Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Which is the hands down best zone with amazing quests and story lines in ESO?

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar has best story and quest quality in general.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised that so many people like Rivenspire. The non-main story quests are fine but I find Verandis so annoying! And he never stops talking when I just want to progress the quest haha. Eselde = same.

Auridon is good - good twist halfway through when you do it the first time.

Also like Reapers March as a quest line, the two sisters' acting and dialogue are really well done. As a zone I find it bland the more I do it though.

Shadowfen is probably my favourite, all my characters just want to help the crocs and save as many as they can. The hatching pools is the highlight and actually puts me off the Dominion from a lore perspective.

Cyrodiil is actually pretty good if you manage to get some pve done without being swarmed by other alliances :)
    Ps4 EU
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough Orsinium with a close second being Rivenspire.

I'm in the minority but I also enjoyed the hell out of Morrowind
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorne and cyrodil. Craglorne looks a amazing and everything is connected towards the plot and trials. Big plus that you can actually die.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worthgar and Rivenspire.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire is my favorite, with Greenshade as my second favorite.
    pc na | trash tier
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rivenspire was nice

I personally like the Gold Coast a lot too
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Reaper's March. The Sisters are great and the decision comes off to me as one of the only times the tons of branching path decisions of the game felt like it had some weight to it. It was also a strong finish to the Aldmeri Dominion that brought all parts of it together. The biome of Reaper's March probably helped with my enjoyment, too. Really liked the environment. Breath of fresh air after all that Valenwood.

On a larger scale, the entire Aldmeri Dominion's collective storyline is my favourite of the Alliances. Best characters imo. Great view of an older Dominion after TESV.

Edited by Xoelarasizerer on September 26, 2017 8:02PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theher0not wrote: »
    Reaper's Marsh.

I love the voice acting by Khali and Shazah, the story is good and I get to learn a litle about khajiiti culture and mythology.

oh god, even if I didn't already decide to pick Shazah, I would have picked her just so that I don't have to listen to Khali speak anymore. that accent was just... beyond awful. sorry, but that particular version of quasi slavic accent is incredibly grating. I literally ended up turning off sound just to be able to finish that quest chain and I found the story itself VERy interesting. thank goodness for subtitles.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a zone in particular as favorite, but I liked the main storyline. It incorporated the Mage's and Fighter's guild, required you to talk and interact with the leaders of ALL 3 factions, rebuilding a lost city, and ended up with a grand finale fight at the end...Before ZOS nerfed the Molag Bal fight to the ground. When I first ran that, the last fight was the best 20 min fight in the game.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QUEN is <3

QUEN is Life
    PC
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Stormhaven has a good plot to it.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    I really like Deshaan's main quest, and Magistrix Vox as a character.

Magistrix Vox was SUCH a pain in the a** to kill!
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar, or as others have called it Orsinium

Big zone with lots of quests, funny interactions and a main questline with twists and turns. Plus the group and solo content are both solid imo.
  • vravenfury
    vravenfury
    Soul Shriven
    Rivenspire - I just loved everything about it. Very interesting
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clockwork city.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best zone goes to Auridon
  • Seperatist
    Seperatist
    ✭✭✭
    I really like almost whole DC storyline and Orsinium, simply the best. AD have too many jungles imo. But there was some good storylines as well. Unfortunately can't really remember much EP storylines since i did them kinda long time ago.
    Immoltal ledeemel, (un)chained, Gryphon Fat, Thicc Tocc Tolmenter, Grand overbruhlord, Kekslayer. "You know you don't have to be here right"
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best, imo, is VVardenfell and CWC. I think they did a great job with the zones, and the quests are very good, but honestly, all the zones have good questing.
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfen taught me to hate the Dominion and i enjoy the Argonian culture
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I loved Orsinium... I have to vote Vvardenfell! That whole area is just drawing me in more than the others. The quests, the location, the subject matter. Gives me goosebumps!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly believe each zone in ESO has something unique to it, in story, tone, atmosphere, topography, soundtrack, architecture, zone design, and types of quests and there isn't a single one I don't like, but...

... when it comes to the quality of the quests and story-lines, I think Wrothgar (Orsinium DLC) is still, hands down, the best, closely followed by the Clockwork City (which has an enormous variety of quests and a completely new tone that I hadn't seen in ESO before and which reminded me of fantastic single-player RPGs like Planescape: Torment or Tides of Numenera which I loved).

In general, I think you can see in all DLC zones that the development team has become more experienced at telling stories with quests. The Imperial City quests are actually really good. Hew's Bane (Thieves Guild) and the Gold Coast (Dark Brotherhood) quests focus too much on the new mechanics in the respective DLC (and too much on character development of a few select NPCs in the case of TG, for my taste), and suffer a bit from the fact that these zones are smaller compared to Vvardenfell and Wrothgar. Vvardenfell may have suffered a bit from trying too hard to be like another game and not its own thing and its quest design felt pretty similar to that of any old non-DLC zone to me - which is still good, but doesn't quite achieve the "epic" quality that the Orsinium story-line and sidequests had for me (maybe the orcish way of telling stories just appealed more to me than the dark-elven way).

That being said, Auridon is still my all-time favorite zone overall: the Ayleid ruins, the spirits and deadra, the veiled inheritance, the high-elven architecture, the many harbour cities, and the fairytale-like landscape were my gateway to ESO in the first few open beta week-ends that I had the chance to participate in. So, needless to say, I really hope there will be a DLC that takes place on the Summerset Isles, at some point :)
    Edited by GaldorP on January 20, 2018 1:27PM
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulo wrote: »
    Shadowfen taught me to hate the Dominion and i enjoy the Argonian culture

I first did Shadowfen on my first toon, an AD Khajiit, when doing Caldwell's SIlver back before 1 Tam. She was not pleased with what the Dominion was doing there.

I'm in an extreme minority in that I like Shadowfen. Alas, it's one of the zones plagued with bot trains so that disinclines me to really immerse myself in the zone like I could back before 1 Tam, although I do have an Argonian toon now and even though he's AD (he's not a goose-stepper or a slave), I bought Ample Domicile there for him and hope to spend some time there just doing the quests. Argonian culture is such a nice change of pace.

Edited by jssriot on January 20, 2018 2:40PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Wrothgar has best story and quest quality in general.

Orsinium is my vote for best single zone. AD beginning zones are the worst IMO....everything is too spread out and unorganized.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see Orsinium in my eyes, Reaper's March in my heart, Vvardenfell in my mind, and Craglorn on my mouth.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire is ugly but every other aspect is perfect.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally the two zones that made me feel most like I was a part of an epic quest was Alik'r and Rivenspire. They were both just pretty solid self contained plotlines and I especially like how in the larger DC story how it goes from Rivenspire and it's cold oppressive and restrictive landscape to the open desert far as the eye can see and only your sense of direction and the quest you've set on to guide you.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar