Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Which is the hands down best zone with amazing quests and story lines in ESO?

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
As the question states:)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium in my mind.

I personally prefer Stonefalls and Vvardenfel because I love Dunmer and the look of those zones, but I think for perfection in questing and story telling it has to be Orsinium.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% subjective. my fave for example and the story I have replayed the most is Altmeri dominion. meanwhile I know people, plural that hate it and can't make themselves play through it again.

meanwhile it took me absolute ages to drag myself through most of ebonheart pact story and Sonefalls in particular completely stalled me - I genuinely to this day, despise the zone and don't go back there if I can help it. and yet more then one person will tell you that its THE best story.

so... subjective. matter of preference. there is no hands down best.

P.S> as far as individual zones go, I'm partial to Hew's bane. Orcinium took me months to finish as well, that story just felt like it dragged on... and on.... and on.. and its not until you get to the twist, that it picked up for me, almost at the end of it.
    Edited by Linaleah on September 25, 2017 8:05AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaper's Marsh.

I love the voice acting by Khali and Shazah, the story is good and I get to learn a litle about khajiiti culture and mythology.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire

'nuff said
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    There are quite a few really good areas in my opinion. Wrothgar is fantastic, but I also really liked Hew's Bane and most of the Ebonheart Pact questlines. If I had to pick a favourite though, it would probably be Alik'r Desert (though if you ask me again in a week that will probably change again).
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    Stonefalls and Vvardenfell were my favourites because Dunmer are my all-time favourite race lore-wise (I always play a Dark Elf in every Elder Scrolls game), but Gold Coast was also very well-made in my opinion. The base game zones can be a bit boring but aside of the one I mentioned earlier, Deshaan, Shadowfen, Coldharbour and Rivenspire were pretty good. I haven’t started AD zones yet.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orsimium, Coldharbor, Altmeri, Rivenspire, are some of my faves.

Gold Coast likely my least favorite along with most of the EP lines.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Orsinium in my mind.

I personally prefer Stonefalls and Vvardenfel because I love Dunmer and the look of those zones, but I think for perfection in questing and story telling it has to be Orsinium.

Really? I hear this a lot, and it baffles me. I mean, you could see the "twist"/ betrayal happening a mile away, from the very first moment you watch the king ruthlessly kill an open dissenter, which made crawling to the conclusion (that he's an idealistic despot) a chore. I can't remember the zone, but for me, the Wilderking(?) questline was extremely well written with a satisfying payoff.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite zone for questing is Rivenspire, with Wrothgar a close second.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know my fave, but damn I hate Rivenspire. To walk around that giant mountain. Oh god
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite is Reaper's March - I just adore Khali and Shazah.
    NA PS4
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

I agree. Rivenspire is awesome.
    • The main regional quest line is outstanding from beginning to end, which is hard to say for any other region.
    • The introduction to vampirism is well done.
    • There's relatively little grind-y busywork.
    • There as many good "you decide how this quest comes out" choices as I can recall in the rest of the game combined.
    • Hoarfrost Downs has my favorite comedy quest line in the game.

Wrothgar introduces you to the Orcish culture, and has a story that may be even better than Rivenspire's. But the individual quest tasks feel more normal-MMO grind-y than Rivenspire's.

I hated Stonefalls, with its "kill 10 bats" (I think that's a literal example) lazy quest design.

I liked Deshaan a lot, but now I don't remember much about it. I may have overrated it after the tedium of Bleakrock and Stonefalls.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 25, 2017 12:40PM
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dunmer are my favorite (and I'm a Morrowind fangirl) so I love Stonefalls and Vvardenfell, but I also really like the look of Reaper's March, Hew's Bane and Glenumbra but haven't finished the quests there.

And so far I love the Orsinium story, but haven't finished it yet.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaper's March, like @theher0not

I think the main character's voice acting was superbly done (it's very moving, I'm always in tears by the end of the Dune quest).

I also enjoyed the Hews Bane story, and Greenshade's (the zone is a nightmare to navigate though).
    PC-EU
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire has the best zone main quest, as it's mostly self-contained and makes you feel for the characters without assuming you care about them. For an example of the opposite, the entire time questing through Valenwood, it's Silvenar this, Green Lady that, blah blah blah when I couldn't care less about the two as presented.

The side quests in Greenshade were good, though. The crusty gay couple, the Wilderking and his associated stories, the zombie... army... thing... okay I can't tell you the last time I did Greenshade.

I think my least favorite zones are Alik'r (oh my god put your religious stuff aside for a second to prevent a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE), Malabal Tor (because of the above 'Silvenar this Green Lady that' but turned up to 11), and the Gold Coast main quest because everyone is thoroughly insufferable (side quests involving old characters were good, though).

I will say that the Clockwork City questline left me pretty satisfied. (:
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It took me forever before I set down and did orsinium, but I think it had the best story and questing. The end is so epic.

On a side note, while lorebook hunting I completely skip eastmarch. There’s a book hidden behind a 3 hour long quest.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire and Wrothgar hands down. Best zones by far.

Reasons:

• The main regional quest line is outstanding from beginning to end, which is hard to say for any other region.
    • There as many good "you decide how this quest comes out" choices as I can recall in the rest of the game combined.

Wrothgar introduces you to the Orcish culture, and has a story that may be even better than Rivenspire's. But the individual quest tasks feel more normal-MMO grind-y than Rivenspire's.

I hated Stonefalls, with its "kill 10 bats" (I think that's a literal example) lazy quest design.

I liked Deshaan a lot, but now I don't remember much about it. I may have overrated it after the tedium of Bleakrock and Stonefalls.
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

^lmao
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    I can't remember the zone, but for me, the Wilderking(?) questline was extremely well written with a satisfying payoff.

Greenshade, with the Wilderking story, the phasing and flashbacks. Also don't think you can beat Coldharbour for its aesthetic and atmosphere.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium!

Anyone who says anything different is off their rocker. ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Deshaan's main quest, and Magistrix Vox as a character.
    PC NA
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 Hew's Bane (Thieves Guild) -
    • outstanding storyline, great characters
    • awesome quests, access to heists (which guarantee thieves guild armor motifs upon completion)
    • high accumulation rate of blue Bahraha's Curse set pieces that you can equip or sale
    • access to Thieves Guild skill line
    • will naturally level up your Legerdemain skill line
    • will accumulate mass amounts of pardon edicts that will assist you in Dark Brotherhood, Morrowind, and general robbing and, if it is your cup of tea, murdering

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can't get over the fact that there is a refugee camp next to a wayshrine. I'm sure there is some lore reason as to why average npcs can't use wayshrines but it just feels stupid to me.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    I can't get over the fact that there is a refugee camp next to a wayshrine. I'm sure there is some lore reason as to why average npcs can't use wayshrines but it just feels stupid to me.

@Everstorm

Its because they have Souls and you don't.

As first theorized by Corvus Direnni, the wayshrines create an interconnected "web of sojourn" which could be manipulated to create a permanent portal network. In order to do this, the "fast traveler" would have to attune himself to each wayshrine in order to create a "node". However, to test this theory the potential traveler would have to unmoor his soul from the Mundus.

Source:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Wayshrines

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium

And Imp City
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't impressed by any quests in ESO to be honest. It's no wonder I see "average quests" all over the reviews. The Secret World has the best quests and story.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire has a good main questline.

I also think Alikr has good quests overall (main + side quests).

Although somewhat short, Hew's Bane main quest is also good.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium. Hands down.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont really have an order per say, I have likes and dislikes (How I see and enjoy the quests are influenced and tied to how I like zones as a whole, and vice-versa, so you could probably guess because i hated the atmosphere in shadowfen so much, i never really paid close attention to the quests and thus disliked them in turn). There are a few exceptions, I really like Reaper's Marsh as a hole but didnt really like the questline.

Kenarthi's Roost
    Bleakrock
    Stonefalls
    Auridon
    Rivenspire
    Eyevea
    ColdHarbor

Dislikes:

Shadowfen x 9000
    EastMarch
    Glenumbra
    Alik'r
    Grahtwood
    Stros Mkai
    Bektnith
    Gold Coast
    Edited by Spacemonkey on September 25, 2017 4:54PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of gameplay quality? Craglorn, easily. It's the only zone with a mix of easy and challenging quests.

In terms of story? I liked Greenshade. Although I hear Rivenspire is even better.