The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Overall Opinion and Feedback on all the Patch Notes

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is my overall opinon and feedback on areas of the patch notes that I thought were relevant to my ESO experience.

I have to say that I think the classes are currently at thier most balanced they've ever been. There isn't a 1 superior class to others thanks to these changes. YES, its not perfect and everyone's opinion on perfect is different but the combat is in a much better and fairer place than before.

Notable Positive Changes:
  • Requirement of wearing 5 pieces of light, med or heavy to use the skill in the skill tree
  • Removing the stun from crystal frags
  • Reducing the distance of petrify and its general nerf
  • Reducing mass hysteria targets affected
  • Nerfing clever alchemist
  • Increasing the cost of cleansing ritual
  • The removal of weapon and spell damage to maelstrom weapons
  • The removal of the stat bonuses of master weapons
  • Removing the wrath passive from heavy armour
  • Increasing the ultimate cost of secluded grove and reducing healing done
  • Increasing the ultimate cost of shield ult and resto ult

I believe every single one of these were great great changes in the game that affected everybody. Yes, sometimes its "better" to buff the other skills but it just means everyone becomes completely overpowered which is a more unbalanced and unstable result than nerfing overperforming skills.

My personal advice to ZOS is to make some of the generally unused and less common skills, more effective so we as players have a larger base of skills to choose from.

Im talking about the skills such as:
Blood altar, equilibrium, trapping webs, soul trap, silver bolts etc

Other than that, a very good patch overall IMO.

Your opinion?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS is a place for 100 people to come forge secret, over performing builds, and three people to actually test and provide concrete feedback to ZoS. The anecdotes of the 100 usually drown out the legitimate data of the three in order to obfuscate some key element that enables their new build.

As a result, I always reserve my opinion until I see how a change plays out on live. Changes that are trumpeted as awful or fantastic on the PTS forums often turn out to be unremarkable and in the noise.

ZoS should really just be done with it and require video evidence. The game play recording software comes bundled with everything now, even video cards.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-frag change is awful. What is the thinking behind it when NB's have a high dmg, instant cast,and stun ability from stealth? Wyd guys?
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Good Patch honestly the patches since one tamerial aren't bad the issue is the 4months in between patches, we need 1more massive overhaul like 1tam also imo. We need a fundamental combat change (ex. Button combos like dc universe or skyforge, or we need more challenging dungeon mechanics pve is so easy if not talking trials) or we need more legit builds more pro's vrs con's bis is so strong right now you can make chacters with no weaknesses
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    Petrify range is a horrible change. It previously had slightly over half the range of stone fist. Now it is the same as lava whip. So they nerf the ability that is most effective against the rolling/expedition/block meta. Now you can only chase people by spamming chains, which has plenty of its own issues. What is the ranged/roll filled counterplay for DKs Now? Reflective Scale? An ability that doesn't reflect two of the 3 most used ranged abilities in the game, secondary effects go through, and is buggy as hell. Horrible change that adds no value to the game. The change only further differentiates it from rune prison in an attempt to make stone fist "more appealing", that's it. More DK skills going to other classes due to lack of imagination.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Notable postive changes:

Updated msa/dsa main effects. All warden changes. NB executioner change. Defense ult changes.

Everything else (not including CWC) was awful.

Edited by ak_pvp on October 17, 2017 8:55PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Vynn wrote: »
    Petrify range is a horrible change. It previously had slightly over half the range of stone fist. Now it is the same as lava whip. So they nerf the ability that is most effective against the rolling/expedition/block meta. Now you can only chase people by spamming chains, which has plenty of its own issues. What is the ranged/roll filled counterplay for DKs Now? Reflective Scale? An ability that doesn't reflect two of the 3 most used ranged abilities in the game, secondary effects go through, and is buggy as hell. Horrible change that adds no value to the game. The change only further differentiates it from rune prison in an attempt to make stone fist "more appealing", that's it. More DK skills going to other classes due to lack of imagination.

