The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should vet dlc dungeons be 5 group members

bloodthirstyvampire
bloodthirstyvampire
✭✭✭✭✭
Only vet white gold tower, vet cradle of shadows and vet ruins of mazzatan
Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on October 10, 2017 10:56AM
Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º

Should vet dlc dungeons be 5 group members 135 votes

Yes
8%
Malmairk110132FloppyTouchZbigb4lifeIrfindbloodthirstyvampirekynseonChronicburnInsanepirate01phileunderx2BelyarEatmyface 12 votes
No
86%
DeadlyRecluseBigBraggitsfatbassOsteosPlagueSDwenchmore420b14_ESOTurelusValveniawrathb16_ESOstatic_rechargeNebthet78edopeyidkTevnarmertustaRosveenxenowarrior92eb17_ESOseblatourneb18_ESOAnrosesdtlc 117 votes
Other
4%
SirCriticalJeremyjrgray93newtinmplsEnslavedTelvanniWizard 6 votes
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Thank for this useful poll ... " how to make dungeons even more easy "
    Edited by Apherius on October 10, 2017 11:00AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Find better groups
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The game is based around 4-man groups. It doesn't have the systems to support 5/6-man groups.

4 people is far too few, but that's what we have.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. They would need to rebalance all of them for 3 dds instead of 2 and that isnt worth the effort.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, people should stick to doing these on normal, in regular 4-person groups, until their skill and builds are good enough for the harder, vet versions. This is why the normal versions exist. No need to dumb down more content.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Reverb wrote: »
    No, people should stick to doing these on normal, in regular 4-person groups, until their skill and builds are good enough for the harder, vet versions. This is why the normal versions exist. No need to dumb down more content.

I really wish that the "normal" and the vet would be more similar. I rarely actually learn mechanics from normal, and that makes vet harder.

but to my "other"; I wish that we could do runs with 5 if we wanted to, but the group finder would not change it's defaults
    Edited by newtinmpls on October 10, 2017 11:28AM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Missing an other option: only if they increase difficulty.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Missing an other option: only if they increase difficulty.
    @SirCritical , you're missing the part where they increase the difficulty and give you one additional bad pug...

Monumentally bad idea - never underestimate someone's ability to screw something up.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    @Merlin13KAGL

I see the whole point of the thread, I just couldn't pick an answer, because of my reasons above. Since I don't really have any problems with the current difficulty, I can't pick 'yes', but since I could imagine a little bit more difficult version, with some bonus reward, I can't pick 'no'.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fair enough. The 'easy' way to do this would to be reward the HM clears with some minor bonus. That would be the more difficult version.

I think the real issue the thread does not address is the vast difficulty jump between norm and vet. For purposes of randoms, adding another tier with another group member would only convolute things even further, not to mention they'd probably break groupfinder again in a whole new and different way.

OP, for DLC content, the requirement should simply be that you have a clear on normal, and you have a reasonable number of Vet clears on other dungeons before it would allow a vet queue.

This would prevent people from restricted access to content they purchased, but it would also require a certain level of competence before tossing people into an instance that will only serve to frustrate.

All of the four-man content is able to be completed by four, and you already get a SD/WD boost when you queue, as it is.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    no, get better people is the better solution

pugging this, it would likely only bring in another useless dps who cant do more than 10k and fails at mechanics
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    LOL :D Learn to get a better group
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Normal as well please but only if they increase difficulty.

More DDs shorter queue time for DDs.
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hell no.
    The veteran dungeons seem to be balance around 2 DDs bringing 20k dps ea.
    The average DD gf throws at u, brings between 500 and 10k dps. When 2 of those bring 10k dps combined, stuff takes longer (x4) or at times becomes impossible.

Balancing timers / HP around 60k combined dps wont make stuff easier.

Edit: Forgot the flipside.
    right now, u can run those dungeons w/ a faketank and 3 DDs or even with 4 DDs. (Did u know that u can skip lord wardens portalphase?)
    Even if u increase their health by 30%, 4 capable dds will melt a 2m boss in under 10 secs. None of the last bosses would last longer than a minute. In a fight that short, its save to swap the faketank for another DD and melt stuff even faster.

