need to pay for the base game again and have a separate ESO install for it.

It can be on the same computer though, one standalone install and one through steam works just fine.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 23, 2017 4:49AM
  • ervanol
    ervanol
    After not playing for some months, I bought the Morrowind expansion and became an active player. Since I don't want my characters to play the same game content, I found out the following.

A 'Morrowind' character starts after a tutorial in Seyda Neen. You can skip the tutorial. From Seyda Neen you can walk to Vivec and take a boat to your factions main city. There you are welcomed by a questgiver. This quest brings you to the prison where you start the original tutorial quest.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ervanol wrote: »
    After not playing for some months, I bought the Morrowind expansion and became an active player. Since I don't want my characters to play the same game content, I found out the following.

A 'Morrowind' character starts after a tutorial in Seyda Neen. You can skip the tutorial. From Seyda Neen you can walk to Vivec and take a boat to your factions main city. There you are welcomed by a questgiver. This quest brings you to the prison where you start the original tutorial quest.

That's correct. If you do the tutorial, you start in Firemoth, and escape from slavers, then appear in a boat in Seyda Neen. If you SKIP the tutorial, you start in the boat. As soon as you step out the door, you will "Discover Seyda Neen" and the Morrowind content will have started. It is THIS that I'm trying to avoid. I don't want the character to start or discover any of that material until I've played him through the main quest line. The only way to avoid that is to use my map to teleport from the boat to Auridon, where I'll be welcomed by a questgiver, and sent to Coldharbour.

Of course, this will "Discover Auridon," but I can allow for that, since that will happen as soon as I finish with Khenarthi's Roost anyways.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not an answer to your question directly, but why not have a friend go to vulkel guard and let you travel to them through the menu?

Also, if on console you can make all the accounts you want as long as you have either the physical disk or a digital purchase
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 23, 2017 5:39PM
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    It's not an answer to your question directly, but why not have a friend go to vulkel guard and let you travel to them through the menu?

Also, if on console you can make all the accounts you want as long as you have either the physical disk or a digital purchase

Well... the answer to this is that I don't really know anyone else in the game. I solo most of the time, and my only interactions with the guilds I'm in is to sell stuff.

Now, I can just ask in zone chat for someone's help, send them a mail with 30g in it or whatever the cost is, and then have them bounce it back to me. I can then collect that mail, with the attached gold, using my new character. I just thought having a mule character as a go between would be more convenient as I wouldn't have to beg for the charity of others.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... the answer to this is that I don't really know anyone else in the game. I solo most of the time, and my only interactions with the guilds I'm in is to sell stuff.

Now, I can just ask in zone chat for someone's help, send them a mail with 30g in it or whatever the cost is, and then have them bounce it back to me. I can then collect that mail, with the attached gold, using my new character. I just thought having a mule character as a go between would be more convenient as I wouldn't have to beg for the charity of others.

No need to actually "interact" with anyone. Go to the guild roster of your most active guild, find someone who is in Auridon, right click on their name and select "Travel to Player".

You will teleport to the nearest wayshrine in their vicinity. And the best thing, they will never know ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 23, 2017 6:00PM
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

No need to actually "interact" with anyone. Go to the guild roster of your most active guild, find someone who is in Auridon, right click on their name and select "Travel to Player".

You will teleport to the nearest wayshrine in their vicinity. And the best thing, they will never know ...
    shades.gif

Hm, didn't know that. Good idea.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as you step out the door, you will "Discover Seyda Neen"

Why is the "discovery" of a location problematic?

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evidently it’s problematic if you’re RPing the character exactly as the OP has described. B)
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evidently it’s problematic if you’re RPing the character exactly as the OP has described. B)

Yes, this is part of it. There are also places you can arrive in where your arrival will start a questline. I didn't leave the ship to see if that would happen, but my instinct says it would.

Either way, the matter is taken care of (this time). I sent some gold to another player, who then returned it to me. My alt was then able to collect the mail (and the gold), and teleport to Vulkhel Guard. On arrival, a hooded figure gave me the quest to talk to a benefactor on a ship not far from the shrine. Running down to the ship caused the discovery of Vulkhel Guard, but I'd be doing that once done with Wailing Prison and Khenarthi's Roost, so I overlooked it.

All that said, I still wish they would make it possible to start in whichever tutorial we preferred. I hope they'll make that change at some point.