The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you happy with how PVP is currently performing?

• Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Separate IC from Cyro or make the districts impact the alliance war score more that it’s required to own them.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Disconnects and lag
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I mean it's still fun enough for me to keep coming back to do. It needs improvements but I really don't feel clever enough to say how it could be improved.

Battlegrounds have been the feature I've been waiting for, I often times am just doing battlegrounds because it's fun to me.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    PvP has a ton of issues but LAG ffs is like get rid of that [snip] pls.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 13, 2017 8:24PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But be careful what you ask for or ZOS will fix it. :fearful:
  • Nullmagic
    Nullmagic
    ✭✭
    No
    Engine and server performance need to be better. Other than that, I quite like Pvp in this game.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Performance is Not Good. It's not even just big battles - which are fun tyvm when they don't become stop-action, will-my-bar-swap-fail-or-no, break-free-not-working-again-I-guess festivals of crazy - I get ping spikes and even got a loading screen when I'm alone mending a wall.

The ***y performance is what's killing it. Perverse rewards in the AP system, horse sim to get to IC, everybody trying to be unkillable, all of that is annoying but livable.
  • ckbud
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Need Live events in Cyrodiil or IC, like a Group boss is spawning in X location in 5 mins, which awards a lot of AP. Then people will know where to go and given something to fight over. Can occur more often during prime time, and less often during other hours.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ckbud wrote: »
    Need Live events in Cyrodiil or IC, like a Group boss is spawning in X location in 5 mins, which awards a lot of AP. Then people will know where to go and given something to fight over. Can occur more often during prime time, and less often during other hours.

Who's prime time exactly? People play from all around the globe.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I actually am feeling indifferent but have a really slight inclination towards voting 'No' due to how buggy PvP is sometimes. Other times, I think I'm content with the PvP experience this game provides.
    So yeah, not too much hard feelings but improvements are always welcomed.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fix
    -lag issues (other countries wanna play too)
    -Campaign swapping (either change up to a server based account lock system to stop the "change to winning side" mentality. Isnt ap buffing bannable? If so, you allow this to happen)
    -Stale format/lack of incentives (as above, would also give incentive to fight for a server and progress as much up a tier based tournament system)
    -buggy terrain (rock snaring is a joke, fix it)

There are heaps of threads that would improve pvp and other games that do pvp better, take some notes zos and please implement something. Just get it done!
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I do not play on the 30 day campaigns because they lag anywhere on the map that you are. 7day campaigns are totally empty. Bg are ok for a while atleast they do not lag.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's the most balanced it's ever been

But the lag is terrible.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    It's the most balanced it's ever been

But the lag is terrible.

Balanced? Everyone a tank with 30k+ health
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Seem to be getting lag when swapping bars and using skills quickly afterwards, even on normal ping. Zerging is really the only way to stay alive now. Either Zerg or get zerged
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It’s an interesting question. I’m happy to play and I can’t see that changing, but constant focus on so-called “balance” (combat skill balance) has led to two pretty important problems for me:-

1. There has been almost no development of PVP since Imperial City. I’m discounting Battlegrounds as frankly that seems to me to be little more than a mini-game for the über players. Not my cup of tea. Cyrodiil has a lot of potential scope - real gameplay developments that would encourage the player base - but we’ve had nothing but an incessant round of nerf-buff-nerf.

2. The rewards are, to be quite honest about it, pretty rubbish. I do appreciate that for some players the reward is in the killing of another player - I think most of us want more than that. The Rewards mails are paltry, and the return of AP is out of balance entirely with the cost of the items a player can buy with them. Why does the active player count in Cyrodiil go up when events are run, like we have seen this year in both main Cyrodiil and in the Imperial City? Simple: the rewards are suddenly more worthwhile.

My message to ZoS is simple - focus of the development of the gameplay for a while.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    ESO PvP isn't competitive and that is one of the biggest problems here (let's forget server performance for now). PvP needs competition to keep the excitement. How many participants would attend Olympics if it was for fun only without winners or records to break.