That's the worst thing done until now...
    And I really wished they keep the frags stun but reduced the damage + increased cost.
    Giving fossilize to sorc is taking away dragon knights identity.
    Cleansing ritual should have a increased cost when utilized in a short amount of time. The cost increase is nothing...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Taking wrath will not disencourage people to run heavy amour... They instead should have increased light + medium armour survivability and get rid of shield stacking.
    It's the first fantasy game that I play that I see a squishy mage enduring more damage than a meele warrior...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS is a place for 100 people to come forge secret, over performing builds, and three people to actually test and provide concrete feedback to ZoS. The anecdotes of the 100 usually drown out the legitimate data of the three in order to obfuscate some key element that enables their new build.

As a result, I always reserve my opinion until I see how a change plays out on live. Changes that are trumpeted as awful or fantastic on the PTS forums often turn out to be unremarkable and in the noise.

ZoS should really just be done with it and require video evidence. The game play recording software comes bundled with everything now, even video cards.

It's also the place to go theorycrafting or just have fun when the main servers are having maintenance.

I'm super stoked about the change specifically done to the Master Destro. I wanted to use it last year but couldn't justify going through all that effort for such a minimal increase in damage to Clench. Now I actually have a reason to do vDSA.

Also thrilled about Rune Cage becoming undodgable and not becoming useless against someone rolling around everywhere.

Less thrilled about Frag losing its stun but I'll get over it. It may actually be advantageous now since it won't force me to wait another 7 seconds before doing Rune > Meteor.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the patch but looks good so far in my opinion.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »
    Vynn wrote: »

That's the worst thing done until now...
    And I really wished they keep the frags stun but reduced the damage + increased cost.
    Giving fossilize to sorc is taking away dragon knights identity.
    Cleansing ritual should have a increased cost when utilized in a short amount of time. The cost increase is nothing...

Lmao at this point DK is just a shield and templar is a walking BOL.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that the petrify change is listed as good is hilarious. Honestly can't say I even get that ability used against me much when I'm on classes other than DK. Like, *** is annoying sure, but it only had a 15m range and gave you free CC immunity if you just let them hit you out of it. On a class that has no mobility, no functioning gap closer, limited burst, no execute, and a watered down set of passives and one dimensional active abilities of all things. Good luck dealing with the Xv1 zergling sorcs spamming that *** on you from 41m away or even normal sorcs guarantee you'll get hit with a frag, curse, and endless all at once now. But yeah *** DK, right?
    Edited by krathos on October 17, 2017 10:51PM
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @krathos

DK attacks do 25% extra flame damage against most opponents in PVP.
    Petrify was instant cast and was the best or second best CC in the game.

And please tell me what would be the point of playing any other class if DKs had mobility, a long range CC, burst damage and an exeute?

DKs already have the best resistances, a great burst self heal that the burst classes can only dream of, fire damage, wings that you can flap and just remove ranged magicka classes out the battle.

Not to mention your gap closer gives you empower AND major expedition!

What more do you want?? You just need to L2P
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and don't forget dk are the undisputed best tank and arguably one of only two classes viable for end game trial tanking.

Overall i'm looking forward to the changes, although most will not affect me in the slightest. I am REALLY looking into when ZOS manage to get the skill trees into their three distinct flavours for each class. Trying to balance must be a complete nightmare currently.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    @krathos

And please tell me what would be the point of playing any other class if DKs had mobility, a long range CC, burst damage and an exeute?

DKs already have the best resistances, a great burst self heal that the burst classes can only dream of, fire damage, wings that you can flap and just remove ranged magicka classes out the battle.

Lmao. Worst sustain, (battle roar and costs) damage, and mobility.

Cc worse than NB or sorc. Gapclosers doesn't work on heights, and has a projectile travel time. Wings is *** high cost, status effects ignore way too low limit. Many Projctiles ignore. Fire dmg doesn't matter if that have lowest damage.

