The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Dropchance for perfected Asylumweapons?

DeHei
DeHei
✭✭✭✭✭
There are many reasons why we just have few groups, who really runs HM trials. I dont think to give BiS weapons (perfected asylum) only for HM is a good change and will maybe a fatal way for the future of TESO. But that' s just my opinion...

I think a better way would be to implementate a dropchance for perfected asylum weapons in all modes. Nobody would have stress, when there is a 20% dropchance in normalmode, a 50% dropchance in vetmode and a 100% dropchance in HM. On this way all can farm BiS weapons.

This would support every player and not just the elite!

What do you think about this? @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
Edited by DeHei on September 26, 2017 5:00AM
DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
De Hei(Youtube)
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in another thread, I'd be okay with a drop chance being added to regular Vet mode. I don't think Normal should ever have the option of dropping a Perfected Asylum weapon, but that's just my opinion. Could keep the Normal drops as is and then add in something like a 15-20% drop chance in regular Vet mode. I think 50% is too high. Keep the drop a bit lower for Vet, giving incentive for people to keep running the trial, but still make it possible. That'd be a good middle ground in my opinion.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is already a asylum weapons in normal and ... it's not enough ?wut ?
    The difference between asylum weapons and perfect asylum weapons is very very small so ... could you guys stop to want everything for you ? this start with this but what next ? a way to drop the polymorph in normal ? They already support players with these " asylum weapons " cause let's be honnest ... in Normal this raid is a " JOKE " .

Yes i know that in Vet HM we can loot a perfect asylum weapons and a polymorph, but HL custom rewards are dead. Since they added the bloodroot forge skin in crown store and a futur mask in reaper crow crate which would be well better than the one we currently get from blood root forge ... so i won't be surprised to see a better polymorph in the crown store later in the year.
    Edited by Apherius on September 26, 2017 5:14AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect Asylum weapon in Normal mode.... absolutely not.

It's already pushing it to allow regular Asylum weapons to drop from Normal difficulty which strips the incentive away from running Veteran. I can agree to have a chance of dropping Perfect Asylum weapons from beating Veteran but never for Normal mode. Might as well grant full-fledged vMA weapons for beating Normal Maelstrom if we did this.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    The difference between asylum weapons and perfect asylum weapons is very very small so ... could you guys stop to want everything for you ? this start with this but what next ? a way to drop the polymorph in normal ? They already support players with these " asylum weapons " cause let's be honnest ... in Normal this raid is a " JOKE " .

Yes i know that in Vet HM we can loot a perfect asylum weapons and a polymorph, but HL custom rewards are dead. Since they added the bloodroot forge skin in crown store and a futur mask in reaper crow crate which would be well better than the one we currently get from blood root forge ... so i won't be surprised to see a better polymorph in the crown store later in the year.

The difference varies between 6.7 and 25%.
    With 25% being a substential difference (from my testing) for the asylum destro staff.
    You´re gonna have a noticeable difference and will be at a significant disatvantage in the scenario of destro v perfect destro.

That should not be the case ever. If they go that route they can just add those weapons to the crownstore aswell - because loosing fights because you can´t dedicate multiple hours and days to pve each week is just crap.
    Edited by Derra on September 26, 2017 6:21AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Vaoh wrote: »
    Perfect Asylum weapon in Normal mode.... absolutely not.

It's already pushing it to allow regular Asylum weapons to drop from Normal difficulty which strips the incentive away from running Veteran. I can agree to have a chance of dropping Perfect Asylum weapons from beating Veteran but never for Normal mode. Might as well grant full-fledged vMA weapons for beating Normal Maelstrom if we did this.

What is a "joke"? Your comments looks like!
    Wtf is wrong with you? When you are the elitists, nobody else is allowed to get stuff? Does that mean elitists?
    "Just me and nothing for more then 99,5% of the TESO community?"
    When this would be changed, the common player would have a very small dropchance to these best weapons too. For you this would not change anything, because you guys will allready farm the HM with a 100% chance for that stuff and get them very fast in vetmode. Looks not like, that you want just to be proud to have these weapons.. looks more that you guys are just egoists.. You would not have a disadvantage with a fair change.
    ... I know a word for that --> asocial!!!

AND, when this difference between these weapons are sooooo small, why you guys are so pissed, when somebody just ask for a dropchance in normal? You know that for example the destrostaff makes a huge difference between statuseffects with nearly 100% uptime for soloplayer and or less with imperfected weapons...

