The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

You see another player fighting near a node...

Left4Daud
Left4Daud
✭✭✭✭✭

What do you usually do?

Edited by Left4Daud on October 3, 2017 5:36PM

You see another player fighting near a node... 186 votes

Help them fight the mob(s) / throw them some support - Let them go for the node and don't contest them for it.
17%
NestorVirtualElizabethOsteosauronessb16_ESOAzraelKriegsollDigitalEulogyAdamskiAldersschwarzman1Judas HelviarynZbigb4lifeJahneeOgeonsocalFluffyReachWitchCMFan1966jlboozerunchainedzuluLady_LindelCletusStackonClown 33 votes
Help them fight the mob(s) / throw them some support - Let them go for the node, but if they take a minute or don't appear interested I'll take it.
22%
SlayerSyrenaCavalryPKFat_Cat45MisterBigglesworthArizona_SteveElsterchenHroguntimb16_ESO85SheezabeastEddybleCyberwolffeGTech_1NyghthowlerEmirriiVizierlillybitMickey_OxCheepsNSalsaArchMikemKimba_Do 41 votes
Don't get involved - I'm probably not interested in that particular node and I'm already on my way elsewhere.
3%
MojmirNordSwordnBoardIzakiGodAizenRianaiTelvanniWizard 6 votes
Don't get involved - I consider that node "claimed" by the other player and I'm already on my way elsewhere.
36%
laurajfSirAndyDaveMoeDeeDarcyMardintspecherb14_ESOYulsIruil_ESOAimoraGreyhoofstatic_rechargeIselingrefPhlatheadThestephenmcraeub17_ESODerNachtfalterLoralai_907LivvyczarElsonsoThaumic 68 votes
Swoop in there and take it - If I see a node I'm interested in I go for it, regardless of the other player's intentions.
9%
SirCriticalTilleroeshiwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOBlobskySmoltpaulsimonpsO_LYKOSLexxypwnsSecretAtozDarkestnghtkit_suneEvilCrocred_emuOlupajmibananVietfoxdoslekisThogard 17 votes
Swoop in there and take it - But I make sure to leave behind the worms, Ta, lockpicks and other junk too. I like my tears extra salty!
4%
greyloxI_killed_VivecVoxicityparkhamgabriebekynseonFroilFaylis 8 votes
Here is what I usually do / other - Explain.
6%
tizoddanitajoneb17_ESOBloodWolfePathNordic_PirateDefiltedW0lf_z13kyle.wilsonAlpheu5EnslavedSolidusPrimeSirAxenJaimeh 13 votes
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't get involved - I consider that node "claimed" by the other player and I'm already on my way elsewhere.
    Don't do things to people, that you don't want people do to you :)
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really depends .... depends on how many mob and how they are doing .... if i notice that their health is running low and it seems like they are struggling then ill help them out and then be on my way allowing them to get the node .... or if the mob is going down seemingly easily ill just continue on my way and not get involved leaving the mob and the node to them
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on October 3, 2017 5:42PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR:
    -Most circumstances it is kill or be killed when it comes to getting nodes in a popular area.

The long winded area:
    If I see a players who I recognize and we commonly farm in the same areas and there is an established non-verbal behavior than I will tend to be more helpful or at least skip that node and move on to the next one if that is the nature of the relationship.

Beyond the above circumstance most players will just watch you die or assist in the killing and take your node than help you. Many many times I was clearly trying to get a node and a player/s will snake it. I would say the most common behavior is players taking nodes without any consideration for the players who is attempting to get the node.

The golden rule does not seem to apply here as I have tried that for many years in MMO's to node farm this way. The more common rule is treat people how they treat you in a MMO. So it is a reactionary thing, not a proactive thing.

I believe that people feel very empowered when they are behind a keyboard and mouse(Console) and will treat people poorly becasue of that fact. Now throw a game on top of that and those same people are even less polite. Obviously there are nice and polite people, I have met several on a MMO , but I do not think this is the avg person.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help them fight the mob(s) / throw them some support - Let them go for the node and don't contest them for it.
    I'm not *** to steal someone's node, obvsly. Once I helped one player fight zombies near chest and when I came closer to the chest, I saw this guy running as fast as he/she could to open it before me, so I just let him/her open it. I know how annoying it is when you fight kagouti and some stupid jerk just steal your node, when you are busy.
    PC/EU
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm running across the field, and lo and behold, there is someone fighting some mobs near the node. With a thunderous "LERROOOOOYYYYY JEENNNKIINNNSSS," I pull my sword from its sheath and charge into the fight. I hit so hard that Bat-FIght words from the 60's Tv spring around my character. The person being saved is left in awe as I slash my sword, cutting the mobs in two. Then, I, in stoic nature, walk...no, stride to the node. I pull out my pickaxe and strike, strike annnnnnnddd the node pops into by crafting bag. I approach the person, now clinging to the ground in fear, their breath rapid, their heart is visibly racing, sweat pouring on the ground. I reach into my bag and pull out a potato. A nutritional meal that will allow them to kill the mobs faster in the future, then I drop the nodes goodies on the ground for them, and say, "Some may call this junk, me, I call them treasures."
    Edited by Nordic_Pirate on October 3, 2017 5:53PM
    Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • DigitalEulogy
    DigitalEulogy
    ✭✭✭
    I farm a lot myself and i know the feeling of having another player swoop in and just take the node while you killing the mobs. As they are doing it I can hear them literally saying *!&$ you.
    Edited by DigitalEulogy on October 3, 2017 6:23PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like most folks are upstanding. Appears there are a couple of players who openly admit they are a******s.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need to get possessive, nodes aren’t exactly rare B)
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's so nice of him protecting that node so I can grab it. Definitely don't forget to thank him.