DK has block... That's it. Sorc has everything you listed above, burst heal via pet, or a burst shield. 2 executes.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    @krathos

Cc worse than NB or sorc. Gapclosers doesn't work on heights, and has a projectile travel time. Wings is *** high cost, status effects ignore way too low limit. Many Projctiles ignore. Fire dmg doesn't matter if that have lowest damage.

DK has block... That's it. Sorc has everything you listed above, burst heal via pet, or a burst shield. 2 executes.

You make magicka DK sound much worse than it actually is. It's one of the strongest classes in an actual 1vs1, what exactly would you give magicka DK without making them overpowered? You won't see any mobility buffs to magicka Dk (at least if ZOS cares about balance) as long as they are this dominant in duels and group play.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on October 18, 2017 12:41PM
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @krathos

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just lol. the stuff you list shows you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm very successful on my magdk, thanks, but I can be far more effective on other classes. Yes magdk are good 1v1 but they lack in almost every other capacity. If you're having problems facing MagDK, or are getting 1vX'd by them (which is what it sounds like). Maybe it's you who needs to L2P.
    Edited by krathos on October 18, 2017 12:52PM
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is that this is another huge wasted opportunity to fresh this game and try to keep "veteran" and freshly acquired players. I didn't expect much more, I just didn't want to see another step backwards.

Content dept. did a wonderful job once again, this is solely based on what I've seen around the net since I don't have PTS access. Really elite ideas, wondeful visuals and good new feature design.
    The rest of the people who worked on this patch did the usual lazy series of patches and band-aid fixes.

PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are a joke
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @krathos

You make magicka DK sound much worse than it actually is. It's one of the strongest classes in an actual 1vs1, what exactly would you give magicka DK without making them overpowered? You won't see any mobility buffs to magicka Dk (at least if ZOS cares about balance) as long as they are this dominant in duels and group play.

Damage? A bomb nb with eye of skill does that better
    Heals? Temp/warden says hello
    CC? Sorcs flexes with encase and negates

You might be refering to group pve, in which I have no clue about.
    But in PvP they are hardly dominant in groupplay, and this game isn't really balanced around duels. I very rarely see DK's in any efficent organised group in Cyro unless it's people who play them just because they like the class and stick with it. Or in the zergblobs where you can run basiclly anything.

Nvm :<
    Edited by Master_Kas on October 18, 2017 1:35PM
    EU | PC
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    @krathos

But in PvP they are hardly dominant in groupplay, and this game isn't really balanced around duels. I very rarely see DK's in any efficent organised group in Cyro unless it's people who play them just because they like the class and stick with it. Or in the zergblobs where you can run basiclly anything.

Meant battlegrounds instead of group play, my bad.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @krathos

D
    @krathos

A bombblade? the squishiest of all. Yes it does damage but when the eye of the storm is finished or they get CCed or someone uses healing ult? they become totally useless.
    They bump into someone 1v1 in cyro then what? Bombblade is a glass canon build dont even mention that
    Plus destro ulti is available to DKs with 7% extra flame damage.

Heals? At least your heals are guaranteed to heal yourself. Everyone else's heals might heal someone whos got lower health than they have. Oh you just mentioned NBs what heal do they have exactly?

CC? Yes sorcs have a good CC but as do mag DKs and every class atm has good enough CCs but not overpowered ones.

The requests from mag DKs atm is ridiculous. Stam DKs if anything need a bit of love
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @krathos

lol
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    @krathos

:s:s facepalm
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 18, 2017 3:31PM
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe i play another game, but it isnt balanced at all...

Before Morrowind the balance was better...

We dont see any love for warden and templar. No good and needful changes here, but 1000x times players write here in forum, what this classes would need..
    For me Nightblades are to strong in PvP.. They have the best singletargetult for the cheapest ultimatecosts...
    We have a hard difference between stamina and magicka DPS and DPS between the classes..

They work allready on many things and sometimes there are really good changes, but at all they need to work on Balance as main priority in my eyes!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @krathos

Yes they are good in 1v1, petrify and roots constantly and ST heal. However that isn't sustainable or worthwhile in 1vX.