Just think about that!

(btw. i have my trialgroup, but not problem that all can work easily for "a bigger ***"!)
    Edited by DeHei on September 26, 2017 10:17AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is kinda of in a no win situation with these weapons now they committed to putting them in a trial. If you put weapons on normal people that do vet trials and work hard on that content are going to be annoyed (not that I am one of those, but I can see that point of view don't Get me wrong). And if they have the best weapons on hard mode only people who do primarily pvp, solo, etc basically have no shot at them. Me personally, I don't think 12 man content should be dropping that affects all aspects of the game. If these weapons were purely pve, I'd agree. Either way, now someone is going to be unhappy.
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, why stop there? Let's put VMSA weapons into normal mode, same for Master weapons. Oh wait, that's not enough. Let's just put every single Set item in every possible trait magically in the inventory of every character newly created. And don't forget a whole bunch of gold, AP and Tel Var stones. Plus make each character max level.

Sarcasm aside, if you want a PERFECT weapon, perform a PERFECT run.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    It takes less time for Hodor to complete vHoF in Hard Mode, than Normal HoF for so many guilds.

For that reason I understand OP, where it will always be more of a grind for those that can't commit long hours with the same people, every day, with the same goal.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »
    Yeah, why stop there? Let's put VMSA weapons into normal mode, same for Master weapons. Oh wait, that's not enough. Let's just put every single Set item in every possible trait magically in the inventory of every character newly created. And don't forget a whole bunch of gold, AP and Tel Var stones. Plus make each character max level.

Sarcasm aside, if you want a PERFECT weapon, perform a PERFECT run.

Why does a perfect pve weapon locked behind pve content that requires immense dedication and time have to bis in pvp?
    <Noricum>

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that people who allegedly hate "elitists" are losing their mind over a tiny dps increase? Oh no, you have to wait 5 seconds instead of 4, not gonna make a difference when every sorc and their scamp is spamming it too.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got killed by Endless Fury recently? Ah yeah. Thought so.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just ban all Arena weapons from PVP and the problem is solved o/'

Since they are "locked" behind PvE walls, they should stay in PvE. Get PvP Arenas with Rewarditem who only work in PvP and noone will Complain anymore.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the reason we cant have good things. ZOS made the new drops in such a way that everyone gets access to the weapons and only the most dedicated players get access to the perfect weapons.

Now the casuals of the game whine that they cant have the "new shiny" for just logging into the game. Why do you need the perfected weapons when you aren't doing content that requires them?

The way it is currently dropping is great and should not be changed. Casuals have their chance of getting weapons and hard working raiders get a chance for perfected weapons.
    I play how I want to.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the reason we cant have good things. ZOS made the new drops in such a way that everyone gets access to the weapons and only the most dedicated players get access to the perfect weapons.

Now the casuals of the game whine that they cant have the "new shiny" for just logging into the game. Why do you need the perfected weapons when you aren't doing content that requires them?

The way it is currently dropping is great and should not be changed. Casuals have their chance of getting weapons and hard working raiders get a chance for perfected weapons.

I play pvp.
    These weapons will be best in slot for some builds making them a requirement.

Fighting normal vs perfected destro is fighting from a significant disadvantage.

Why do you think i should have to farm hardmode 12man pve trials to get a best in slot pvp weapon?

Also i´m by far no casual. I just don´t enjoy pve in eso since morrowind.

@rustic_potato please tag me when you have an answer to the question posed.
    Edited by Derra on September 27, 2017 6:10AM
    <Noricum>

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

That's the point. Probably vMA weapons - at least the staves and the bow - will still be stronger for PvE than the Asylum ones, because the skills they alter (WoE and Endless Hail) are so much stronger than Force Pulse and Poison Injection. I don't think many will use these specific two weapons for PvE. It's a totally different story for PvP.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By "casuals" you mean basically almost every player of this game? Because there are only a few hundred people that even play veteran trials. Are the leaderboards even full? You are lucky they even design new items for such a tiny part of the player base. Which is probably why lesser versions drop elsewhere, I expect that to be the case for all similar items in the future.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only problem with how they made these drop is that most of the people capable of completing the content have already quit the game/abandoned PvE - there's very, very few top end PvE guilds left.

They should've added gear progression to the game years ago - now I'm afraid it's waaay too late for that.