Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

You see another player fighting near a node...

• Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Help them fight the mob(s) / throw them some support - Let them go for the node, but if they take a minute or don't appear interested I'll take it.
    Usually ... but if I'm in a hurry sometimes I forget manners, just grab the node and keep going
    Edited by Chronicburn on October 3, 2017 7:13PM
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help them fight the mob(s) / throw them some support - Let them go for the node, but if they take a minute or don't appear interested I'll take it.
    Depends. If it’s a chest and they’re not CP 160 or higher, you can be damn sure I’m taking that ***. Could be a valuable set piece and it’d go to waste on someone below 160. Otherwise, I either help them kill the enemy or don’t get involved at all.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get involved - I consider that node "claimed" by the other player and I'm already on my way elsewhere.
    I typically don't get involved and consider the node "claimed," but if I notice that the mobs are overwhelming the player — this is especially true in Craglorn — I will hop in and help defend the player. Once we've won, I'm on my way elsewhere again.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone's taking a long time with a Mob, or taking an unusual beating, I'll give them a heal, maybe one of my DoTs to help.

Also no wasting mats, if they downright ignore it of course I'll take it.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swoop in there and take it - If I see a node I'm interested in I go for it, regardless of the other player's intentions.
    If the character is AD then I will join the fight and I will let them get the Node, if they are DC or EP, nah bro I cant let them get ahead... sorry, you picked the wrong Alliance..

Note- if this makes me a scumbag, oh well....
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on October 3, 2017 7:34PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get involved - I consider that node "claimed" by the other player and I'm already on my way elsewhere.
    Not sure why my poll couldn't stay in general discussion but thanks everyone who participated, I enjoyed reading your responses and perspectives.
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always slot shadow cloak when farming, if someone comes and tries to steal the node, I go invisible and let them deal with the mobs.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone's fighting mobs at a node or chest or whatever it's clear they're doingnit for the resource. Jumping on that node or chest while they fight is an *** move.

Makes me yearn for world pvp...
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like some others have said, it depends on what they are doing. If they are fighting, I help and then they run off leaving said node, I'll take it...same goes for chests etc. If they don't move, or appear to be looking through their inventory, I might ask them. If they want the node, they can have it, they're not worth fighting over. :lol:
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't get involved - I'm probably not interested in that particular node and I'm already on my way elsewhere.
    I just don't care about 1 specific node enough to stop and help someone fight the mob next to it. My node farming days are long gone, unless you count surveys in.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help them fight the mob(s) / throw them some support - Let them go for the node and don't contest them for it.
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    Not sure why my poll couldn't stay in general discussion but thanks everyone who participated, I enjoyed reading your responses and perspectives.

Quests & Exploration - what???
    Edited by geonsocal on October 4, 2017 3:40PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Help them fight the mob(s) / throw them some support - Let them go for the node and don't contest them for it.
    I cant think of any node I want bad enough to “steal” it from another player. I’ve had players do that to me and I just laugh. Karma is cruel sometimes. I prefer to lead by example.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I *always* stay clear when someone else is obviously going for a node or chest.

There's plenty to go around for everyone ...
    shades.gif
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

Quests & Exploration - what???

First the thread was moved out of General Discussion and put into "Campaigns." Still scratching my head on that decision...

Then it got moved out of Campaigns and put into Quests and Exploration which equally makes no sense...

Skooma is bad kids!
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what I usually do / other - Explain.
    should also add...to what i posted ... the node itself depends on if the player has pissed me off .... last year i was in the middle of fighting off 3 wasps in crag and some player came in and snagged the node i was trying to get .... called him/her an *** and they laughed and said well... you did it to me! ... which they must have had me confused with someone else since i had just gotten there from logging in and that was the first node i came across .... so i made it my mission for the next 20-30mins to beat them to all the nodes they were after
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Tilleroeshi
    Swoop in there and take it - If I see a node I'm interested in I go for it, regardless of the other player's intentions.
    Too many people steal nodes and chests from me and I'm not playing the game to do favors for people. Also, I don't want to wait to see if they are going to take the node.

If you want a node but have to fight, FIGHT ON THE NODE. If the node is visible, I'm taking it.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I hunt for nodes I go tunnel vision, I follow the path I've made for myself and take anything in its path. Nodes are everywhere but its everyone for themselves, and I know people will say "but what if it happens to you". I don't fight mobs around nodes. Takes too long, I ignore it and continue on my way, but if the mobs are occupied I will take that opportunity to take it while I can. When I farm its all about efficiency, and haters gonna hate.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get involved - I'm probably not interested in that particular node and I'm already on my way elsewhere.
    Let the engaged player have it, plenty to go around. Only thing in your way to the next is overland trash mobs.

Unfortunately for the practitioners of the node etiquette, the only things you own are already in your inventory. No need to get salty about someone ignoring you call "dibs". - You gonna follow that guy who cut you off in traffic too?

What if your fighting a mob that covers/ is tethered to three nodes? Do we need a committee to decide that?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Liley wrote: »
    Don't do things to people, that you don't want people do to you :)

Exactly.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Do things to people, that people do to you.
    Your world must be pretty awful. I feel sorry for you.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watch and see if they need help with the mob. Help if needed. Allow them to have the node.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wil-2-752x501.png

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take the node because I'm farming and I'm not focused on "other players". Farming is a brainless, time-optimized activity and I will not "evaluate" a situation. There's a node, I take it. No time to wonder if that fight nearby is about the node or about something else.

• Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    I usually never even help if someone is fighting a mob by a node they are by, I figure they will be sweating it out during the fight that I'll take it from them, nope just let them be so they can fight and get the node in peace ;) .

I cant tell you how many times I have had nodes taken from me while I am even touching the node during battle, wow, there are a lot of really ignorant people out there, sad really. Or how about this one, your picking a lock and someone is standing right on you so if you fail they will jump in and take it from you, again, just plain ignorant people.

ROFLing at the people in this thread saying they don't see the person fighting the mob, they just keep running to nodes, HA! yea right, we believe you guys on that one, AGAIN, just Ignorant people.
    Edited by Hanzus on October 15, 2017 2:52AM
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA