Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Broomstick Mount

• SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    This is not Harry Potter; that would look completely ridiculous. They’re already pushing past the boundaries with skeletal mounts.

Skeletal mounts aren't pushing lore. Just look at Arvak. A hovering broom mount would be amusing.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    My GF loved the vibrating Harry Potter broomstick. Sad day when it broke.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maythor wrote: »
    I'd buy a broomstick and a Unicorn!

I'll ride a unicorn with a broomstick horn.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't someone complete VMA with a broom and bucket? So, sure, they're already in the game. Just make those broomsticks fly! Or at least hover over the roads...
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broomstick mounts for those who want them! Little plastic ESO ouroborous flags for those that don't!
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no :'(
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to walk on water like Criss Angel. Make it happen ZOS!
    I want to zip around like Goku on the nimbus. Make it happen ZOS!
    I want to fly on a magic carpet like Aladdin. Make it happen ZOS!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I want one. Could fly around like a star wars speeder
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm game
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    Cambo_99 wrote: »
    No one said anything about Harry Potter, plus, Harry Potter isn't the only thing broomsticks come from lol. But just imagine a zerg of broomsticks making its way through Cyrodiil. And how exactly are they pushing past the boundaries?

Some people are so obsessed with fake lore they forget it's a game with "magic"

Nothing in lore is pushing the boundaries when magic is real. Hell they say no dragon well I'm pretty sure they could summon a magic dragon to ride on it, not a real one and it would not break lore bc MAGIC!

And I'm pretty sure a mage in TES universe can make a damn broom float

no doubt those of us who care about lore are huge nerds but there's specific limitations built into the lore surrounding magic use, which you would be aware of if you had either actually played any elder scrolls games or were not making a bad faith response to people's concerns.
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always wondered though, wouldn't sitting on that thin pole...you know...hurt? Quite a bit? Your full body weight on a tiny area.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about some of these mounts?
    • Dora the Explorer
    • Leafy is Here
    • Mutated 27 legged turkey
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    erm it's not just ole Harry that rides a broomstick. there ARE Witches in this game therefore it would not damage the lore to have ridable brooms.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be pretty funny, I wouldn't be against it.

I would prefer a Unicorn mount though. With ALL the sparkle and glitter effects.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been brought up before. Since it's close to Halloween, can't there be something more unique like a broomstick mount? It doesn't even have to fly high like ones in shows, movies, etc. It can just be the same as a standard mount but just have it hover above the ground.

Can I get a flying carpet for my stamplar to spam jabs from? :)
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go back to WoW if you want flying mounts and broomsticks...
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or just bring back levitation. That seemed to be a thing in Morrowind, I'm sure they had it in the 2nd era too.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lore apropriate flying mount....

a dwemer vacuum cleaner designed by soth sil!

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one said anything about Harry Potter, plus, Harry Potter isn't the only thing broomsticks come from lol. But just imagine a zerg of broomsticks making its way through Cyrodiil. And how exactly are they pushing past the boundaries?

Nothing in lore is pushing the boundaries when magic is real. Hell they say no dragon well I'm pretty sure they could summon a magic dragon to ride on it, not a real one and it would not break lore bc MAGIC!

no doubt those of us who care about lore are huge nerds but there's specific limitations built into the lore surrounding magic use, which you would be aware of if you had either actually played any elder scrolls games or were not making a bad faith response to people's concerns.

oh please...

levitation is an actual thing in eso lore (morrowind) so please explain to me how a levitating broomstick would be breaking lore?

i'll wait!

bebynnag wrote: »

oh please...

levitation is an actual thing in eso lore (morrowind) so please explain to me how a levitating broomstick would be breaking lore?

i'll wait!

I never said it would be. I did imply that it would be unnecessary, because you can levitate in the first place, and inefficient, because levitating much more than you have to is going to leave you a simpering, magicka-less mess.
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    Quidditch for PvP, anyone ? ;)
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk why I'm at the edge of being TRIGGERED. :|
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh please...

i'll wait!

I never said it would be. I did imply that it would be unnecessary, because you can levitate in the first place, and inefficient, because levitating much more than you have to is going to leave you a simpering, magicka-less mess.

you replied to a comment that was asking how it would be breaking lore, i am sorry for asuming you were addressing their question when you quoted them!

you never implied anything of the sort by the way, you simply made a random self depricating comment about being a nerd (its 2017 btw that word had been reclaimed and is now a status symbol - your using it wrong)

you mention 'limitatations' but since you were not clear about what limitations you were discussing, and the post you were replying to was refrencing dragons and im not psychic, and you made no direct comment re: levitation im just gonna go with
    LOL ok! whatever!
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    This is not Harry Potter; that would look completely ridiculous. They’re already pushing past the boundaries with skeletal mounts.

Skeletal mounts aren't pushing lore. Just look at Arvak. A hovering broom mount would be amusing.

So because one special unique undead horse was created in soul cairn and got into nirn because a one of a kind vampire lord created a portal and sent the last dragonborn there and they took this horse back, that is enough explanation why there are 30 skeletal mounts standing around in mournhold?
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm why not animate the broomstick like a hobbyhorse ? It would be fun :D
    Edited by Irfind on October 1, 2017 8:40AM
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit

oh please...

i'll wait!

you replied to a comment that was asking how it would be breaking lore, i am sorry for asuming you were addressing their question when you quoted them!

you never implied anything of the sort by the way, you simply made a random self depricating comment about being a nerd (its 2017 btw that word had been reclaimed and is now a status symbol - your using it wrong)

you mention 'limitatations' but since you were not clear about what limitations you were discussing, and the post you were replying to was refrencing dragons and im not psychic, and you made no direct comment re: levitation im just gonna go with
    LOL ok! whatever!

this is such an obtuse and willfully disingenuous reading, why do you act like this?
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm truly impressed, that's the single worst idea I've ever heard :/ I slogged through the potterverse and I hope to god they don't do it

Coconuts though, now we are getting somewhere...
    Edited by Integral1900 on October 1, 2017 10:40AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh please...

i'll wait!

LOL ok! whatever!

this is such an obtuse and willfully disingenuous reading, why do you act like this?

im obtuse and wilfuly disingenuous?

you made a comment, i pointed out the OBVIOUS flaw, you tried to backtrack i laughed.

but OK im la stupid lier.... also please stop running sentances & phrases through an online thesaurus to make yourself appear inteligets its pathetic!