Add ranked mode for BGs!! Seriously, how many MMOs out there do not have ranked option for instanced PvP outside ESO?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 1, 2017 9:20AM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    PvP used to be fun when it was crowded. Right now it's just a desert.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Current state of PvP is awful tbh. The lag, server performance, the load screens, and all the extra pointless servers that for some mind boggling reason haven't disappeared since the IC event need to addressed. Prime time US CP server is unplayable other servers are dead with no options in between.

Beyond those obvious issues PvP needs real incentive like ranked BGs with rewarded gold weapons tailor made for PvP on the level of vMA. Caps on group sizes(12 instead of 24) and change the way healing works so that non grouped healers can't just spam "smart heals" and be effective. Remove AOE caps and bring back some version of dynamic ult generation to help smaller groups compete against larger ones.

Maybe even redoing the map of Cyrodiil making it smaller taking certain sections of a map and creating more manageable instances with a strict player cap.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Stop nerfing everything, get rid of unkillable tanks, fix lag (good joke) and put some life into Imperial City, you should make IC great again first, instead of putting cp into BGs. And of course delete those campaings you added during Midyear Mayhem.
    PC/EU
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cyro is now the same as a few years ago just with less player, same lag and some things go even worse.
    • All keeps more or less look the same
    • no real objective that is worth to fight for (why should i take that keep or scroll?)
    • reward of the worthy is more or less just spam mails
    • stacking is still the most effective way to play
    • the nerf to all mobility skills made playing solo almost impossible
    • more or less everything is in favor that if you outnumber your opponent you will win
    • night cammping or in general population imbalances
    • poor balance or design of some skills
    • almost all players on 2 spots and the rest of the map is empty

TBH i don't think any of the devs was recently actually in cyrodil during prime time.
    • meteors causing rubberbanding with the cc(atleast no fall damage)
    • the animation of skills or proc sets doesn't render
    • 1-3 sec delayed skills and bar swaps
    • can't use skills for 3 sec after dodge roll
    • endless loading screens
    • random disconnects
    • no sound
    • skills sometimes doesn't go off but you see the beginning of animation
    • hp desynced
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, mainly because of the horrible latency with abilities done to the player atm, and the DAMNED LOADING SCREENS!

Since HotR update the delay in aoes and abilities being seen in general has just gotten insane, it even radiates into pve, was doing a vet dungeon the other day and the aoes werent even on the ground yet and I was dying from them. Absolutely stupid, ZoS needs to do a major performance upgrade to fix this. Then there is the cyro cancer that is the loading screen boss. This problem has been around since launch and ZoS seems content with not even trying to fix it. When half of your gametime is spent in a loading screen while transporting between keeps, it does not stay fun very long. Reloadui works sometimes, but not all the time.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Denyiir wrote: »
    It seems like adding weapon ultimates and buffing HA in the past wasn't such a great idea...

Oh and THE LAG.

I dont have problems with weapon ultimates, but the buff to heavy was just stupid, and pretty much everyone warned how it would become OP AF , and look what happened.
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    No
    For example this is one of the issues i have with the lag:
    I had all these abilities/attack hitting me AT ONCE 2 snipe-1 injection and a heavy attack LOL
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingTangibleQuailSwiftRage
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For example this is one of the issues i have with the lag:
    I had all these abilities/attack hitting me AT ONCE 2 snipe-1 injection and a heavy attack LOL
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingTangibleQuailSwiftRage

I don't think it is lag it is hp desync. If you look at your debuffs you had the major defile already 1 second earlier than any damage you received and it happens quite often with snipe.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Getern
    Getern
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I really love how everyone is like: No
    Shame, Zeni doesn't give a damn
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Zenimax killed deers. R.I.P deer, it was not your fault

Deer_%28Online%29.png

love your signature.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    PvP is like call of duty now. Unskilled mobs from all 3 sides running around just mashing buttons.
    All the relevant skills from each class have been nerfed to the point that they are so weak it's just laughable. There's no longer any skill involved, all the good players are probably making better use of their time. I don't see any of the old regulars from any of the factions in PVP anymore. Zos has nerfed the game into the ground. No idea where we go from here.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you got about 7 hours, I'll give you a quick rundown of the problems.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Edit: wrong threat -.- ty ZoS!
    Edited by Huyen on October 1, 2017 1:42PM
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh