The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Poll on Crown crates plus cautionary tale

• Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    They don't interest me, except for vaguely pissing me off for existing at all. I've received and opened the free ones both times they've cast that net. Meh.
    Shadow hide you.
    Options
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    I bought 16 to trade gems for BA motif book.
    Drops are awful
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    I buy a crate or two with any crowns left over from my sub after I purchase what I want (if anything)

A big no on spending cash directly on crowns for crates. I don't gamble in IRL, no need to do it here with WORSE odds than Vegas.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    I bought 10-15 to get some costumes in the ones before Morrowind to get some costumes. not bought any later, got that I needed from the free crates.
    Only after costumes and hair
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's something called "crown gems" and nobody would have to open that many crates for a mount. Rare new mounts in crown crates cost 400 gems and with a maximum of 100 crates opened you should have enough gems to buy the exact mount you want.

You should edit this misinformation as you are incorrect. Last 2 season of Crown crates have included hidden mounts not purchasable with gems and require you to continually gamble for them, thus the OP's thread. please read before posting incorrect information.

I got some crates before this season, but i dont sub now and wont ever again and wont buy any crates because ZoS went back on the gem conversion to get items, which was total greed and preying on an addition some have as endless.
    Options
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    I only get enough to get the Bear mounts.

This time I got lucky and got the plague husk horse off of my first crown crate. But once I get the bear mount I am usually done.

I am sad I missed the Storm Atro and Wild Hunt bears =(
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
    Options
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    Would buy more if they also could drop:

Race race tokens
    Apperance tokens
    Name change tokens
    10 + inv or bank space or ride speed (not only +1)

:)

PC
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None at all.
    Gamble crates should be removed from the game. Isn't like ZOS puts that money back into hiring people or upgrading the servers, just goes into some exec's pocket as (presumably) he demands a greater focus on cash shop BS to milk the player base of whatever can be managed AHH THIS KIND OF STUFF IS WHY I HATE CAPITALISM
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    101 to 200
    I bought alot before when you atleast could get everything even if you had *** luck like i do. Now with the change with the mounts you have to get from the RNG gods I simply dont care anymore. I still buy some but not as much as before. Saves me some bucks so I'm actually happy that ZO$ got me off the addiction to get everything in the crates.

Edited by Arundo on October 9, 2017 7:30PM
    Options
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    Tho I voted none I did buy 15 of them. I just thought 1-50 was a tad excessive. I had the crowns laying around from ESO+ and some from crown sales. Now I give ZERO dollars to ZoS as I am sick of them telling me I need to turn off the game and wait 5 minutes before I restart it to clear the bugs that they just wont fix.

I still have enough to buy the next 2 DLC so I'm good.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 to 50
    As a sub I get my free crowns. If I have enough for 15 crates when a new pack releases, or whenver they are available I get them If not I get other items I want if any.
    Options
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    I remember the good old days when new mounts and costumes were available for outright purchase. Now you pay just as much for a random chance

Don't even have the option to trade mounts and pets I'd never spend a dime on for something I would.
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    51 to 100
    How about not worrying about what others do with their money?
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    I've opened two free ones I got from events.

I've thought about grabbing some with my ESO+ crowns, but so far there's been nothing in them that I wanted. (Honestly, the only thing I've been waiting for, for three rounds of crates now, is the Dark Shaman costume I missed. It didn't show up in the Halloween crates, so.... /shrug)

Not having any interest in mounts beyond "basic horse", the primary hype of the crates totally passes me by.
    Options
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    I have not bought any Crown Crates and I do not intend to buy any in the future.

If other players wish to buy them, that is their choice.