p.s. will help if needed, otherwise will be on my way.
    Edited by Artis on October 3, 2017 5:57PM
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swoop in there and take it - If I see a node I'm interested in I go for it, regardless of the other player's intentions.
    Do things to people, that people do to you.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swoop in there and take it - But I make sure to leave behind the worms, Ta, lockpicks and other junk too. I like my tears extra salty!
    Unless they're actually using the node, it's up for grabs. Also trash is trash. I have no need for it and it's a waste of my time to pick it up.

Also I'm evil muahahahaha etc. >:)
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lurk from a distance until they're finished. If they run past the node I pick it up.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I help kill, mount, and ride into the sunset w/ a wink.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the node and my need for it at that particular time.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might have lied.

But sometimes... sometimes... well, sometimes I think that the correct "reward" for a level 10 taking a couple of minutes to kill a pack of welvas so they can get to a node would be to take the ore and leave the regulus - just to give them a bit of (forlorn) hope ;)

I could take the node and vaporize the welvas for them while they are still faffing about throwing light attacks.

Yes, yes, everybody has to learn, but not by stealing my nodes in Craglorn o:)
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the situation but regardless I consider that node (IMO) is claimed by that other player.

1) If it's 1-2 mobs and they are almost dead then I continue on my way;

2) If the player needs some help (low health or too many enemies) I will throw down some AOE abilities and possibly a small heal and be on my way (so I don't come across as a potential threat wanting to steal their node).

Basically, I treat others how I wish to be treated and same rules apply towards locked chests. Their will always be D-bags but I will never stoop to their levels regardless if it's done to me. Thankfully </knock on wood> it's not often that I have encountered someone stealing/trying to steal my node when I had to clear trash mobs first to get it but I also don't farm it and only pick up if it's close and I feel like it, otherwise I don't pick up nodes.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let them finish the encounter. If they get the node, I move on. If they run off, I grab the node then continue on myself. Swooping in and not giving the person the choice is rude.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, first I didn't want to pick just move on, then I decided to vote then accidentally mis-voted and ofc on the worst :D
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help them fight the mob(s) / throw them some support - Let them go for the node, but if they take a minute or don't appear interested I'll take it.
    My character cannot pass by another player whose health bar is not full (with some reasonable exceptions) so that is her interest. That is just part of her nurturing make up as a healer. Generally, she won't compete for nodes at all - there are plenty of nodes and she has plenty of mats.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run towards it like I'm going to take it just to mess with him and make him nervous....but I veer away at the last second because only #$%& heads steal nodes from people.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on the node.

Ancestor Silk? I'll take it with all my might no matter what it takes and how many other players intent to take it. Columbine the same.

Other nodes? I gladly let to other players even a node I was fighting for.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 3, 2017 6:31PM
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless it's a master chest in vvardenfel. Then we're gonna fight to the death. Need those armiger motifs.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not many things *** me off in the game, but Misinformation in zone/guild chat and node/chest stealing does. Its one thing if me and another player are running to the same node, first come first serve there. But if I am fighting a mob near a node and someone swoops in and takes it, that is somebody who's parents phoned in the child rearing.

I remember one time a player was standing near a chest, and I noticed they were not moving. I did some says and jumped around like a spastic monkey firing off staff attacks to get their attention. After a minute or two, I activated the box, only it was already picked and my Auto Loot hoovered up the contents. The other player called me a name that I did not blame them for using. He told me he was trying to empty out his inventory. I apologized and I asked him how many spaces he had, he told me 80, so I gave him the set item from the chest and 5900 gold and told him to upgrade his bag space.
    Edited by Nestor on October 3, 2017 6:41PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends if they are low-level and close to dying or not. If they look like they really need help, I might join in. If they abandon the node, I will grab it. Generally speaking, I am on my way somewhere and I will continue there.
  • tizodd
    tizodd
    ✭✭✭
    I normally let them kill whatever they're killing then see if they go for the node. Of they don't, I take it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after a couple of years of playing now and at this stage of the game for me - when it comes to any resource nodes, treasure chests, or thieves troves - have at it man...

dependant on my mood though - I may bring some aggro to you, just to spice things up...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 3, 2017 6:45PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people complain about this, but I've found it to be very rare. Played 1000 hours of solo PvE and I can think of maybe 3 times this has happened.

I think the 'problem' is inflated personally.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I see someone fighting a mob near a node I usually look to see their info, level/health. if they appear to need help, I help kill. if they walk away from the node or chest then I will take it. I just like to kill stuff but if you don't take it I will. wouldn't want the resources to go to waste as it were.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I send him hate mail, pretend to loot node and then I challenge him to duel.

Jk, I just leave, if the "node" is not advanced/master chest.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never take the node; if they are a high CP player I move on, if they are a low level player and they are struggling, I help them and then move on.