Under the line: Dungeons will be harder for pugs and easier for premades.
    Edited by eso_nya on October 10, 2017 12:42PM
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Having 5 people in a dungeon won't solve the issues that are currently being presented in Vet DLC Dungeons. Knowledge of the mechanics and familiarity with the dungeons themselves will go a long ways, what it takes is time and practice. Normal Dungeons are poor teachers when it comes to mechanics unless one slows them down to a crawl, maybe us Vet players should step up to the challenge and start teaching individuals how to play.

Mentoring players instead of shunning them from Vet content would certainly improve our community.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No need. Just need to have competent team members.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think all dungeons should have their difficulty set from 3 to 8 players.
    All 5+ dungeons would have more enemies and more mechanics, resulting in better rewards and more interesting PvE. This would also be a great way to introduce new players to trials, since they would have to work harder once they get in dungeon with more than 4 ppl. I would leave these for just premade groups, same as we have for trials, so no dungeon finder option.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no, but upon reflection I think it would be cool if dungeons were balanced mechanically around 4 people, but scaled up or down slightly with groups of 3 or 5. Not for purposes of making them easier, but more just for accommodating when I have a group of 5 in TS that want to do pledges. Would be nice to be able to roll together for convenience's sake.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    You have a weird obsession with these dungeons...
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    No
    What's another CP 50 dps gonna do in any vet dlc dungeon? I'd rather they put a CP minimum on these dungeons...
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    *** is already 2 ez...I would say grp dungs should be 3 man at this point to make them damn challenging...and probably a 2 man mode to make it even harder...seriously...I HATE CASUALS QQ FOR NERFS 24/7...ESO was going in the right direction until devs started to listen to people that play the game 1 hours/week and want everything done with least effort...ok we have this now...how about make some hardcore modes for hardcore people then...that would be something...(don't even dare to talk about the "hardmode" at the end of dungeons...there is no such thing)
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes ... you don't have to use 5 if you don't want to , AND the way the keep nerfing things youre gonna want 5 sooner or later anyway...
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I say yes so more dps can get in and quit fake tank/healing.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Should? No. Could be, coexisting with the 4-man system? Why not. More possibilities, more fun.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Stop kicking people because they aren't in full gold gear.

Actually take some time to teach people how to do the encounters. You know what happens then? You get a larger pool of people who can do them..which gets more geared people, which makes the dungeons easier and faster.
  • Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The content is clearable in vet as it is now. It's clearable in vet HM as it is now, no death runs can be achieved as it is now, speed runs can be achieved as it is now.

If you find that you are unable to complete these dungeons in vet then the problem is either with you or the group you're with. I would recommend joining a good guild that will run them with you.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Absolutely not.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Enslaved wrote: »
    I think all dungeons should have their difficulty set from 3 to 8 players.
    All 5+ dungeons would have more enemies and more mechanics, resulting in better rewards and more interesting PvE. This would also be a great way to introduce new players to trials, since they would have to work harder once they get in dungeon with more than 4 ppl. I would leave these for just premade groups, same as we have for trials, so no dungeon finder option.
    @Enslaved, good f'n luck finding a place to stand in Falkreath Hold.

Sounds like you want mini-trials, which would be interesting and serve a different purpose.

If you want to see tanks and healer rage quit even more than they do now, add another buffoon to the mix.

Difficulties don't need to be adjusted for people. People need to be forced to learn and do the mechanics.

Earn it.

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I say yes so more dps can get in and quit fake tank/healing.

I guess I'm one of the few people who opted to just make a REAL tank build to avoid this issue :D

I think four is fine but if they could somehow make them scale upwards when you have a larger group, that would be cool. I think it would likely be too difficult to pull off or not worth the effort, but it would be fun to not have to leave certain guildies out if more than four people want a pledge.

Say, for instance, add 20% health to enemies per extra player in the group. Flat +20% enemy damage if >4 players. Cap it at 8.
    Edited by jrgray93 on October 10, 2017 6:33PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ...but not vet Imperial City Prison?

Interesting.
    The Moot Councillor