From the 4 free Crates I received, everything exchangeable was converted into Gems. They amounted to c40 gems. Some of them I exchanged for the plaited hairstyle - which I would have bought with ESO+ Crowns, had the option been available.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
    Options
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    Only got 9 free crates (1 from Morrowind, 5 from ESO+ event, 3 from the Reaper's crate event).
    I don't like gambling boxes full of useless consumable items, also with 1/3 gem value in conversion rate for repeated items. This level of gambling should stay in cassinos (where there's regulation).
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
    Options
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who don't know, go to crown store, crown crates. Highlight a crate as if you were to buy it. Then preview that, and you can get previews of the non crown gem mounts. They aren't shown in the regular menu, even to preview. When you attempt to preview an actual crate they give a list of all items and you can check out the cinder wolf etc that way.
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    101 to 200
    This season I bought 3 15 packs, the prior two seasons I bought 2 15 packs each season.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    Highlor3 wrote: »
    Only got 9 free crates (1 from Morrowind, 5 from ESO+ event, 3 from the Reaper's crate event).
    I don't like gambling boxes full of useless consumable items, also with 1/3 gem value in conversion rate for repeated items. This level of gambling should stay in cassinos (where there's regulation).

In China they regulate ingame gambling. Something I wish we would learn from.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/2/15517962/china-new-law-dota-league-of-legends-odds-loot-box-random
    Edited by Megabear on October 9, 2017 8:39PM
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    There's something called "crown gems" and nobody would have to open that many crates for a mount. Rare new mounts in crown crates cost 400 gems and with a maximum of 100 crates opened you should have enough gems to buy the exact mount you want.

The past 2 cycles of crates include mounts that cannot be bought with gems and have an even lower drop rate.

Never heard such a thing and newer seen a crown session mount anywhere which is not obtainable via gems.

They exist. Don't know what to tell you. Literally first image on the article announcing the crate cycle.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26197?Introducing-the-Reaper’s-Harvest-Crown-Crate-Season
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    This year? None. Th only time I ever bought any, I bought a small pack (is it 4 or 5?) Cause I wanted the rotmeth hair style.

Haven't seen anything worth chasing since, never got legendaries.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    I usually buy 2 packs of 15 per season and call it a day (so I probably should have voted next option, oops, might need another cup of coffee). I don't really care much for apex mounts - if I get them, cool, if I don't - oh well. in general at the moment I find that 30 crates are the sweet spot in terms of cost efficiency. for me. that is mainly because I missed out on all the retired costumes and mounts that are brought back in crates, so at around 30 crates, I tend to get just the right mix of fluff and gems to buy remaining fluff i am interested in. after 30 or so crates though, the value rapidly diminishes, so I stop buying.

crates are not equally desirable for everyone. they work for me, but there may come a time when returning items in crates will be the items I already have at which point I may either stop buying them all together or depending on crate only fluff - buy one pack of 15 at most.

and I do think that adding items that cannot be bought with gems is bad bad BAD. the main reason why I don't mind crates is the fact that there used to be a clear end point at which you would either get lucky, or get enough gems to compensate for crappy rng. adding items that are rng only goes against the very concept and makes crates almost as bad as the ones in games like neverwinter.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 to 50
    Usually buy three with my subscription crowns. Once in a while, I will splash out and buy and extra 3.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    It's a bit of fun like machines in grocery store.
    Options
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    None, zero, nada.
    stam scrub
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    Balamoor wrote: »
    Blah blah blah crates are evil Blah blah blah Gambling
    Blah blah if you buy them you'll go blind blah blah usual nonsense.

Next.

This is a closely guarded secret, but you heard it here. The Prophet not blinded by looking at the Elder Scrolls. He bought and opened too many Crown Crates. Truth.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    Just opened the third (from a gift/event) dwemer crate: food, food, mimic stone and a nix hound.

sigh.

No. Not going to pay.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    Megabear wrote: »
    Highlor3 wrote: »

In China they regulate ingame gambling. Something I wish we would learn from.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/2/15517962/china-new-law-dota-league-of-legends-odds-loot-box-random

Yeah, because China has it ALL figured out....
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to 50
    Every new season I buy 15. I’m usually very lucky too.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None at all.
    I don't believe in gambling regardless of the form it may take. For any who may choose to do so, I hope you enjoy the game.
    Options