I would:

Revert petrify change. Remove stonefist and chains, make stonefist an earth based pull with a stun before it. (break, stop pull and get CC immunity, don't break, get pulled, and no CC immunity, the current auto immunity is awful)

Wings should be 4 projectiles per person. And the second morph should remove snares and grant immunity for 6s. It should also reflect pulse. Bird and meteor are fine. It will also reflect the status effect with it too.

Cauterize. (Maybe all inferno, but heal 4 sure) would be AOE moving HoT and purge 1/2 effects every 5s to everyone within it. Think fire disinfecting.

The slot from chain removal can either: A) become a gapcloser. Personally don't want. B) Become a completely new sustain skill, where the more you get hit, the more stamina/mag you gain and everytime you take X damage you get empowered etc. Like wings it would be a literal way to turn damage against the target and slowly burn them down.

These won't really buff PvE, pull still pulls in same or less time, mobs can't breakfree, DPS won't change. But it will allow DK to not require vamp for a trash mist form, wings won't be useless or bugged, and it won't make DK OP or speedy or something unfitting of the class.

Not needed but would take: Implosion would synergize well.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    @krathos

I don't want an execute ability for DKs if anything a Dot dmg increase at below 20% is preferred and not OP, DKs had a mid range CC, which is now a melee range CC. And the range CC we do have is easily blocked or dodged while sorcs get a long range version of our melee CC. DK burst is limited but where it should be as we are a Dot class. But only due to ppl being pigeonholed into vamp is it truly effective..

We don't want petrify long range, we want it where it was, mid range.

And major expedition on chains is a good thing to you? Why the hell would I want it AFTER I am next to the enemy. It only helps to counter snares very briefly and nothing else.

Wings is buggy, secondary effects goes through it, and 2 of the 3 most used ranged abilities are unaffected by it. Waste of much needed bar space.

As far as resistances go, we get some extra SR. Helps so much with the excellent stamina dmg builds doesn't it?

Get real.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what they did change

- the armor ability change is nice and makes since

- petrify range nerf is dumb doesn't make since sense have same stun but 4 to 5 times the range

- wrath removel is fine but them just splitting one passive into 2 is dumb without buffing them. this is a bigger nerf to mag build than stam do to stam will get there mane resource back from heavy attacking magicka wont due to if in heavy most likely running S&B or DW. come up with a new passive don't just split one.

-ult cost increase to resto ult, S&B ult and secluded grove are good

- adding cp to arenas is dumb

lack of change

-dk still have worse sustain in game

-magdk and magplar are forced into vampirism for mist form and regen because since lack of mabilty but the out sustain potential doesn't make up for it. when sorcs and nb have the burst and easy escape with good survivability.

- pve heavy attack meta due to overall sustain nerfs

- cost increase poisons (why even a thing)

- perma-blocking still around and now even enforces doing it even more
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The requests from mag DKs atm is ridiculous. Stam DKs if anything need a bit of love

lol

I play stam DK. I legitimately feel bad that I have higher kill potential than a mag DK while running all tank and sustain sets and 3 block cost reduction enchants.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on October 18, 2017 4:46PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @krathos

@mb10

I know vampires have so much to worry about all the flames dmg from a underplayed class its the the draw back from gaining stealth speed, 20% mag and stam recovery and taking less dmg when close to death.

just because there great at 1v1 doesn't mean they are in a good spot so a pet sorc build is op in open world because its good in duels aswell no

chains is garbage even if it actually works when you cast it that's why its only used by pve tanks

wings as said by other people only reflects base attack not anything else which is a bug it only blocks 4 things now that you worry about and in open world is barely last 2 seconds

dks are the sustain class but has the worst sustain

with the needed root balance dks have even a harder time locking down a opponent and they nerfed petrify which was what magdks used a gap closer and to land the ult at low health to have a chance to actually finish someone off

yes stam dks are king in pve right now but because of heavy attack meta

dks are forced into perma blocking because its there only why to outlast there opponent
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please tell me you realize that you just described a Sorc
    Edited by Malthorne on October 18, 2017 5:05PM