Broomstick Mount

Cambo_99
Cambo_99
Not sure if this has been brought up before. Since it's close to Halloween, can't there be something more unique like a broomstick mount? It doesn't even have to fly high like ones in shows, movies, etc. It can just be the same as a standard mount but just have it hover above the ground.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A vacuum would be better.

giphy.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not Harry Potter; that would look completely ridiculous. They’re already pushing past the boundaries with skeletal mounts.
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on September 29, 2017 4:39AM
  • Cambo_99
    Cambo_99
    No one said anything about Harry Potter, plus, Harry Potter isn't the only thing broomsticks come from lol. But just imagine a zerg of broomsticks making its way through Cyrodiil. And how exactly are they pushing past the boundaries?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would still be affected by the movement speed bugs, even though it wouldnt trip on a pebble
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    Hell yeah
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    it wouldnt trip on a pebble

Hmmmm...I think it would
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cambo_99 wrote: »
    No one said anything about Harry Potter, plus, Harry Potter isn't the only thing broomsticks come from lol. But just imagine a zerg of broomsticks making its way through Cyrodiil. And how exactly are they pushing past the boundaries?

Some people are so obsessed with fake lore they forget it's a game with "magic"

Nothing in lore is pushing the boundaries when magic is real. Hell they say no dragon well I'm pretty sure they could summon a magic dragon to ride on it, not a real one and it would not break lore bc MAGIC!

And I'm pretty sure a mage in TES universe can make a damn broom float
    Edited by FloppyTouch on September 29, 2017 5:12AM
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but... mah immershun
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the broom stick mount they had in FFXIV a few years ago. But what I really want is a unicorn.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy a broomstick and a Unicorn!
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignoring the absurdity of it? Because a hundred people flying around with broomsticks is corny. I’m not a lore-fanatic and this game in its current state is already the furthest thing from “immersive”, so that’s not really the issue. The issue is that that this, no offense, would be stupid. In the same way driving cars would be.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't Harry Potter
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    This is not Harry Potter; that would look completely ridiculous. They’re already pushing past the boundaries with skeletal mounts.

But can we get a new Battleground mode called Quidditch? ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few of the mounts are already gimmicky and look absurd, the clockwork spider for one. I think there's enough games out there with gimmicky stuff be better if they could keep things a bit more grounded (grounded in context of a magic based more game la la.la i know i know)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been brought up before...
    It has.
    Numerous times.
    Together with carpets, and driftdisks, and meditation pillows, and floating thrones...

(Yeah, at least three times I can remember posting something along those lines myself)

I may not have thought about a floating mortar though, so apology to all Baba Yaga fans!
    Cadbury wrote: »
    A vacuum would be better...
    Not in medieval-ish tamriel it wouldn't!
    This is not Harry Potter...
    ...you are aware that Ms.Rowlings was not the first to come up with the idea, right?

It's quite a bit older, dating back to -surprise- the late middle ages and myths about -gasp- witches! Witches who as rumor had it would use their besoms to fly to the blocksberg on walpurgisnacht, to have a little party involving unholy rites, general deviancy and maybe also demonic trysts... and possibly every other night they just felt like it as well.

(Although, in a world lacking magic it is considered way more likely all those rumours were more likely accounts from very much hallucinating "witches" which had indulged in some psychoactive "flying" ointment, and the broomstick was the... uhmn... applier. For internal application. Apologies, but forum rules prevent me from being more clear on the point - look it up :p The following drug-boosted partying and other devient behavoir on the other hand was possibly true!)

The mundane explenation aside... it would fit right in with most magic-powered fantasy settings, and ESO is no exception to that. There -are- flying/levitating spells in the elder scrolls universe, as anyone who played TES:Morrowind may remember... so it is not too far a stretch of the imagination to assume some enterprising mage may successfully enchant something with such spells. Even a broom.
    Maythor wrote: »
    ...but you can -only- ride the unicorn if you never ever engaged in ERP, 'kay? :p;)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *makes mental notes to use "this isn't Harry Potter" in future as a trigger*

Personally I am against it because although we cane expand the lore for ESO it doesn't really fit the TES series. The TES series isn't set around witches or wizards who have pointy hats, long noses and brooms they fly on.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus

Nothing wrong with Harry Potter. Harry Potter is grand. As is Mrs Rowlings bank account probably.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been brought up before...
    It has.
    Numerous times.
    Together with carpets, and driftdisks, and meditation pillows, and floating thrones...

(Yeah, at least three times I can remember posting something along those lines myself)

I may not have thought about a floating mortar though, so apology to all Baba Yaga fans!
    Cadbury wrote: »
    A vacuum would be better...
    Not in medieval-ish tamriel it wouldn't!
    This is not Harry Potter...
    ...you are aware that Ms.Rowlings was not the first to come up with the idea, right?

It's quite a bit older, dating back to -surprise- the late middle ages and myths about -gasp- witches! Witches who as rumor had it would use their besoms to fly to the blocksberg on walpurgisnacht, to have a little party involving unholy rites, general deviancy and maybe also demonic trysts... and possibly every other night they just felt like it as well.

(Although, in a world lacking magic it is considered way more likely all those rumours were more likely accounts from very much hallucinating "witches" which had indulged in some psychoactive "flying" ointment, and the broomstick was the... uhmn... applier. For internal application. Apologies, but forum rules prevent me from being more clear on the point - look it up :p The following drug-boosted partying and other devient behavoir on the other hand was possibly true!)

The mundane explenation aside... it would fit right in with most magic-powered fantasy settings, and ESO is no exception to that. There -are- flying/levitating spells in the elder scrolls universe, as anyone who played TES:Morrowind may remember... so it is not too far a stretch of the imagination to assume some enterprising mage may successfully enchant something with such spells. Even a broom.

I’m well aware of this. However, the stereotype of witches cackling in the moonlight with their broomsticks only adds to the absurdity of this already-absurd suggestion. As I said earlier, it’s just corny and it doesn’t belong in the Elder Scrolls. Just because you can explain something away with a ton of reaching doesn’t mean it should be in.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Turelus

Nothing wrong with Harry Potter. Harry Potter is grand. As is Mrs Rowlings bank account probably.

Meh. She's no Jill Murphy...
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really opened up pandoras box with these silly mounts from crates. in a year or two this game will look like a circus. It's how it always goes with MMOs that try to make money off of mount collectors; it's never weird enough, they always want more.
    Edited by FoolishHuman on September 29, 2017 5:13PM
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want that crappy lvl 1, 2h broom from April fools to be converted into a skin for a staff.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to ride anything silly.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    *makes mental notes to use "this isn't Harry Potter" in future as a trigger*

Personally I am against it because although we cane expand the lore for ESO it doesn't really fit the TES series. The TES series isn't set around witches or wizards who have pointy hats, long noses and brooms they fly on.

Well we've already got pointy hats, curly hats, ostentatious robes, and bubbling cauldrons, so our heads are already in the rabbit hole.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witches in Elder Scrolls are more likely to turn into a crow than fly on a broom. Or use your guts as garlands
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maythor wrote: »

to make the unicorn fly you'd have to stick the broomstick up it's a-hole
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really opened up pandoras box with these silly mounts from crates. in a year or two this game will look like a circus. It's how it always goes with MMOs that try to make money off of mount collectors; it's never weird enough, they always want more.

Elephants, especially pastel colored elephants, are coming.
    I can feel it.
    It's just a matter of time.

:#

Edited by twev on September 29, 2017 6:28PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer a Boomstick...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to chime in to agree with many of the others - I think this is a bad idea because it will make this game look even more ridiculous than it already does. I already cringe when I see that stupid dwarven spider mount running around Cyrodiil, I don't think we need any more gimmicky mounts any time soon.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if it comes with coconuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9nXfffeAIU