The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sorc Healer?

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These numbers I am posting below is taken from the current PTS incremental. I saw this thread, logged on to the PTS and without ANY armor, weapons, passives or CP, checked the values of these skills. This was done so people could get updated info on the base strength of the skills, since this was brought up earlier with outdated info.
    • Sorcerer:
      • Matriarch 1591
    • Dragonknight:
      • Cauterize 598/5s
      • Obsidian Shard 882
    • Nightblade:
      • Funnel Health 191/2s
      • Sap Essence 207+20% per target
    • Warden:
      • Enchanted Growth 1227
      • Budding Seed 1840
      • Bursting Vines 1639
    • Templar:
      • Breath of Life 1232/617
      • Hasty Prayer 1271
    • Restoration Staff:
      • Healing Springs 248/1s
      • Combat Prayer 635
      • Light's Champion 1054/1s

Note that some of the classes have passives that increases the strength of these healing values. I could go back on quickly and turn on all the passives and check with that.

Either way, from this we can see that with base values the Warden have the strongest Burst, but one thing to look at is how this is applied. Budding Seeds can hit 6ppl but either takes 6s to apply or needs to be double casted to work. Bursting Vines is the Wardens 2nd largest Burst but it requires that you chain yourself to a friendly target, forcing you to target them directly, this is also a single target heal. Enchanted Growth hits 6ppl too but this is via a small cone. The sorcerers Twilight hits 2 ppl with the 3rd highest value and can be spammed quite reliably, only down side is that the twilight can die.

So when people say Wardens have no Burst, they are mistaken, but if we are talking about reliable burst then in the right situation then the Sorcs would most likely win. However one thing to note is that the sorcs have no passives into healing, they do however have the ability to get large amounts of Max magicka and have passives into Spell Power. They also got great sustain with cost reduction and recovery.

Wardens also have great sustain with their passives and Netch, they also have passives into healing done and is now the class with the most reliable way to getting Major Mending. So they have that going for them.

Anyway, make what you will of this information.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose this makes sense. I didn't consider the warden skills in original comparison. Though most of us didn't.

At last I do bring up an interesting point, these skills seem to scale differently. While still being naked yet having food (poor guy) and mage mundus stone at lvl 50 with no attribute points applied nor champion points . Things look a bit differently under the same variables

Twlight.jpg

budding.jpg

bol.jpg

P.S I have or had champions leveled templar, warden and sorrecer healer. Like I said from experience things don't match up like people thought did. There's many variables, from application, passive even the control environment like I did. Though I suppose either way I can go head and change my statement to this "though twilight "might" die it's most reliable in chaotic situations considering numbers, casting time (it's not hol) and targeting system.
    Edited by Tasear on October 5, 2017 5:11PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I suppose this makes sense. I didn't consider the warden skills in original comparison. Though most of us didn't.

At last I do bring up an interesting point, these skills seem to scale differently. While still being naked yet having food (poor guy) and mage mundus stone at lvl 50 with no attribute points applied nor champion points . Things look a bit differently under the same variables

Twlight.jpg

budding.jpg

bol.jpg

P.S I have or had champions leveled templar, warden and sorrecer healer. Like I said from experience things don't match up like people thought did. There's many variables, from application, passive even the control environment like I did. Though I suppose either way I can go head and change my statement to this "though twilight "might" die it's most reliable in chaotic situations considering numbers, casting time (it's not hol) and targeting system.

Yea, many heals scale VERY differently. Some scale higher with Max Magicka, and some scale higher than Spell Power, but all skills also scale differently even if they scale more with the same type. Since I got a lot of time on my hand today I am gonna go put a common meta build on the sorc, warden and templar and test that out. Might take a bit but will see what it shows.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please go ahead, because I wasn't saying this completely on personal bias. I had a max champion templar, while I currently have 160 sorcerer and warden, things seem a bit differently from experience. For instance after updating my build, my twilight heals for 10k (on pst) and I don't have have magicka race passives while my templar and warden do. Certainly, I do admit I could of missed something, but as it stands things are a bit different from what was common perception.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please go ahead, because I wasn't saying this completely on personal bias. I had a max champion templar, while I currently have 160 sorcerer and warden, things seem a bit differently from experience. For instance after updating my build, my twilight heals for 10k (on pst) and I don't have have magicka race passives while my templar and warden do. Certainly, I do admit I could of missed something, but as it stands things are a bit different from what was common perception.

OK this is the build I made on all 3 classes.

Spell Power Cure+Worm+Master Resotration Staff. All gold gear except Jewelry which was purple. All divines, weapon was Powered. Glyphs were all max magicka and jewlery was magicka recovery. Mundus was Ritual. Food was Max HP+Max Mag. 100p into Blessed and 100p into Elfborn and 30p into something unrelated. Race was Argonian. With all possible gameplay changing passives enabled. This was with only the one skill tested on the bar. And no potions or skill buffs. This is close to how I would set up a healer. I know many will do different but that doesn't really matter for the test.
    • Sorcerer:
      • Matriarch 10739
    • Warden:
      • Enchanted Growth 8541
      • Budding Seed 12812
      • Bursting Vines 11412
    • Templar:
      • Breath of Life 12095/6048
      • Hasty Prayer 12453

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please go ahead, because I wasn't saying this [iqcompletely [/i]on personal bias. I had a max champion templar, while I currently have 160 sorcerer and warden, things seem a bit differently from experience. For instance after updating my build, my twilight heals for 10k (on pst) and I don't have have magicka race passives while my templar and warden do. Certainly, I do lladmit I could of missed something, but las it stands things are a bit different from what was common perception.

OK this is the build I made on all 3 classes.

Spell Power Cure+Worm+Master Resotration Staff. All gold gear except Jewelry which was purple. All divines, weapon was Powered. Glyphs were all max magicka and jewlery was magicka recovery. Mundus was Ritual. Food was Max HP+Max Mag. 100p into Blessed and 100p into Elfborn and 30p into something unrelated. Race was Argonian. With all possible gameplay changing passives enabled. This was with only the one skill tested on the bar. And no potions or skill buffs. This is close to how I would set up a healer. I know many will do different but that doesn't really matter for the test.
    • Sorcerer:
      • Matriarch 10739
    • Warden:
      • Enchanted Growth 8541
      • Budding Seed 12812
      • Bursting Vines 11412
    • Templar:
      • Breath of Life 12095/6048
      • Hasty Prayer 12453

What's the step up? As to say I would like to know the difference. I am assuming it has be difference of scaling in spell damage since obviously twlight Maritach is winning the more I scale to Magicka at least single target.

Also is this old or new Master resto? What mundus? What race because seems like some are benefitind differently. Because like above we can see healing classes take mundus a bit differently. What skills set up? Was it the same? Did you consider skills like bound amour? I ask because clearly the results are a bit differently naked or naked with food.

This does bring a point though... Some gear ,mundus and set ups even races might highlight classes. As we can see from naked, food, and geared the 1 to 3 places is moving around ( nobody was wrong... Technically).

Mind you there's the healing passives, but also skills. The sorc and warden both have max Magicka skills while sorc can aquire more depending what's sloted as resto staff ultimate. Nightblade, Templar, and warden have situation boosts. While sorrecer does have a slight boost from expert mage passive, and power surge it's spell damage. So maybe we can say between at least first and third is dependent on sitational and step up in regards to strongest burst heal in game.

As it stands budding seeds, twlight, breath of life are highest burst heals in numbers game in that order considering how many it will be applied. This doesn't count reliablity or other factors

As OP wanted to know about sorc healers ...and for some reason only sorrecer threads seem get always get flooded by comments elsewhere. I will get on point again. In general practice, while also considering above results, I am going to say sorrecer wins in chaotic situation 4 man dungeons especially random ones ( where people are generally less skilled.,l Templar has edge in trial with ritual and general better positioning, warden while having top healing numbers still does better in PvP where things are less situational and people more likely be
    in circle up to the limit.
    I can't say about the other two classes, but this should be good enough for the topic.

TL:DR it all depends on the situation. Healing isn't as simple as people think. There's still things to explore.

Edit NVM I see you used ritual mundus
    Edited by Tasear on October 5, 2017 8:53PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc healers work... They aren't the best nor are they the most practical but they do. Thats about all I can say
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Sorc healers work... They aren't the best nor are they the most practical but they do. Thats about all I can say

Because you never used it >.> Nor looked in the thread.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katinas wrote: »
    Strongest Burst Heal in the Game
    So healing numbers are pointless and you have to look at HOW those numbers are apply to your subject and it is pretty clear the matriarch is the best pure beurst heal in the game for the reasons I stated and many others have.

Strongest means highest numbers. Unless you want to change the meaning of the term, then I shall not argue. But if we are talking numbers then yes, Sorc pet heal is nowhere near the strongest heal in the game. And I gave examples.

You have no clue what youre talking about.
    And you are flat out wrong. I have run every type of tank possible. The heals from sorcery are by far the strongest in the game. Sorcery Magika Tank with pet.
    Hardest hitting heal in game.

Hands Down!
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    TBF the strongest single target heal in raw numbers is probobly Healthy Offering on the Nightblade.....When I was running a NB healer that thing was well over 10K and I actually got higher numbers than I get out of my templar. That said the templar feels alot less stressful but I have more experience now too.

I have healed on Nightblade, Templar, Dragonknight, and now I am bringing up a Sorc.....I level all my magicka toons as healers so I can get into dungeons etc.

Honestly the game is pretty good at giving one skill that does something similar when your on a different class (efficient purge vs ritual etc).

BOL is not that different than the matriarch or healthy offering........the ONE SKILL I think is grossly unmatched is Practiced Incantation. That is basically the equivalent of an Earthgore proc.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yurimodin wrote: »
    TBF the strongest single target heal in raw numbers is probobly Healthy Offering on the Nightblade.....When I was running a NB healer that thing was well over 10K and I actually got higher numbers than I get out of my templar. That said the templar feels alot less stressful but I have more experience now too.

I have healed on Nightblade, Templar, Dragonknight, and now I am bringing up a Sorc.....I level all my magicka toons as healers so I can get into dungeons etc.

Honestly the game is pretty good at giving one skill that does something similar when your on a different class (efficient purge vs ritual etc).

BOL is not that different than the matriarch or healthy offering........the ONE SKILL I think is grossly unmatched is Practiced Incantation. That is basically the equivalent of an Earthgore proc.

Idk. Little risky now that skill can kill the healer.
    Edited by Lab3360 on December 17, 2018 11:56PM
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the the recommened monster helm. Should I run Earthgoer?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    What is the the recommened monster helm. Should I run Earthgoer?

this thread is old. I would make new topics in regards for your healing questions.
    Edited by Tasear on December 18, 2018 9:44AM
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭

Idk. Little risky now that skill can kill the healer.

its a slow DOT so as long as you heal yourself a little bit its fine
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So healing numbers are pointless and you have to look at HOW those numbers are apply to your subject and it is pretty clear the matriarch is the best pure beurst heal in the game for the reasons I stated and many others have.

Strongest means highest numbers. Unless you want to change the meaning of the term, then I shall not argue. But if we are talking numbers then yes, Sorc pet heal is nowhere near the strongest heal in the game. And I gave examples.

And you are flat out wrong. I have run every type of tank possible. The heals from sorcery are by far the strongest in the game. Sorcery Magika Tank with pet.

Hands Down!

Besides necroing, the hardest hitting heal in the game bar none is reaper's mark. Ever got 67k crits off the clanfear?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Hands Down!

Besides necroing, the hardest hitting heal in the game bar none is reaper's mark. Ever got 67k crits off the clanfear?

you need to have something die with reaper's mark, hardly reliable. also, with burning embers on my mag dk, i have had that heal me for 110k. but i would not put that in the same category as any of the heals that are being discussed.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hands Down!

you need to have something die with reaper's mark, hardly reliable. also, with burning embers on my mag dk, i have had that heal me for 110k. but i would not put that in the same category as any of the heals that are being discussed.

Fun fact, the original claim was *healer abilities* that targeted others, not all heals. Reaper's mark is the single largest heal in the game, without
    Molag Bal
    Shenanigans. If that poster wanted to change the rules, they open themself up to that counter.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on December 18, 2018 3:31PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hands Down!

Fun fact, the original claim was *healer abilities* that targeted others, not all heals. Reaper's mark is the single largest heal in the game, without
    Molag Bal
    Shenanigans. If that poster wanted to change the rules, they open themself up to that counter.

here, let me quote the op for you-
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    So the only class I haven't played is Sorcerer and the only role I haven't played is Healer (I was going to make a tank healer but they ended up more tank).

Do Sorc healers work?

he is asking if sorc healers work. healers are for healing *other* people. sure they heal themselves, but that is mostly incidental. reapers mark has exactly zero place on a healers bar. it is a self heal.

i also gave you an instance of a heal that is bigger then Reaper's mark, mag dks Burning embers, which i have for a fact seen heal me on my mag dk dps for 110k. you repeating yourself does not make you anymore correct.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hands Down!

Molag Bal

here, let me quote the op for you-
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    So the only class I haven't played is Sorcerer and the only role I haven't played is Healer (I was going to make a tank healer but they ended up more tank).

Do Sorc healers work?

he is asking if sorc healers work. healers are for healing *other* people. sure they heal themselves, but that is mostly incidental. reapers mark has exactly zero place on a healers bar. it is a self heal.

i also gave you an instance of a heal that is bigger then Reaper's mark, mag dks Burning embers, which i have for a fact seen heal me on my mag dk dps for 110k. you repeating yourself does not make you anymore correct.

*Sigh*.

I was in this conversation when it began. Scroll up and look at Paul's testing (as well as my own data). The original contention the person I quoted was commenting on was which class had the highest burst heal (and the original question was aimed at HEALING spells, not self healing).

The person I quoted was responding to an individual that was (incorrectly) asserting that the matriarch heal was the strongest burst heal in the game, regarding abilities that healed others. Then, the original quoted person decided to, for some reason, take that and turn it into all healing including self healing.

They changed the parameters to self healing, not I.

And one more time, if you want to tell me that your specific, singular instance where the game breaks its own damage rules for plot, then you can go ahead and do that I guess...? By technicality you're right, but then I'd like to see you prove it now that you're through the quest! :innocent: